Who is ready for tomorrow here?

Who is ready for tomorrow here?
>tfw so many questions about season 2

I was curious about this show until I found out it's basically a rewrite of Fight Club

is he going to expose the truth behind the jews? I dont see how he could or that hollywood would allow that since there is not one studio not run by Jews who would let this anti semite spew his hatred against the jewish people by telling the truth.

I'm curious as to where they're going to go with Season 3, I haven't watched any trailers or read any articles about it since season 2 ended

so? It took an interesting concept and expanded upon it.

i'm just hoping it improves. the show has so much potential but it's just so goofy over the top sometimes, it's frustrating.

i know it's targeted towards teenagers but that doesn't give it free reign over how gullible it expects the audience to be.

I'm very excited
>Angela/Tyrell partnership (???)
I don't know if I want to participate in threads, because reddit spoiled the prison twist for me

prob shouldn't if youre worried about spoilers.

>angela and tyrell both involved in phase 2
are they gonna fight over elliot?

Yea same happened to me but I mean come on it was kind of obvious, like Elliot going to a basketball game lmaoooo.

What do you mean by goofy? If you mean the hacking parts I think they are pretty cool, Elliot is so awkward in any situation but he seems like a super hero in front of a computer.

yeah that was the biggest give away, why the fuck does he have this talkative gangster looking friend and go to basketball games, Elliot would never do that

The big twists of season one are that darlene is elliot's sister and mr. robot is elliot's dad. mr. robot being a split personality of elliot really isn't as big a deal as those.

sure the hacking parts. ie: teaching angela to run a script. a group of super hackers could just automate the script... it was silly.

the whole evil corporation running the world. it's teenager fantasy stuff, obviously.

it's basically a better shot "Hackers" from the 90s.

it's shot wonderfully, but the script makes it hard to take serious in any capacity.

I see what you mean, it does get kind of edgy sometimes but what other tech show out right now comes close to this. Have to get normie attention somehow.

The technical detail is still better than anything else out there, so if you're going to get triggered by that surely you can appreciate all the countless other details they explore and get right.
>Corporations don't run the world
C'mon now who are you kidding here.I think they do a great job of balancing real world problems and elliots inner angst personal problems myself. The alf episode is just about the most unique idea possible, so I don't really see how you can dismiss it as the movie hackers and being generic.

Am i the only person who liked season 2 better than season 1?

>s03 of Mr Robot tomorrow
>s02 of Riverdale
>new episode of Survivor

LET'S GO

or maybe not do one at all as it doesn't translate well to the given media?

watching a show based on a league of legends team while "great" for them would be an awful premise for a show.

there's too much chaos and too many variables in society for a corporation or govt to truly have control, yet.

i stand by my point, the people that look at mr. robot as a realistic portrayal of the world or some type of fantasy situation where they want to give it to the man are equivalent to rick and morty fans who see a comedy show as some deeper insight into the world and philosophy in general.

>there's too much chaos and too many variables in society for a corporation or govt to truly have control, yet.
What the fuck does this mean? Are you slow?

it means you can't accurately predict the behavior of people on a grand scale despite the fact we're getting closer to it inch by inch thanks to machine learning.

> people that look at mr. robot as a realistic portrayal of the world or some type of fantasy situation where they want to give it to the man are equivalent to rick and morty fans who see a comedy show as some deeper insight into the world and philosophy in genera
You're just the gift that keeps giving. I hope you really can see the irony in whatever the fuck you're trying to say. It has 0 bearing on the show.

You're pretty fucking stupid huh

there's literally a ted talk on the subject and even elon musk mentioned it's one of the threats AI poses. as processing power increases we increasingly get closer to it being used to subjugate us. point being, we aren't there yet despite there being megacorps.

Yeah, you're pretty fucking stupid.

>lol DRMPUF amirite?

YASSS!

FUCK GOVERNMENT FUCK THE POLICE

Honestly it never dawned on me that was prison. It doesn't explain why he's setting up bitcoin shit for the Warden. Or will that be explained in S3?

I always just thought that after the reveal it was just implied that was another delusion as that is what elliot does. Bit of a cop out though.

Being at the top of the heap =/= running or "ruling" the world.

to accept payments for the illegal site.

Then the entire thing is a red herring to throw off the people who realized the Elliot at a basketball game = prison?

WHAT illegal site?

The Warden knows Elliot is in prison for computer crime, so he enlists him to migrate his darknet business over to a new server. Elliot finds out he's selling child sex slaves so he refuses and gets the shit beat out of him and forces him to do it

wtf I hate capitalism now
I am now an #Antifamissile

>It doesn't explain why he's setting up bitcoin shit for the Warden
what? he was maintaining a Silk Road darkweb site for the warden.

Dark Army an E Corp are doing bitcoin

Angela and the tranny really got my neurons going in the latter part of season 2. Seriously what the fuck is going on there.
He made that speech about anything or your dreams being possible. Now it seems she's gone full reptilian and has control over electricity and the lights. Got me really interested, but I doubt that had any idea where they wanted to go with that so could be really bad.

