Just how powerful is Rey Sup Forums?

Just how powerful is Rey Sup Forums?

Look at how amazed Luke is by her power. Was he ever this impressed by Yoda?

Rey breaks an island in half with her mind. How powerful is she and why is she so powerful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0
youtu.be/rpUkokRx3-k
youtube.com/watch?v=RIftKRavXCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

She's a Mary Sue.

Poor Mark.

>if we make this female character super powerful, we can smash the patriarchy and fix the wage gap!

This is the closest Luke has been to non-family white pucchi. It's alright for him to be a little afraid.

This is the only reason.

I hate it.

>inb4 virgin Sup Forumsack, i love ripley

>mfw (((raw strength)))
its all so hopeless

The sad thing is that they can't write away how everyone likes her in TFA by making her super powerful.

I'm guessing Rian will fix that for TLJ, and that Luke won't accept her like everyone else has.

is this why he shit all over the new movies in that star wars comic con thing and kathleen kennedy had to do some damage control and they took down all the videos

if Rey was a guy, NO ONE would be bitching. The irony is that you Sup Forums bigots don't pick up on this and just reveal your sexism

youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0

he mainly just disagrees with what they are doing to his character, he feels Luke isn't written true to the character of the originals.

>Just how powerful is Rey Sup Forums?
Women are smart and funny. They're excellent lightsaber combatants, mechanics, pilots, and can learn to control the force in mere moments while cis white men take years. Get over it.

Nigger, if some random came out of nowhere, knew how to fix the millenium falcon when Han couldn't, piloted a ship for the first time and shit on first order troopers with it, beat a trained Skywalker descendent the first time he picked up a lightsaber, make Luke fucking Skywalker shit his fucking pants, was able to use the Jedi Mind Trick with no training, and got a hug from Leia over Han's death before Chewie did, you can be damn right we'd still be pissed.

you fucking faggot

The trailer shows he seems to be a pussy bitch, which yes, isn't in line with the OT.

so glad the NFL crowd booed this shit

Yup, because now Daisy Ridley is Luke Skywalker.

Really?

This. TFA was fanfic-tier. Everything about it was quite bad, in fact.

>I'm just gonna break in here and make sure everybody out there realizes, he is so significantly important to this next film
>Applause
>Well that's good to hear
Holy shit, somebody stop this madman.

I had the same reaction to Kyp Durron 20 years ago youngfag.

People bitched nonstop about Anakin when TPM. You're either too new to know that or you're just baiting.

That's just her power.

Notice how every fucking character LOVES her. At the end, Leia fucking hugs her when Chewie is right next to her, even though she's a literal fucking who and just met Han.

Luke was an annoying brat that people rightfully disliked.

M

A

R

Y

S

U

E

No no no. Why do we love Ripley? Why do we love Luke?

Your "counter" is the only "counter" you have, it's nothing.

Could've been a fucking Rodian transgender.

Rey's progression is completely bullshit,

Luke really never was all that powerful

Luke had to do some growth as character to become the one that brings balance to the force. Shit, even Anakin had bit character growth in his story, even if it was poorly executed.

If we compare it to another scifi franchise. Trekkies had no problem with Sisko and Janeway as both of them were bit flawed characters and had reasonable backstories. Modern day interpretation of the first female lead and the first non-white lead is bit different mess.

Not powerful enough.

Just how powerful are Porgs?

>obiwans beard
>anakins hair
he has balanced the forces

Midichlorian count somewhere around the $500 million -$1 billion range

>in the EU, Luke has an entire full life of teaching, marriage, further conflicts, etc.

>in Diz Wars, Luke failed at a Jedi school once, then became some bum hermit

Waaaaaaaaaooooooooooowwwww.

I'm just spitballing and don't know shit about shit, but could part of his attitude be due to her defaulting to dark-side'ish use of the force?

>that dude's leg

how doe a guy with such grannylegs have such facial definition?

Good god, how roasted are you? LOL.

Do you have to tuck your flapping lips into your socks when you leave the house?

Huh? There's at least 20 years of time before Luke failed at the Jedi school, that's 20 years of backstory to get filled in.

>remember, it doesn't have to be good
>if it makes money, that's what matters

The madman.

She pulled off a damn Jedi mind trick with zero training in the last movie. The girl is the ultimate Mary Sue. My guess is she's the most powerful force user ever.

