For God Sakes

Why is there so much CRYING in this show?

Because feel.

Because they need the target audience to relate. In this case, the target audience cries a lot, because they are babies.

BECAUSE HER LOVER DIED AND THE ZOO HUMANS GOT REJECTED HOLY FUCK

What, are you going to cry about it?

I didn't mind BD or Zoo Human crying but by God when Steven was crying it seriously pissed me off and unironically made me mad.

Like you little pussy, you got everyone into that situation, you're the only one that can get them out and you're crying and asking for your dad? I know he's a child but he should have just gotten through it.

Also these episodes have made me realise that Rebecca or whoever is writing the dialogue has just an awful habit of telling instead of showing.

>Like you little pussy, you got everyone into that situation, you're the only one that can get them out and you're crying and asking for your dad? I know he's a child but he should have just gotten through it.
That was kinda the point. he realized he had put everyone in this mess because of himself.

The writing and pacing of this show are pure garbage. The lore is slightly interesting, though.

It's made by a woman.

>LOVER
No god damn it, the Diamonds are sisters, don't be a fucking weirdo.

>Not loving your sister romantically
It's like you've never seen Frozen.

>Characters expressing their emotions through visuals ina visual art

I mean I guess you would rather have them just say they are sad that is okay I guess.

>It's made by a woman.

waitm the entire bomb leaked? been away for the holydays

I haven't and I don't plan to.

>Your headcanon is wrong, MY headcanon however...

Steven crying BD tears felt almost parodic.

It was in a way I think.

Easy to cry than to write well.

I tried giving this show another chance when my buddy said that there was an episode with Karl from ATHF's VA about the impacts of the war from the average joe's perspective.

Instead I got a dumb gag episode with Karl's VA.

This show has realized it doesn't need to try, that simply by existing and saying "Uh yeah the gems are gay" the show will be validated and praised.

Fair enough, but I'm not wasting my time on it.

I would usually agree but it wasn't out of place here. Also, holy shit that scene in thr Ruby Ship was just...way better than the show usually is at conveying tension or severity. The last time it did it this well was Keeping it Together.

>Greg please be our husbando!
>Nah, dude.
>MUH FEELINGS
>Amethyst group storms in and all they do is try to console them
That was the only funny thing in the whole bomb.

yes all five episodes are floating around now to be watched

>Sup Forums still complaining about the crying
How about stop being a little bitch

Because crying is a form of healthy emotional expression?

Oh right, I'm talking to people with fragile masculinity. You can't even enjoy ice cream since you consider it "gay", lol

>Goofy sequence about light bodies.
>Suddenly all the CGs are gone, the ship his hurtling faster than light and out of control, on course for a collision, Steven can't do a thing, and it's played 100% straight.

Stop crying about it.

this
"i can't enjoy a chaarcter cause they're not punching shit and prefer to talk through situations that beat everybody up"
that's how most people on Sup Forums feel about steven, bet money

Sucrose knows how autistic her fanbase is, she makes the characters cry so the viewers understand that they're sad.

Eh, except the problem with Steven is that he wins all fights in the end anyways. Try as you might to make a nuanced lesson about strength not mattering, the most popular moment in this show is Garnet rapping while kicking the crap out of Hulk Hogan

It has organizational precedent- three ruling matriarchs- usually that's going to be a coalition of sisters.
They're the same kind of gem- we've seen Amy refer to fellow amethysts as family or sisters.
None of these gems are supposed to love, that's what the whole cross fusion outrage was about.

What is that snout trout?

This. Women only have three ways of expressing emotions:

1.) crying
2.) eating
3.) crying while eating

>implying women have fewer ways of expressing themselves than men
Are you new to the whole being human thing?

I actually agree, but both views are still headcanon at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that way though.

The characters cry more than a 3 month old burn victim.

>Crying is a form of healthy emotional expression
>Not 'Crying like a little bitch every time because muh feelings are sensitive'
>Also steven not being emotionally mature for his age

The problem is they cry all the damn time

The guys on Sup Forums are trying to project themselves as being "manly men" when I am 100% sure that it couldn't be further from the truth in real life.

my problem with the crying is not the act itself but pic related.

>anything more than constantly blubbering crybaby is being machismo wife beating alpha male
Ridiculous. The issue isn't that they cry, but that they cry on every possible problem they face.

Pacifist characters are fine if handled properly. I don't think you'd find many people complaining about Aang, for example (Spiritbending notwithstanding).

The issue with Steven is he's 100% pacifist. He's boring. You know that going into any conflict, his reaction will be some combination of
>Try to talk the other party down
>Shove the other party in a bubble
>Hide behind a shield/bubble
>Cry
Then if none of those things work, a character with nuance steps in and then the show actually gets interesting.

He's bad for the same reasons that a character that solves all their problems with violence is bad.

fucking Sup Forumsmblr, just go away...
Stop spamming the board with your shitty show.

> download the episodes last night, plan to watch them in the morning
> they have no sound

Did you fall for it too, Sup Forums?

As opposed to men whose emotional response are little more then whining or being quiet?

It's a shame Steven is a pansy, he's got that retard strength going on. He fucking punched his dad several yards into a tree while holding back.

Ah yes user let us talk about all the other exciting shows airing- oh, wait.

>tfw fag doesn't VLC Media Player
I heard every audio just fine. maybe stop being a newfag to the internet?

Isn't that the joke now? The show even pokes fun at it.

But to be fair, I don't really mind Steven crying at certain times, especially in that scene. Knowing you caused the abduction of your dad and you'll probably never see him again will probably make most people cry.

