Just came back, it's hard to admit but Sup Forums was right on this one

Just came back, it's hard to admit but Sup Forums was right on this one.

Absolute masterpiece, don't miss the chance to see it in cinemas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YYV5Uyk7Qr8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only thing missing was an action sequence about the off world colonys and the wars that are constantly talked about.

it better win an oscar for sound

What are you talking about?

The contrarians here are already amassing a "it sucked" group think stance. Sup Forums got BTFO as usual.

That being said, Im gonna watch it again this weekend. Gotta support good films.

i've seen tons of people saying this was the best movie they watched on cinema since Inception

but Blade Runner 2049 is gazillions years better

There is some showing of the war on calantha in the anime short

Best film since Idiocracy and maybe even since Battleship Potemkin

best since TDKR but ok

it showed on Blackout 2022

It had great kinography but could have instilled more emotion to some parts.

I also just came back from watching it, and it meh. I would have been fine if they just showed close ups of Ana de Armas for the whole 3 hours though.

Yeah but it was a missed oppurtunity. It would of made an awesome opening sequence.

genuine 9/10

best mainstream movie in the last 10 years

I watched it in a theatre with dolby atmos and I thought it sounded compressed and washed out. I might see it again in another theatre with regular, but good surround sound system.

I was not impressed by the sound nor the score, nothing stood out, but it worked for the film, but it wasnt memorable.

The film itself is a solid 8/10.

The rebellion subplot was unnecessary and tacked on.
Jared Leto's scenes are overly long, pointless and horribly acted .They could have cut this character out and nothing would be lost, or at least shorten them.
The movie falls in the trope where the bad guy subdues the good guy but just fumbles around instead of finishing him off quickly and in the end pays with his life because of it.
The music is pure trash, Zimmer's electric farts are beyond embarrassing.

It's a terrible comparison. Inception was a well-made action schlock, while Blade Runner 2049 is arthouse cyberpunk noir.

Also wanted to state how much I love Blade Runner 2049, literally top 30 of all time in my book.

Plot itself has some holes and doesn't always make sense, but movie isin't really about that, I'm just too much of brainlet to put it right, but it was about meaning of humanity, memory and so on.

>Absolute masterpiece
This means it's shit then

>Plot itself has some holes and doesn't always make sense,
elaborate

it seemed pretty watertight to me.

Why the fuck do you need replicants to give birth when you can just nake them? Why do you need them at all? Might as well enhance humans. Also, I believe K should have been caught by LAPD, but really these things don't matter, since it was not real meassage of the film.

>What are you talking about?
They're a small minority

Wallace tells you. He can't make enough.

Went this afternoon. True 10/10.

This is what kino should be about.

Replicants cost expensive resources as the organs are grown individually in labs. Born replicants could be cheaper economically. And perhaps Wallace can make them grow up faster than humans too. He doesn't know yet what's possible with birthing replicants, but he'd like to know. Presumably he can have them self-replicate during space travel that may take decades.

>The rebellion subplot was unnecessary and tacked on.
it wasnt a subplot
bad post all around

I haven't seen it, but it's shit!

>Why the fuck do you need replicants to give birth when you can just nake them?
Wallace tells it directly - he can't make them fast enough.
>Why do you need them at all?
Jobs humans wouldn't do, like terraforming, wars in colonies and many, many, many more.
>I believe K should have been caught by LAPD
He would've been if not for Robin Wright's character who had some feelings for K and trusted him, giving him 48h to get his shit together.

>best mainstream movie in the last 10 years

mad max?

Can you explain in full detail? Try not to use memes like based, cheap tricks about Deakins or meme arrows

For a Hollywood movie this is beyond what anyone could have hoped for.

Maybe, but you would think that his boss might want proofs and some raport on how he did it.

It was a subplot. Main "plot" was K finding out who the child is.

The politics of what will happen to the child, and the significance of the knowledge of the childs existence, is rarely expanded on, and is given very little attention/screen time.

I just came back from watching it for the second time. I enjoyed it. But the reviews are blowing this film way out of proportion. It's very sloppily made. You can tell the director is French. I'll say that much.

HE LITERALLY SAYS "YOU ASKED ME TO DESTROY EVERYTHING, SO WHAT PROOF WOULD YOU LIKE?".

>Why the fuck do you need replicants to give birth when you can just nake them?
One can assume that it is a very expensive and complicated process to create them.
>Why do you need them at all?
Wallace wanted the replicants to become their own race, to be able to reproduce and colonise worlds the humans cant colonise due to the replicants superior physiology. In a sense, he wanted to be god and played god. In the scene with deckard, wallace have a aura of light around his head in one of the shots, just to drive the point home.

