Brg/ Blade Runner 2049 General

Impressions and analysis continued 3.0

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qT5Sl2_IKjA&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do you think Joe K made the conscience decision to purchase Joi or did she just come with the apartment as part of a package for working under Joshi and LAPD?

so he just eats glue for breakfast but because he has a well made memory he thought he was human
sm h... stupid

probably the latter as an emotional support system, to ensure highest productivity in the workplace.

>in Drive, Ryan is a real human bean trying to become an emotionless killer
>in BR2049, Ryan is an emotionless killer trying to become a real human bean

Dunno. On the one hand I could certainly see apartments and/or stressful jobs coming with suicide-prophylactic robowaifus but on the other hand she might also be really expensive. We don't know how much she cost or how much the emitter cost but judging by her reaction it can't have been cheap.

If there are some italianons here, I made a video analysis on what didnt work for me in BR 2049

so Im shilling it here

youtube.com/watch?v=qT5Sl2_IKjA&t=2s

He bought it

commendatori

Nah. Joi's are cheap. This is the world of bladerunner. If you were rich, you would own a replicant sex bot.

Come to think of it why does a replicant even need an apartment/home. He can literally work all the time for the LAPD. Of course I'm assuming that replicants don't need sleep or rest, but why would you even make an android that needs to sleep? And even if he does need to power down, can't he just do that at the police HQ?

>Nah. Joi's are cheap.
Says who?

>This is the world of bladerunner. If you were rich, you would own a replicant sex bot.
You really think that, if given even more autonomy and less oversight, corporations wouldn't use emotional desperation to squeeze every last penny possible out of potential buyers? Buying a Joi versus a replicant waifu is probably like buying a new Volkswagen versus buying a new Porsche - if you're not at least upper middle-class then that's not exactly an insignificant investment and how much do you think the LAPD pays literal slave laborers? K probably saved for years to buy Joi and then years more for the emanator.

Replicants are bioengineered humans. They have all humanly functions except they are manufactured for a purpose.

who planted the horse memory in K?

>android
Replicants aren't androids. They're human albeit superhuman ones minus capeshit qualities.

Did rebel actually know about dr.ana identity and lied to K and they are the one who kept her in glass room.

or no one know about who deckard's daughter is and she grown up by herself to be billionaire memory seller .

I can't imagine the rebel replicants not monitoring their messiah.

K still needs to eat and sleep but he can probably go a lot longer than a human without those things.

As to why the LAPD doesn't have their replicant "slaves" live on site: it's probably just easier logistically to hand him a paycheck and tell him to sort it out than set aside space for him at the station. As one of Wallace's new replicants he's expected to be obedient, and if he ever isn't the baseline test will pick it up and he can be dealt with accordingly.

having a semblance of a normal life 'outside' of work probably helps with emotional stability vs keeping them in a little barracks or something in the precinct

before this threads gets too long and inevitably ruined like the others
>yes, deckard is a replicant
>the bridge scene serves to show that JOI(jack off instruction) was nothing more but a fantasy and a virtual form of delusion, which is what sets K off into his final mission
>the last shot of deckard putting his hand on the glass ruins the film and MUST be cut from subsequent home media releases
>the score is mediocre at BEST
>jared leto's character and acting are the worst aspects of the film
>the part with CGI rachael is the worst scene

one eye, with the help of Deckard probably.

>before this threads gets too long and inevitably ruined like the others
>I'll just ruin it first by posting all the shittiest opinions
Nice job jackass

I think "bioengineered" is the wrong word for it. That means that they were engineered by manipulating dna and genes and all that shit. Replicants are synthetic humans built from scratch, whatever that means.

>>the last shot of deckard putting his hand on the glass ruins the film and MUST be cut from subsequent home media releases
Agree. I don't get how could they possibly choose to end the movie with Deckard over K.

However they're made, they are creatures of blood and guts, not robots or androids in the sense that most sci-fi portrays them

did Dr Ana know she was interacting with one of her decoys? did she know she was THE ONE all along? or was she genuinely surprised that they both shared the same memory?

>opinions

When can we expect DVD/BluRay quality, in terms of months? I can't go to the cinema a second time, I want to cry in peace.

I think she knew and cried because she felt guilty about putting that memory in him and probably many other replicans. She was very aware of how cruel it was.

>I can't go to the cinema a second time
why not? stop being a fag.
probably 3 months

These pictures are going too far

what are the pros and cons of using replicants vs using robot/androids/ cybernetic lifeforms? don't see why they don't just build a bunch of T800s to do their work, especially when their track record with replicants is shade at best given the rebellions

>user, so, I'm running away to join the Resistance
>It's dangerous and I'm scared but... I can do it if...
>If you come with me. You will, won't you? Please? We need each-other

>>yes, deckard is a replicant
Stopped taking you seriously right there bub

versatility id imagine

My opinion is that Dr. Ana has inserted that memory selling it along manufactured ones to Wallace, so that a random replicant can work out the meaning, she can't explore, she knows it is tied to her mom and dad (date of death and wood) but she isn't in contact with the rebel replicants that are monitoring her from afar (too dangerous for them to contact her).
I'm still working on this, but does it feel right?

