Why is Bladerunner so sexist?

Why is Bladerunner so sexist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYRsDi4fGOA
support.google.com/youtube/answer/7239739?hl=en
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mb7yqx/cyberpunk-cities-fetishize-asian-culture-but-have-no-asians-blade-runner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=HYRsDi4fGOA

>comments disabled
>like/dislike hidden

post ur tits

why are women such pussies?

>upload 28th of sep
>36,720 views
damn she isn't doing to good eh?

he meant feet, post feet OP

"audiences"

>the narrative was almost entirely driven by men
the narrative was almost entirely driven by robots

>Men use machines to satisfy need for female companionship without forcing women to do anything in particular
>This is sexist! Men NEED to be at the mercy of female decisions.
Funny how if you reverse the genders, women being at the mercy of male decisions, is sexism too.

Feminism was all about getting as much power equality be damned, and it's becoming increasingly obvious.

She never does.
Her videos are always trending but nobody watches them, comments on them, or likes them.
So what the fuck does "trending" mean?

Male replecants, shitlord.

trending is curated internally by youtube staff

guess

Pretty sure it's a combination of and an AI tracking your views.

why does OP keep looking for articles to be mad about and giving them exposure?

Yet at the end the "miracle" was a woman.

>get triggered by women getting triggered

Can't believe not one Americuck put an AR 15's bullet into her skull yet.

Pay a fucking spic to do it i don't know

Does anyone else here don't understand the problem of having other characters only exist for other character's sakes? Why is this a problem exactly?

support.google.com/youtube/answer/7239739?hl=en

Trending considers view count — especially the rate of growth in views — and where views are coming from, but many other (((signals))) also contribute to determining what's trending. This means that the video with the highest view count on a given day may not be #1 on Trending, and videos with more views may be shown below videos with fewer views.

We treat all channels (((equally))) and do not favor any specific creators. We do not accept payment for placement on Trending. We don’t talk about the exact details of the algorithm to prevent abuse of our systems.

Trending displays a single list of trending videos in each country, except for India. In India, Trending displays a single list of trending videos for each of the 9 most common Indic languages.

>Main characters boss is a woman
>Biggest threat is a woman
>Main character, a man, finds out he's not special and is just a pawn to pave the way for the real revolutionary icon, a woman
>Leader of the revolution is female
>Powerful depictions of how women are used and abused in the society of 2049 (female replicant slaves, female holograms based on male ideals of subservient women from the 50's)
>Main antagonists goal is to create a class of female replicants enslaved to be birthing machines forever
>Director has a track record of making films with central female presences and some feminist themes

These are the same dopes who call Mad Men sexist because it depicts men being bad to women in a sexist time and fail to understand how depiction of characters or society's actions towards women are not tantamount to the work praising these behaviors. If you can't figure out how Blade Runner 2049 actually has some feminist things to say then you should not be in the business of interpreting film, or any narrative art really. You and your opinions are silly.

It's fucking Jezebel. That website only exists to push a pro-female agenda.

I wish Peter Theil had gone further. Gawker was not enough. He needed to burn that entire fucking temple to the ground. Kotaku, Jezebel, RPS. All lib cancer.

exactly what happened with vagina road. It was full of feminism but cucks here depicted it as being the contrary despite the obvious. Villeneuve is indeed very PC, just like the arrival showed.

The age of women is nearing an end

Someone just told me it's racist because there's a lot of Asian influences but no Asian characters. How do I even respond to this?

Brainlets cannot understand the is-ought fallacy and constantly conflate the two.

Have you seen sicario? I liked that movie exclusively because of how sexist it was

it wasn't, just because she gets beaten does not make it sexist, just realistic

>live in Midwest
>buy (insert product here)
>instructions and warnings posted in English as well as Spanish
>not one Hispanic person in town
What the fuck, this is rascist.

Tell them Asians don't give a fuck, they love the film and they love white people.

At least this one actually acknowledges that BR is a dystopian future. The other articles of this ilk seem to pretend it's presented as some ideal.

Portraying women realistically in today's political climate is considered sexist by the people that write these articles. Only characters like MaRey Sue are acceptable in their eyes. For that alone, I respect that spic. I hope blade runner isn't actually feminist

>women in charge of understanding subtlety and nuance
w e w

Well it is in that way , but that's very subtle so it does not seem as shoehorned as your usual jewish amazonian bullshit let's say.

