quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPvvPTQaMI
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
nandeno.com/
pastebin.com/mk3J411W
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on,
Ask for an invite in the thread.

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPvvPTQaMI

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

Cool. never been first in on of these things.

working on my two main webcomic girls Faruine Stardust(left) and her big sister Fera Stardust(right) watching some fire works

coming soon!

it's a good feeling isn't it?

Huh, lucky yo catch this before heading to sleep.

Close to finishing my second page here.

yeah that is some good progress. i love your splosion. has the little shrapnel trail lines and everything

Does this end with Pepe climbing out of the ashes?

wip bump

greatly reduced quality to upload on linksys shit internet :/

shiny hair and highlights bump!

i have no idea how to fucking shade this...

also ignore the tittle and date, this is my first sketch of the year

>i have no idea how to fucking shade this...

Just randomly throw shadows anywhere, same way you shade everything else.

It's been a productive few days, so I am getting started on some holiday cards for patrons for next year since I'm waiting on my assistant to ink. Really excited about starting my next storyline next week.

I'm planning on doing a Haunted Mansion themed card with my characters in the classic stretching portraits.

keep all shadows near the center of each character since the light source is in front of them

?????????

LIKE THIS?????????????

i have no idea what you mean.... i am but a humble beginner good sir

thanks for the advice ^^

Yup, that's random alright. Add a few extra vanishing points too.

I have the rough sketch down now. Basically it's the famous Haunted Mansion stretching portraits, but I swapped in my webcomic characters. Gonna ink it later today.

imma sleep on it

happy new years everybody

What's the story gonna be about? And where are you posting it?

Guess I'll just let it out.

It's about an older brother named Aaron who wants to focus on working hard to support him and his younger brother Nate. Even when the older brother received super powers, Aaron would much rather work and not risk losing his life, worrying for Nate's future for a happy life. But Nate loves super heroes, so Aaron goes out and be a hero on his spare time from work just to make Nate happy.

I have like their entire arc set up and spent a lot of time solidifying it.

That sounds good, the reluctant hero stories are always interesting. So where are you posting the comic?

As for where, I might just make a WordPress or Tumblr page.

Comic will be called No Play.

Looks good so far. Good compositions.

You know you can change the color of the UI to dark right? That's a personal preference for me at least, the bright white layout just bothers my eyes, especially when working at night.

Oh so you don't have a place yet. In that case mind posting page 1? I seem to have missed it.

Oh man, that makes me nostalgic

Anyhow,didn't have time to update last week because I was constantly out doing stuff during Christmas break. Fun times, though

>zero posts
Are all /hyw/ posters normies that got wasted after new years? I guess that's why you're comics never improve.

these threads are a waste, just let them die

I prefer the light UI for whatever reason, going dark would throw me off too much. Thanks though.

yeah if youre gonna draw light you might as well let the UI match or it's just harsher contrast

>that got wasted
or are with family and away right now
even robots have to confront their family once a year

oh man if carrion girls guy shows up.. that is some amazing realistic shading even for you

quick sketch doodle of Fera bump!

>TFW too intelligent to write

>tfw you daydream of stories all day but all motivation evaporates as soon as you get to the computer

WIP of a new Saffron and Sage character. I wonder who she is?

someone who thought it would be fun to microwave a jawbreaker

Is that a female Zuko?

That's a mean thing to say, user D:

honestly of all the permanent disfigurations, burns seem to be amongst the best. they can almost look cool

>posting the same image 4 times
Stop.

Wrong, missing limbs are the bast, that is if they get cool robot arms. If the setting has no such technology, then the blind fighter trope is the best.

blindness isn't a disfiguration though
and yeah obviously if you had replacement limbs that's awesome looking
if you were out of eyes, robo eyes are cool looking, but just being blind isn't cool LOOKING., it's just impressive

You're right it's not a disfiguration, but it can look good sometimes. I kinda like the clear eyed look.
Sorry for using anime examples twice in a row. Don't ban me, Mods!

yeah that's an interesting one. They do that for blindness or for hypnosis. the latter sort of makes sense, as the eyes 'glaze over' so their shininess is interrupted, but unless it's meant to represent cataracts, the former is a weird choice.

That might actually be an interesting topic of discussion: do you feel like it's possible to make up any new comic shorthands and expressions? Obviously a century ago people thought so, and kept inventing them

Long time lurker here. I want to make a 4 strip gag a day (couple times a week, let's be real) in the vein of early Sinfest, maybe some full spreads like Octopus pie.

Only problem is I'm using gimp. Pen settings are really hard to manipulate to make it flow natural like pencil on paper.

What are all y'all drawing programs/tablet settings/preferred work steps? Help a n00b out, I'm going to change the pace of the 21st century.

clipstudio/mangastudio all the way son

A little pricey, but good to know that one in particular. Guess I'll save up, thanks senpai

it's like the cheapest program around, isnt it like 40 bucks? compared to photoshop which is either in the hundreds or charges every month

It's 50. I like internet comics, you think I'm made of money?

Also, does Sup Forums have an auto filter or something? Or are the mods just cheeky? Turned "senpai" to "senpai."

>Turned "senpai" to "senpai."
How new are you?

isn't it the entirety of Sup Forums that does that?

in any case, go ahead and pirate it now til you can afford it. I trust you.

i just posting from last thread.

