Why would he look at me?

(you) me

an ice-cold can of Dr. Pepper

he realized that he was the murderer

he looked at you. Because you are Secretariat

A man in the audience.

The camera

This scene actually ruined the movie for me

He just realized some guy had been following him all the time with a camera and realized he was probably the killer

The Camera
He's a shitty actor

A forth wall.

God

He is one of the best korean actor you pleb

those things taste like a cheesecake

>They did the take 50 times but this is the best one they could get

at how this movie sucked

I didn't realize he was looking at anything, he just turned his head and started thinking really hard.

>so these... are memories... of murder

He was hit with the realisation that he still is out there, and he could have cought him.

Im not sure but you can tell its far away by how hard he is squinting.

egg fried rice
/thread
twentysecondpostbestpost

+1 upvote!

The first time I watched the film, I watched it very drunk and became incredibly convinced that Seo Tae-Yoon was the killer. I don't know what I was thinking, but I basically went full pic. related.
>Kept comparing his shoes to the footprints they found at the scene
>He's specifically the one watching the decoy victim with binoculars
>Dissected the only attack shown frame-by-frame
>Kept looking for double meanings in the dialogue
By the end, it was a film about this big city detective coming in and basically bamboozling the country police dept. for two hours. As soon as I sobered up, I realized I'd gone full retard, but it was probably the most fun I had watching it.

The killer because he's still out there.

Best fourth wall break in history

And the only good one. Great film and great acting.

I forgot, he's also the first character to be shown after the attack happens. It doesn't cut directly to him, but he picks up the phone. Going back and looking at it, the person who charges out of the grass at the victim has the same nose - you can tell because it's so broad at the base - but the rest of his features are hard to see. The way the transition is presented in pretty suggestive. There's also no one credited for the role.

I think I really liked looking at the film this way because it changes his motivation entirely. His sheer determination to catch a culprit makes sense, but it has a different meaning.

I thought about it and deduced there was more than one killer. The motif of rain and the song only becomes paramount later in the movie; from one series of murders could have led to others being found. It's a likelihood that their prime suspect didn't commit certain murders as to evade the DNA test.

so. who did the murders? the pretty boy in the tunnel they had the dna evidence on from the usa? the guy he shot at?

>And the only good one.
Hardly

What did the kid mean when she said that the suspect looked "ordinary"?

Was it supposed to the add to the idea that the killer's still out there, existing as a normal person? Or is it supposed to be a thematic thing?

Korean Forrest Whitaker.

The movie is based on a real series of murders that were never solved. One theory is that he was looking out to the audience in case the killer himself watched the movie.

That's a very cool theory, actually.

This movie seems cool, what's it called?

Never seen your pic related and I hat when the 4th wall get's broken in general. The one in this film is incredible considering the the killer in real life probably watched the film. You can't get more kino than that.

That means that killers do not look like scary edgy monsters we imagine them to be, they look normal like everyone else

Memories of Murder, it's like an even better version of Zodiac

You

Literally. The ending when the girl described the guy, saying he was completely average/normal, he realized it's hopeless because it can literally be anyone, including the viewer.

It's they don't know what he looks like in real life, so he could just look like your average korean.

>You're probably wondering how I got into this situation, let me tell it from the start..
>*lullaby music starts playing*
>*record scratch*
>Woah not that far buddy!

This scene pissed me off so much I got up from my seat and left the theater

Negroid Beat Takeshi

I don't understand, I finished the movie completely sure that the killer was in fact the guy they tought it was. The results were negative simply cause of some mistake, not because he wasn't the killer. What are you guys talking about?

...and asians all look the same ya fuckin goof

That guy wasn't the killer. Then the actual killer (which we don't see) returns to the crime scene, that main cop guy comes to the place, sees that a girl is there, asks her how did the person (the killer) look. She says "normal".
Then the cop guy breaks the fourth wall and looks into the camera at you (normal person) looking for the actual killer, who was never caught in real life and probably looked just as normal as we all are.
Hope that clears it up for you.

people are looking for deeper meaning
The "good" cop eventually turned into the bad one who he was criticizing for skipping legal shit and falsifying evidence
he was about to kill the actual killer even though he had no actual concrete evidence

the final shot is too broad to have a clear answer to what it was meant to convey. It's all subjective so i don't get why people are acting like they have a real answer

It's not broad at all. He asks the girl a question and get's a simple answer. The guy looked normal. Then the character looks at the camera, breaks the fourth wall for the first time and looks at the normal guy watching him. And the film is about an actual case where they didn't catch the killer

they didn't capture the killer, but maybe they did find him. It makes much more sense that the final shot isn't trying to convey that we were the killer, but that we could've been, cause he's just a normal guy like us, not only cause he looks normal, but because people aren't good creatures, shown by the good cop shooting to kill him.

Love this movie

why is the filename the same
OP what are you doing

God

This is from a thread months ago, I think it's one of the images you get from google search.
I don't use VLC, and it's my post.