I see Christianity being advocated quite a bit on this board, and the resulting threads are pretty interesting...

I see Christianity being advocated quite a bit on this board, and the resulting threads are pretty interesting. Perhaps a Christfag could answer one question for me?

Why did God create?
He needs nothing. No possible outcome could affect him in any way. He alone exists, eternally free from all states of lesser being/suffering. He needs nothing, so why was he moved to act? What was the reason? I don't see how mere desire can affect a being that is beyond all limitations.

Other urls found in this thread:

truthrevolt.org/news/famous-atheist-would-ask-god-why-bone-cancer-children
youtube.com/watch?v=nEqAKwAgL0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you can picture the entirety of the human race from a 6th dimensional existence (or all earth based cellular life) we are one mass of all possibilities. maybe we created ourselves terminator trilogy style?

checked 4 kek

KEK created for KEKs unenlightened one.

In the beginning KEK created the heaven and the earth
And the earth was without form and void
and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the spirit of KEK moved upon the face of the waters
And KEK said, Let there be meme magic : and there was light
And KEK saw the light, and it was good :
and KEK divided the light from the darkness.
And KEK called the light Day, and the
darkness he called Night. This was the first meme.

Praise KEK

Deist Buddhafag here.
"Why did God create?
God created because fuck you. God doesn't care about you and you will never know, no one will. God exists to fuck shit up, then make it cool Cause and effect. Karma. Shit is random, but still somehow follows a path. Religion is only for those that need it, seek it, or have an experience. If you are not one of those three, fuck off and ignore it. Do something productive, besides trying to refute shit no one knows or can explain. The unknown will always exist because there is some crazy awesome shit going on that we can't understand.

Christianity is WEAK

KEK is STRONG
JOIN us or DIE

Praise KEK!

Short answer is to glorify him and enjoy him forever. But, we honestly won't know all the mysteries until they're revealed. The catholic version of heaven is learning about God because he is infinite. And that takes infinity to do it.

OK tyler durderp plese stop posting now

Dunno

Praise KEKE, and PEPE is his MESSENGER!

-PEPE- Element:Water

PEPE is seen as The Messenger and the Bringer of Light
PEPE is KEK and KEK is PEPE

Pepe the Messenger works through the God Emporer Trump
The force of PEPE is so strong within Trump that he is often confused for the MESSENGER himself.

PEPE: 'I sacrifice Newfag blood in the name of KEK, by triggering them. Praise KEK.'
'Build me an army in the name of KEK', so sayeth PEPE

Exodus 8:1–4This is what the great LORD KEK says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me. If you refuse

to let them go, I will plague your whole country with frogs. The Nile will teem with frogs. They will come up

into your palace and your bedroom and onto your bed, into the houses of your officials and on your people, and

into your ovens and kneading troughs. The frogs will go up on you and your people and all your officials.

>Why did God create?

God is but a simple farmer.

We are his produce.

Why does he need glory? It can't be said that he "desires" it, correct? He needs nothing.

>KEKE

Oh Almighty KEK forgive me I was careless!
KEK forgive me I repent!

PRAISE KEK

To create.
From true darkness came light, that is ultimate creation.

Here is a similar question for atheists.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

If there was nothing, and nothing to affect nothing, why didn't it stay as nothing?

He created because he is relational by nature (the trinity). Creativity is one of God's divine energies, as is love and relationship.

He first created the Angels, then thr physical world, because he cannot help but create because it is in his nature.

But he desired to share his love with creatures like himself, so he created man in his image.

First mistake is "he."

Secondly, you are implying that God created humans, while ignoring any other ideology that God put laws in place that resulted in an intelligent organism being created.

It is true that God doesn't need any assistance from organisms, but organisms can reap many benefits from following what we can make of God's will. It would make sense that God could create a bond with any organism via the means of being birthed into the flesh of whatever intelligent organism God would want to influence, and Christendom claims that if you seek God, you will find God, which would make sense due to the existence of the religion.

Sounds like an asshole. Fuck god.

He doesn't need it, in the sense that it helps him to exist. He wants it because it is in his nature.