Humans dont want replicants to reproduce because then they cant control their numbers and fear the replicants will kill them all due to them being superior in almost every way.

> Might as well enhance humans.
We're never shown any, but again, I assume that it happened as well. Though you cant enhance humans to the same degree the way you can enchance a replicant when you create it from the bottom up.

> Also, I believe K should have been caught by LAPD
His boss says that she can keep the heat off his back for 24 (or 48 hours, cant remember)
If theres a plot hole, the plot hole here is why does K still have access to a police vehicle at the end of the film, which can most likely be remotley shut down or controlled.

She realized his baseline was fucked and may have attributed it to him killing the child. Whether she believed him because replicants are never supposed to lie or she let him walk because he was in danger due to his failed test, either reason works in the framework of their relationship.

it was really good

>Lieutenant Claire Underwood just got test results from K saying he is 'way off his baseline' but immediately believes him when he says he killed the replicant child
The test appears to exist to ensure the new replicant models are functioning correctly to avoid rebellion, so ignoring the results at a crucial time seems really dumb

>Deckards job was to disappear and not contact his child, but when he is captured the replicants want him dead to avoid their secret being discovered
Just kill him in the first place? And K letting Deckard go, and even visit his daughter, is retarded risky

I'm thinking about watching it for a third time at the end of the week, but in an IMAX cinema this time. Problem is I gotta drive 2h to the place.
What do I do, bros?

K doesn't give a fuck about the rebellion. They want to use him, just like the police has been using him so far.

It's basically a noir trope.

I'm not going to go sit in a didgusting seat at the theater user, i'll just rent and maybe buy it in a few months

But to be fair it always was a shortcoming of the blade runner movie how people got in and out of situations. They always just kinda appear and disappear anywhere.

Like in the opening of the original, i mean how the fuck did leo get out of the police station right after he shouts a blade runner through a wall?

Doesn't he give a fuck about Deckard and the girl though?

K took Deckard to his daughter because he chose to. He wasn't following anyone's orders. This was something K decided to do on his own and underlines just how far he's come as a character.

Also Replicants are mainly used off world. The shipping and replacing seems kinda expensive

That's why he brought them together.
Maybe he just thought they were wasting time?

get driving

>Sup Forums

How did I know where Deckard was being brought to? Why fly Deckard to a colony in the first place?

Because on Earth there is this pesky police, and in colonies Wallace is the law, duh.

>I
K is what I meant of course

Is it as /r9k/ as they say? I hope so. The goose is amazing at playing a low-key autist I can relate to.

>The politics of what will happen to the child, and the significance of the knowledge of the childs existence, is rarely expanded on, and is given very little attention/screen time.

What? What more do you want? The replicants want the child to free them from their creators by being able to reproduce. Also the resistance mentions that they want to build an army to free other replicants. What is there more to tell? It is just enough it shows that replicants, even the new ones, aren't obedient as Wallace tells everyone.

Wallace wants the child because he wants the secret how to breed replicants. And probably because he wants to be better than Tyrell

>have space travel
>Have off world colonies
>Have Replicants

and yet the earth is fucked, also why was there no flying cars but the few cop one's

Don't take your girl to see it.
My fiancée hated, HATED it. Then i had to listen to her pleb tier opinions in the car home. It was too long, it was boring, she didn't feel anything, there was no one for her to relate to, it was sexist. She even hated the visuals, said she hates 'when everything is one colour in a shot, its so over edited and there was so much CGI'

Then she cried and told me she was allowed an opinion when I told her it was getting rave reviews and was #1 at the box office.

If I was in his shoes I'd anticipate Deckard being taken to that pyramide building.
Then you just stake this shit.

Wallace can follow people around with a satellite cannon or whatever, plus most parts of the world seem to be abandoned. I doubt he gives a fuck about lapd

Joi made her insecure

Very

Mine loved it and we had a healthy discussion.
Drop her, you should've higher standards.

It's funny how anything that is better than capeshit is considered a masterpiece now.

It's an average film. Get over it.

replace her with an AI desu

>What? What more do you want?
A separate movie that goes into great depth about their struggle or have them not mentioned at all.

It feels very tacked on. I feel like the ending of K embracing his humanity through rescuing Deckard could've been executed just as well without the mention of le secret underground robot resistance.

K is literally /ourguy/
>works a dead end job he hates
>has no friends
>has a vanilla romance with his holograph waifu
>isn't interested in real women

Liberalism.

> also why was there no flying cars but the few cop one's
because everyone uses the subway

also george lucas already had that big city with flying cars everywhere and they didn't want to mess with the superior, influential visual story telling of the prequels.

>My fiancée
You know what to do
Do you want to spend the rest of your life with a pleb?

