Thoughts on this film? Was it kino?

Thoughts on this film? Was it kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0VnIrXmdYhY
youtube.com/watch?v=pbgrwNP_gYE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The ads were youtube.com/watch?v=0VnIrXmdYhY

Yes but the moral message was abit gay.

Yes. Those single shot scenes like the car chase that ends with his ex dying, or the ceasefire while everyone looks on with awe as the first baby in years is born were truly kino.

DUDE, DAD-ROCK, LMAO

I thought it was boring

Absolutely kino
The absolute kinoest scene is when Theo breaks down and cries in the forest.

That single-cut battle scene was beyond belief desu.

Kino as fuck. But if you didn't live in Blair-era Britain (a scary authoritarian place), you will never truly get it. Like all sci-fi, it was firmly rooted in its own time.

Would have been more popular if he and the black villain switched characters?

No.
Theo had to be quintessentially British. The movie was partially about British apathy

Having an immigrant lead would have lessened that

I love that the message was the only hope for the future is niggers.

Britain still is scary and authoritarian.

Tbh, I don't like it as anything more than a well produced action movie. The action sequences were really well done, but the plot and characters and themes were just ok, and now that the long take thing has been done better, the novelty is gone.

It's my favorite movie senpai. The world building in it is some of the best I've ever seen.

biggest problem was that they went for a west african actress. the problem with west africans is that their normal speaking voices literally sound like shitty acting IRL, so western audiences can never get anything from them. this doesn't happen nearly as much with accents from east africa, like somalians, tanzanians, etc all sound like they're earnest to our ears, but almost every accent from west and central africa just sounds fake, naturally. it's weird.

kino af. this was on rerun in the red light district cheap motel room tv i stayed in during a depressing meh period out of the country, feel asleep to it- was comfy af. rediscovered it years later and fell in love it. definitely my top 10 'films' of all time. the memory of it and the soundtrack haunted me for years.

it was kino
those long takes were glorious

essential redditcore

youtube.com/watch?v=pbgrwNP_gYE

Lemme guess he says
>It wash dishgushtink

You sure do know a lot about Africans

>Zizek
wait this guy is famous? I thought he was just another guy like Molyneux

Shit reddit pseudo intellectual meme flick with a gay anti white liberal agenda that can be seen from space. Easily one of the worst movies made in the last 20 years.

crammed as many negative buzzwords in there as you could huh