twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>rip-off BSG
>rip-off Dune
>rip-off multiple videogames
>take the least you can from Star Trek
what did they mean by this

*/DIS/

Here is your answer.

how is it a dune ripoff to use the spore drive in STD when STD takes place before Dune does in canon meaning that they are actually the originators and why STD many critics are saying will get more emmys than any Trek series ever made because it has diversity.

>Star Trek Discovery Sneak Peek
youtube.com/watch?v=5PgltWGSjKQ

>The Orville Sneak Peek
youtube.com/watch?v=pd1rnASDoUI

So basically it's the plot from Orville's second episode? Also, way to make it real obvious in the trailer that the other prisoner is not to be trusted

I never thought I'd see the day when a Star Trek tv looks worse than some light hearted Seth MacFarlane scifi show.

Entire fucking thing feels like someone read a top 10 science stories list and then tried writing a show about water bears and quantum entanglement.

Trek as always had technobabble, but jesus christ.

>STD takes place before Dune

Fackin Wat

oriville unironically looks more interesting tbqh familia

>YOU ARE A SURVIVOR! LIKE ME

THERE

ARE

FOUR

LIGHTS

>Game Of Thrones In Space vs. Unfunny Galaxy Quest

Is it sad that Seth's show looks marginally better?

The Orville is actually putting forth ethical issues that have no clear answer.

Why isn't STD matching that? Com'on.

Star Trek is fucking dead

>STD takes place before Dune
>Fackin Wat

In the timeline STD takes place after ENT that means time wise it takes place before Dune which shows STD is not stealing from anyone and actually the other way around.

God I hate how nit picky old trek fans are because they hate how progressive the show is by redefining what star trek is to be on the right side of history instead of the wrong side of history.

there is nothing ripped off of anything by STD because of how great the writers are, people just want to slam them for how creative they are. Look at any critic, many gave the show a 10 out of 10 before ever watching one second of STD because the writers all openly support diversity and LGBT rights which is a first in Star Trek and why so many of the older fans hate on STD.

FUCK OFF CBS

Saru a shit, always being offended and demanding cuddles and apologies like a weak bitch.

> this
makes me want to kill myself

The action in Dune is set over 20,000 years in the future, in a planet orbiting the Canopus star.

Its not sad, it just shows that the Trek makers are out of touch. They think JJ style explosions and glitz is what people want.

They've forgotten what made Trek great in the first place. MacFarlane hasn't.

Sorry, watching the last episode right now and had to pause to say WTF?? and vent. Why would you initiate sedation protocols, then not even fucking check if the creature is fucking asleep? So.Fucking.Stupid!

There goes a possible interesting character. Oh well.

>Saru a shit,
Saru literally has waifu in his name!!!

Saru confirmed for best waifu much better than that cheap chinese knockoff called Orville which stole all their ideas and premise from STD.
>pic related
Only someone with no taste would choose the left over Saru who also uses tons of CGI since Orville is too cheap to be able to afford that which is why everyone hates the Orville.

is that fucking dwight from Office?

Hes playing Harry Mud. You remember him right, the con man from TOS.

>/STD/
It's DIS

People still watch this show? Why?

so STD is ripping off Orville now? I think we are now officially living in a mirror universe.

Probably the most kino scene in star trek history since the klingons look way better than they ever have before because STD has more money to produce higher production values, each episode is like a movie with its visuals.

So are Netflix and CBS still keeping the viewership numbers a secret long past the point where it would be reasonable to do so if it was successful?

When does Netflix ever release the numbers for anything?

/STD/ posters cannot possibly refute this webm

They did for DareDevil after 2 weeks.

What are the numbers for Daredevil?

Somewhere around 8 million in the first two weeks, which was the most any show they'd released had seen in that time-frame after release (not sure if it's still the case)

If you're talking about this
variety.com/2015/digital/news/netflix-originals-viewer-data-1201480234/
Netflix didn't share the numbers.

It was a third-party company giving their best guess.

>so STD is ripping off Orville now?
No, it's borrowing from the same source Orville did.

>Saru literally has waifu in his name!!!

Dune is not canon to Star Trek.

No user, a show that's long been finished is ripping off another show retrospectively.
>this is how the mind of an average Orshill works

Learn to recognize bait and falseflagging.

I wanted to like the show. I gave the first few episodes the benefit of the doubt. The entire plot element of the beast being the supercomputer for navigation and the beast's SHARP twist to becoming docile for the nigress at all times just pisses me off. ANYTHING would have been better.

