Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCNvREKTnQc
youtube.com/watch?v=5PgltWGSjKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pd1rnASDoUI
dailymotion.com/video/x31jt8m
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is the worst show I've ever seen.

>This is the worst show I've ever seen.
Thats impossible every critic liked STD and hated the original star trek shows for being too SciFi. Many critics gave the show a 10/10 without even watching one second because STD has diversity for the first time in Trek.

setting the tone for the thread, I see

So you've watched four or five shows, then.

6 replies, two orshills, rest is STD hate
I'll skip this one too...

Someone post the image of the shuttle from the show itself that has the abbreviation "DSC"
This is what every thread should revolve around until /STD/ dies out.

He really is /ourcaptain/

youtube.com/watch?v=KCNvREKTnQc

STD is way too popular a show to ever die out, millions are tuning in every week because people it changes what everyone thought they knew about Star Trek every week.

this is what happens when you fuck with /dis/ney. you cross the mouse, you pay.

>Star Trek Discovery Sneak Peek
youtube.com/watch?v=5PgltWGSjKQ

>The Orville Sneak Peek
youtube.com/watch?v=pd1rnASDoUI

i fucking love alara

>there are 4 lights

Who wouldn't

>yfw when you enjoy both this and orville

I kind of feel sorry for people who can't enjoy both.

I like orville because it is SciFi, STD feels like it is in name only but isnt anything like Star Trek since it breaks canon by not even having a license to use the correct timeline.

No Dubs-kun, I meant until calling it /STD/ instead of /DSC/ or /DIS/ dies out.

kek

Go away, this is STD.

Fucking Orville trailer feels like Trek with the ethical dilemma thrown in.

I enjoyed both up until the last STD episode. It was a complete mess. I sure hope they don't get any worse.

has michael revealed he's trans yet? how "long" will it be, if you get my drift?

Alright fat Riker let's go. No other thread abbreviation has ever included the S in Star Trek. This should have been the end of the debate in the first place but no, STD makes me think of sexually transmitted disease XD

> this is STD
It sure is

oh my frack looks like the orville episode has
- novel use of future tech
- a mission to gather information
- meeting a new species
- A MORAL DILEMMA

Remember growing up?
Wether it was TOS, TNG, VOY, DS9, every Trek teenage fan can recall a sexual awakening and nights and days furiously fapping to the babes of trek.
There is literally not one single girl in STD that is worthy of fapping to.
Star Trek practically invented the slash-fiction fan written gay eroticism in Kirk/Spock, janeway/seven but there is no pairing possible in this new show.
How badly did they fuck this up

Does anyone ITT or on Sup Forums actually like the show, or feel optimistic about it at all?
I'm getting the impression that people here are looking for every little reason to hate the show tbqh

Keep in mind that /DIS/ is already taken.

dailymotion.com/video/x31jt8m
Is this classic scene from Star Trek kino?

>2014
Those threads don't exist anymore thanks to the constantly shifting biases of this place. Either way it should be /DSC/

The actors themselves don't even like Trek.

so what?
Patrick Stewart hadn't really even heard of it before he started as Picard.

I think we would be light years ahead if you just laughed and owned up to the STD acronym. The fact that every one of our threads turns into an acronym debate just shows how sad this all is. I'm willing to live with STD if it means getting some good conversation going about the show.

but he loves it now.

WHAT

So surely it's a bit early to derive any useful knowledge about whether the actors like the show.
At the end of the day, they're just actors looking for their next job, same as they were in TNG. In a few years there'll probably be interviews with the actors about their fond recollections of Trek.

How about we change it to "Space Shows General" so we can include The Expanse and other shit so we can talk about those while they're in between seasons.

That was a risky bit of dialogue. Could end up dating really badly

Zefram Cochrane is a fictional character in the ST universe. He isn't real.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm glad I dropped this show last episode

We just had one as recently as this week. It's pretty messed up to hijack someone else's general

Id put money on you creating that general just so you could use it in STD threads

You'll be back

The problem is CBS themselves made the mistake in using it in the beginning, so now it's ingrained in fans' mind.

To be fair I just haven't gotten round to watching it yet, which is close to dropping it. I'm not excited at all.
Now the last ship, there's a Trek show I can't get enough of and always watch at the earliest viewing!

It just grates my autism that STD goes against the tradition of acronym's simply because it's so funny sexually transmitted diseases! It suggests the youthful stupidity of the entire board. In my fucking day you didn't post at all until you were past age 20 galdarnit.

Won't matter. This show is terrible and isn't Star Trek. Don't worry though. It won't last long enough for you to get too upset about the acronym. 2 seasons tops.

Is there any reliable viewer numbers yet?
I would think CBS would plow through this shit and keep it going no matter what, too big to fail

what a ridiculous comment

You'd lose that money because I didn't.

I stand corrected on that, it's been years since I've seen a /DIS/ and given the current climate of ((((THEM)))) I would have thought it impossible. Still it should fucking be /DSC/

From the latest Disney general Literally Machiavelli tier

We should just go back to /trek/ and give up on this general. It's mostly Fox shills and shitposters keeping it alive anyway. I'm sure they won't mind taking us back.

