If you had a relationship with a replicant, and that replicant died...

If you had a relationship with a replicant, and that replicant died, would you accept a cloned copy of said replicant as a replacement?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It would be really weird.

That's a very good question.

don't they die in like 4-5 years anyway?

if can copy it's data, and just move to another vessel intact, whats the problem?

This is where I get hairy about this type of scenario. It got me thinking weird specifically in a game that tackles this type of issue: Nier Automata.

I feel like even if I copy the data, up to the moment my replicant died to another clone of her. It would absolutely be her, but not mine? It's such a weird thing to think of and it makes me question a number of morals in society that we've already established. Same idea with cloning dead dogs (I saw some article I think recently). Here, let me get my dear dog back, but she's not quite mine? I dont know, shits weird.

Pic related.

what makes us is our mind, if you lose hand, leg, whaveter you can get protestic, odesnt it make you less you?
lets say at some point every part gets replaced, leaving only your mind. i would say it is still you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

The bicentennial man argument. Nice. The future is gonna be real politically weird in the next 100 years or so once this sort of thing becomes mainstream.

well obviously you make them like the robots from futurama, so when they die, their memories are instantly uploaded into a new body, so its the same person, just in the new hotness. i gotta be faithful to my replicantfu

I wonder if a replicant would have any real continuity between the old memory and any new experiences.

Would it continue to grow as a "person" based off the old memories or would it be a new person with access to old experiences

But they're as organic as they get.

Better idea. Get two copies of her.

Yeah.

fuck off viral marketer

nah

they are nearly 100% human. I doubt they could do that.

yeah, model Nexus 6

but Nexus 8 have that normal life span

But her eyes were bigger and more kawaai

im sure whatever lab they are grown in can attach a usb drive to their brain stem

They have undefined lifespan

Cloning is completely different, it's just like making an identical twin of something. A cloned dog would look and act very similar but would obviously be a different individual with different memories.

for you

Yea. As long as it has resume from replay. I’d make myself replicant to be immortal.

lies, ive seen the 6th day, and that dog still recognized arnolds daughter

this already happens to every human since atoms are constantly replaced. the atoms that formed you from a couple of years ago are completely gone.

lmao mein nigger

they're both the same thing, everyday you wake up you're a "newer person" with access to old memories

Walter Benjamin would say that it doesn't really matter

If you had a relationship with a human, and that human's every cell dies in every seven years, would you accept the new copies of said human as a replacement?

just give me my holo waifu and I'll be alright

I don't think you can do that. You could copy memories though

This is called the Ship of Theseus paradox. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

>Nier Automata
Needs a kino adaptation

It's pretty much the end all of the BR universe, not-humans pretending to be humans who work for humans who aren't human either, and they find love.

as long as the pussy module is new and fresh and not refurbished or some OEM shit from an adult model

Did you know she was a replicant goin in?
If so,why not.
If no,that would be so sad.

Would K accept a new Joi?

Same answer as Deckard I guess.

so basically nothing changed? ofcourse.