To be fair, Gene Roddenberry proposed that the Enterprise-D should be flown by dolphins. It's a homage to that.

>Mike uses Saru's skill to test if the ripper is a predator
>"You said all that nice stuff just to keep me distracted!"
>Expected her to say that all that she said was true, tho.
>Nope, "It was necesary"

This is awful.

Yes, she is genuinely written to be a dick. But Saru losing his shit and replying the way he did was disappointing too.

It's her Vulcan upbringing that compels her to tell the truth, no matter the consequence.

doesnt netflix have a rating system? its not on netflix in US because its illegal.

But outside the US it is legal to watch STD on netflix without being arrested. Does anyone have any screenshots of that thumbs page to see how many people rated it good or bad? That is a base line indication at least of interest if that same person could post a comparison to any other current netflix shows to gauge the interest.

does this company due to that for all of netflix sort of like how steamdb does it for steam?

>another Star Trek thread full of people shitposting for Orville

Really makes you wonder who are behind these posts...

83% rated it good

There are a lot more people watching Orville because it's free. That's a fact. So you can't have an STD thread without them pitching in.

Surely even in 2017's redditized Sup Forums, that shouldn't matter since everyone here should be able to figure out how to download/stream it?

Fuck Bernham for trying to pretend that monster is anything but an evil predator. It murdered poor shush guy for absolutely no reason.

Wow it's almost like The Orville is more Trek than STD.

Yes it is, i.e. hopelessly outdated 30 years old style of storytelling with the low budget crappy set to go with it.

162 of those votes were me with a VPN.

Fugg old thread archived so reposting:
>if we criticize discovery, they win
Can it fly in atmosphere like we have seen multiple times, both in jjtrek and in other star trek series?
its a secret, illegal tribunal, like that bag episode where they airlock the collaborators
Lorca retrofitted it precisely so that michael would have a way to sneak into the spore room
Lorca is a klingon
klingons are space orcs
l ORC a
it fits
no. his endgame is to destroy the discovery and kill everyone on board.
she was worried about being deprived of the regular vitamin D injections Lorca was giving her
gooks are officially soulless aliens in the STDverse?
"spinning is a good trick" memes aside, this looks like a direct copy of the Event Horizon wormhole engine
>it's a stargate, it has to select the symbols before the jump
or this
>p90
>spinning saucer
someone in the writing room was clearly watching too much sg1
wobbly wobbly quantum wantum
gravity of the star interferes with the spore drive or else the spores are intelligent and want them dead for hurting tard-san

>Can it fly in atmosphere like we have seen multiple times, both in jjtrek and in other star trek series?
No, it's aerodynamic for no reason whatsoever.

Why is that one random uniform lighter than the others? Is it a color coded TOS thing?

You got trolled son. Easily.

You really think Fox doesn't have an army of interns to manipulate that poll?

Show me one other /trek/ poll from the past year that even came CLOSE to 600 voters.

You must poz yourself by having sex with either L'Rell or Michael.
Who do you pick?
Why?

If FOX is doing that well to be able to pull that off it just shows how floundering CBS is.

Ep5 will probably be my last. Everyone is a fucking headcase on this ship and so far Saru has been a pleasant, well adjusted guy. In ep5 they'll have them go full psycho, so even the last tolerable and likeable character will be an asshat.

I hate this kind of drama on Star Trek.

>Fox is so great, what a wonderful corporation, I don't even mind when they manipulate our polls!
Wew.

>Star Trek Voyager establishes the Federation has mastered not only time travel, but the monitoring of the timeline for disruptions to history
>The USS Relativity is the Federations version of them playing Time Cop
>Able to transport individuals to not only any point in time, but any place in the galaxy at will
>Are able to stop timeline related bullshitary before it even gets started

>Star Trek Enterprise does a massive story arc on some sort of temporal cold war

If anything rustles my jimmies it's this

this is like people acted in TOS, Bones and Spock were always at each other's thorats. stick to TNG and DS9 if you want soap opera characters being friends

I liked the technobabble in episode 4 desu

>dune stole from STD 65 years before it was made
fuck, I should have known.

No wonder they're sticking to prequels. How are you supposed to write anything coherent post-TNG/Voy/DS9 with this kind of technological power creep.

that is one ugly motherfucker

you starcuck fans are fucking weirdos

>Captain is for some reason off of his special ops, black project ship that is working on research that could end the war saving millions, if not billions, of lives
>Does it in a place where Klingons happen to be able to reach him

This show is quite literally just the writers inventing bullshit. There is no real reason for anything to have happened - not the mutiny, not the phaser being flipped to kill, not that security bitch getting eaten for using a phaser on a phaser immune murder beast, not Michael pissing off Saru and ruining the last shred of trust he may have possibly ever had in her.