Daily reminder that STD is just a retelling of DUNE. >The spores must flow

sure, as long as we stop pretending std isn't shit

>I'm sure they won't mind taking us back.
When did you guys break up?

but it isn't shit

I hated 1-2 3 gave some tiny hope but 4 killed it for me. This is probably the worst show I have ever seen.

>I'm getting the impression that people here are looking for every little reason to hate the show tbqh

People may whine about details and and ship designs all they want, or that SJW agenda, but the problem is the writing is insanely bad.

I can't find anything to like tbqh

>can't find anything like it
What's worse the writing on STD or the star wars prequels?

this, as a trap I can really identify with michael and can now root for the future

petty Sup Forums whinging^^

Wow, that carousel must be going warp 7 at least.

TRANSPHOBIA

gay

Good question. I actually thought about mentioning that. I think Prequels SW is better. But they sort of have a similar problem with the characters. SW had bland characters that you didn't really care for, but STD is way worse with only focus on one unlikeable and boring character.

I also feel that STD waste more time. While the writing was shitty in SW too it had a better pacing and more of a direction.

Outside of writing, they both have the cold and dark feeling. SW because it is the sterile computer graphic, and STD because they want to be edgy and dark. A big mistake if you can't write a story or characters people care about. It just give a hopeless feeling that make it worse.

SW prequels are better.

Damn..... Why does Orville look more interesting than DIS?

STDBOIS BTFO

I watch both shows, but The Orville is better because it feels more like Trek.

How will STD make money?

Its not like they can make money on Dvd or blueray and its on netflix basic package in Europe

Its not appealing to trek fans so no-one is going to buy the merch

I watch STD but I cant find anything to like about it, the resting bitch face on the main character is annoying as fuck and makes the show unbearable.

If STD becomes a Trek show worth watching we may dub it DIS. Until then it remains a foreign body.

The crew of STD is not very likable. They aren't very friendly toward each other. They often are at each others throats barking orders at one another. It just feels like a generic space war drama show. Humans vs Klingons.

Orville has characters that bond, feel like friends, just like in TOS, TNG and DS9. I like that kind of stuff. I still think the worst part of The Orville is Seth Macfaggot, but I'm willing to give him time and hope he improves, but I won't hold my breath. Although, if he stays true to Trek, Captains grow over time and go through changes.

they made the entire thing out of spite and I think the way the crew is written is a reflection of the interpersonal skills of the people who made it

they are depressing political zealots

No one's forcing you to watch the show. Fuck off

this thread has 30 posters and 80 posts

I think everyone has stopped watching it because there hasn't been a thread where people like it

I have been thinking the same thing, the ripper as weird as this sounds looks like the inbred jewish woman who wrote the show.

that is no bullshit google it, its kinda funny as hell, but I wonder if maybe she ordered them to do it that way since she is such a control freak like everyone there says who worked on the show.

Wrong. I'm forcing myself to watch the show.

TNG wasn't very good 4 episodes in. Neither was DS9.

I'm giving the show more chances that I would any other genre or type of show on the virtue that it's Star Trek and will eventually find its feet and improve.

Not sure why my bitching upsets you so much, user. 90% of STD threads are bitching, perhaps it is you who should "f*ck off"?

You are not alone user, I'm doing the same thing. I'm only watching for the hope it improves. It's not looking good thus far, but I know what you mean when you said not every Trek series started off good. Fuck ENT didn't hit it's full stride until several seasons in.

what a load of horse shit

>they made the entire thing out of spite and I think the way the crew is written is a reflection of the interpersonal skills of the people who made it

>they are depressing political zealots

I think there could be something here.

It is the same thing with Marvel Comics. Every SJW-created character is totally unlikeable. Just like SJWs them self. They are filled with hate and bitterness. They are intolerant and unaccepting. Their whole world is built of oppression since that is all they look for.

Elon musk has done more for space flight than anyone who wasnt a nazi scientist

I get what your doing, but TNG and DS9 had all the ingredients to make a great show from the traditional star trek formula. Just took time to get the recipe right.

STD on the other hand has nothing in common with the original stark trek or the formula. In fact if you remove the name star trek then there really isnt anything tieing it at all to the star trek universe in any timeline.

A testament to that skill is how much people hate jellico despite him being objectively correct in all the decisions he made while commanding the enterprise.

As I understand it they got a pretty good deal with Netflix who paid for most of the production cost per episode in exchange for exclusive non US rights.

That doesn't mean it makes money though, for that to happen there has to be a LOT of people signing up for CBS All Access, which seems unlikely.

I'd be very surprised if this makes it to a second season.

I wanna be levar BUR'UN
I WANNA BE LEVAR BUR'UN

WTF which episode was this in?

wher ma traditional slave role

WAARRRPP SPEEED DON'T RAINBOW REEEAD ME NIGGA

Where's my iconic slave role??
ERIC
MOTHERFUCKER

FUCK ALL Y'ALL
FUCK ALL Y'ALL

WARPSPEED DONT RAINBOW READ ME NIGGA
AAAAH