Get off your phone when you're watching shows faggot.

I don't know, I never caught onto it either

>implying it's portrayed that simple and basic as 'ruling the world' in the show either

>Mr. Reddit

they literally did exposition with the warden explaining the site as an experiment of his and his wifes before she died, that he keeps it running as his final connection to her. it needs bitcoin in order to keep up with the time. also he hasn't looked it in a long time so didn't quite realized just how evil it had gotten with the child sex slaves.

you can't miss that unless you skipped an episode. also people thinking corporations can rule the world, fuck... i like this show but people missing the obvious and thinking certain giant corporation conspiracies are possible make me dislike the show because i don't want to be associated with you people.

it's literally portrayed as a singular all-ruling conglomerate that tells governments how to respond and react. it's over the top and that's ok because it makes for good tv, but it's not realistic either.

My black hoodie is washed and dried.
My buttplug is squeaky clean.

ok but S1 literally ends with a new world order gathering.

because it's a tv show, not a documentary. the "Illuminati" shit has been around for ages. so has christianity, doesn't make either true.

Single bullet theory, right on brah

I'd describe it as a simplified representation that still parodies our world in cause and effect somewhat realistically. Just cuts out a lot of the fat. That tells the government how to act is a huge over simplification, the scenes throughout the season are a slow build up of strategy moves manipulating people. It's far from some all being authority force. Now it's a good thing for tv though?
You're still a fuckin spud though by the way mate.

*tips*

it's just sort of ridiculous the warden of a prison has the time, the inclination the the knowledge to set up a fucking Silk Road-type site. He's OLD, that's why he's a fucking warden. He should struggle with word processing; his knowledge of the darknet should stop at what he reads in the papers.

Just seems a bit comical, but I love the show and I am sure S3 will illuminate more.

You're still a literal fucking soud though by the way mate*

Craig Robinson is 45. That's not old.

and he makes it clear that he had a webmaster before who did everything: the guy he beat up. he didn't make it himself obviously, otherwise he would be able to fix it himself.

his wife set it up. he isn't good with tech stuff, there was a LOT of exposition. that's why he needed help,also why he wants to keep ti running - for her.

Did you even watch the show? Is this fucking bait?

I wonder how the running threads on Sup Forums will go. Season 1 was pretty fun making guesses.

I marathoned the whole season, I probably missed some details. It was a LONG fucking movie.

Still doesn't explain how a guy who's "not good at tech" could even remotely webmaster a dark web site selling child sex and not get caught.

It's the same illiterate brainlet making these posts, so it's understandable.

>illiterate on a forum filled with written discussion

I think he might be done with le meme twists. not cliffhangers, just the twists that are built in from the start.

and he actually answered some guy's question about parallel universes at the recent Q&A so it may very well be going down that route.

>Misunderstanding said discussion again
I think you may actually be a real life sperg.

Interesting, so they are going to be following up the angela stuff I mentioned here strongly I imagine then

You bet I am.

I just finished the first series today while getting over the flu. Should I watched series 2?

I expected him to brush the question off because it's a bit too sci-fi for what the show is, but he actually contextualised what parallel universes could mean for the show going forward.

there are so many directions he could take the show in. it's great to have that freedom

no one will believe me but they're introducing either time travel or parallel dimensions this season. it was hard to understand the script for the day but it's clear they use a machine that uses a LOT of power. something about using the power "required to mine ecoin" to rip a tear in space and time.

have fun. archive this for when it happens.

because it'll be all over the internet i just want to say this, for one: fuck dan harmon.

s2 is a step down from s1 tbqh

yeah but it's noticeably slower and less satisfying.

Make your own decisions you worthless faggot?

watch the start until the big twist, thats cool, otherwise no

I'd say it tried to be a grander show with actual characters having individual story lines, it wasn't the better season but I didn't think it was that much of a drop either.

It was way better than season 1

the story was really shitty and the whole prison thing was stupid as fuck

There was zero creative or story reason to have a third season

The final shot of S3 will be Elliot opening his eyes in bed.

>it was all a dream..

screencap this

>yfw this episode

it was honestly pretty funny for like 5 minutes but they dragged it out way too long

>It was stupid and shit

I think the reason is simpler: Esmail took it upon himself to direct the entire season as well as write it, and inevitably spread himself too thin.

He should just hire directors. Part of being a showrunner is delegating responsibility.

There was also a rumor that he's pitching a script for an upcoming Obi-Wan standalone film which might affect things.

But it still touched on a lot of elliots thoughts and feelings, playing as a ticking clock device and character exposition. It would have only been a silly meme if played for 5 minutes.

Yeah spread too thin sounds like a very good description.

>it's literally portrayed as a singular all-ruling conglomerate that tells governments how to respond and react. it's over the top and that's ok because it makes for good tv, but it's not realistic either.