Crying implies inability to control emotions whereas quiet implies control said emotions.
Check mate, vaginists.

Not gonna lie, I was kind of weirded out with the goofy sequence, and then it just went straight serious. I liked it. The gems rattling at the back in their gem form was great.

Crying at every inkling of adversity or discomfort is not a form of health emotional expression.

There are different ways to express complex emotions than crying. Over use of crying makes each subsequent use of it less impactful.

Depression and sorrow have more outlets than just tears

>The issue with Steven is he's 100% pacifist.
I have a feeling they are setting it up. It was just revealed to him that his mom had to shatter someone, and he is still having a hard time warping his mind over that action, but at least he knows now that someday he has to face that decision of actually hurting someone for the sake of the rest of the people.

You forgot screaming, although men enjoy that one as well.

PROGRESSIVE!!!! PROGRESSIVE!!!

I don't get it.

t.fragile males.

>The issue with Steven is he's 100% pacifist
Source, your ass. he has never stated that. Stven will always try to find out a non-violent solution if he can, but he has been shown he does not shy away from fighting if necessary.

Then you've never seen a bee drowned in honey.

t. Tumblr whale

Not that guy, but I'm married and that being quiet shit gets you nowhere. Of you ever plan on marrying, you need to level up your interpersonal communication skills. Either that or stay single. Or get married and be miserable in a cliche, sitcom manner.

Because Sugar is a woman and she is every character and that's how she deals with everything herself. Crying and letting the yesmen do the job

aaawh, hurt your fragile masculinity?

We men have an instinctive disgust in overly sentimental things sweetcheeks. Thats why alot of dudes hate moe anime because its so cutesy its makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Becky has a crying fetish. She's like Bruce Timm, except with crying.

You're supposed to be at least 18 to post here.

>tfw Spongebob is manlier than Steven

>hurt feelings
>stress
>grief
Realy, most of the crying we saw was just Steven's empathic link to BD.
He did not actually feel a thing, he just had a feedback response to someone else's crying. That's why he doesn't look like he's crying even though it's streaking down his face.

That was an extremely stressful situation for him. He had to use his weight shift powers which are tied to his emotions while feeling guilty which hampers his ability to become lighter and being flung around at warp speed in their little gravitatuonal well.
I would cry like that just from riding a bike in cold wind.

>running over the Ruby squad and dismissing their plight wasn't funny
>them running through their own anination studio wasn't funny

If you honestly think crying that frequently is normal, you're fucking delusional.
Watching an all-powerful giant space empress reduced to such a vulnerable state and shedding tears over her fallen friend could have been really powerful if the characters didn't cry at the drop of a hat.

how much crying did you think it took to make the keyboard you're shitposting from?

>I know he's a child but he should have just gotten through it.
And even then, it'd make more sense if it happened in the beginning of the series, but how much shit has this kid been through so far now?

It wasn't.
I agree, I get why they're trying to do it, showing kids they don't have to be afraid of their feelings and crap like that but there's trying to include some values in a show and then there's shoving them into viewers face. You'd think that 10 minutes isn't enough for so much filler and unnecessary messages.

That's a wasp.

Is this the su-hate thread?

I wish.

Isn't that every thread?

He isn't a pacifist, though.
He fought all kinds of battles, stood up to Jasper and Peridot's ship artillery.
He fused to defeat Jasper twice.
He punched his dad in the gut that it rattled his bones and stabbed Bismuth.
Sure, he tries to be nice and diplomatic.
But he does not hesitate long to fight when it becomes necessary.

Crying is a cheap way to convey sadness. There's no art in subtleness when it comes to the amateurs running this show, they just don't understand suffering silently can make a scene so much more powerful.

Bean eyebrows.

More like it's a show for kids so they're being unnecessarily blunt. Most kids shows do that.

I've reached a point where I can't tell if this is serious or not

It's a shitpost either way.

Why the hell are huge sludge-tears so popular nowadays? It's really unappealing.

The Last Airbender didn't need to do that and it was a hit with kids.

Give me one show where people cry as much as SU unironically.

I didn't say that it's a good thing, I said it's common.

I'll take single, thanks.

Crying Breakfast Friends.

That's fine, but I don't know of any other show that uses this tactic to the same extent as SU. Is there one that even comes close?

As far as I'm aware no. I think SU tries to be different which wouldn't be a bad thing but then takes it too far.

>I know he's a child but
He isn't though, he's fourteen, if a 14 year old cried that often they would have their asses beaten by anyone.

Fair enough user. Still, getting better at communication will result in better friendships too. No man is an island.

>Complains about other people being fragile
>Lionizes crying as being a healthy emotional response to ones problems.

>no new episode for a long time
>very first episode since the high anus starts with Steven in tears
Bravo.

I understand your complaints about the crying but there IS explanations to the crying in this bomb.

The Zoo humans aren't used to being rejected what they want so of course they were going to be sad.

Blue Diamond is mourning a death.

Steven almost lost one of his only family members and was all alone in that ship, thinking he might not have been able to fix what WAS HIS FAULT.

Just because it has explanation doesn't mean it's not overused. Someone wrote all those situations right next to each other and made characters deal with them the same way every time. Maybe it's realistic but it's not interesting to watch.

No man, but maybe a SUPER man! (cue heroic music)

Because the most simplistic concept of being in touch with your emotions is being a snivelly bitch instead of actually channeling them into productive pursuits and it is written by simpletons.