Just ordered this complete HC

Just ordered this complete HC.
What am I in for?
It's been years since I read any X books, do I need to read anything prior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vkOJ9uNj9EY
comicbook.com/marvel/2016/12/26/brian-michael-bendis-says-goodbye-in-his-final-guardians-of-the-/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing happens, the comic.
Bachalo´s art makes it somewhat bearable.

Next time, pirate it before spending money on a HC.

That big Bendis on the cover didn't deture you at all huh OP?

You just have to know that Cyclops is right.
Also play this while reading
youtube.com/watch?v=vkOJ9uNj9EY

>What am I in for?
Disappointment

At best it's like a bad cover band playing Claremont's greatest hits

Best Waifu until the Oath arc.

God, Bendis always shits the bed.

beast was also right. cyclops' actions did lead to the deaths of others, specifically someone who would have been against cyclops' actions even more than beast

I wonder how she felt about cyclops dying, considering she went into the timestream to always keep an eye on him to make sure he didn't fuck up anything or some such bullshit

>time travel

why was bendis allowed to continue the temporal bullshit? you'd think after the stuff with beast that bendis would stay away from it. more double standards

>why was bendis allowed
Because no editor is going to tell him no

>What am I in for?

Disappointment. Bendis spends all his time developing the new kids and does very little with the main X-Men.

>It's been years since I read any X books, do I need to read anything prior?
Morrisson's run
Whedon's run
all of Messiah Complex and AvX

why? is bendis some special brat that got a good job he doesn't deserve because he knows someone at disney?

I bet when you say no to Bendis, he makes the room stop talking and intimidates you.

>Bachalo´s art makes it somewhat bearable.
This is really all youll get out of the comic
Bendis once again proves that nothing he writes is worth more than cheap toilet paper

>Just ordered this complete HC.

maybe he has very powerful farts he can threaten people with

Half a story, most of the important things happen in the All-New X-Men half too.
Overall it wasn't too bad, if you can stand the crossover stories, all of which are the worst, and the fact that X-23 is written completely out of character.

Beast fuck off. No one likes you anymore.

>bought without researching one bit
>not about the writter
>not about the story
ha ha, you remind me of me when i first started reading comicbooks. I actually bought this exact same book.

you are in for:
>a story with a good premise terribly executed
>everyone hating scott
>nothing happening for several pages
>bendis wanting you to like his very own oc's
>Bendis speak...
>Bendis speak?
>Bendis speak.

other than that, bachalo art makes it bearable and also makes the characters look cute.

>Just ordered this complete HC.

Talk about waste of money.

>What am I in for?

Consistently shit writing. With barely anything of note happening. Occasionally with some good art.

>It's been years since I read any X books, do I need to read anything prior?

Oh sweet summer child... It's almost better if you don't read anything from the past decade when it comes to the flagship X-men books. Especially with the current ongoing books.

Marvel Unlimited, so cheap, and you can read comics from back when Marvel was good.

Pretty much this.
Slow build-up but no payoff. Expect continuity errors because editors aren't allowed to do their jobs when Bendis is working under them.
But for real though, in one of the last issues he uses Cyclops as a mouthpiece to admit he had no idea what he was doing and wasted everyone's time. He immediately left both X-books after making Iceman gay in the second-to-last issue and getting to write #600 of Uncanny because he had no interest in continuing either stories (aka know X-Men movies had been announced yet)

Not really

Bendis basically only started pandering Scott/bashing Beast, because the book was doing horribly in terms of no one giving a fuck about it.

He only went full retard bashing Beast and shilling Mutant Hitler, because he want the braindead CBR message board poster demographic to suck his dick and silence all complaints about how badly he shitted the bed.

See also him outing Iceman; designed to make it impossible to talk about how horrible his run was.

It's a good run, just stay away from Sup Forums it really is a good run, they do some difference things with the series which also shirrs debate.

>Pretty much this.
> (OP)
>Slow build-up but no payoff. Expect continuity errors because editors aren't allowed to do their jobs when Bendis is working under them.
>But for real though, in one of the last issues he uses Cyclops as a mouthpiece to admit he had no idea what he was doing and wasted everyone's time. He immediately left both X-books after making Iceman gay in the second-to-last issue and getting to write #600 of Uncanny because he had no interest in continuing either stories (aka know X-Men movies had been announced yet)

He actually quit because of the "No New Mutant Character" edict that went into effect about halfway through his run.

Bendis was pissed off that he could not make any new characters and get royalties/shove them onto other writers.

quite possibly the worst X-men run

cancel it if you can ASAP

That and Bendis pissed off everyone at Marvel so badly, Marvel had to beg him to leave.

He burnt bridges with Jason Aaron over Children of the Atom (Bendis did not want to do the crossover and was pissed off that he was forced to play nice with others and let them have equal stay over the story; Bendis only stayed on the book afterwords on the condition that Aaron be banned from using Kitty Pryde/Bendis be given sole usage of her going forward and that he be allowed to "redo" the story several months later, without anyone telling him no on his shitty version of it)

He also had a HUGE hate boner against Uncanny Avengers and Rick Remender. Bendis tried his best to make sure AXIS never happened, pushing Marvel to do Original Sin instead. When Original Sin had shit pre-orders and Marvel panicked, leading to them rushing out AXIS to compensate sales-wise before Secret War hit and everything went on hiatus, Bendis flat outrefused to do anything with AXIS and instead decided to be a petty shit and stretch out the Original Sin X-Over arc by a couple of extra issues with nothing ultimately happening, as a fuck you to Reminder.

Oh and Hickman desperately wanting Bendis to tie into Secret Wars and the plot point of Scott having the Phoenix Egg and laying the groundwork for Beast reconciling with Scott and Sunspot recruiting Scott to help mediate a reconciliation between the Illuminati and the Avengers. Bendis said "fuck you!" and fucked Hickman over by leaving a huge chunk of story for "Time Runs Out" untold

the annual gives you bubbles!

totally worth it for Eva story alone
Bendis has top tier taste in waifus

bubbles!

Should've asked us before you ordered.

wow user. the assholery you describe is nothing to be scoffed at.

Is this real or your headcanon?

comicbook.com/marvel/2016/12/26/brian-michael-bendis-says-goodbye-in-his-final-guardians-of-the-/

hell and tarnation

You IDIOT

I can't fucking believe this. I mean, I legitimately can't believe that anyone would be this petty and vindictive and still get the level of work that Bendis is currently getting and the protection he is getting from the rest of Marvel. Then again, it would explain why a lot of the 'architects' of Marvel have left. Seriously though, if this is true then I have nothing but contempt for Bendis. Before, I respected his work in the early days, but if this is true than he really needs to go and I hope to good that Civil War II- Electric Bongaloo is going to be his ticket out.

>Henry wanted to drag Scott's name through the mud by any means necessary for petty, vindictive reasons
>Scott just wanted his friend back

I too, like making up stories about writers.
Did you ever hear the one about Claremont and his cosplay fetishes?

This is completely untrue.

You're making most of this up

Yeah. He once hired a prostitute to dress up as Storm and peg him. Good taste.

This is way before AvX, nice try

Only "good" thing about this run are the runs by Gillen and Fraction that lead into this. This on its own has no redeemable qualities it's all over the place and it contradicts itself at every turn