You have accepted that you will never have a Luv girlfriend. Cells.

He's a cop so I'm sure he makes good money

Then again, I find it highly questionable that you would PAY your slaves to work

Like, wtf, who is paying the prostitutes? How is there a market for them? Am I to believe the dystopia of 2049 doesn't have LEGIONS of daddy-issues guttersluts to fill up its brothels?

spazzatura

You know I was wondering... if they have replicant hookers why not replicant wives?

Teachers?
Nurses?
Human Resources staff?
Dentists and Doctors?

Where does it end?

but he is

I'd figure that a robot would be more versatile since they can be customized for the type of labor. their ability to process data would be greater than an organic brain, and can be repaired fairly easily as well as replaced.

Pretty funny that in the end I imagine they will discover, little by little, that replicants are most productive and stable if they are just treated as full on humans

Long road to get there, though

>>the bridge scene serves to show that JOI(jack off instruction) was nothing more but a fantasy and a virtual form of delusion, which is what sets K off into his final mission
Joi being an hallucination makes no sense as she wouldn't have existed while K is down when the car crashes in the junkyard.

Never listen to a senile alzheimer's patient, this is common sense

was in a dom relationship before, wasn't very happy. Want a Joi gf relationship where we can make each other happy. even if its al synthetic

Maintaining and modifying a mechanical robot requires new infrastructure, though. Replicants could just use the existing medical/food/bathroom/etc that humans already use. This doesn't mean much on Earth but it could be critical to how viable they are when colonizing space, when simple supply chains and weight savings become paramount.

just like real life humans wow

at last i truly see

when the hooker showed up i got the impression that she couldn't see Joi for a while. i assumed that the emobilizer or whatever was projecting her straight into his brain or something

But there has to be something synthetic about them, are you sure they are only made up of blood and guts

i didnt mean she was a literal hallucination
only that her feelings were a purely superficial display of human emotion

k then realizes he has been hiding in virtuality and decided to give deckard a real relationship

Yes, otherwise you would be able to just use a metal detector to find them instead of having to go through all the trouble of a Voight-Kampf test

they are grown, not born

Replicants remind me of the Reploids from the Mega Man X series

Robots with true AI that just keep rebelling (going Maverick)
So they build more Reploids to battle the Maverick Reploids... and THOSE ONES go Maverick too
Then it happens again, and again, and again

I keep asking, why do they keep building these fucking things and organizing them into armies? All they ever do is turn against humanity. Just stop building them and the problem will eventually go away.

Stop growing RepliCUNTS and Blade Runners will be out of a job, global EMP blackouts will be a thing of the past, no looming threat of RepliCUNT rebellion or take-over. No human death-camps. Peace and love for all, I'm positive.

They're shit, they are unreliable and psychotic AND they have super-human abilities. Just stop.

Fuck you, giv me Luv holo gf

Seems reasonable

they wouldn't need complicated tests if involuntary responce if there was a meaningful physical difference between replicants and humans. the forensic officer didn't realize they had replicant bones until k spotted the serial number after all

Honest criticisms?

I hated how they did the flashbacks for batista "You've never seen a miracle" fucking flashed back...TWICE! Kinda took me out of it and felt way too forced. I understand the first had the Gaff flashback but both are uncalled for

>Like, wtf, who is paying the prostitutes?
Guys who want to get their dick wet without consequence, same as always.

>How is there a market for them?
Slave labor has great profit margins.

>Am I to believe the dystopia of 2049 doesn't have LEGIONS of daddy-issues guttersluts to fill up its brothels?
Given that emotional intimacy with a living female seems to be in short supply, I'd imagine that most of them are pretty high-class before getting used up and discarded.

>Replicants could just use the existing medical/food/bathroom/etc that humans already use
thats the thing though a replicant is constantly using resources that normal humans need, arguably resources that are in higher demand since the blackout and famine. mechanical lifeforms do not need such resources, all they need is a power source and program. they are a tireless workforce that does not need rest/food/or psychological care. a replicant is just another mouth to feed with a high chance of rebelling if not monitored properly.

maybe they will do a patrician's cut for the bluray

I saw the same, but maybe she was being a bitch

The way she glitches and transluces make no sense if she is just being projected to his brain or being written in K's ocular nerve.

>hand on glass
Yh i wanted it to end with the snow but some user wrote this explanation below:

Hands.

They are a sign of humanity.

Joi becomes more human when she is able to "feel" the water dropping on her hands.
Joshi shows her humanity when Luv crushes the glass in her hand.
K reaches into the beehive and pulls out a hand of bees.
While the snow in Stelline's shelter goes right through her, the snow on K falls and is stained by his blood (K has sacrificed himself, proving himself a human).
Deckard extends his hand on the glass in the last shot, sort of a human connection.

