Is there any comics where God is the bad guy?

Is there any comics where God is the bad guy?

Lucifer.

Spwan if I remember correctly

Preacher

>Doom

>A bad guy

Fuck off Richards!

The Old Testament

the bible

Sandman Book 4 : Season of Mists

chronicles of wormwood

Only because the characters are such major fuck ups that you need something to balance it out to prevent them from getting away with everything.

Literally everything Garth Ennis writes.

The Goddamned

Just started reading this for the first time actually, and holy shit it's good. (I'm about 18 issues in.)

I honestly think it would take less time to list comics where God is a GOOD guy.

Are there any modern comics that go full Christian and portray God benevolently?

God is Dead kinda does?

New 52 Phantom Stranger

Should god be portrayed benevolently? shouldn't he be seen as the force of justice against wickeness? Smiting evil cities and flooding corrupt men?

People who like God tend to realize He's not the type to interject in situations against the will of others. As a character he's easier to write as a hyper-strong bad guy. Which is stupid, because God by definition has to be perfect.

>God by definition has to be perfect

The definition set forth in his own propaganda, sure. Stories with God as a villain necessarily assume that he's not been totally honest with the world.

Job though. Dick move.

No, if God isn't perfect, He isn't God--just some asshole with a hobby.

>he's not been totally honest with the world.
According to Abrahamic religions there's more shit God's kept away from humanity than shit God's revealed.

The New Testament.

If God is the biggest kid on the playground and decides he's the measuring stick for perfection then who's an ant to say otherwise?

Hellblazer sort of? There was an issue where Constantine told God to back off and leave his friends and himself alone. He threatened to overthrow Lucifer and organize Hell within 500 years.

>He threatened to overthrow Lucifer and organize Hell within 500 years
He probably just could have convinced him to leave and done it in a couple years like Christopher Rudd.

Nicholas' Revenge

I didn't read Secret Wars but is Sue his wife or something? what about Valeria?

>There was an issue where Constantine told God to back off and leave his friends and himself alone. He threatened to overthrow Lucifer and organize Hell within 500 years.
Christ, who was writing that?
Constantine couldn't stop his own sister from selling her soul. Constantine is a survivor, but he's no leader or Uniter. And certainly not among a few million damned souls he owes favors to.

Devilman. Not better or worse than demons, but really REALLY vindictive. So his usual OT self.

Real life

Spectre

Nameless

God is better as a force and not a character

The Old Testament

Spectre is such a fucking cuckold bitch to god that's it's fucking sad

HE QUESTIONS NOTHING

The title of "God" philosophically entails more than just some cosmic ubermensch. He is explicitly non-contingent.

YAWEH

Everything but the main guy is the villain when Garth Ennis writes. Society, nature, good people, values, morality, holidays, neo-nazis that appear from nowhere, the dog who lives in the house next to Garth that barks really loud...

Life.

Not a comic. Chick Tracts, though...

>Molest your child
>Say you're sorry and accept Jesus
>God sends you to heaven

>Spend your entire life doing good, saving lives, helping people
>Believe in God but never specifically accept Jesus as your savior
>God sends you to Hell to suffer in a lake of fire for eternity

Comics....?Hmph!

doom patrol by morrison

Do you mean Sithrak?

Also, add Oglaf to the list

>Evangelicals
Look out, those drawings he did of Jesus would be an idol if you brought them into a church.

ha! amiright?

It's a bit dated

Any bible adaptation.

Lucifer is top-tier, I'd say it's one of those instances where the spin-off is better than the series it span off from, which is saying a lot when it's a Sandman spin-off.

I just finished reading Sandman for the first time a few weeks ago before starting Lucifer, and I gotta say, I agree.

Try sharing almost half of a population with this guys. They are the mix between SJW's and conservatives that can't do decent music

That's why I like him.

fapfapfapfapfap hnnnngg

Something something Aquinas, if a being is truly God said being is also perfect. If not perfect, not God. Just some powerful being a rung or two higher than humans. For example, you could make an argument that in Preacher the throne is God

Does the dog have shifty eyes?

Reminder that even in the canon of the comic this prediction was wrong.

Even Godjesus trolled Chris

That's just a semantics game. Besides, aren't thrones a sub-class of angel?

>God is le magician who's going to make my earthly life awesome because I want it
Fucking Chris.

They use the exact same tactic as SJWs: general shunning of the individual and the creation of vague enemies as a means of strengthening the communal whole. Hell, this is how fascism spread too.

This is tangential, but I've started to notice that each of the main branches of Christianity primarily find God in different ways--Orthodoxy through tradition and study (much like Judaism), Catholicism through philosophy, and Protestantism through community.

Most Christians don't think of it like that.

They think of it like turning down water after wandering for days in the desert.

Where's the Holy Spirit?

In your heart.

Hey if I want to erect a statue of a golden calf in my front lawn, than be damned so be it!

Would love for the ultimate reveal to be that god just watches thr developments on Earth for his amusement. Like a comic book fan.