Will Rey BTFO males by being the strongest force user ever?

Will Rey BTFO males by being the strongest force user ever?

>strongest force user ever
but why?

at best she'll be at Galen's level.

>you must be 18+ to post on this imageboard
>posts about movie for tween girls

she is the reincarnation of sheev. new empress.

Yes

And if in 15 years time, there is another set of sequels, they'll be even stronger

Also: I hope 2032 Rey is non-binary or something

powerful op females are very in right now

Not only she will stop the Star Destroyer using the Strength, she will Strength push whole fleet out of the system just by having bad dreams.

Has never been canon

>he doesn't know.

Is Revan canon male or female? Can't remember.

Rebels 100% invalidates Starkiller's existence

Nobody cares about Disney fanfiction.

Nope.

Game writers wanted female, stupid chink at Lucasarts forced male because muh comics for little boys.

He will never be canon in Disney SW. It's literally impossible.

You mean everybody cares. Nobody cares about EU anymore. And nobody liked Starkiller in the first place.

How she so cute?

BRING
BACK
GEORGE

Oh boy i can already tell fight choreography will be as """""""""good""""""""" as in TFA.

Rewatched Alien recently
Ripley:
>strong and weak at the same time
>smart, natural and composed
>does everything she can with limited resources
>takes lead when needed
>doesnt make stupid calls
>Rey:
>magic

Honest question. Why do women let this happen? Why do they let directors portrey them as idiots who need magic powers to survive.

>muh headcanon
Uh huh

well, the force is female so... yeah.

She is the real chosen one.

They're taking the (D&D)Game of Thrones approach to storytelling
>there's nothing wrong with your systems other than the fact that they've been run by men, a woman will fix everything

Dragons
But yeah, isn't the all powerful, all magical one usually supposed to be the villain the average josephine defeats after a dark night of the soul?

I've been thinking about this comparison a lot. It really doesn't make any fucking sense to tout Rey as a 'feminist' character when you can find far better female protagonists in the 80s. Rey is a completely flat character who faces no real obstacles. Ripley was anything but.

She will be but she'll also be president of the Universe YASS QUEEN

Honestly Rey becomings Empress or some shit could...work. in a retarded way, but if she's so powerful, who the fuck will be able to stop her?

No, it's worse

I honestly doubt she'll be the most powerful but powerful enough that Luke, being over the hill, is afraid that he won't be able to stop her from doing damage if she gets fully trained

>we use light axes now because fuck you.

No George, no cannon. Anything without him is fan-fiction. I don't give a fuck about rights. So stick that up ya clacker

what shapes of lightsabers are established? i remember some scene with a flat light beam.

Male was the right choice, plus we got canon female for Exile anyway

Reminder that George's cannon brought us such beautiful twists as "Vader built C3PO" and "Chewbacca knew Yoda."

this.
Given that it is his original conception, that means that anything before or after has to be dictated by his own reason and logic

>Left, right, semi fancy spin move
This is gay. I like when like used the saber like a bat but he wasn't formally trained in light sabering.

Rey is supposed to be being trained by Jedi master Luke and shes swinging it like a fucking pool noodle

And how could I forgot, "Every storm trooper is Boba Fett."

Because Ripley is a character, while Rey is Kathleen Kennedy's power fantasy. She doesn't even try hiding it.

Not that I'm against power fantasy characters, but you should either relegate them Popcorn movies, or put in the effort to make them work on a level more than superficial, like Conan the barbarian.
Having a popcorn level superhero and trying to pass it off as empowering simply doesn't work.

>2017
>shitty looking sped up reverse motion
Is film making a lost art?

It is reverse isnt it? I thought it looked wierd.

Is it just me, or is Rey meant to look like Bastilla, and Mask guy like Revan?

Right!? It's like anything outside of Tolkiens own writings being cannon in Middle Earth. Fuck that shit!

I don't think there's much resemblance to Bastila other than being a cute brunette.

The Revan thing with Kylo is just because there's only so many variations on the Dark Robed Mask Man villain.

>Not that I'm against power fantasy characters but you should either relegate them Popcorn movies
That's what they did here, friendo.

Just you, m8.
Bastila had an orange and dark brown look that was fully covering, while Revan's mask was a lot narrower with more sharp angles.

>strongest force user ever

I wouldn't even care. Any magic and wonder this franchise had is fucking dead.

she could take a chunk out of a fence post with those chompers

It's obviously reversed, it's impossible to make a movement like that. It's super lame. it looks like the filming crew went on that island and improvise some shit they will call "training"

See, I actually liked the C3PO bit.
A lot of the bullshit of 1 and 2 had emotional payoff in 3

Yeah, but they're trying to give the character a status above its station, which is retarded.
They're trying to have a popcorn movie character while claiming she's something more.

Take Superman, for example. He isn't supposed to be empowering to men, because any man with a brain knows he's never going to be anywhere near Superman. He's supposed to embody an ideal, and be a guy you can generally look up to.
Likewise, Rey's plot superpowers mean she's not some ideal to aspire to, since how can you work hard and attain the ability to rewrite reality to make yourself look better? Unlike Superman, however, Rey doesn't represent anything, because the fact people can't measure up against her is due to incompetent writing as opposed to author intent.
Also unlike Superman, who would be a swell guy even if he didn't have powers, Rey is frankly unlikable and has no traits that place her as anything extraordinary.

Yes and she will cuck All White Men by sucking john boyega's dick.
>most powerful jedi
>woman
>feminist
>dates black guys only
>saves the universe
>mary sue knowing everything from day 1
>TFA = highest grossing film ever

I honestly think the flat beam was just because the effects were difficult to do in 1977. The only scenes I remember it from are the original.

>See, I actually liked the C3PO bit.

Dear God, dude.

Great post m8
My OP was more of a wisecrack towards Star Wars as a whole rather than a disagreement with your OP
>Unlike Superman, however, Rey doesn't represent anything, because the fact people can't measure up against her is due to incompetent writing as opposed to author intent.
This has been basically how Hollywood has been rolling the last few years
It's hard to have a good black character, or woman character, if that black and that woman are supposed to be examples for the black and female population rather than flawed individuals dealing with tricky moral conundrums
The push for equality has ironically (but not unexpectedly) has led to minorities and women being in a position where they can't be anything but a parody

wooow she stopped just 2 inches before hitting that rock

she a woman. shes got experiance only with much shorter rods

This is basically the stumbling block advocates for media representation are running into. Since no one can fucking agree on what a 'good' minority/female/whatever character should be like, Hollywood churns out in offensive, shallow protagonists who never deal with real conflict.

Trying so hard, crying so sad.