Working on issue #5 of my webcomic, The Catholic Monster.

Just did this so far

>i'm-a the freakin' pope!
the faces look a bit inconsistent but i like your coloring

Is it too distracting? I hope to get better at faces soon

A wall of text, this triggers my ADD. It better be important to the plot.

ONLY time I've done it, I swear. All the other issues were stupid action scenes with little plot, I wanted to sacrifice TWO pages to work some real plot

Alright, man, I'll believe you. But got a place where I can see the rest of it? Googling the name didn't help.

Been updating my webcomic NANDENO for over a year. nandeno.com/
It's sort of a slice of life comic with really stupid, crude humor. Here's the most recent page from the current story arc.

ehhh who can say

i love the stupid crude humor in this comic. the latest arc hasnt exactly pulled me in but it's all good
the art has gotten a lot better too, though I feel like lately it's kind of looking like it's pasted from templates when it clearly isnt

The FB page is called Art Of Herbie Grimm
The pinned photo has links for all the issues in HD

That's why you WRITE shit down. Constantly keep a notebook and take note of any daydreams you have.

Thank you. I really hope the next few pages can pull you in. It's my first longer arc so I'll try to learn from it and make the following arcs better. Any particular reason it looks pasted from templates? Is there any way I could improve upon that?

If you have a character talking that much, try condensing what he says to smaller amount of words but still meaning that same as what he is originally trying to get across.

If you have so much text it will overwhelm the reader and will probably get bored of wanting to read all that.

Gotta have the reader in mind and how to keep their attention and not bore them. This is a visual medium, try to "show more, tell less."

Yeah, that was the idea. It's issue five, the previous four issues were almost wordless. It's time to slow down and talk about what's been happening.

>give advice
>asked to back it up
gah, I wasn't ready! It's just kind of a feeling, or taste..
I guess in Supper's case I can say it's the regular geometry, the lack of a lot of different angles

I'm okay with walls of text when necessary. it just means that's how the story is. you just don't want a ton and you sure as fuck don't wanna START your comic with one unless it's reaallly enthralling. and even then try to break it up into more pages.

fuck, I've been doing my best to use more interesting angles but I'll just have to work even harder on that. Thank you!

Try playing with line weights more, a lot of it feels jarring and scratchy in some places.

I can tell you referenced the pope's face in panel one and the anatomy is really off. Maybe try not to replicate his face too hard, and just borrow a few elements that stand out and work with that.

Thanks.

More pages? Or you mean more panels? Either way, he probably shouldn't have mountains of text if he can help it, unless all the details are crucial.

No problem.

Just please learn from your missteps and improve, unlike some people here...

I try to practice anatomy every day. I hope to get better with every monthly issue. Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, I'll work in the lineweight.

Well I mean, panel 5 is a slightly-underneath shot of kristi, but her expression is so identical to panel 2 that it doesnt come off that way, and the scene is still perfectly horizontal head-on to every other character and the house.

I mean I'm really guilty of this too, and I don't even think it's a super bad thing. It's just that when you combine it with such clean, consistent art, it starts to make you feel like this is maybe a little too perfect

either one. point is give the audience something to enjoy while they learn. if the text is that important, and it should be if you have that much, there must be something else you can draw to represent some of it. a flashback, a closeup on a face expressing how it affected him, something.

You're right, I should've paid more attention to that. I honestly took the easy way out with the house because i'm awful at drawing buildings. I gotta practice that more. Thanks again.

Right. I tried explaining adding more panels to keep the reader's interest up by showing more panels and help enhance the narrative visually as well as with dialogue. They can try setting atmosphere or even a certain visual story along with dialogue.

Bendis gets away with splash pages of text though.

and there's nothing wrong with that. it's a simple comedy comic after all

Just because he gets anyway with it doesn't mean it's always ok.

He gets away with writing obviously bad comic events like CWII and still keeps getting work.

I'm just saying it IS a resource used by professional writers.

Yes, it is.

what's the comic on the right from?

all me, 7 years difference

So I've been thinking of making comics from my tabletop games. Only thing is, I have a few ideas and I'd like a few stories going rather than just one long ongoing story. Kind of like Oglaf does, but organized better so you can choose to read a particular story if you so wished. I've never made a webcomic before though, do you guys think this would be a shit idea? pic related is an example of my art and also one of the main characters it would revolve around

Great style, could you link your comic and/or art please?

Thanks, here's the link
pastebin.com/mk3J411W

Great design, the eyes are derpy though. As it is now I can't tell any personality this character might have.

>appeal to authority

Not my point.

sounds like it'd be hard to do well. God knows Oglaf doesn't do it that well, I never notice their continuity until someone points it out in one of the rare Sup Forums threads.
One thing you could do perhaps is to archive them both ways, and with each new entry into that side story, you post links to the previous ones, or to that sub-archive.
what's with her cape thing? her arms go through it, but on one side it ends at the elbow but then continues behind the arm?

Not an argument.

Why'd I have to defend a point I didn't make?

it may not be the best debate point but it's a valid defense

Basically you'd have a bunch of different webcomics sporadically updating on the one site?

It's not a terrible idea, but it'll be hard to keep people invested when the story they like doesn't update regularly.

looks cute, show us some comics