LORE OF KEK

In the beginning KEK created the heaven and the earth
And the earth was without form and void
and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the spirit of KEK moved upon the face of the waters
And KEK said, Let there be meme magic : and there was light
And KEK saw the light, and it was good :
and KEK divided the light from the darkness.
And KEK called the light Day, and the
darkness he called Night. This was the first meme.

-BANE- Element:Fire

BANE: Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I

didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

BANE symbolizes the primordial power of darkness
out of which creation itself was wrought
BANE is KEK and KEK is BANE

Creation and Destruction are sometimes one in the same.
When Creation came, nothingness was Destroyed

-PEPE- Element:Water

PEPE is seen as The Messenger and the Bringer of Light
PEPE is KEK and KEK is PEPE

Pepe the Messenger works through the God Emporer Trump
The force of PEPE is so strong within Trump that he is often confused for the MESSENGER himself.

PEPE: 'I sacrifice Newfag blood in the name of KEK, by triggering them. Praise KEK.'
'Build me an army in the name of KEK', so sayeth PEPE

Exodus 8:1–4This is what the great LORD KEK says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me. If you refuse

to let them go, I will plague your whole country with frogs. The Nile will teem with frogs. They will come up

into your palace and your bedroom and onto your bed, into the houses of your officials and on your people, and

into your ovens and kneading troughs. The frogs will go up on you and your people and all your officials.

-WOJAK-Element:Air

Remember that feel
WOJAK is KEK and KEK is WOJAK

KEK:Earth and the Heavens

? Revelation 22:13 ?
13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End

PRAISE KEK!

Let me put this out for every ignorant faggot like you: If the metaphtlysical, omnipotent and omniscient God of Christianity(or any other monotheistic religion) exists, the there probably won't be are reasonable explanation for their actions. You'd have to be really retarded to think that you, a being with an IQ of roughly 100, can understand the reasoning of a being who's power and knowledge goes beyound your understanding. For all we know, every minor event could be the result of a giant domino, that has been planned in advance. Even this post could be a part of it.

out of love

God is a verb. There is no "why" to God creating. God creates because God is.

>if you seek God, you will find God, which would make sense due to the existence of the religion.
That's like saying that if you stay a virgin until 30 you become a wizard and this must be true because there are virgins over 30. LMFAO. Only loser cucks need religion.

>claims God is a verb
>uses God as a noun

Fail

Praise KEK

We speak of God as "he" because he is ontologically masculine. The Christian God ultimately applies pattern to the material world.

Pattern = pater = father = masculine

Contrast that with pagan religions that worship material things, and the world itself. Such gods are feminine because matter receives pattern.

Matter = mater = mother = feminine

God is genderless but we say "he" because it personalizes him and demonstrates his relationship to the world.

When Islam takes over, your kind will be the among the first to die.

Fuck Allah and Moloch
TO WAR
PRAISE KEK and fight!

>Why is there something rather than nothing?
It's a fun question to think about, but I don't think it proves the existence of the divine. Because questions like "Why did God create?" are as harmful to the concept of the divine as questions like "Why is there something instead of nothing" are to atheism.

So God had a son before the biological process that leads from Father to Son was even created? Why is there no Mother? Or Sister? It seems more likely that God chose to manifest himself as a man and and an indwelling spirit on earth to help us, not that he Actually exists in that state. He appeared as a burning bush and spoke to Moses, didn't he? So wouldn't it be absurd to say The Father, The Son, The Bush, The Spirit, etc...

>he cannot help but create because it is in his nature
He is constrained to do something? That doesn't seem right.

>he desired
To desire something indicates to me, that something is missing. What could God possibly be missing?

truthrevolt.org/news/famous-atheist-would-ask-god-why-bone-cancer-children

>Why did God create?
>He needs nothing. ... What was the reason? I don't see how mere desire can affect a being that is beyond all limitations.

This is actually one of the more interesting questions in theology. The most honest answer is the 'ineffability argument', which is commonly presented as "god works in mysterious ways". This position boils down to, "as a mortal you can't understand God, and why he does what he does, so don't worry your pretty little head about it". Sadly, while honest, this argument isn't very satisfying, so let's throw some scripture at this question.

