>A simple comic made for children

What don't atheists get? Why can't they solve the mind body problem? How do they expect a society to function without a metaphysical basis for an objective morality? Are we all supposed to just plug into the Dawkins and Karl Marx show for advice on how to live?

Atheists can't have a mature discussion about their faults. They just resort to personal attacks and appeals to credulity that only they see. This is because they're stupid and childish. It is because they are more likely to have autism than the rest of the population by an order of magnitude. It is because they are virgins.

>How do they expect a society to function without a metaphysical basis for an objective morality?
A democratic consensus is perfectly adequate for a society.

some do. i personally do not mind atheists as long as they stick to their theories and i will stick to my faith. secularity is what's best for any country tho.

> Are we all supposed to just plug into the Dawkins and Karl Marx show for advice on how to live?

If you can't live without advice on how to live then maybe you shouldn't.

>They just resort to personal attacks
>This is because they're stupid and childish

You can't make this shit up.

Either you're an atheist faggot baiting, or you're some low-church, twisted in the head, redneck Christian Zionist cultfag. This isn't how faith works. You paint God to be some sick fuck that tries to make children cry. You knuckle-dragging trash are the worst of the faithful, with your weird, abusive, semi-psychotic imagery and memes. You might as well be kikes or sandniggers.

>Athiest autistcan't see obvious bait created by a fellow atheist autist

This is why no one likes you people.

>implying i need/want a bigger one

>can't have a mature discussion about their faults

>This is because they're stupid and childish
>they are more likely to have autism
>they are virgins.

Christcuck logic everyone

Oh yeah, baby, worship that kike cock, suck it dry! Get owned like a slave, f a g g o t

A

Praise kek faggots

L

This is a fucking horrible God. That small stuffed animal might not mean shit to a god with questionable morals... but to that little girl that stuffed friend has been there for her and is important part of her life.

Lesson? Let me take away something that holds a personal meaning for you that I don't give a fuck about for something bigger and more expensive and teach you the valuable lesson of greed and materialism over morals.

Nah, fuck that guy.

This. Whys Jesus need to be a dick to prove a point?
>lol gimee bear
>imma prank her so hard xD

Knowing how idiotic some Christians are, you can never be sure.

replace the bears with frogs

So Jesus is like the nigger with the BBC telling the wifey with the small dick hubby to give him up so she can be a BBC slut instead?

I mean, I know that Jesus was the illigetimate son of a pump and dumped married woman, but including children in this twisted metaphor is just Mohammed tier.

I sure as fuck know Mary wasn't a virgin, if you know what I mean.

There are a few (rather scientific) truths that atheists aren't allowed to accept, because they conflict with the cultural milieu.

1. The individual cannot be a standard for morality.

2. The whole can be greater than the sum of it's parts.

3. The scientific method was never intended to be universalised.

Even accepting one of these unravels atheism completely.

I'm a Christian, but I have trouble understanding your post:
>The individual cannot be a standard for morality is a scientific truth
Explain?
>The scientific method was never intended to be universalised
Explain? Being able to replicate results, all of atomic theory, etc -- how is universalisability NOT intended by science? The laws of physics work different depending on the culture? Is that why blacks suck at science then? Muslim science is just as valid as western science?

Please clarify, because the way you phrase that sounds like it has some SJW implications.

what the fuck are you talking about? how does any of that relate to god in any way?

that picture is fucking materialistic.
>implying bigger is always better
>implying girl doesn't have an emotional attachment to the teddy she alredy has
>maybe she got it on a special event / occasion
>maybe from a person she likes
>maybe she has fond memories of times with the teddy she already has.

Man, Jesus is such a Jerk.

I mean first that, put simply, anyone who says "I can have my own moral code, and that's fine" is kidding themselves. Morality cannot be properly judged by the individual, because the self can only decide what is best for the self.

Secondly, the scientific method was designed to apply to the natural world alone. Now, the natural world is big, sure, but every single argument I see ends with an atheist demanding "proof" of the divine or the supernatural.

