Physically laugh at Kylo Ren post-face reveal in The Force Awakens

>Physically laugh at Kylo Ren post-face reveal in The Force Awakens
>The Last Jedi trailers actually have me interested in his storyline
So what went right?

You're 2 years older

He was a whiny bitch in the first half of TFA, who got really fucked in the head by the end. I'm curious what they'll do with him too, senpai.

You're an easily duped moron interested in soap opera tier writing?

He was the only thing that was somewhat interesting.

So by comparison to the rest of the new Star Wars storylines, he is all that is good.

actually this is buggin me

went from "girls" sjw make white male weak and embarissing disney corporate lackey

to

i may actually give a fuck about his story line

He's a proper Sith. No, seriously, he's emotional and raw. That's what a Sith is supposed to be, as a direct contrast to the Jedi's lawful good (Or lawful neutral, depending on time period). They're chaotic, impulsive, brash and driven by their desires rather than squashing any emotional connections and attachment, Jedi style. [s] I think Snoke is fucking with Kylo, trying to weaken him by cutting off his emotional connections--and thus his connection to the Dark Side of the force--because of what he's saying in the beginning. Kylo is powerful, and in Sith relationships, the student always--ALWAYS--ends up killing the master eventually. We even see it happen on screen once with Vader/Palpatine. I'm excited to have a proper Sith storyline, and maybe see a proper acknowledgement of Grey Jedi as a valid path in the movie canon. [/s]

>Anonymous 10/11/17(Wed)02:16:44 No.8880
Fuck me, I'm tired. Didn't finish writing spoiler in those. Tl;dr Kylo is a proper Sith and that's interesting as compared to Sith just being 'evil jedi'.

What was he thinking in this moment?

His voice sounds cool in the trailers

But FFS don't you dare pay money to watch this propaganda. Will be plenty of good cams then bluray rips

It's almost like trilogies don't develop the entire character in one movie and things gradually change as the story develops.

It's almost like Luke Ep 4, Luke Ep 5, and Luke Ep 6 were each different.

It's almost like Anakin Ep 1, EmoKin Ep 2, and EmoKin Ultra Ep3 were all different

He has a cool scar now

>cams
>good
NO, user NO THERE WONT BE

His story was the most interesting part of TFA (maybe thats not saying much)
>disgraced son of Princess Leia and Han Solo who killed all Luke Skywalkers lil' jedis
vs
>mystery woman with crazy powers out of no where
plus Adam Driver is probably the best actor in these movies.

Did they change his scar back again? It looked different than in the first trailer but I can't be assed to screenshot and compare the two together and to his wound in TFA

"She's just CGI".

I remember some guy in the cinema cracking up when he first took off his mask in TFA. Was the highlight of the movie for me

It's easier to be interesting for two minutes than two hours.

I wanted more of Finn being a conflicted stormtrooper

It's almost like he's a character with depth and complexity instead of a stereotypical one note villain.

>I still can't figure out how the girl didn't slash out my eyeball. The scar is going through it. Is this all a fever dream?

>DUDE MOTHERKILL LMAO

>I can't get this fucking electrical tape off of my face

But seriously what even is that thing

It's a space band aid to fix his scar

Its getting hot in here.

Half the cinema laughter on opening night.

Hold up im ma kill my brothers and become instant best friends with the guy who killed my last best friend wooo!

To be fair, Poe has a beautiful face

By the end of the trailer he still has it. So looks like it didn't help much.

Kill ourself faggot

No more goofy hair

There is literally nothing gay about wanting Poe to make sweet love to you

90s born queer detected

They knew he looked foolish. They also know that 6 or however many years is more than enough time to mature his appearance for the role.

Literally this.

I like him. Like others said, he's one of the few original concepts in nu-Star Wars. The idea of a non-threatening pretty boy going full edgelord, having tantrums and shit just to "embrace the Dark Side": it almost feels like a parody of the old EU Dark Side.

He kills his dad in order to go full Sith, but it didn't make him stronger at all--it actually messed with his head, to the point where even an ex-stormtrooper could stand up to him in a lightsaber match, at least until he shook it off. He clearly still loved his dad a little, and it honestly seems like he's not meant to be an evil person.

He wants the power of the Dark Side, but literally everything about his life says that he's not meant to be that way. He's not actually scary, heartless, or even all that angry, so he has to overcompensate for all of these things, to the point where it backfires and becomes meme-worthy, all because that's how the Dark Side works.

The trailer make him look more like a silly caricature of a man than the beta faggot emotional manchild he is in TFA.

That's literally his intended character arc, so I guess everything

but him and Ray were the only non-cucked characters in girls

I'll tell you what...
His character is good. His future is uncertain and we do not know how is it going to end for him.
They actually created an interesting character, and I am so happy it is a character from the dark side, it makes it even more intriguing.
He is an interesting punk bitch ;)

t. Pajeet

Rey is just so shitty as a character that he comes off as compelling. Also, little boys will naturally gravitate towards male role models and they ain't feeling anything with Rey.

that's a pretty ugly dog

Kylo Ren was the only actual character in TFA.

ray has a gross mouth

Kylo Ren was always good.

Fragile or conflicted characters are more compelling

He's not a mary sue like a-certain-someone

He starts out as this huge fucking joke and then shocks you with his sheer balls. He tries, super hard - and maybe still doesn't succeed. He's troubled, doesn't know who he is, isn't sure what he wants, makes mistakes. Shit gets messy. Maybe, just maybe, you can relate to that?

Fucking everyone can relate to that.

People laughed at my theater during the face reveal too. It made me feel bad cause I don't find it that ugly.

