The holy trinity of shitty overrated millenial movies

The holy trinity of shitty overrated millenial movies

Go away pleb

There Will Be Blood is great

replace twwb with either or both blade runners tbqh

What shit taste.
The only objectively awful film there is Inception. Fuck that meme-within-a-meme flick very much.

But simply because a film is talked to death and overrated doesn't make it bad.

I like animes

Name 1 (ONE) thing wrong with ncfom

>twbb
A film that exposes the underexposed to cinema time after tiem, but PTA is the dictionary definition of entry level cinema. He not only steals from better directors, but he does it without any irony like Tarantino.

I am personally fine with it though. Because through PTA, all these freshmen college students will discover Robert Altman, who was the real deal. They will discover Scorsese, the most important American film director of our time, they will discover Kubrick, and the Coen Bros.

Through Altman, they will discover Renoir, through Kubrick, they will discover Ophuls, Scorsese to Fellini. Suddenly they realize PTA was just a child with no original thoughts in his head, that his films just revolve around quoting better directors while adding epic catch phrases like "I drink your milkshake!" and "Pig fuck!" Really there is no bigger clue in to how meaningless his cinema is when the only thing people discuss when mentioning his movies are 'le epic catch phrases, dude!'

You might say great artist steal, but what Picasso meant by this is that great artists are able to understand what works and manipulate it. PTA merely 'mimics'. This is why it is completely obvious who he is mimicking from film to film.

Inception is nowhere near the other two.

lol i wrote a 10-page paper on there will be blood in university, it was for "cultural geography" (mandatory course), and how "space and place" play a key role in the narrative of the film. load of bullshit but it was an easy 4.0

actually now that i think back i wrote two, one for there wil be blood and the other on bladerunner, that one was about urban spaces

Maybe 2049
Plebs love it and think its better than the 80s one

If you can't enjoy PT Anderson kino then you are lost

>Putting Inception on the same level as NCFOM or TWBB

Shameful.

I actually agree.

Moron.

Nah replace it with drive

calling me why favorite movie overrated

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PTA is a bigger hack than nolan, inarritu, (richard) kelly, the other two andersons, and tarantino combined nerd

nowhere better or awful?

Reminder

Assassination > giant gap > NCFOM > giant gap> dog shit > giant gap > TWBB

Your opinion is total dog poo.

He cant

There is absolutely nothing wrong with TWBB and NCFOM

agree about no country

very boring and pointless flick

this but unironically

AOJJ is the best film made in the last 100 years

Watch more films

It's a flick.

The director version and yes the guy on the right(kevin fiege) is a ghost director

literally no one gives a fuck

there will be blood is fucking awful. Anyone who legitimately liked that movie up to and including that shitty shrill violin music that made me want to rip my ears off can go fuck themselves.

Stupid MUH MILKSHAKE pseudointellectual garbage.

>the only thing people discuss when mentioning his movies are 'le epic catch phrases, dude!'

confirmed for being too stupid to understand PTA and condemning his work as a defense mechanism

>ow the music hurts my ears
>this film doesn't have enough action
>why won't this movie think for me?
>nothing is happening
>DDL sounds funny

This is you. This is what you sound like.

>The holy trinity of great films that will be viewed as timeless for decades to come whilst plebs shit on them order to feel contrarian and superior but only succeed in making themselves look stupid

>normies are able to recognize good movies for being good
>this is a bad thing

What the fuck do you want?

>watched them once and now thinks hes a huge movie bfuf

>spelled buff wrong

I'm not sure how I could prove this to you, but TWBB is one of the best films to come out of the last twenty years and I watch it multiple times a year. The scene where oil derrick burns should be studied in film school.

>Inception
You have a point
>the other two
Pure bait and Blade Runner 2049 is kino too, we are onto you

The Will Be Blood is literally the greatest movie ever made and DDL is literally the greatest actor of all time.

The other way round buddy

Inception is a finely crafted heist film that sets itself apart by having more going on than the usual heist film.

There Will Be Blood is a historial biopic, somewhat of a throwback to the silent era, as well as sprawling character-driven epics shot in entirely real locations like Lawrence Of Arabia and other Lean epics, but with a far darker story featuring a profoundly disturbed main character.

No Country For Old Men is a crime drama/thriller that is elevated by a very downbeat, existentially poignant ending that is designed for plebs to scratch their heads over.