That "proof" they desire is scientific proof, which can never be offered because they're non-overlapping magesteria. Separate.

Maybe the girl loves the teddy because to her mind, it's a "baby". She is loyal and committed to the one she has, a virtue. What kind of mother would trade her own child for a "better" child? I hate this kind of low-church thinking, it always backfires somehow. They're too stupid and easily entertained to be philosophical about their retard memes.

>if I can't prove I'm right, you're wrong

>because the self can only decide what is best for the self

are you an orphan or soething? pretty sure a parent can decide whats good for their child, and thats just the easiest example

>That "proof" they desire is scientific proof, which can never be offered because they're non-overlapping magesteria

then stop claiming god can manifest in the real world, if he can, we can messure it if he cant the who cares if he even exists?

>proof
ok so if i was to tell you that there is an invisible elf that floats behind you and follows you everywhere, but every time you attempt to observe it without wholly believing in its existence first you can find no evidence whatsoever except an old book telling you about it. you should believe me right, otherwise you aren't being logically consistent
sorry if this is worded poorly im tired but you see what im trying to say right?

>anyone who says "I can have my own moral code, and that's fine" is kidding themselves
Well, i guess the same criticism i had to your original phrasing still applies. I thought "wait, Christ is an individual and a moral template". All honorable and faithful people are moral examples, and often are set against the backdrop of immoral society. Lot, for example, or any martyr in the history of the church who died for the faith. Daniel, Micaiah, every prophet ever, most of whom were punished by unjust kings or wicked men. Christ himself was crucified, punished by the worldly powers. All leaders, all kings are moral paragons, or should be; when they aren't, the kingdom they lead suffers in kind. Immorality flows from the head, like a fish rots "from the head". Individual morality is key to nations, as it is in the judgement of sin. You will not stand before God and say "my friends told me to" or "society told me to"; you will answer as an individual, not as a nation.
>the scientific method was designed to apply to the natural world alone
begging the question is the implication in the statement that the natural world is the ONLY world. A great deal of scientific method implies a de facto agnosticism, so its not unreasonable when some presume science is atheistic. It doesn't HAVE to be, but its problematic that it can't be applied to metaphysics, when metaphysics claims to apply to nature.
>they're non-overlapping magesteria. Separate.
that's special pleading, and a later addition; metaphysics of spiritual or religious tradition makes claims about nature; science can't make claims about things it can't observe, but the lack of observable metaphysical phenomena is problematic. However you choose to resolve the conflict, it's intellectually disingenuous to deny the conflict exists, as if science has never threatened faith with it's implications.

Science also threatens "social creationism" from the Left... funny how that works, huh?

A parent decides based on what the parent knows, and only that. Any morality you decide for yourself is based on only your experiences and ideals, and therefore any external source which has been decided by more than one person is better.

>if he cant the who cares if he even exists?

This is the point of view of a child, who can only accept the existence of what his senses tell him. But you know that your senses are flawed, there is a world of colour that you cannot see, and a world of tastes and sensations you will never experience.

There are a million million unobservable particles floating around us at every nanosecond of our lives. I wouldn't care about one more elf, either way..

>bearded man of middle eastern origin seen approaching preteen girls holding a teddybear
calling all units

>There are a million million unobservable particles floating around us at every nanosecond of our lives. I wouldn't care about one more elf, either way..
dont evade the question. do you believe in the elf or not.

>external source which has been decided by more than one person is better.

so youre suggesting to just surround yourself with people who have strong ideas, because those, by definiotn are better than anything you can come up with yourself? thats pretty pathetic senpai

> But you know that your senses are flawed, there is a world of colour that you cannot see, and a world of tastes and sensations you will never experience.

yeah and we can actually detect those colours we cant see, i would be perfectly fine with a god someone can detect even if i cant see him myself, couldnt god just make him sensable btw? is hide and seek really that fun that you have to disappear from time and space completely?