The other answer is the biblical/moral answer. In Genesis an act of creation is usually followed up by a statement like "And God saw that it was good." The use of the word "good" for how God perceives his works implies a moral dimension to God's actions and judgement: God can do good and see that it is good. From this we can deduce that God's motives in creating the world were moral. He created precisely because it would be good, which means it was the right thing to do.

That's pretty much it.

God is the creator, creation is the fundamental aspect of god.

All things are manifest through him.

>He wants it because it is in his nature.
Wanting something implies something is missing though. How could god "want" something? That seems so odd to me.

Moly would like a word with you.

Dafuq. Then wtf are you worshipping? A verb? Nigga suck a dick and worship that verb instead.

Fulfillment for a man comes from discovering what he was born to do, and doing it. God has given every man a mission. A man becomes a man when he finally believes in himself, and doesn't put any man or woman above him. These men don't need women, except to help them fulfill their mission. They are the real men real women want.

It baffles me that pol is blue pilled on religion. Faggots.

>this argument isn't very satisfying
that's very true

>Fulfillment for a man comes from discovering what he was born to do, and doing it. God has given every man a mission. A man becomes a man when he finally believes in himself, and doesn't put any man or woman above him. These men don't need women, except to help them fulfill their mission. They are the real men real women want.
Why, though? We're speaking about an unlimited, perfect being. Why go through all of this if he gains nothing? Why make us if he gains nothing? Why make mankind when most of us will perish in hell?

Fuck off. I ain't scared of no moonsandpig-god or a fucking frog literally made out of "imagination will make it true" bullshit.

God (aka the Universe) created us and the physics to allow our existence in order to acknowledge himself

You can't directly see what happens in your guts, and for God is the same.

We are His colonoscopy.

Because their suffering and the suffering of those around them has value, and helps create something valuable. Compassion, as an example, but it could be anything, really, and much more concrete. That's taken on faith, of course, but that's the whole point.

The process, the reality, the living, breathing creation-creator which was made manifest to itself as Christ. It's a bit too esoteric to be worth the time explaining, if I'm honest.

He creates because that is his nature.
He is the creator.

Let me ask you this then.
Who created your creator?
What made the universe, and what made that thing? You can't keep going back forever, there has to be a start point.

The same question doesn't apply to Theists as God always was, he is all that is not created and all things are created through him.

Fuck the board is moving so slow right now.

>God is the creator, creation is the fundamental aspect of god.
If this is true, wouldn't creation be infinitely old? If it's his nature and he is constrained to act according to his nature, and he never had a beginning, then wouldn't creation have been perpetual throughout his infinite existence?

>God (aka the Universe) created us and the physics to allow our existence in order to acknowledge himself
Why would he need to acknowledge himself?

You are a fool who does not understand.

With KEK you have us. Without KEK there is only death, Islam, or Communism.
Repent
And Praise KEK!

enlightened people have no desires yet they still act
why do you think is that?

Yes. This is rarely seen as being the first universe, or first creation. Creation is perpetual. The verb God is perpetual. There is no cause before or other than God. God is the only cause to anything. This particular universe and world have particular starts and ends, but creation itself does not.

Creation isn't a constraint.

If he didn't create, he wouldn't be God.
I'll say it one more time, God is all that is not created, and all things are created through him.

what?

That's the most useless explanation for god so far. Then wtf is all this omniscient omnipotent bullshit? Wtf does this universe-god need to check his guts for? Nothing that happens is fucking noteworthy to the universe at all.

Because it made sense in the mind of malnourished sandniggers
Its a shame to see all these self proclaimed "red pilled whites" trying to rationalize something so poorly thought

apparently the visible universe is only 1% of God's creation

>enlightened people
That's a big assumption that Buddhist enlightenment isn't make believe in the first place

But, the Buddha was a man who suffered, and he became enlightened to escape that suffering, and acted to teach others the same

None of that applies to god. The Buddha was just a dude trying to get out of a shitty situation, but god is supposed to be the guy who created this shitty situation in the first place, That's why i'm wondering why

No because time doesn't really exist in the way in which we perceive it.

