Titan A.E

Did anyone on Sup Forums enjoy this movie? Was it underrated or just mediocre?

It was just kind of bland and came out when bland, samey sci-f was overstaying its welcome.

Wasn't good I still loved it, one of the first scifi things i ever saw

Actually did like it, but it was lacking.

It had potential but honestly you can say that about a lot of movies.

I liked it. There were some issues with it that irritated me, even though I understood the problems that affected the movie's production, but it looked great, and I think it still holds up. The details in the characters and background add a lot of meat to the story, and I think that makes up for the stuff that got glossed over (I know "show, don't tell" is what the staff went for, but stuff like the meeting with the Gaoul really seems like it could use a gesture or two to point out why they do what they do).

I think it was fairly rated, but has it right - it came out alongside a glut of grungy sci-fi set in spaceships with dim corridors and grate walkways. The biggest thing it had going for it is that it had Bluth and Goldman behind it - and while that was enough to keep it interesting, it wasn't enough to make it great.

Saw it when it came out, back in the day

The 3d background integration was jarring as fuck. The plot was good, blowing up the earf, subverting tropes but in the end... I dunno, it didn't catch on.

It came out in that period when 2d was dying but 3d hadn't yet stepped up to replace it. Sci fi wasn't anywhere as big as it is today either, and it wasn't a kid's movie as such.

I ... Might be rewatch this sometime soon.

The innacurate legs trigger me for some reason. Which is weird because I didn't like how they looked the first time I saw them on screen.

Sorry.

The MC should of hooked up with Stith instead of the generic Asian with little to no personality. Stith was actually memorable while the Asian chick was literally just like every female Asian character in cartoons ever.

Earth destruction was OK

I still love the songs.

It had REALLY nice animation, almost Bakshi-esque IMO. However, like a lot of original Bakshi stuff, the story wasn't too impressive. It wasn't terrible, but it could have been a lot better

Cool animation as always, I appreciate it for what it was trying to do in a time when 2D animation was starting to fade out, but I don't think it's a very good movie.

The CG backgrounds were very jarring next to Bluth's character designs, and they've aged like milk, especially the evil 'lightning' aliens. The story is a good idea, but it wasn't really all that engaging in the movie.

Pretty ballsy to put a neck snap in though.

It will always hold a special place in my heart, it was one of the first films I saw in a theater. My older brother took me because he didn't want to go to a cartoon movie without a little kid.
Like the other 'boy' cartoons from that era, they're not great, but I still loved them at the time.

Lousy movie but I want to fuck Stith.

I took my then 9 year old cousin to see it for his birthday. He loved the shit out of it, but I agreed with you.

Now that cousin is in jail for murder.

Uhhh, I just got a new waifu.

The fuck is this

Stith is never this friendly to strangers.

hey lon

mating season?