I don't know if Christ counts. He was never JUST an individual, according to any Christian. And though moral examples DO exist, they are examples because they are good according to a set of moral rules that have been agreed upon by external committee.

The atheist cannot have any moral example, other than someone who agrees with their own morality. They can't learn anything, because their own moral code is unchanging until they personally experience otherwise.

I'll just take your word for it. As far as you explain it, the elf doesn't matter, other than it's floating behind me. And I am aware that there are a million million microbes floating behind me, so..yes. Why not?

As I say, it's just one more in a multitude.

Christians don't get that some people like the teddy bear they have because they're not children.

God is all loving, all powerful and all knowing.

Theists, please explain children born with cancer or the zika virus.

No, i'm suggesting that people should submit themselves to external morality, because their own morality is just repackaged personal desire.

The self does not care about virtue, just satisfaction.

>The self does not care about virtue, just satisfaction.

stop projecting, people do care about others, thats called empathy, why didnt you answer my second point though?

>I'll just take your word for it.
so by that logic you should believe in every single iteration of god, which many of the gods you believe in forbid you to do. how do you just end up deciding which one is true there is no logical reason behind it.

I would happily offer my teddybear to god, im just not gonna give it to some subhumans or other poor filth.

>to an atheist: you're an asshole, you called me a cunt and told me to fuck off
>atheist: fair play
>to a Christian: you're an asshole, you called me a cunt and told me to fuck off
>Christian: god made me this way who are you to judge

Yeah real mature conversation friendo

>Christ was never JUST an individual according to ANY Christian
Unless you feel like splitting hairs on the Trinity, that's absurd; even withing the Trinity, Christi is not the Father or the Holy Spirit.
>moral examples are good according to a set of moral rules that have been agreed upon by external committee
God is not a committee, but Legion is; maybe you were thinking of a different moral influence.
>tl;dr atheists are solipsists
I wish that people on both sides would avoid egregious, obvious strawmen. It's embarassing to be a Christian when internet "debators" for the faith are just as cringe and illogical as their opponents. Atheists quite obviously argue that morality has a basis in evolution, and can change depending on the needs or experiences of the culture. I've never heard atheists argue for solipsism, just as I've never heard (as you argue) that Christianity is some kind of "moral committee". That's just bizarre. God (the One God) gives humanity it's morality, through prophets, saints, martyrs, holy individuals who are moral examples or prophets.

>really believing that a bearded man made the world, made everything, solves everything
>waaah waaaah virigns

What is this saying? That since my dad died I'm going to get a bigger dad?

So if i am a christian, i can just gave up Jesus my ability to eat and just die from starvation? Is it what God wants for me?

THIS

Maybe he hate parents of this kid

>says all atheists do is resort to personal attacks
>calls them stupid, virgins and autistic in one post

You're really making me think right now.

Because atheists are too dumb to know of things in a realm beyond seeing and yet claim to be enlightened when they won't even pop over to /x/ and learn how real the veil and that beyond it is.
It's disgusting, really.
They also equate christianity to judaism and islam when that's a factually incorrect view, but what can you expect of someone retarded enough to fall the jewish materialist lie?

>people do care about others, thats called empathy

They care about others as far as their own satisfaction leads. They often waive those rules for serial child rapists and paedophiles and whatever flavour of the month crime makes a human appropriate game.

I didn't answer your second point because i'm not a theist. I think somone who believes in the kind of god you're talking about would be better equipped to answer it.

I can believe in their existence, sure. We all do, because we're aware of them. We don't have to follow any of their rules, because we're not their adherents, and not only their adherents are permitted to believe in their existence.

The trinity aren't separate, but three aspects of a whole. As far as I understand it, anyway..?

I mean more a committee of people in this sense. But God would by necessity be the epitome of all experiences possible, so a decent source of morality, if that's your thing.

This is a good example of a good heart, loving Christian.

I really want to make a shop of this with a bin full of the little teddy bears behind Jesus.