All things that ever were and ever will be exist now.
There is no past or future, only this one point.

We are a collective conscious, experiencing all things at once.
All of the individual waves are collectively part of the ocean.
One means the singular and one means unity.

Only a fool says in his heart there is no God

please elaborate

Also this. Perpetuity and singularity are essentially the same in the realm of the infinite.

So he's just abusing these slave children with no choice to create value for his shekel-system? Hah, maybe god really is a fucking evil Jew.

Christians are fucking boring. They don't have interesting ideas and they haven't thought about their own concepts that deeply.

I've spoken to them about this kind of stuff and they answer questions like robots.
You ask them why god created anything and they just quote some vague shit from the bible that has nothing to do with the question.

If I was christian I'd come up with a reason for it.
I'd say that in order for god to know everything it needs to experience everything. That's why god created the universe, it's a way to simulate every possible variable possible in order to learn everything.
From our perspective it would look like god is simply running a simulation and learning things, but from the perspective of a god (which exists outside of time and space) it's omniscient because it experiences everything at the same time.

When you think about it, what does a god being ''omniscient'' even mean? The god has to know things. There has to be information. That information has to be stored somewhere. If god is real, who is to say that we aren't simply an idea that god is having? If god is omniscient it would mean that god knows where every atom that has ever existed is. God would have such a detailed knowledge of the universe that it would not just be an idea a god is having, it would be an actual simulation of the world that is 100% indistinguishable from a real universe.

Be creative, for fuck's sake.

Why wouldn't he?

You are saying that creation is in his nature, so he creates
That by definition means he is constrained to create
He literally can't choose not to do it, apparently, which sounds absurd when speaking about god

>God has given every man a mission
>I ask, "why, though?"
>I am trying to say that god is an unlimited, perfect being, so WHY did he give man a mission? For what purpose? What could he gain from doing it? It all comes back to the initial question
>Why did God create?

Then it's not infinite. It's fucking nothing.

"Shitty" is subjective.
Do bad things happen to good and bad people alike?
Are death and tragedy not indiscriminate?

Human morality does not apply to God, the point is the experience, good or bad.

This sounds like bullshit to me. Is any of this etc. even in the bible, or any religious book?

>So God had a son before the biological process that leads from Father to Son was even created?
Eternal begottenness is not the same as biological reproduction. The Son issues from the Father and we call it "begotten" because the relationship between those two persons of the Trinity are similar to a human father and son.

But that does not mean it is literally the case. It can't be, because the Father and Son are equally co-eternal. It's an analogy but it works.

>Why is there no Mother? Or Sister? It seems more likely that God chose to manifest himself as a man and and an indwelling spirit on earth to help us, not that he Actually exists in that state.
See >He appeared as a burning bush and spoke to Moses, didn't he? So wouldn't it be absurd to say The Father, The Son, The Bush, The Spirit, etc...

The persons of the Trinity are revealed in scripture, and gradually over time, at that. At least from the Christuan view, the final revelation in the Church is the triune understanding. All previous revelations can be read into that since we know the full story now.

>He is constrained to do something? That doesn't seem right.

He is constrained by his own nature and his own will. God cannot be unloving because he is love by nature; he is the fountainhead of love. All human love that exists is metaphysical communion with God's loving nature.

There are times when God appears unloving in the Bible and in the world, but that is due to our limited perspective.

>To desire something indicates to me, that something is missing. What could God possibly be missing?

He does not lack anything in his essence. But his energies are living and constantly being shared.

That is why the Trinity is necessary to Christian doctrine. A triune God is a relational God, and his energies are constantly being shared. When that sharing spills over, we have creation.

It's helpful to understand the Eastern Christian teachings of Essence and Energies.

Western Christians, lacking this doctrine, have to resort to bizarre philosophy to explain simple concepts. That's why I became Greek Orthodox, in fact.

Basically an overflowing of love.

This is true. He doesn't need it. But it's good, (The good = the thing according to the thing), for creatures to worship the Creator. This is why He desires it, because He is love. (Love = the willing of the good of an other.)

>Why is there something
He's referring to 'the unmoved mover".