Nothing in this show makes any sort of sense at all.

Why the fuck would fox care about what a board on Sup Forums thinks.

Well, the USS Relativity is in the 29th century. But the point is they exist to stop catastrophic issues from occurring in the time line. They are, quite literally, time cops.

We don't know their exact directive, so even timeline related bullshit like all the previous Star Trek might need to happen as it was key to establishing the 29th century - but considering the Temporal Cold War started in and around the 29th century, and seeks to unravel literally everything from happening... Yeah, that entire story arc should have been scrapped.

If you want to see how scared they are of power creep go read into what happened to Transphasic Torpedos and the Ablative Armor Technology Janeway brought back with her from the future.

It's technology about 3 decades more advanced than what everyone has available and the Torpedos were shown to instantly dummy an entire borg cube in one shot. Star Trek Online and other Prime Universe material basically said "Well everyone quickly adapted to the torpedos so they aren't any better than the previous ones" LOL

Why not?

It's clear that they're here though, since you can't show me another /trek/ poll from the past year that has anywhere close to that many voters.

>this is like how people acted 50 years ago in a series that barely managed to conceptualize what it's about before it got canceled
Sorry, no. Michael taking the moral high ground above Saru is too much bullshit. It's like Spock coming up with a solution to an engineering problem Scotty can't solve. Which totally happened and was one of the reasons why I hated STIV.

I agree with all except:
>not Michael pissing off Saru and ruining the last shred of trust he may have possibly ever had in her

>tfw I'll never have threat ganglia

>tfw you'll have no reason to have them the first place because you don't know Michael Burnham

This part bothers me not because she has an emotional connection to Saru or should, or any bullshit. But because he's the first officer of a star ship you shouldn't be on, who already hates you, and saw you commit a mutiny. And she pulled this stunt immediately after the Security Officer went full retard to the point where if you had to testify what exactly happened in court, the Jury would probably convict you because it sounds that retarded.

I'm not upset with her deciding to manipulate Saru at some point, or if she wanted to act cold and inhuman. Where she did it, however, was possibly the worst time she could have done it.

In the next episode clip where she is trying to sympathize that the creature is in pain and Saru is like "BITCH I SAID JUMP THE FUCKING SHIP" I have 0 surprise he isn't putting up with her bullshit. He has literally 0 reason to trust ANYTHING she says ever again

people are just upset that for the first time people die in star trek

Are Klingon genitals cold?

Fuck you

>was possibly the worst time she could have done it
It's not like she had a choice, it was 6 hours or the federation is losing the mine.

But I absolutely agree with anything else.

However Saru losing his shit is contrary to everything we knew about him so far. When everyone, and I mean everyone was on the edge formerly, he kept his cool, he was casual, he just seemed emotionally very well balanced. Now suddenly he joins the emo bandwagon and starts behaving like the rest of them? No, I just don't want it to happen, it doesn't feel right.

Delete this

Fuck you.

More like fuck Terry Farrell. Neither Dax or Tasha needed to die, the actors quit, so they killed their characters off instead of recasting them.

Just wait 10 fucking minutes to make sure its actually asleep? Shine a torch in the cage to check its asleep? Open a small hole in the forcefield and poke it?

Fuck you..

based Sup Forums btfo

Why couldn't she be like

>Hey dude come down here I need your help with something

Or, you know, maybe not be transparent about it? Finish your apology, he leaves, and then go "Heh, his threat tentacles didn't pop out. INTERESTING"

She's incompetent even when she's being competent.

>they conveniently photoshopped her moles out of the promo pics
I don't know what to say.

fuck you...

More like fuck Rick Berman. Terry Farrell didn't want to quit, but Tricky Dick gave her no other choice.

Shush faggot, the adults are talking. About Saru. Not Landry.

>Or, you know, maybe not be transparent about it?
Vulcan upbringing, they are pragmatic like that. And very outspoken.

This blatant false advertisement should be against the law

>they are pragmatic like that. And very outspoken.

It's not logical to cause an emotional response in someone. It's not logical to hold someone to the standard of pure logic when you know for a fact they don't hold that standard themselves.

I don't give a flying fuck why she left, she left, and Ezri was insufferable. End of discussion.