Would make this 100% more accurate.

booring

so he gives cancer to a kid who lives for a while, endures unbearable pain and then dies?

great god you have there, m8.

Maybe it is a devil work.

oh you were satirical. fuck me.

>The trinity aren't separate, but three aspects of a whole
Maybe it's not a tangent worth pursuing ITT; regardless, I have no sense of Christian morals as being the result of a committee. Maybe if you count Papal bulls over the centuries as cumulative. The morality begins with God. Christ was not many people. You get Christianity and atheism wrong. We probably can't debate beyond that, we'll be talking past each other.

>They care about others as far as their own satisfaction leads

yes, it feels good to help others for some people, is that supposed to be wrong a good thing done for bad reasons its still a good thing

< They often waive those rules for serial child rapists and paedophiles and whatever flavour of the month crime makes a human appropriate game.

what are you even saying here? do you think people just stop caring about crimes at some point? or did i just not understand the sentense?

>can believe in their existence, sure. We all do, because we're aware of them. We don't have to follow any of their rules, because we're not their adherents, and not only their adherents are permitted to believe in their existence.
so according to you the difference between atheists and theists is the fact that theists will simply believe everything without any type of proof (this is the only way to remain logically consistent), how do you know specifics like which god created the world and stuff along those lines.

hang yourself

or at least study philosophy at an actual university before you spout this utter bilge

It is nonsense, where is woman?

this, christ died to show people a better way to live, and is the reason europe is great, or was back when it was christian, remember?
regardless of if you believe in god, jesus was a real person and started a massive movement, historians dont deny his existence.

at such fucked up times, you should see christianity to be protected, just look at the difference of christendom and any other faith.
now is not the time to attack christianity.

Funny that you're equating Christianity with Catholicism, but what can you expect of someone retarded enough to fall for the jewish obfuscation lie?

> John 8:7
>So when they continued asking Him, He lifted Himself up and said unto them, “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone”

>A simple comic made for children

gotta start indoctrination sometime, maybe you'd like to poke little 4 year old Sally with your penis too, gotta start sometime you know

If it doesn't make them feel good, the rule doesn't apply. Murder is wrong, but paedos need to be hung. This "morality" doesn't hold up when it no longer makes you feel good.

There is a difference between morality and virtue signallin, but the distinction is unfortunately being lost.

They don't want scientific proof of their supernatural entities, and I don't see why they would need it.

It's pretty simple we aren't as smart as we think we are. We problem need iq of a 1000 to even start to comprehend some of these questions. We are still like children. We need augmentation.

Why can't you fucking religious faggots understand how pretentious you are? Fuck off

orthodox pope asked for assistance, as byzantine empire was being invaded by muslims, it was later invaded anyway, and now its the brilliant lovely country of turkey.

if not for the crusades turkey wouldve become muslims alot earlier, spain would be muslim too, actually it would of spread further and every european country would be muslim cunts, and muslim cunts wouldve been the ones to occupy the USA too.

Please stop spamming this thread all the time OP

This is why we need a containment board for the discussion of religion. /rlg/ perhaps?

nah religion is a serious part of politics, dont chuck us in with a bunch of mormon christfags

>Why can't they solve the mind body problem?

But we can, it's dualists that are unable to.

>How do they expect a society to function without a metaphysical basis for an objective morality?

What does the veracity of atheism have to do with the faults of an atheist society?

>Are we all supposed to just plug into the Dawkins and Karl Marx show for advice on how to live?

No.

>they're stupid and childish

>le stone cast aka "we all did somethin bad so why hate anyone" meme
>implying those who aren't sorry for what they did deserve forgiveness
>implying that you can catch the flies that won't go to the honey by just pouring more honey on
>angrily types the materialist who believes he was just given life without purpose because a heap of coincidences happened through completely randomness

I'm not really talking about Christian morality at all. I'm talking about the lack of fundament or foundation for individualist thinking.