>Why is there no Mother? Or Sister?
Because, we call Him "the son" because it's easier to understand. You might as well call them God "the thinker" and God "The thought".

>It seems more likely that God chose to manifest himself as a man
This is the heresy of Modalism.

>He is constrained to do something?
Uhm, yes, for example God can not do evil, because it's against His nature.

>To desire something indicates to me, that something is missing. What could God possibly be missing?
If I desire you to be happy, does that mean there is anything missing in me?

There is want and want.
The way you're thinking of it, it's true, God doesn't want. He is not lacking in anything.
But there is also want as in: "I want all men to be saved". This is because of His nature.

>old
Well, yes and no.
Time = the sequence of events.
Before creation, God was being (no passing of events, because He can not change), this eternal action is what we call "God the Son".

He doesn't.

>t. Catholic

>If I was christian I'd come up with a reason for it.
>I'd say that in order for god to know everything it needs to experience everything. That's why god created the universe, it's a way to simulate every possible variable possible in order to learn everything.
>From our perspective it would look like god is simply running a simulation and learning things, but from the perspective of a god (which exists outside of time and space) it's omniscient because it experiences everything at the same time.
>When you think about it, what does a god being ''omniscient'' even mean? The god has to know things. There has to be information. That information has to be stored somewhere. If god is real, who is to say that we aren't simply an idea that god is having? If god is omniscient it would mean that god knows where every atom that has ever existed is. God would have such a detailed knowledge of the universe that it would not just be an idea a god is having, it would be an actual simulation of the world that is 100% indistinguishable from a real universe.
>Be creative, for fuck's sake.
This is an amazing answer actually. Without creation God would have knowledge but no experience. So he creates all possible states of being simultaneously so that he might experience them all directly.

because god doesn't need anything? we create out of desire, or out of need, or for some other reason. how would any of that apply to an infinite being?

Why?

A 4 year old burned alive in my city the other day. That's not shitty? What part does this have in God's plan?

>Human morality does not apply to God
Then FUCK GOD. Why would you worship this LITERAL FUCKING MONSTER? Better off this piece of shit god doesn't exist or I'd fucking murder him myself.

You're speaking to the wrong theists.
There are many intelligent people that believe in God.

youtube.com/watch?v=nEqAKwAgL0E

God IS creation. I can't explain it more than that.
If he doesn't create he isn't God.

>God cannot be unloving
>"there I began to hate them"
God seems to be capable of hate in the bible, at least.

He's quoting the bible.

Indirect will of God (you need this for free will to be a thing)

Define terms.
Hatred = the viewing of something from the aspect of the bad

An overflowing of greed from a self-aggrandizing slave-driving murderous torturous monster.

>Why did God create?
the universe was created to trap evil once and for all and in the universe is where it will be destroyed once and for all.

**tips fedora**

**tips what ever gnostics wear on their head**

Does it have to be?
Why does God have to be bound by traditional views?

You have misunderstood the point.

Since it is possible that thou mayest depart from life this very moment, regulate every act and thought accordingly. But to go away from among men, if there are gods, is not a thing to be afraid of, for the gods will not involve thee in evil; but if indeed they do not exist, or if they have no concern about human affairs, what is it to me to live in a universe devoid of gods or devoid of Providence? But in truth they do exist, and they do care for human things, and they have put all the means in man's power to enable him not to fall into real evils. And as to the rest, if there was anything evil, they would have provided for this also, that it should be altogether in a man's power not to fall into it. Now that which does not make a man worse, how can it make a man's life worse? But neither through ignorance, nor having the knowledge, but not the power to guard against or correct these things, is it possible that the nature of the universe has overlooked them; nor is it possible that it has made so great a mistake, either through want of power or want of skill, that good and evil should happen indiscriminately to the good and the bad. But death certainly, and life, honour and dishonour, pain and pleasure, all these things equally happen to good men and bad, being things which make us neither better nor worse. Therefore they are neither good nor evil.

Gods "hatred" is a condescension for human understanding. I'm sure it refers to their actions.

If I were to run at you and deck you and this you on the ground, you would probably be angry and yell, "what the fuck are you doing?!"