... am I ugly?

He's not ugly, just goofy looking. I laughed. He was pretty easy to laugh at.

Tons of kids wanted to be Darth Vader (minus the eternal suffering).

and I predict after this next movie humanizes him, tons of kids will relate to, if not want to be, Kylo Ren

>I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!
>Now THIS is podracing!
Either one

>Fucking everyone can relate to that.
Not me.

This
What makes Kylo Ren so good is the way they probably came up with the idea
>We need a villain as good and iconic as Darth Vader
>Realize this is impossible to do without seeming like tryhards/unoriginal/bad writers
>Literally incorporate that fear into the villain
Normies laugh at Kylo because they don't understand the sensuality that character has

Congratulations, you will receive a Snoke mask within 2 months for your shilling on Sup Forums

nah he doesn't look threatening despite what he is in the movie

>Sup Forums retard falls for marketing

Or perhaps, he is the marketer.

You seriously sound like a pussy.

Pssh nothing personnel kid

>Pickle Rickers in the house tonight

Is that blue steel?

You can probably relate to sitting on a bench, filling your brain with awful thoughts

Rewatch TFA, his scenes and character are some of the only compelling storytelling in it.

Just like with Anakin plebs mistake their dislike of character attributes for actually disliking how the character is portrayed.

By the end of the trailer he's taken it off. Also, compare how fuckhueg that scar was in TFA with how small it is at the end of the trailer. The bandaid did a good job.

why they neither have bacta nor kolto in ~35 ABY anymore is beyond me.

>Pickle Rick is in the house tonight

>sensuality
Are you fucking retarded?

>if you clean your vacuum, are you a vacuum cleaner?

>So what went right?
They're taking a botched plot element from the prequels and doing it right-ish.

Should I be Kylo ren for Halloween?

only if you dont ruin it with a cheap shitty plastic lightsaber from walmart

You're too old for that shit faggot

Whole theatre laugher whaen i watched it.

severely underrated

He is just Darth Vader v2.0 and does some heroic shit befor he dies in 3rd movie.

I'd say a good 1/4 of my theater was chuckling. I was with them honestly. Such a shitty villain.

>"Physically laugh at Kylo Ren post-face reveal in The Force Awakens"
You're a normalfag and need to go back to kikebook

>The Last Jedi trailers actually have me interested in his storyline
He was a good character in the first movie, i'd even say the only good character so far, you were just to busy being retarded

>How to paint yourself as a complete idiot on the internet the post

He looked fucking retarded user.

He's the only character in nu-star wars with an actual backstory.

Might make the movie worth watching, I don't know.

>He looked fucking retarded user.
Remember his autist fit, hacking the comm station with his crooked-ass lightsaber in a torrent of pure sperg rage and then the stormmemers look at each other and comically back away

I knew in that moment that Sup Forumsirgins would relate profoundly to such 'tism, but I figured there'd be enough self-awareness to at least admit his character sucked the whole way through and was hella gay / lame enough to make Han Solo's death palpably embarrassing

He made Paterson

Sorry to break it to you but literally only plebs laughed at that scene.

If anyone created a "Characters women/plebs cannot understand" chart, Kylo should probably be there.

I think Wants to suck him off

What is with these niggers saying Finn was "friends with literally everyone in the first order lmao". They didn't even say that in the books and you sure as hell cant assume that he was friends with everyone when he was friends with one person from his platoon.

Finn, Kylo, and Poe should've been the MCs

>SUPER BATTLE DROID! TAKE 'EM DOWN!

Bro, it's a Kathleen Kennedy Disney Wars movie, don't kid yourself that there's anything in the movie that anyone old enough to grow out of BB-8 diapers didn't understand

Are you also a Le Plagueis memer, my good shill?

Do you circlejerk TR8R?

>Go through the trouble of making a pretty badass mask for character
>Hardly wears mask in majority of shots he's in
Why don't they have him wear his mask more it's a pretty cool design and it seems wasted

>Finn
That character made no sense.

This is the most reddit post I've read all week.

the only part that made no sense is that his only real motivation for what he did in the firat movie was just to fuck Rey.

Character design - and to a much, much lesser extent set design - was the saving grace of TFA

Kylo is literally instantly legendary character design. Remember what a phenomenon he was after the first trailer. Dude was one of the most purchased Halloween costumes two months before his movie even came out. Phasma's design was tops too

The problem was that literally nothing else in the movie was good

Not sure why Rogue One character designs sucked so much...

>doesn't like war
>doesn't like killing civilians
>concludes they are crazy
>goes awol
>accepts that these fuckers gonna gut him the moment he tries to escape
>at first tries fleeing with no casualties
>stuck to door
>sees stormies trying to gut him
>kills them to avoid, ya know, being killed himself
>main motivation is clearly defined as running away through Jakku sequence and cantina bar sequence
>finally mans up when he realizes FO a crazy enough to kill billions
It's the black Luke heros journey. Now if you want to argue whether or not it's a copy, that's a debate for another time.

>Phasma
>Literally just a chrome stormtrooper
>Good

kylo is easily the best character to come out of star wars since sheev

Some how his lack of indoctrination slips under everyone's radar, despite being part of the first order his entire life. Leaves the first order after seeing his best friend killed, becomes instant best friends with the guy who killed his former best friend. Takes great joy hooting and hollaring while he kills his brothers even though he was traumatized by being in a battle where he does nothing. Stupid fucking character.

Its the one good thing about the new trilogy. And with the next one it looks like he's going to get a shitload of spotlight.
I'm hesitant but I have hopes, it looks like they might actually pull off some good movies