No it doesn't 'control the government'. They merely have tremendous influence which greatly wanes when they are in a position of weakness; remember when the head of 'Evil-Corp' had to nearly beg for his referendum to be passed?

If you can't see elements 'Evil-Corp' in our society, I'm sorry but you are not looking hard enough.

Just fucking yesterday, Mark Zuckerburg hosted a live stream of his VR avatar dancing over the decimated streets of Puerto Rico. You can go back further, the US government gave billions of near interest free dollars to every large corporation that would hold their goddamned hands out for five minutes in the recession. You honestly think any corporation would do the same for the government? Even though America is producing more than ever, income disparity is catapulting itself into new found levels. We inch further to corporate feudal overlords every single day.

Sure, not a single corpation controlls the government yet. However, you can not deny the fact that corporations have a deffting voice in legislation due to their economic power. And this is only going to get worse. Income is a zero sum game and the more money you have the easier it is to acquire more, it is the way the system fundamentally works. As time progresses, an increasingly small of amount of people (or corporations) control the majority of wealth and most people end up with very little. This is a problem that needs to be addressed before it is too late.

>Income is a zero sum game
Can't believe I got THIS far in the post before I had to give up.

You are flatly wrong.

Tell us more about the machines and ai user, this explained so much how companies have little effect on our lives.

This is a fantastic show... when it focuses on Elliot and his struggles. He is a deeply relatable character while still being thrilling to watch.

The show falls flat when it focuses on the women characters and looks at their '''struggles'''''.

Elliot's sister for the entirety of season 2
>Wahhh I'm not really special like Elliot :*(, I wish I could be cool hacker lik him!!

Elliot's Girlfriend
>Yikes, these writers are trying really hard to make me relevant to the plot when I don't fit into the story at all.....

Dom
>Literally a Mary Sue. Solves impossibly complex crimes in about 2 minutes and can not fail, it's just all the dumbo men holding her back. Don't forget the plot armor. But wait! She's not a Mary Sue, she cried to her Amazon(tm) Alexa(tm) for five minutes about how she is really a nerd :*( and how her Chad BF left her :*((((((. Ugh, we have it so much harder than men!!!

I think that was sort of the problem. They wanted a more actualized standard modern drama with multiple characters having their own stories, they didn't actually go deep with them. Typing this however i'm not remembering bizarre scenes like dom masturbating. Was her name really dom? Absolutely forgettable.

STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY WAIFU YOU FUCKING CUNT

yes you should, it's not like you're doing anything else anyway
before i started season 2, i thought to myself that there was no way s2 would be able to top the best moments of s1, like the ending of episode 9 or 10.
i was wrong

i think the worst offenders of this are darlene and dom. i didn't mind shayla that much, or angela. but darlene is insufferable, and dom is the worst character on the show by a mile.

See you on the streets in 50 years. The real wages for workers ARE falling. The rich WILL get richer, and relative wealth WILL shift away from the average Joe with rapid inflation being the final stab to the gut. Just wait, our current system of capitalism is doomed to fail everybody but the 1% of the 1%.

The rich keep getting richer... and so do the poor, who have all the benefits of a capitalist society.

Go be a Bernout somewhere else.

Yeah her name was Dominique, but everybody called her Dom. I think it was supposed to be ironic or something. Pic related is the scene where all hope faded for this character.

I loved that episode

He made a very worthwhile post though and still no one has been able to refute his point in contrast of corporations relating to the real world and the show.

His point was bullshit, that's why I won't refute it. BOOHOO THE RICH ARE REALLY REALLY RICH, WON'T SOMEONE DO SOMETHING??

If he cared about the poor he would examine government policy, but he's just mad at the incredibly successful because he's a fucking cuck.

Do you honestly think the government can change anything for the average citizen? I mean, since this is Sup Forums, you should probably watch The Wire to get an idea of how useless politicians are when it comes to making a difference for regular people.

>Watch The Wire for a reality dose
kek!

Can you explain to me how companies don't influence us greatly or are you just shitposting?

I don't expect the majority of Sup Forums users to know a lot about fiscal policy, so yeah, The Wire will have to do.

show jumping to paranormal stuff would seriously hurt the show. i can see a lot of people on Sup Forums saying "fuck this im out"

they can toy with the idea and spend one or two episodes, but if that becomes a main thing it'll be a mistake.

sounds absolutely fucking retarded, so probably legit

agree. the women are poorly written, just like most television/movie women are.

>show jumping to paranormal stuff would seriously hurt the show. i can see a lot of people on Sup Forums saying "fuck this im out"

Anyone who still watches this shit after the retarded plot turns s1 and 2 took will eat that shit up

No one cares what you think reddit.

Are you trying to change the subject? "influence us"

Bitch please.

Washington is a leviathan with it's tentacles buried sucker-deep in every orifice of private life. They constantly "change" things for you by requiring you to apply for the special privlege to do fucking anything, from drive a car to smoking some reefer to opening a business.

Meanwhile they sap money from your paycheck and most people are too retarded to realize what tax withholding is.