Cheers to Strangers

>Cheers to Strangers.

Why was the dialogue the worst part?

But it wasn't. The worst part was the sequel baiting.

The worst part was it being a pastiche

This. I hated how he said Honey to joi at the start felt like his worst performance in that moment

There was no sequel baiting you mong

Pastiche of what?

i think it was a BASED moment.
i liked it.

Blade Runner, Her, AI, Macbeth (2015), Drive, etc I could go on

The way that the replicant resistance movement just shows up to announce itself and then disappears again felt like they were seriously pushing a plotline for the next film.

If it ever gets made.

They were following through on the war on calantha bit he said at the start to sapper, the blackout and the whole reason he was killing the older models, because they were the ones that created the first rebellion.

They followed through on the 2022 anime short not setting it up but tying it up

I felt more that was there to push for his final sacrifice for the cause after having the geartbreak that he wasn’t the one he was still real in the proverbial sense ofc.

Villeneuve stated multiple times that he had zero obligations or thoughts about any sequels or continuations whatsoever while making this.

It's because their backstory is entirely irrelevant, that scene is only showing how both sides (Wallace and the rebellion) want to use K as a slave for their goals and how K denies all of them and makes his own individual decisions which will finally start to define his identity he never had.

Actually this reasoning make sense to be fair, I guess I over saw that.

But still the 'reveal' of their 'army' kind of took me out of the moment for a bit. It could've been done a bit more subtly.

Michael Green (screenwriter):
>There is not a single person, producer, studio, director, anyone involved, who came in and said, ‘We must build a cinematic universe that we can return to.’ It was first and foremost, ‘Is there a story worth telling right now that is a worthy successor to a film we all adore and admire?’That said, if we do stick the landing, if we do become an accepted accompaniment to that film, I find the world endlessly fascinating and there are many years you can put after the words Blade Runner that would set a stage for a further story I would love to see and love to write.”

Yh the whole walking out the shadows cliche wasnt great

That scene led up to the part with pink Joi which is what pushed him to rescue Deckard

Well I'm actually kind of glad the film flopped now because a Blade Runner CU would just drive me over the edge.

>turns out deckard is literally a stranger

pottery in the highest form, a rejection of essentialism in favour of shared essence

>cheers.

>What am I to you?

>k just smiles