Shorten to block gay marriage vote

Seriously, what is Labor's fucking problem?

Are they worried Aussies are gonna vote against fag marriage if it goes to a plebiscite?

9news.com.au/amp/national/2016/09/14/10/43/alp-caucus-to-be-asked-to-veto-plebiscite

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yUwTF2HifRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's simple labour wants gay marriage legal but if there's a plebiscite

>they vote yes big victory for labour

>they vote no labour humiliated shorten slinks away

*yawn*

they want to make it a parliamentary vote because citizens aren't progressive enough

it's just another tale of the jew getting his way

They're just worried that too many people disagree with them, so they want to SHUT IT DOWN

>Are they worried Aussies are gonna vote against fag marriage if it goes to a plebiscite?
Yep. Plus the patricians that infest parliament aren't a huge fan of direct democracy. The thought of letting Austrans have a direct say in policy frightens them.

But the main issue is that the vote would probably be no so the Left wants to take the decision away from the publuc,

the statement he put out today pretty much confirms he's full of shit. He goes from flat out misleading people to scare mongering in just 6 lines.

I can't believe anyone thinks Shorten isn't afraid of putting it to the public.

Basically Abbott called the gay lobby groups on their bluff that "it's 2016 and everyone supports same-sex marriage"

>"okay then let's ask every registered voter what they think"

>their face when

When the Christian lobby is pushing for the vote, you know it will fail.

Reminder that there is no such thing as gay or same-sex marriage. It doesn't exist and cannot exist. It's a fiction. It could be some kind of legally acknowledged union, but it's not a marriage.

because if its legalized these cunts wont be able to use gay marriage as a reason to vote for them

This. Same as regular marriage.

This.
I'm all for civil unions if some fag wants to get on his boyfriend's insurance so he doesn't go broke fixing his rectal prolapse, but gay marriage is a fraud.

Maybe because it's a gucking waste of millions of dollars. If you think you're pro freedom and are anti gay marraige, you're a fuckin fuckhead

hah, cock suckers BTFO

The government (both sides) are trying to move away from the gay vote to the vote for the gay vote.
Soon it will be a vote for the gay vote's vote.

Labor had 6 years to legalize it but now it's popular to support gay marriage all they want is to be the party that legalized it I fucking hate these corrupt communist faggots what has become of my labor party.

Labor Supports it, The libs want the Plebiscite. The Plebiscite isn't binding and would still have to be passed through both houses of Parliament before it can become legislation. labor have asked to skip the Plebiscite and move straight to passing the bill through both houses. Makes sense really.

the plebiscite will be majority "no" though, so it doesn't make sense to skip the plebiscite

It doesn't. As retarded as our parliament is the result of the plebiscite would never is a bazillion years be ignored, the entire public who'd been forced to vote for nothing would lose their shit and they'd swing hard to labour.
They want it to slip through parliament purely because a plebiscite would reveal just how divided voters are, and their narrative of 'the vast majority' of aussies wanting it (including Asians and Muslims) is total bullshit.

bumpity bump

>Soon it will be a vote for the gay vote's vote.
That's good though, the mentally ill shouldn't be able to vote.

>listening to radio
>host is shilling for the homos
>old irish lady calls up
>says brainwashed youth and immigrants were the ones who voted for it in ireland
>basically names the jew and calls out the host for pushing their propaganda
lmao

You're forgetting that if the plebiscite is yes Labour loses an election promise and weakens their own campaign

They are too closely aligned with the totalitarian left (i.e., The Greens).

They loathe democracy and want rule by iron (curtain) fist.

It shouldn't be a surprise. It's hard to force your will on a populace who will suffer as a result, so you really need to do something to make it easier for you to rule them.

>But they aren't hurting anyone
What do you say to counter this?

incest, polygamy

>Was planning to vote YES on pleb
>Shorten being a shitcunt
>Will vote NO to cuck Labor

They don't want the LNP to take credit for it, so will kick the can 4 years down the track out of spite.

Ok then. Heres the plan

Get on the phone to your local MP.Voice your concerns about having the vote taken away. Make your point about it being a thing the people should decide. Then vote NO to fuck with them

>Are they worried Aussies are gonna vote against fag marriage if it goes to a plebiscite?

Exactly that. Not even necessarily because so many people are against it, but because this topic has been shoved down everyone's throat 24/7 for years now and people are sick and tired of it.

pretty much, it's monopolised so much time people are getting a bit pissed off at gay marriage. dickheads realised this so now we can't be trusted

The parliament needs a thorough cleansing, Third Reich style.

Except Pauline of course, she can stay.

nah, it's just the typical
>H-haha, everyone agrees with us anyway, n-no reason to ask them

As long as there isn't definite proof that the majority disagrees, they can pretend it ain't true and they are acting in the public interest.
Once they have it black on white that doesn't work anymore, at that point they have to openly admit that they do not give a shit about the public opinion.

Well polling constantly suggests ~60-70% support so I don't see why the hesitation. 70 would be considered a landslide in an election.

Lol holy fuck Labor are literally the just party

>Yes LNP overlords we shall do as you ask
>"So we gonna pass this facken bumpusher plebbocite or what cunts?"
>YEAH NAH GET FARKT LAWL REKT

Holy fuck this country is pathetic both parties flipflop about everything and dont hold themselves to their word.

The latest case of this being the greens walking out of parliment and being intolerant biggots because Some bogan said something they didnt like

Fuck this gay earth im donkey voting next time cya in 2020 cunts

notbad/10

Still can see manly jaw, knees and obvious lack of feminine features.

Maybe in another 10 years they will be passable with augmentations

Pauline is the cleaner. Her speeches can empty a room. Literally

she should start every day with a speech in the senate
soon the greens won't even bother to show up, and australia will be all the better for it

God the greens are a bunch of cunts.

How much of a taboo is it to be against gay marriage? Because these polls (at least over here) tend to be rather far from the truth because most people don't feel like committing social suicide.

But maybe that's different in Straya and I am wrong.

>mfw greens leave
youtube.com/watch?v=yUwTF2HifRs

Holy fuck cringe

>greens refusing to listen to dissenting opinions

They'll listen to their Muslims though. "Shariah is really quite modest and peaceful when you understand it."

Honestly it's not really taboo to be against it, most people don't discuss it though (old English subtlety still exists). I honestly don't know anyone vocally against it (maybe they'll still vote no, I dunno) and I work in the mining industry. Most people just don't care and would say "yeah sure whatever" if asked.

being asked by another person "do you [virtue signal]?" is very different from when you get into a private voting booth with a pencil and nobody to whom you can virtue signal

get in here boys
let's see your best arguments

Oh of course. But surely that margin of error isn't >10-20% though? Who knows.

Still, I am fairly sure those polls do not represent the truth. You also have to take into account that there will be a good chunk of people who feel indifferent about it and only say "Yes" because that's the 'right' thing to do - but will never give enough of a shit to show up to vote.

If they could get a landslide victory in a plebiscite I highly doubt they would throw that chance away just to save a few million bucks. It would be the ultimate vindication, after that no one could try to argue against their decision anymore.

That's how Obamacare passed on the states. Hell, even Massachusetts elected a Republican senator for the sole purpose of blocking Obamacare.

They're also going on and on about gay kids killing themselves because it's so hard to survive six weeks of TV commercials saying you shouldn't be allowed to get married.
If that's all it takes to set them off then I say have fifty plebiscites a year until they're all dead and the problem will solve itself.

>no survivors

>gay kids
No such thing. Kids are just like sponges and soak up the culture around them. LGBTQBBQ+ shit is being pushed so hard that being gay is cool and unique