DC/MARVEL Young Heoes

Are you with or against teenage heroes, Sup Forums?

I like the idea but almost always these books suck because they're written by old people who don't know what kids are like

Runaways is the only time I can think of where it was truly done well

Not muh teen heroes

I'm all for teenage heroes so long as Peter David is writing them.

Like in a realistic world, fuck no. Teenagers are fucking dumb.

In comic world sure as long as they have a good writer

Against. I freaking hate teenage drama and most of their stories are freaking cringe worthy.

Reminder this was the last marvel teen comic book that featured every good teen hero marvel had at the time before they all got forgotten to make way for the #CHAMPIONSWOKE group

Age is not the problem, writing it.
New Super-Man is pretty fun. He's a teenager, but he's written by someone who knows what he's doing

Also can't wait for Justice League vs. Power Rangers

As long as it's not written by Mark Waid.

Or sold through Scholastic to elementary children while having its first storyline revolve around sex slavery.

Or consist entirely of poor, misinformed and awkward attempts to fit in with kid's lingo.

Wait... I thought the new Hulk was an adult

DC won't let it's teenagers age
Marvel will just kill off it's teens when they're done with them

Fuuuuuck, I'd forgotten all about them; they used to have most of that run at my school library. Probably one of the reasons I got into capeshit.

Amadeus Cho is like 19 I think, they could swing it any way

As a kid it just seems cool to be on a superhero team, but now that I'm old I can only see the flaws and annoyances. You can't put five completely different personalities on one team and expect it to work properly. Champions is a fucking joke, TT is the same senseless drama and 'suspense' over and over.

A teenager wearing skintight spandex is really just begging to be molested.

O HAI 13 YEAR OLD CHILD THAT JUST DISCOVERED THAT SIDEKICKS ARE STUPID. IS SUPERMAN TOO OP FOR U AS WELL?

How's middle school bud?

Spider-Man
Bucky
Kid Flash
Robin

Everyone else grow the fuck up.

This guy, that Human Torch fella, Robin, his alien girlfriend, robot pal and them others they hung with were okay.

Cho is ~19, which still makes him older than the rest of them (Miles, Viv, Sam and Kamala are ~16 and Scott is ~17) but technically a teenager.

19 already? sheesh, last time I read he was prepubescent with a puppy.

Are you having a stroke?

Was talking to my brother about this a few days ago (he asked me what #WOKE meant).
Mahvel's premier teen-team was always the X-Men, or one of its various "next gen!" spinoffs. That should be the default when drawing comparison to the Titans. There are now like 5 non-mutant teen-team IPs to pick from, but by the very nature of making so many none of them are as strong a brand.

I find it weird that Marvel are producing both Runaways & New Warriors for TV simultaneously. Unless they're planning Avengers Arena.

Teen Titans books havent been good for decades.

At least Champions has the benefit of only sucking for their few issues so far. Champions could turn around with a different team. Titans, historically, is where writers go to die.

>before they all got forgotten to make way for the #CHAMPIONSWOKE group

No, they were pushed aside for Arena.

NAH MY CAPS KEY IS JUST STUCK.

Yes. A death... stroke.

Teen heroes are best heroes

This is so Numale

>You can't put five completely different personalities on one team and expect it to work properly.
>what are the Avengers
>What are the X-Men
>What are the FF
>What are the Justice League
>What are the JLI
>What are the LoSH

Maybe the problem is that you have a very superficial understanding of comics and don't realize most supergroups are filled with drama and clashing personalities. Anyone who legit reads comics knows this.

Stop using words you don't understand the meaning of.

I'M BEYOND DEATH'S STROKE NOW.

Rate your favorite teen superhero team.
>Teen titans
>X-Men
>Gen13
>young justice
>young avengers

Young Avengers vol 2 finished after Arena did

almost no one actually cares if they're teens
everyone cares if they're well written

The fact you even list a single Marvel group as example of a 'properly functioning group' makes me think you have severe brain damage from reading too much shit comics.

Thoughts?

>YOUNG avengers/ justice
>TEEN titans
Their companies sure do care and fans too actually.

Is there a teen heroes book that has a similar sort of tone to Justice League International/Formerly Known AsThe Justice League? I imagine something going for a not-that-serious tone could work for teen hero teams.

Only kid heroes in comics that I remember liking are certain runs of X-men and Runaways. I really want Teen Titans not to be garbage out of nostalgia for the animated series, but it's dreck. Same with that Champions garbage. Writing kids without devolving into cringeworthy attempts at teen speak and memes seems beyond most modern cape writers.

Also, so few artists even attempt at making them even LOOK their age with them often having the same body type as every other adult character, which are usually very uniform across the board in capeshit.

First volume was the only thing I read because I enjoyed Alex so much and when he died it didn't feel the same.

>Not wanting to spend the rest of your day in Cassie's boot.

It's always fun to poke holes in super hero societies, but when it comes to the question of kid heroes it's way too easy. X-men in particular is insidious as fuck when you put any though into how it is 100% a school for training child soldiers. Batman as well is a massive bastard for constantly endangering a revolving door of nubile young wards in tights, though he at least got called out on it.

Best non-mutant marvel teen group ever

Champions is one of the worst comics ever written. All those characters need to be eliminated permanently.

>Tfw Troll was never included in New Avengers when Songbird was around

>Runaways]
>Young Justice
>Young Avengers
>New X-Men/New Mutants/Generation X - Damned if I can choose.
>Gen 13

One of the best teams, period.

God I hope not, that shit was terrible.

And I say that as a fan of both teen heroes and contrived tournament-esque fight scenarios.

Both started roughly the same time, so it was quite a mood whiplash.

That one has longterm acclaim and the other has an award and no one talks about it in the positive anymore should tell Marvel something, and maybe they are realizing it as Nico's evil arm was dropped as a plot thread, and Arcade has revered to his old style.

Which means Mettle died for nothing. Or for Hopeless' self insert wankfest. I'm not sure which is worse

Oh, and Avengers Academy/Avengers Initiative above Gen13 (because there were some pretty shit runs there).

Look at this noob.

i love you guys obsessed with nicos arm

Dude, you don't know the story.

Short version: Hopeless admitted on his tumblr that he fucked up on that one -- because his plan was for her prosthetic limb to be driving her to evil.

So the people bitching about it were 100% on the money with that shit. Even the idiot agrees with them.

>Hopeless admitted on his tumblr that he fucked up on that one

hahahaha i didn't know that part. either way the fact people are still hammering on about it years later is the funny part

Hi Waid.

Dude, it's comics. People hold grudges for fucking years.

Like with Hal Jordan's angry army or whatever it was.

Or Steph's Waffle Fun Friends.

Or the people who still rag on The Killing Joke for what it did to Barbara Gordon.

Yes, sure, Alan Moore's among them, but they still do it!

Once you realzie it's part and parcel for . . . Fandom overall, it stops being funny.

And starts being sad.

Then it becomes just another part of the landscape.

>Gen 13 never
Why live?

>This man has not read Unfunnies
>This man has not read Ultimatum
>This man has not read Marville

This is like saying "X is the worst movie ever" when knowing things like Manos or Castle of Fu Manchu exists.

no but see those are like actual events. I get your point but Hal was evil for awhile, Babs was Oracle for awhile, Steph was unceremoniously killed in a crossover. Bitching about Nico's arm though is like bitching about that one bad haircut that Johnny Storm had one time

I LOVE teen heroes

It has been made better thanks to other writers, but it was shit when it first showed up.

And unlike a bad haircut, it cannot be gotten rid of easily. especially in todays super inclusive environment.

Amputee representation, yo.

Viv is like a few months old at most