>Outrage quickly spread, including from those who had not yet seen the film

The left in a nutshell

how dare you assume this unit's gender, meatbag.

to be fair people like OP NEVER commit 100% to the Sup Forums and Sup Forums right wing ideals. it's only surface level stuff like OP

I've never wanted to punch her in the face more.

It's pretty weird how their system is so automated and unbiased but Stephen Colbert is literally always on the front page even when his video has well under 1M views

>no Asian characters
Are Filipinos not Asian anymore?

>out of touch leftist philistines masking as critics flood the media with retarded articles that fundamentally misinterpret works of art
>you're alt-right and in the wrong to point this out and criticize them

As the most powerful race on earth, they've long transcended such narrow classifications.

The entire movie revolved around the concept of the womb. Christ.

The most important character that fuels all the events is a fucking woman. Leader of resistance? Woman Replicant. Wallace's choice enforcer? A woman.

This is pathetic.

I just said you're not though

Filipinos aren't even human

Squint your eyes and go
>he say you brade runner

>Movie has been a minor flop
>Press are screaming about sexism

This is going to be used as another excuse to shoehorn in diversity casts.

The only valid point I've seen in these articles is the lack of male sexbots. Having all the pleasure/virtual gf people be female does kinda imply that they are for the movies audiance (presumed male) as well, and not wholey made for story relevant reasons.

A male version of Joi being advertised would have been cool to see. Or male pleasure replicants. Make the point about loss of human relationships/connections because of engineered perfect partners. Tying it to one gender restricts this a bit, and inevitably ties you up in "is this sexist?"/"is it just pandering to male audience" debates.

It's the future, I'm sure people are having the most depraved and disgusting human-replicant-Ai-replicant animal orgies.

Have you ever seen Youtube's official twitter?
It's the hugest virtue signal of all time. If something has a whiff of social justice or virtue signalling on it, they'll trend that motherfucker.

That refugee one they shilled the fuck out of got shitslammed.

>The narrative was driven by men
Further proof that women don't understand films.

Hmmmmm

Really throws my jogger for a nogger.

Are you kidding? Healthy human women - especially the young and attractive ones - are probably worth their weight in wood. Fucking spacenoid chads are skimming the cream of the earthnoid crop because they need babbies.

The story followed a male protagonist but the entire crux of his personal dilemma was centered on the idea that vaginas alone grant souls. Women hold nearly every role of power in the movie, the entire story is about motherhood and what it means to have parents, as well as the fact that the male character is completely unimportant and dies, and the actual female child lives to lead a whole revolution.

>Is Blade Runner 2049 sexist or a fair depiction of a dystopian future
if only these two things were entirely unrelated and there was no need to pretend it is either one or the other

Yeah I felt as though it was kind of pandering to the women are superior crowd, and i say that as a girl myself

Yeah, good analysis.

This reviewer is just an idiot.

Maybe at some point in the BR universe a fascist government used gene editing to eradicate gayness.

i wouldn't watch this video if you held a fucking gun to my head

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mb7yqx/cyberpunk-cities-fetishize-asian-culture-but-have-no-asians-blade-runner

A good chunk of her fans lost respect for her after she made feminism look horrible on a global stage at some UN summit.
I think she actually tried to compare her online harrasment to muslim honor killing laws or some shit like that. Really cringey stuff, even the ultra lib UN told her to chill the fuck out. Her career has never been the same since.

>cyberpunk fetishizes asian culture
oh my god are these people fucking retarded?
All the "asian culture" shit we see in cyberpunk is a direct result of the original blade runner inspiring so many asian artists. If anything its a respectful head nod to all those artists that Vice and other liberal outlets will bend over backwards to avoid talking about because they arent black

Asians aren't human so if you have an asian blade runner the question of his humanity could never be raised, thus ruining the film

writing 101

I think the point of this movie was this was a world devoid of love. It’s not only men’s fault but it’s gotten to the point where people need AI women to feel synthetic love. The pivotal moment shown in this image was when K realized his love was hollow and sacrifice for a worthy cause was all that he had left to be human. However, that said there is a strong feeling that women are very much basically meat in this dystopia, which is true admittedly is why women tend to hate Blade Runner. So, is this sexist or fair? I tend to agree that as more people become like Jared Leto character, love for women will definitely go down the drain.

