youtube.com/watch?v=mJvUTFVqwJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZM6OGk22bA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

torrent?

>GIVE US YOUR PATREON MONEY
>WE NEED MORE BEER AND JEWELRY

>"People making intentionally bad movies are pathetic"
>make intentionally bad movies

They meant that they wanted to have fun making a movie with Rich as the star but a few minutes into the script reading they realized Rich was such a bad actor that he couldn't even be good at being bad. Any pretense of effort or taking their work seriously went out the window after this. They couldn't deny that they were having fun in spite of this fact so they just rolled with it and built the entire film around """"""ironically""""""" bad everything. So we got the unfunny mess that was Space Cop.

If they just made a film that took place in one house I guarantee you it would be funnier.

Are you somehow under the impression that they didn't know what Rich's acting ability was before starting Space Cop? You realize they've all been filming stuff together for decades, right?

They think they are filmmakers but they are not and that's sad. They are just comedians and should just concentrate on doing youtube skits.

The last 5min from that review is better than Space Cop.

youtube.com/watch?v=mJvUTFVqwJQ

Kung Fury is shit because all of its actually funny material is stolen directly from Danger 5 and the rest is just a bastardization of neo-80s culture where they made everything how people remember the 80s these days and not actually what the 80s was actually like

Was it worse than the angry bideogame nerd movie?

I remember the plot of space cop kinda.

I don't remember the AVGN movie.

It was a funnier but slightly less well-made movie.

Nothing is worse than the AVGN movie.

Is that the guy who killed his wife?

it's "ironically bad", meaning it's literally immune from all criticism.

thought it was unfunny? well it was trying to be unfunny!

thought it looked bad? well duh, they were going for that look, idiot!

etc

How did James fuck up his dream project that badly?

I fucking love James but he's a very bad filmmaker.

My biggest issue with it is that they made an intentionally bad movie, clearly, but it's not fun at all for the audience, it's just shitty. If you want to make something shitty on purpose at least make it fun to watch, otherwise it just looks like you made a bad movie because you lack the ability to make a good movie

A) He has the mind a child who just wants to shove special effects in front of a green screen and doesn't care about script, story or character at all.

B) James is narcissistic egomaniac who wrote the film about how beloved and popular he was.

4) His wife and Kevin Finn forced diversity into the film to destroy whatever remain, which led to the infamous "DAMN!" moment at the end of the film.

Apparently on a pre rec stream Jay said they weren't trying to make an intentionally bad movie, which is really showing how incompetent you are as film makers if even your biggest fanboys think your movie was supposed to be shit.

>>
I don't get or these guys give suggestions and critiques on the film they're reviewing and what not to do when making a film, yet they don't follow their own advice when they make one themselves. Do these guys forget what they even say or are they just talentless hacks? Someone enlighten me.

They've never once in any video ever shilled for their patreon.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZM6OGk22bA

>pssst
>wanna see my flubber?

believe me if kung fury wasn't a mere 30 minutes you'd be saying worse things about it than Space Cop.

It isn't, and therefore that point is irrelevant.

Kung Fury was insultingly bad.

Space Cop is just bad.

I love RLM, but making an "ironic" le campy 80s action comedy is the most trite, half-baked thing you could possibly do as a film critic.

I mean, he's not a film maker. He went to film school, he loves film(s), he's *made* films, etc, etc ... but still, he's not really a film maker. He spent the last decade making silly YouTube videos about old console games, and talking through the plot of old horror movies he liked growing up. Should anyone have expected him to be able to take a past-the-prime shitty internet character, stretch it's schtick into his first proper feature-length film, and also have it be *good*?

>He has the mind a child who just wants to shove special effects in front of a green screen and doesn't care about script, story or character at all.
I'd agree with this to a point. I don't think he doesn't care about script, story or character, but he does obviously have a huge enjoyment for the spectacle of special effects.

>James is narcissistic egomaniac who wrote the film about how beloved and popular he was.
Honestly, I feel like the complete opposite is true. James seems like a pretty down-to-Earth guy, he's easily one of the most "likeable" YouTubers when he's not doing his AVGN character/skits. The issue is exactly that it was an *AVGN* movie, and the AVGN character IS a narcissistic asshole.

Seriously, Patton Oswald will do anything for a paycheck.

I feel I should clarify that second point; in the film, the nerd is a guy who uploads his reviews onto the internet, so we get treated to scenes where fans will walk up to him and say how much of a fan they are of him, it all felt very masturbatery and circle jerky. The whole movie's theme was "in the end, the Nerd's love for his fans saved the day" which was very hokey and fake.

Danger 5 and Axe Cop I'd argue and both are better than Kung Fury.

I mean, maybe. But given that these projects are basically just made for "the fans", it makes sense to work their existence into the movie somehow ... and the fact that the Nerd character is a narcissistic asshole kinda lends itself to using them in that way.

But, eh, regardless, I don't get that sort of vibe about James outside of any of the AVGN stuff.

The thing is that the Nerd in the film is way more laid back and less angry because its revealed he's just a guy who uploads his reviews online. The character is actually a lot more like James than he normally is because of this, so it really does feel like people. If it was the real Nerd character he would get annoyed at the fans and do something silly, but the movie Nerd just meekly accepts the apology which I can imagine James doing irl. That's why it came across as masturbatory because it felt like James was getting praised for his success, it was just unnecessary