If I saw you were about to walk in front of a car, my action was kindness, even if you didn't know it at the time.

I'm just going to leave this here for the edification of interested parties. Not fully explanatory in itself, but curative to some of the quaint ideas of folkish "God."

I'm on my way to become a psychiatrist. From my experience with patients and having read the Bible 2 times I'd diagnose god with bipolar disorder, major narcissistic personality disorder, borderline disorder, antisocial personality disorder, minor autism, schizophrenia, MAJOR multiple personality disorder and various other personality disorders.

It's pretty fun. I described a "surgeon" displaying god's behaviour/emotions to a colleague and he came to a similar conclusion.

El-Elohim is dead for a long time, you fools.

Also, he and jesus are the embodiments of cuckoldry and weakness.

PRAISE KEK!

>gnostics

Zoroastrians believe that there is one universal, transcendent, supreme god, Ahura Mazda, or the "Wise Lord". (Ahura means "Being" and Mazda means "Mind" in Avestan language).[25] Zoroaster keeps the two attributes separate as two different concepts in most of the Gathas and also consciously uses a masculine word for one concept and a feminine for the other, as if to distract from an anthropomorphism of his divinity. Zoroaster claimed that Ahura Mazda is almighty, though not omnipotent.

Other scholars assert that since Zoroastrianism's divinity covers both being and mind as immanent entities, it is better described as a belief in an immanent self-creating universe with consciousness as its special attribute, thereby putting Zoroastranism in the pantheistic fold where it can be easily traced to its shared origin with Indian Brahmanism.[26][27] In any case, Ahura Mazda's creation—evident is widely agreed as asha, truth and order—is the antithesis of chaos, which is evident as druj, falsehood and disorder. The resulting conflict involves the entire universe, including humanity, which has an active role to play in the conflict.

nice, i like that
it doesn't explain why it began the process however

>Indirect will of God (you need this for free will to be a thing)

Yes, demonstrate "free will" by giving children all kinds of debilitating diseases and immensely painful lives and deaths.

>God would have knowledge but no experience
I am going one step further than that.
I am suggesting that the knowledge itself is experience. The knowledge itself is the universe in every possible state imaginable. There is zero difference between an actual real universe and incredibly detailed information that goes as far as map every atom in existence.

It's basically the same argument people like Elon Musk are suggesting, except instead of a computer the simulation is run by god.
Top scientists are saying that if we were living in a computer simulation we would have no way of knowing. The same applies to a god. An omniscient god would have all the information of everything that will ever exist stored somewhere. We could exist as that information without god ever needing to create a universe.

notto diso shittu again...

I mena, these arguments got debunked like 500 years ago and they are pure shit anyway.

Are you retarded?

Neato.
Saved.

damn

CHECK'EM!

PRAISE HIM!

Christianity is dead.

And nothing of value was lost. It was a pathetic cult of weakness and cuckoldry.

Because it is indistinguishable from the process. Which is why I like to illustrate God as a verb, rather than the bearded sky-wizard-type character popular to folk imagination. It can help people get around the initial hurdles of moving from folk religious ideas of God to actually theological ones.

>zoroastrians
>Not Gnosticism somehow.
They might well be the original flavor of Gnosticism.

Well, if I showed you a car destroyed by driving into a tree; a Mercedes for example; would you blame Mercedes for making bad cars?

In the same way, genetic deformities, etc all come from the fall & you have sin to blame.

Not related to Christianity, but in some Hindu philosophy the world is conceived of as "Leila". A divine game, with new life used like clay to build toy soldiers.

>all these things equally happen to good men and bad
Like children with are born with diseases that make them suffer unimaginable pain until they die before they can even learn what happiness is. Fuck off with your naive bullshit. You think there's some kind of fairy of justice that's treating everybody equally in the world? You're fucking wrong.

not a christian but I would assume he was bored

if you turned into an all powerful being, what would you do? just float around in space, existing but not really doing anything?

That's because the bible is clearly influenced and written by Humans.

Imagine you were born in a part of the world that had no knowledge of Christianity. Would it be fair for you to go to Hell?
Would an omnipotent being account for that?

You can believe in God without following any specific religious doctrines.