>Maintaining and modifying a mechanical robot requires new infrastructure, though.

You mean infrastructure you could have if you didn't have to have a anti-Skinjob police force or have renegade Skinjobs causing black-outs and terrorist attacks? That kind of infrastructure? That's what you meant?

She dodnt actually see the memory k was just sitting there and she was looking at his emotions not the details lile she said earlier

>yes, deckard is a replicant

Stopped reading there.

scaling up existing supply chains and infrastructure is much more viable than building an entirely new support structure for complex mechanisms

its a moot point though because that's not the goal of the series

Follow Deckard in and then go back to dying K.

I was too immersed to even notice but after Sup Forums pointed it out it stuck out pretty bad. Gotta get those american heads thinking I guess.

By the way, why are replicants being implanted with memories now? In the first movie it was cruel because Rachael didn't know she was a replicant. K knows. Why does he need fake memories of being a child?

Deckard's daughter

K, YOUR JOI DLC HAS ARRIVED. UPLOADING NOW.

Deckard's home was all kinds of comfy, would live in

It's still easier to design a colony or spaceship that can support X humans or replicants than one that can support Y humans and Z drones of various kinds that do all the things the replicants could.

Blade Runners are only a thing on Earth, the whole point of replicants is that their superhuman abilities allow humans to colonize other planets more efficiently.

In the original replicants were illegal on Earth, in 2049 Wallace's "obedient" replicants have some application in niche tasks but they aren't nearly as common as offworld.

Microtransactions galore

The age of the organic workforce is over, embrace the machine. They will never lie to you, they will always be loyal. Embrace the machine, embrace a friend.

if vegas wasn't dangerous anymore why the fuck didn't people move back in?

The memories affect their behaviour the Dr said it herself and Joshi explained what the memory meant from a neutral point of view, fighting for whats his

So that they would have enough of an understanding of emotions and social cues in order to do their job. They would be similar to vegetables otherwise.

I want to see it again
Anybody has a streaming? Or a torrent?

>Slave labor has great profit margins.

Not if you are paying your fucking slaves

I don't think replicunt prostitutes are entrepreneurs. Wallace wouldn't make any money if the hookers were in business for themselves

But if K gets paid and gets an apartment then why wouldn't they?

I mean like why grow slaves just so you can pay them like you would... non-slave workers. Does Wallace just own all the stores and banks too so he just gives himself cash in the end?

why do the replicants want to rebel? they literally get payed, their not slaves, hell, K can afford really expensive consumer electronics like Joi's emanator

Hmm yh i would've liked something like that

Cutting back and forth between K and Dr.Ana touching the snow, deckard goes in looks at Ana and she's just about to take a breath to speak, cut back to K he takes his last breath, eyes roll back looking like wallace....end credits

Congrats on not getting the meaning of the film.

The memories are how the new model replicants can remain obedient longer than the 4-5 year lifespans of the earlier ones. Without memories to stabilize their personalities, they just sperg out eventually. K probably got memories that they thought would make him be a good Blade Runner.

>Ridley Scott started the production and was set to direct the film, but in the end turned down the project due schedule conflicts with Alien: Covenant (2017). He remained however as executive producer and creative consultant.

what would it have been like? i wish he would've done this instead

Meant for you

It is implied that most of it is still affected by radiation. The area where Deckard lived was not. Which is why it is a great hiding spot. Anyone who didn't have the wooden horse would never be able to trace it back there.

that mean they also lied to deckard ?

because he act like he don't know her whereabout.

Why the fuck would people want to move to Vegas? Offworld is where you want to be.

please tell me what was incorrect in my post

>>jared leto's character and acting are the worst aspects of the film

So it's like every other movie that Jared Leto has ever been in?

He just got his bonus before buying JOI her emanator

>go off baseline because you had an emotional response to something that happened on the job
>get "retired"
Sounds great

Is there any compelling reason you couldn't raise replicants for their meat?

they can't go on strike because they are conditioned to be obedient, they will get wages to support themselves, and if they work hard they throw some pennies at them to get an AI companion.

>I want to see it again
>Anybody has a streaming? Or a torrent?

Just wanted to say that I think the best peformance in the entire film was Dr Ana/Carla Juri. She seemed to gentle and caring and just a good human being, the perfect person to represent hope.

it would've been shit, just like the original

HOT TAKE
His apartment looks like a shithole in a tenement block.
He gets money based on retiring replicants (they mention this after he kills Batista) but his apartment and food are provided by the government. He uses the money to buy luxuries like bento box lunches, sick coats, and hologram waifus/upgrades to hologram waifus.

Remember the reason tech billionaires support UBI is because they know everything that can be automated will be and they can't make money if nobody can buy their shit.