Fuck off ignorant faggot.

he's just upset that he's been on that very island for 15 years trying to crack that very same rock and Mary Sue Forcewalker does it without even being cognizant of doing so

The problem with this is everything had to be bigger, stronger, and in greater quantities than the old movies. If Rey wasn't strong, or if they didn't have fifty AT-ATs, then it would look like less of a threat than the old trilogy

luke guided balls of energy down a 3 meter wide path after 5 minutes of swinging a lightsaber around with a blast helmet on

fuck off with your mary sue nonsense

20 years where he only managed to half train one student, thanks disney

What noteworthy did he ever do? Duel some grandpa who was holding back?

What's her midichlorian level?

luke was partially able to do that because he sniped alien rodents from his t16 or whatever. it was also supposed to be a one off film. the lame moisture farmer boy saves the galaxy. rey is able to do 10x what luke can and we don't even know her fucking backstory. continue to prep the mouse, shill.

If Rey goes to the dark side and becomes a villain, it will completely redeem the films.

The question is, does disney have the balls to do that?

>a complete mary sue is a good character as long as she turns evil
no

I always thought he used the force to help his aim and partly to bring his anxious mind to peace so that he could be confident in his aim.

Makes more sense seeing as he never moved anything with his mind in the first movie. Furthermore, Obi-Wan (a supposed master) really did nothing more than subtle manipulations (levers), mind tricks (which he specifically mentioned work only on the weak minded), and sensory powers. He always talked about "Feelings" rather than some conjuring sorcery.

Take careful note of how in the prequels the force itself changes from the subtle interactivity between the mind and universe (as per the original series) to a full blown dungeons and dragons magic array.

9000 easy

lol best plot twist of the century, your sjw hero turns to the dark side lmao t. mickey mouse

LIES!
youtu.be/rpUkokRx3-k

It's the fact that Jar Jar Abrams has no idea what he was doing outside of plagiarizing a new hope where Luke is a Mary Sue Rey, Han got spliced with Jar Jar Binks making Fynn. So all the original characters are just afterthoughts. It's the opposite extreme of what the Ghostbusters reboot did where instead of passing the torch, they just shit on all the old characters.

They shat on Anakin because it was a kid and he sounded annoying. And most of his actions had him getting through situations through luck. The only way Anakin could remotely become Rey tier was if he did something like jump in to take Qui Gon's light saber after he was killed, and save Obi Wan by being the one to kill Darth Maul.

High end b8.
Many replies.

There's really nothing wrong with having a female lead and trying to portray positive female role models, but i have to agree this comes off as trying too hard, i dont believe the actors believe in the script or that this is the way people would naturally behave or react to the events depicted in the trailer (from what i saw in the trailer) w/e we'll see...

I bet it's worse, I bet they'll make it so that she was the one that the prophecy talked about of the user who would bring balance to the force. And it being Anikan was a sham.

tbf Obi-Wan did exactly the same thing

Obi-wan trained the greatest force user of the galaxy in less than 10 years you cuckmaster. Luke had twice that time and achieved nothing.

>isn't in line with the OT.

what fucking movies were you watching?

>4:45
>when Mark got cucked by Daisy and JJ

Pretty much this, Jedis went form ascetic monk/sages to full blow video game superheros.

I'm not surprised though, all anyone ever talks about is POWAR LEVELS and LIGHTSABER TECHNIQUES.

What level is your Jedi? Mines a Level 10 Jedi with 6 levels of Bounty Hunter and a level of Hutt Gangster so I can be immune to powerful mind tricks.

>piloted a ship for the first time and shit on first order troopers with it
This is the one criticism I don't really think makes sense. In Episode IV, Luke flies an X-Wing in combat with literally 0 training or experience flying spaceships.

but after everything went to shit he just hid on Tatooine, same as Luke did. ALso he taught Ani jack shit, that was all Sheev

Its not about massive demonstrations of power you mong. Obviously luke is discovering his strength throughout the ot. The emperor himself said luke had the powe4 to destoy both him and vader. Thats why they were both desperate to turn him before he tapped in to his true potential. Now we have rey who is stronger than rotj luke after learning the force was real a week earlier. It's retarded shit.

Fan fiction tier

>but after everything went to shit he just hid on Tatooine
Because otherwise he would get killed by his pupil.
>same as Luke did
Which isn't something Luke would have done, which is why the actor hates Disney.
> ALso he taught Ani jack shit, that was all Sheev
Sheev didn't know shit, he was a loser.

