I was considering storytiming 1 Punisher story per day all year long (or alternatively just 1 issue)...

I was considering storytiming 1 Punisher story per day all year long (or alternatively just 1 issue), but I'm not sure I'll even have time for that, so I'm going to try for at least 1 per week and more if possible.

And since it's the 1st day of the year, we might as well start with the 1st ever Punisher comic (not counting his appearances in other characters' books or anthologies/etc.), Steven Grant and Mike Zeck's original Punisher miniseries aka Circle of Blood.

Most of the storytimes I'll post in the future will be pre-Ennis material, since Ennis' run has been posted and reposted to death on this board. I'll try to eventually cover most of the Baron and Dixon runs and will definitely be storytiming all of Punisher Armory. But I don't have any exact plan, so really I'll just post whatever the fuck I want to. Expect to see some of the Potts run as well as random issues by lesser known writers that you might not usually see talked about. Some Ennis and/or post-Ennis material is also a possibility. I'm also not opposed to taking requests for future storytimes.

Anyway...

PUNISHER: CIRCLE OF BLOOD

STORYTIME

KEEP THIS BUMPED IF YOU'RE READING SO THAT WE CAN GET THIS DONE ASAP

This is pretty much the best art you will ever see in a Punisher comic and some of the best art you will ever see in a comic period.

This was one of the first trade paperbacks I bought, almost 30 years ago. Great stuff.

This was the first big Punisher solo story I read. Great stuff.

>soda bottle silencer
>slows the bullet down so much that it can't pass a mattress

Is this actually true? Can anyone confirm?

Bump

Fucking CLASSIC cover. In a series with nothing but 10/10 covers, this is probably the best of them all.

note: "Éjszaka" means "the night" in Hungarian. Curious name for a Mafioso.

Boss Morgan was retconned into having survived in Christopher Priest's Black Panther.

dat last panel face

>Frank explicitly caring for the innocents
Not muh Punisher.