The fact that you would mention these three films in the same sentence as if they are remotely similar or comparable just shows that you did not understand them or haven't even seen them.

Literally the only comparison to be drawn is that lots of people liked them and you didn't. So they must be overrated! You are a sad user.

One of these things is not like the other

Imagine being this much of a pleb

Why is inception in with these? Fuck off you muppet

hello bluepill

there was nothing thought provoking about the entire movie. It just had overly dramatic music playing to a nothing scene every fucking minute.

What did you find good about the film?

>sprawling character-driven epic
>literally no character development
>no heroism or heroic characters
>brown and bloom the movie

movie was shit on a film canvas

TWWB and No Country are good movies but Blood is better.

>Blood is better

wrong opinion

>>literally no character development
Brainlet
>>no heroism or heroic characters
No need for that shit, unless you're a brainlet. If that's the case, read above
>>brown and bloom the movie
Refer to the first point

Part 1:
I thought the cinematography was atmospheric and very attentive to detail. I thought Daniel Plainview was a very interesting character. Capable and driven but also a complete sociopath. The movie is sort of old fashioned in the way it takes you through his entire life from humble beginnings to the end of his life, but it's given a new perspective because the character we're focusing on is not the typical earnest hero who we want to see succeed. Watching his career advance at the expense of those around him is more horrifying than anything, and I thought that was fascinating. I thought the performances were exceptional across the board. Paul Dano holds the screen with a giant like DDL, and even though he's always great this was perhaps the performance of his that felt the most like a fully fledged person to me. I can relate to him, in ways that I find troubling. But he's also someone to emulate because of his sheer force of will. That contradiction to me is interesting. The film provides no easy answers for how to live one's life, in that way.

NCFOM is great though.

Part 2:
And yes, I thought the score was masterful, perhaps one of the best in any film in decades. Music is usually bland, samey orchestral nothingness that hits every familiar beat and blends into the background. This score utilized strange techniques and experimental percussion, and it informed the atmosphere in a big way. It was also used sparingly, but in all the right moments. I liked that the film was given time to breathe, each scene plays out with room to spare. Much better than the impatient and epileptic way most films are edited now which rarely serves to get any kind of emotion out of me other than irritation. I appreciated all the clear time and effort that was put into period accuracy, from the costumes, set construction, and all the detail given to the oil drilling as well as the silver mining at the beginning. Lots of juicy details. I'm pretty ignorant on the subject so it was interesting for me to see how it was all done, and when I looked it up afterwards and found the film to be very slavishly accurate to history, it just made me like it even more. There's also definitely some interesting commentary about religion going on. Paul Dano's character represents the prevalence of irrationality and self-delusion present in any form of religious organization no matter how small. But at the same time, we see that Plainview is not a better alternative. He has no scruples. His lack of belief is just as much of a self-destructive condemnation as it is a provider of freedom to pursue his success. But in order to prevent turning the film into a bland morality tale about Plainview destroying everyone around him to get ahead, he also makes great effort to improve the livelihood around him, using his newfound wealth and influence to improve conditions in the town and so on. Digging wells, building schools. The film doesn't allow any easy answers in that regard, and that's truer to life than your usual manifest destiny b.s.

>wtf the character made all these great accomplishments and at the end he still felt like the same shitty person, no character development. 0/10

That's the fucking point you moron

Only Inception is overrated.

If he didn't develop as a character, nor performed anything heroic, its not an 'epic' you fucking pseuds.

Its just a shitty jarring film about a mean oil tycoon who fails to make anyone give a shit about anything that happens.

kek

>since Scarlett O'Hara is a bitch all the way through Gone with the Wind isn't an epic
inbredwojak.jpg

I....I think he's being serious.

He's right you know

Feel like the martian should be on there or even interstellar.

It's funny because I genuinely hate all three of these movies.

Perhaps TWBB and NCFOM are indeed overrated, but they're also actually good and deserve praise.
Assuming you want to keep one per director, then you need a Villeneuve. My inclination is Prisoners, but I haven't seen the new BR and judging by the fact that people are calling it their favorite movie of all time, maybe it should be that one instead. Then you need a Aronofsky, maybe Requiem? Not sure, but if you want the truly "painfully mediocre but overrated by people with no taste" then those are the three directors you want

the cinematography was bland as fuck? The music was also rubbish strewn together to make it seem scary or intense when in reality nothing was even happening. It was like a cheap jump scare score but for suspense instead of a fright

>the thing is not included
Lmao