Other than he was a pretty good pilot, and that was mentioned earlier and already had friends who were also pilots join the Rebellion.

We need the Virgin Luke vs Chad Rey info-graphic already...

>if Rey was a guy, NO ONE would be bitching.
>if Palpatine, Yoda, Vader and Luke got retconned into bitches weaker than OC Mary Sue no one would be bitching
lmao, go fuck yourself faggot

The Emperor said that because both him and Vader were old gooses

Yep.

Pussy kid stuff interrupted my game.

gosh are you stupid and easily confused. he doesn't have "granny legs", he has perfectly normal legs. they appear to be fatter than they are because the jeans are tight and because of the position he's in

Stop it user! That doesn't mesh with my carefully crafted narrative.

They were the two most powerful being in the universe at the time.

>Look at how amazed Luke is by her power.

she farted and he's shocked by the festering smell
movie magic

>Which isn't something Luke would have done

I give you that

That was Luke though, the emperor said so himself. Luke was number 1

Kill yourself you fucking queer.

That's what sad because when they actually care to make a good product follow the lore, and listened to fan feedback to fix the really bad shit 'I rebel', they can make something decent.

The Battle of Scarif is a lot smaller than anything in TFA, but because it was done extremely well, it feels so much better, and you could even argue it holds up against the Battle of Yavin IV or the Battle of Endor on its own merits as opposed to just copying stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=RIftKRavXCg

Luke had the most potential. He had not reached it yet.

She's powerful because disney knows no one's interested jedi monk shit. They just want to see her make explosions happen.
The third movie is just gonna be DBZ style fights with everyone flying around and shooting laser out of their hands.

R1 was fucking terrible. You're fucking idiot.

what is T 16 Skyhopper which Luke had extensive experience with and whose controls were very similar to a T 65 X wing.

That movie was fucking trash you retarded mouse cocksucker

Luke reminds me a lot of the Dude

She's powerful because of bad writing and power creep. They don't want to make new movies about weaker characters because they are afraid it will belittle them. So Rey > Luke now. Starkiller is 20 Death Stars. Bigger AT's AT's and a fucking ship 50 kilometers wider.

It's bad writing 101. Everything needs to be bigger and more powerful in each sequel in order maintain the high stakes from the past.

And if that's your opinion, it's still light years ahead of TFA.
Plus they had the decency to kill all the characters at the end and give a scene where Vader was stomping rebels.

>tfw you used kyp durron nick in jedi outcast
>tfw you kick everyone asses and became literally a god in duel servers

good times

Oh fuck off. In the second movie yoda lifts a spaceship out of a bog. In the third movie the emperor conjures lightning(literal DnD sorcery). In Phantom Menace the most ridiculous firce powers we see are speed and jumping, one of which was used in RotJ. The force gradually changed in powerlevels, it wasnt MUH PREQUELS RUINED IT WAHHHH

This is pretty much true.

If you accept the fact that Star Wars clearly deals in arbitrary power levels, then you must accept a new character who innately has the highest power level out of everyone.

>but she's like really good at a lot of things at the same time

>TFA was fanfic-tier
It was always going to be fanfic-tier. There's literally no one that could have written a script for Episode VII that wasn't going to be their own personal fanfic for how the story would proceed from VI. There was an entire expanded universe which was literally just a vast tapestry of fanfic.

The only thing that distinguishes fanfic is canonicity.

>tfw when the raw strength he saw before is the Emperor
>and he's talking about Snoke now

How to we feel about ice wolves?

He did this. All of the pilots flying could have blown up the death star if they shot their missiles at the right time or there would be no point in launching the attack unless you had a squadron full of jedi. The filming of the scene makes it seem like he guided them in there when all the force did was tell him when to pull the trigger.

They are cool

When Luke went to train with Yoda, he failed

Now that Rey is training with Luke, her ability far surpasses his at the start of his training

this guy is based just because the stuff he said in this vid and disney is going to kill him/write him off in ep8 because of all this.

they seem pretty chill

and then everyone will hate Luke because he's such a patriarchial problematic misogynist

>a scene where Vader was stomping rebels.
Everything with vader was an embarrassment, much like the rest of the movie.

probably the only thing i liked. better than fucking adventures of porg solo and CGIbacca