/DIS/ Star Trek Discovery

mall ninja edition
Previous:

It's a good trek show, but not a good star trek show

Why do you still watch the show if you hate it?

it's a mediocre show, and it's only gonna be getting worse

What's the difference

That's what people said about TNG

I won't. But since third episode was the real pilot and it was a step up I had some hope. But the last episode was horrible. They spent 8 millions per episode and couldn't find anyone who could write? Probably the worst writing in 20 years or so in a serie

I'm of the people and I never said that

will she develop into a full afro or something...

>Probably the worst writing in 20 years or so in a serie

Nah I've seen much worse

Stop rushing to make new threads before the old one has hit the bump or image limit, just so you can label it "DIS" instead of the "STD" everyone else is using.

Like what? Everything is wrong in STD. Sure other series might have single episodes that are worse, but this is the whole show that are shit.

Not OP, I call it DIS as well

>Like what?
Voyager.

Hey CBS, we still call it /STD/!

>STD
LMAO

>.5 ct has been deposited into your account

Orville

Did you actually like the ship separation gimmick in the first episode?

because the expanse and dark matter won't be back until next year

its STD you retard

Please. Voy wasn't perfect, but they didn't fail to give the audience someone to like. STD have only one character that we know, and she is unlikeable. They waste so much time and establish nothing. They could had cut out the two first episodes and made a short flashback scene, they could cut out the Klingons and have someone tell us about their hierachy in a couple of sentences. And they could skipped giving the security expert time if she was just going to die.

plus all the stupid things, but Star Trek always have stupid things so thats no biggie.

S T D
T
D

i didnt like the first season

it was great

>dark matter won't be back until next year
Dark Matter won't be back ever, it was cancelled.

>actually defending voyager
Look, I'll tolerate people pretending Orville is any good as a means to shit on Discovery, but you've gone too far.

>Star Trek Discovery
>DIS
>not STD

>they could skipped giving the security expert time if she was just going to die.
"Hey, and you got to do the thing. You know that thing in Game of Thrones, where they just kill people. That's real popular these days. People get a real kick out of it. Moron's'll watch anything!"
-- Alex "Transformers" Kurtzman

Game of Thrones, Dexter, Iron First, Waking Dead, Arrow,

THIS

Even ENT is closer to Genes vision than this heap of sh*t, why does it even get generals anyway? These threads always die after 100 same fag replies or so

Shhhh. It's tendie time. Posting will pickup in about an hour.

$ (cash money) > interest, there's a reason we always seem to have an "eternal got thread" active, which will obviously die out a week or so after the series ends.

Once the series runs its course and the money runs dry the threads always go the same way, see: /LOST/, /BrBa/, dexter general.. we won't be seeing these "DIS" threads for long user.

>ENT is closer to Genes vision
Fuck never thought I'd say this, but we really need Rick Berman to take over the show man... The movies not so much, but I'd fucking love a new Berman trek show over this shit any day

Yeah no

Just split the difference and watch The Orville, with Braga producing and Frakes directing it's pretty much a ST show anyway.

wtf?? why no user?? what did based berman-rick ever do wrong? (besides bring us some of the most enjoyable trek series ever made ofc)

I feel betrayed by how the supposedly science fiction show that we were told Lost was supposed to be ended like that.
Fuck Jay Jay.

Despite how awful VOY ended up being, it tried to bring the spirit of classic Star Trek. Discovery is just GoT in space with Star Trek's name slapped on it.

STD

keeps getting better with each episode. How do they do it?

>Frakes directing
Sorry but eating a lot of the same food doesn't make me an expert in cooking it.

>Sonic Sound
Every time.

STD

>/DIS/

i agree with OP. show is a /dis/ease.

>/DIS/appointing show

reminder

>DIS stands for "Discovery: A Star Trek story"

Frakes directed one episode, and honestly it wasn't a very good one.