Blade Runner is made for lonely men. As Taxi Driver or Drive.

I'm head of a chinese-american culture group at a University, they tell me I'm too cynical when I say westerners only see racial conflict as fair skin people oppressing brown people.

Who the fuck is this nobody

Didn't Cowboy Bebop dude make that animated short?

Didn't Blade Runner inspire a fuck ton of Japanese artists/directors?

Fuck, didn't Firefly do the same damn thing with everyone speaking Mandarin?

>>Main antagonists goal is to create a class of female replicants enslaved to be birthing machines forever
cmon, you know what Wallace really wanted was replicants to be free of humanity by becoming an independent species and replacing us and conquering the stars. he didn't give a shit about regular humanity anymore.

theres an Asian replicant in the pics goose looks at on his screen at the beginning

Filipinos are the niggers of asia tho

user, negative comments and dislikes are, like, literally basically rape.

He wanted more slaves.

dumb roasties hate it?

I think I'll buy a ticket

theyre mexicants

>motherboard.vice
Does anyone actually read this shit? I used to think these articles actually mattered but I'm starting to think they're very niche. Salon for instance is going bankrupt.

I think more Mexicans

the only reason she was ever relevant is because angry autists from Sup Forums boosted her views. now that they've gotten bored she's faded back into obscurity.

when a girl buys a vibrator, its seen as a bit of naughty fun. BUT when a guy orders a 240 Volt FuckMaster Pro 5000 blowup latex doll with 6 speed pulsating vagina, elasticized anus with non-drip semen collection tray, together with optional built in realistic orgasm scream surround sound system, hes called a pervert?

k I take it back, I just remembered he said he wanted millions (of reproducing replicants) so we (regular humanity) could be trillions, and take over the stars near the beginning of the movie. so yeah he still wanted regular humanity to stay on top.

but they were americants after being owned by spain

>cried the ""internet""

>salon, vice, themarysue is the internet

It's a good idea but the story is so focused on K's experience that including a scene with one would be out of place. Pretty much every scene in the movie can be factored into his arc either directly or indirectly. Hence only holowaifus and female pleasure replicants.

I guess they could've put one in as a background detail in one of the city shots, but there weren't many opportunities because they were trying to make things look bleak and empty compared to the original's gritty hustle and bustle, to show how much further Earth has decayed.

I just want a Joi to read books to in the evening :`(

they are left that shithole and went to the offworld colonies

did this nigger even watch blade runner?

She's trying too hard, but its her business model

>outrage quickly spread
Where?

It's like saying 12 years a slave is racist towards blacks, they're just retarded and want clicks on their shitty articles.

Female sexuality doesn't work that way. Women are happy to share living, breathing alpha males.

But all men would rather have one woman all to themselves. Given how difficult dating is for men nowadays, having a real-life female partner is not possible for a substantial minority of males. That's where sexbots/A.I. waifus enter the picture.

I unironically thought there was gratuitous nudity in some scenes to the point it made them feel cheap. The hologram scene in particular just felt out of place and if anything it just made me feel less empathy for the whole Joi character.

If what they tried to do was depicting her as a mass product as a reflection of K's meaningless life, they could've at least tried to go for other than the lowest common denominator. What was the point of trying to give depth to her character if that's what they were going for? It's like they had given me "Her" first only to have it shattered by a shitty Hatsune Miku.

>The hologram scene in particular just felt out of place
fucking brainlets man, the pink hologram scene is the pivotal scene in the entire fucking film

>they could've at least tried to go for other than the lowest common denominator.
That's literally what the product is.

I thought it said something about him (and how plain he was as a working replicant stiff) that his model was the base one, with only a Cuban accent. in the menu you see when he turns on the emanatory he could have changed her up, including body type (34HHH fuk yea)

outside the story answer is youre supposed to empathize with the one character so the same actress needs to appear as both the ad and the personal Joi

>she isn't doing to good
-from literally who to multi millionaire in like 3 years.
-can easily raise 100-250k for stupid feminist projects whenever she wants .
-gives paid speeches to vidya developers and publishers.
-spoke at the UN.
-has private Bodyguards.
-doesn't need Jewtube shekels or PayMeTons bucks.

How did you do in the last 3 years, user?

Better luck next time

i actually am a girl though

Why didn't any feminists tear apart Lars and the Real Girl like they are this kino?