Two thousand years of delusion shattered by a single image. Really makes you think.........

the church is cancerous, especially in this shithole

>They don't want scientific proof of their supernatural entities, and I don't see why they would need it.
it doesnt even have to be about scientific proof, just the fact that there is no logical way of knowing which one is the true 'god', especially when belief in anything else will end in purgatory or hell. basically you have to blindly pick a the correct card from a full deck and accidentally getting anything but an ace of hearts will grant you eternal suffering and damnation, however if you are one of the lucky few to end up drawing the ace of hearts you get to go to heaven. if god was as perfect as they claimed why would he damn so many people to suffering simply because they heard some slightly different teachings first.

>damn so many people to suffering simply because they heard different teachings
>what is honest and dishonest error
>hurr hurr blindly pick a correct card as if there aren't a dozen or so mainstream religions and then the thousand pagan ones that would put you in the dishonest camp where you're actively disregarding christ

>it doesnt even have to be about scientific proof

What other proof would you accept, out of interest?

This board is just atheists trolling atheists at this point. All the actual Christians have been driven off or are silent due to the faggots pretending to be these strawman fundie Christians LARPing and shouting deus vult.

You're an idiot. All basis for morality is, is that more evolved people will seek to live a life with minimal negativity and harm towards others and lessen that even further. If others feel good, you also feel good. If people are good to each other, then society can evolve. Win-win. It's human nature. You don't need a book for that unless you're a psychopath with deep issues. If you grew up religious, you probably think your morals come from the bible, just like people who got beat up as kids think they know right and wrong because of that. It's false equivalence. Morality is common sense and inherent and only distortions in perception stemming from fucked up life experiences can cause it to become perverted.

No. I don't think that. That in no way represents or even comes close to what I believe in about life.

Thanks for proving my point you huge pretentious self righteous entitled religious faggot

/thread

>he won't take the holy land back
>"n-n-n-no one could achtually disagree with me without being o-o-o-o-ooobjectively wrong!"
>he thinks morality just happened
>men just evolved from caves and learned to be nice to eachother alon the way
>believing you can do right without doing your damnedest to know what right is first

>LARPing as a shitty Christian strawman

>better type LARP again, as if I understand what it means!
>no one could really be a christian in [CURRENT YEAR], amirite lads? upvote pls

Hes right though. You're an obvious retard trying to pretend like you're just pretending. It's like when girls dye their hair and say they don't do it for attention. You're the girl right now.

>mfw be the kid in OPs pic related
>mfw the other half of the comic is cut off
>mfw the missing half is an expectant adult, and Jesus still has two teddy bears

you can have an objective morality that isn't from a time when people thought slavery is fine. if you were actually interested in the opposing point view you would look it up. if you would actually be interested in objective morality you would look into it.

No.
We just let religious people think that, so they don't hit themselves when they find out no one cares about their stupid perception of reality.

OR he's someone with different ideas than yours. those people exist you know.

>Shilling for cucked version of judaism.
At least worship trees or something.

THIS

But he's not right.
He's one level deep into theology, and believes that's all there is to it while dismissing any counter argument as delusional.
What's so hard about the concept of some people still having faith?
>posting images on an imageboard is playing for attention

>worship trees
No, user. Because that would make sense. It's much more socially acceptable to worship a God nobody can see and has no physical features at all, who only talks to certain special people and only certain special people can see him

these aren't rather scientific truths. these are abstract concepts that can be right or wrong depending on how you interpret them. and neither of them point to religion in any other way except philosophical.

If I was Christian I'd be annoyed at your le deus vult xDDDD faggotry.

I'd be very suspicious of God that calls to George W Bush to start a war that will eventually lead to creation of Isis.

You're an ignorant twat and here's how I know for sure. Abraham stole the idea of his religion from the canaanite a. All 3 Abrahamic religions were started from there. Do you understand? Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all nigger religion. Literally spins off preexisting religion with stolen stories from other preexisting religions too. You're historically ignorant and so is anyone who takes Abrahamic religions seriously

Wrong post

meant

>anything can mean anything else, goy!

t. Karl Marx