>google "picard rick"
>literally no badly shopped pics of a pickle that's been modified with picards face at all
Jesus christ these people really are savages, R&M isn't even close to the realm of true Sci (and/or) Fi is it?
Now I can finally understand why Sup Forums constantly gets filled to the brim with these awful R&M bait threads, it's like I jacked onto the matrix and can finally understand all the different motives and faggotry behind it all. To be honest in my opinion: you guys should really try your best to evolve from these petty arguments into something with a bit more broad-stroke.
"R&M is reddit cancer and not even funny!!" will only get you so far, but if you dig deep into the R&M fans subconscious, deep enough to realize "wow, this R&M fanboy is a complete faggot! I bet he's actually a complete virgin faggot, who's never had a true gayboy show him the ropes...", that's how you gain power my friends.

well, it was still written by Seth

Why would I dislike it? You autistic?

>/dis/

True. I just wish Seth would drop the 'humor' bit, it's ruining the show. Out of the 5 episodes that have aired, I can count the number of jokes that made me laugh on one hand with fingers to spare.

some people don't like anime clichés

/DIS/ & /DSG/ OP's are paid shills, everyones known this since the series aired.

i prefer /DIS/ because it accurately describes the show. it is a /DIS/ASTER.

>Braga producing and Frakes directing it's pretty much a ST show anyway
The last time Braga and Frakes touched actual Trek, it was a fucking disaster.

>STD

sage

>Cuckville
>good

Orville is more Trek than your gay show will EVER be!!!!!

Phasers set to kill!

Will she have bigger scenes than just being shown for a maximum of 1-2 seconds?

>people are only pretending to like other things better than my "cinematic" grimdark pew-pew show in space out of spite

Christ, shills are pathetic.

>your gay show

Does STD have any waifus to rival The Orville's?

thats just like, your opinion, man

Based /DIS/ thread. Thank you OP

STD*

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. The bridge crew seems to consist of a lot more people than before.

see

STD is ruining all of its potentially interesting characters by focusing on its wooden main character all the time. There are characters who have been mentioned as fairly major who just don't fucking say anything. Lorca has been the closest to a secondary character by sheer virtue of having to give Mike her orders.

In short, you will never learn about her robotic turbopussy.

kek
they copy from galaxy quest and they're also copying scorpius of farscape.

>still trying to force /dis/
>making new generals when old generals are 50+ posts from the bumplimit just to force /dis/

all you're doing is outing yourself as marketers.

>I need a waifu to maintain my interest in this flat shit sci-fi, because I can't find any other redeeming qualities worthy of my attention

will smith's son is now a waifu?

but enough about Kira and Jadzia, this a /DIS/ thread

This comeback was so good, I'm not even mad.

it's what angsty soapie teengirls want

>it's what angsty soapie teengirls want
They aren't going to watch Star Trek.

>/DIS/

yes, i agree. show is definitely a /dis/grace.

Saying your casual shit is the better Star Trek is like saying Red Dwarf is the better Farscape, Power Rangers the better Avengers, season 10 of The Big Bang Theory the better Manhattan, or iZombie the better Walking Dead. They have absolutely nothing in common except the basic premise. The more detail you use to describe that premise the farther away they get.

>dindu nuffin the character
shes a mutineer and she should be doing time in a federation prison and you cannot convince me otherwise

Who wouldn't want to work next to this guy on the bridge.

you are correct. std is not star trek.

>dark matter won't be back until next year
Got some bad news for you m80, it got canned

I'd probably get a panic attack just being in the same auditorium as him(?) with my arachnophobia.

std faggots are not real trekkies. std faggots are soapie queens.
std faggots are not real sci-fi fans. std faggots are relationship drama queers.

So what do you guys like about Discovery?

They're not going to watch STD either.

Lorca personally requested her because, as you can see in his room, he collects the most dangerous weapons in the galaxy and she is one.

>Pass the remote bro

So you're basically saying that Ripper is occupying her room?

3rd episode was great and even though the Klingon bits in 4 sucked, I liked the parts about the tardigrade

If STD is not Star Trek, stop calling it STD, start calling it DIS, because the ST stands for Star Trek.

wow then Lorca is another degenerate human piece of garbage. great show. i hope the klingons win. at least they have a sense of justice

What are you talking about?

There are two kinds of people who have positive things to say about STD: people who like visual effects well enough to ignore any other problems, and people professionally involved in producing or promoting STD.