Opinions on this film?

Opinions on this film?

Sexy Mouse Time was the only bad part of the film, because it was a pointless song featuring non-characters that added nothing to the film whatsoever.

Everything else is great, though.

Ratigan's great; everyone else is fine but less memorable by comparison; I still don't like the little girl and I'm not sure why.

It's generally pretty entertaining all the way through but maybe not incredibly memorable, up until the Big Ben sequence which is the best part of the movie.

I like it overall, probably, but don't really have strong feelings on it. It is pretty underrated as far as Disney movies go but I can sort of see why because anthro mice in a human world paralleling Sherlock Holmes does seem like a really out-there concept compared to Disney's typical folk/fairytale adaptations. I wonder how many people had even heard of the whole Basil of Baker Street books before this movie.

That scene was weirdly risque for a Disney movie

Pretty sure it's only in the movie to turn people into furries

who directed this?

What are you gay?

best animated Disney feature

For a "detective movie" there sure is not a lot of mystery to be found. From the beginning we know who the villain is, and around the middle we learn what his plan is, without Basil even knowing about it himself.

vincentpriceandsexymousegirl/10

>it's only in the movie to turn people into furries

I call shenanigans.

One of those properties I'd love to see licended for a comic series.

I just want to see more of the adventures of Basil.

I'm hoping Andrew Jupin's mini-freak out on Twitter means the We Hate Movies gang is going to do an episode on TGMD. They're so much better at making fun of weird furry shit than other people on the net. Most people are like "Hahaha, I BET THIS MADE FURRIES" and the WHM guys, they EMBRACE it

That's off model fetish art made after the fact.
She was nowhere near as hot in the original movie.

god if i got Maid Marion pregnant I would be terrified but so aroused- a fearboner

Maybe it's just me, but her movie version's close. Her tits are smaller and she's a conservative dresser, but I still think she's furry-attractive on-model.

What has happened to Ron Musker and John Clements? Great Mouse Detective, Little Mermaid and Aladdin are all GOAT Disney films.

Hercules and Treasure Planet are just big messes.

But Princess and the Frog and Moana are so PAINFULLY generic. I could tell what was going to happen every minute.

Their standby formula of taking a culture as a setting is getting more and more tired.

>Song establishing the setting
>Female lead 'I Want' song
>Comic relief song
>Villain song
>Emotional reprise

And I fucking groaned when they set up that Moana wanted to leave her home and explore but her father and society didn't. Maybe the single most overused story element in animated movies.

I remember seeing this one-off in a Disney magazine.

In the comic they have Olivia return and Fidget as a henchman turned sidekick, like they did with Iago.

I've always thought The Great Mouse Detective would make a good animated series, like they did with Aladdin.

Ratigan going full feral was so fucking awesome.

Great stage control and she doesn't miss a beat.

There was also a small run of German comics. You can read them with the speech balloons transcribed in English. Just google Great Mouse Detective comics.

Robin Hood is the first official furry movie. It's not just animals that can walk/talk, it's a whole movie about a world of anthropomorphized animals.

Even in the Great Mouse Detective they're regular mice living in the human world.

You said it yourself, it's a detective movie, not a mystery. They didn't set up multiple possible suspects, they let you know right away Ratigan is the culprit, even Basil knows that much.

The fun is watching Basil work the case and follow the clues.

And for that matter, we don't find out what precisely Ratigan is planning until it happens. We can work it out based on everything we see, after all it's a kids film, but Ratigan never says "I'm going to have a mechanical replica of the Queen mother appoint me as her royal advisor and usurp the throne"

Basil turned me furry