>go see bladekino today
>hear some dumb normie behind me heavily sighing throughout

>robot
>he thinks replicants are robots

>also george lucas already had that big city with flying cars everywhere and they didn't want to mess with the superior, influential visual story telling of the prequels.
KEK
Reminded me of the line from Plinkett reviews:
>Welcome to Coruscant, home of the mid-air collision.....and boring scenes.

I don't you retard. I was being hyperbolic

>Lieutenant Claire Underwood
Officer Underwood for you!

I fucking DESPISE viral marketing.
Just kill yourselvesyou fucking sad cunts.

You are like 60 year old fat fucks pretending to be young girls on the internet for nudes of boys.
Disgusting.

Women are plebs. I don't require her to have patrician taste to raise my child.

Still, i should have taken someone else to see the movie.

You can tell everyone involved really cared and respected the original content, from Villenueve Zimmerman, both of whom i'm not a fan but loved their work here. The BSO was very respectful with the original BR and the kinography was superb.
Green made a great job with the plot, subplots and world building, just seeing an expanded BR setting was worth my money.

>People talk about films they just saw

>full theatre (don't worry, it's Europe)
>a whale with nachos next to me
>apparently she has asthma
>drops bucket of nachos to the floor, twice
>falls asleep in the middle of the movie
>snores
>starts talking and checking phone in the last 1/4
>"That's it? What the fuck was that? Shitty movie, sad."

It is literally not tacked on. This is what is called worldbuilding. You give the audience the feel that you are thrown into a breathing, living world. This includes hints of backstories, fractions, societies etc. It captures your imagination. People start writing fanfics or whatever. You sit in bad and think about shit. This btw. where most movies and video games fail these days

It didn't give me feels like the first one but it looked great
10/10

If K were to help them the movie would turn into a Marvel in which there would be a massive, generic fight through Wallace Corp. and end with Wallace being executed or something. It leads you into thinking that ti's going to turn into generic schlock but unexpectedly turns into something beautiful. It also shows how K can make choices on his own and chooses to completely ignore them, emphasizing his humanity.

My only major complaint is why the hell they didn't have Ford in a coat? Why the fuck is he in a regular T-shirt? It's pretty jarring and out of place.

I’m going to see it again this weekend. Can’t wait.

>the speed of the reply, damage control
Explains the 30 fucking threads on it, on every board.
Stupid fucking cunts.
Hang yourselves.
I wonder if you'll come up with a completely out of place forced meme that only subhuman 9 year olds will repeat like fucking trained dogs.

Probably the same shithole squalid company of an old dried up dyke and some paki students in Leicester doing this one too, like Mad Tampax: Faggot Chode.

youtube.com/watch?v=YYV5Uyk7Qr8

;_;

My local kinoplex decided to relax the no-singles policy for this one so I'm seeing it tomorrow, pretty excited

>that bass
Such a great scene.

>fight scene with Luv and K, and the car being hit by waves and Deckard slowly being submerged

K I N O
I
N
O

Oh Em Gee!!! I'm going to watch it twenty times and buy it on laser disc!!!!!!!!!!
It is the best film I've ever seen but LOOOOOOLLLL my girlfriend didn't like it because it was sooooooooo deep and amazing and it was really deeep and even BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL!!!!

Han Solo 2: Rebels Rising™ is an unforgettable® experience that you won't be able to blink during because it is so good©!! I rate it 5/5!!!!!!!!

Like Truman asked his 'wife' - Who are you talking to.

>Mad Tampax: Faggot Chode
I laughed, but seriously, what the fuck is your problem man? You need to chill out or you'll have a heart attack before 30.

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who didn't like the score

God tier audio

Because it was so awesome in Indiana Jones IV and int the Force Awakens.
And why didn't he sit in front of his photo enhance machine and analyzed polaroids all the time? Why didn't ate sushi in the first scene he showed up. And why didn't he go
"Here we go again!" the moment the baddies showed up

its capeshit masquerading as art

So this...is the power of autism

>BWOOOOAAAAAAM
>BRAAAAUUUUMMMM

There, that's 99% of the soundtrack.

The whole rebellion plot is a moot point anyways if it turned out be true that she had the genetic disorder. And even if she didn't, living all those years in the sterile bubble probably shit her immune system so hard that she'd be fucked.

do you have brain damage?

>contrarians
Look I love this movie and it's probably my favorite but this contrarian argument is fucking shit. If you can't handle someone not liking what you like then go check out reddit if all you're looking for is a circlejerk.

Great isn't it

>a score has to be mild and in the background to be good
what an advanced opinion wow

The first thing I said while walking out of the theater was how amazing the soundtrack was. It really transports you into the world of BR and makes you feel as though you're actually there.