/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons Fuck Anoat City Edition

Fuck Anoat City

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.11: "Ghosts of Geonosis" (January 7)

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/exclusive-cullen-bunn-talks-marvels-darth-maul-series-plus-a-first-look-at-new-variant-covers
starwars.com/news/interview-dave-filoni-on-star-wars-rebels-part-2
slashfilm.com/star-wars-rebels-season-3-panel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Boba Fett

Second for Ezra is a buttslut

Third for fuck the Vong and BobaFett

Is it butthurt to not like the Vong? Because unless they somehow are better than what i heard of them they aren't interesting

Fifth for Life Debt isn't as bad as Aftermath but it still is pretty bad

Finally an edition I can get behind, Anoat was the bane of my 10 year old existance
>Prison, Imperial City and the Executor are still top tier levels though

No, the Vong were a retarded idea born out of desperation to concoct a villain capable of challenging the Jedi after the Sith become a non-factor. They're shit and always have been, which anyone in the galaxy would say that isn't a Duro.

hey bros, I come to you in dire need.

Does anyone have decent screen grabs, or better yet asset pages, from the episode of rebels where Zeb and Kallus are trapped alone on that Ice moon?

I'm specifically looking for good reference of that shit little space heater they had for a while.

Thanks!

Oh fuck, talk about obscure. I'll try and make a grab if they even focused on it enough.

Did anyone get the Adventures in Wild Space books that came out today?

that would be amazing, thank you!

I'll never understand why people give a shit about this fight.

It wasn't interesting in the slightest, it didn't show anything new about the characters, it didn't change anything important at all.

The whole point of it was to get rid of a useless, and frankly boring and annoying, character that never should have been in the show to begin with.

Here mate, hope this helps.

Does anyone have the handy infographic showing all the best episodes and arcs of the Star Wars: Clone Wars series?

Disregard that infographic, it's neither handy or informative.

It was the conclusion to a character arc that began almost a decade ago. Of course it's going to have some weight to it

I feel like Commander really would've worked better as a Clone Wars game

You can just google them which is probably better anyway because people bitch over chart is best or just parrot "WATCH IT ALL WATCH IT ALL" even when someone is specifically saying they only wanted to view what is considered the best.

>no comic
>no rebels apperance
>movie is schrodinger's cat

What the fuck disney?

>It was the conclusion to a character arc
it concluded dick and accomplished nothing.

Thank the Maker the trolls are still stuck in the last thread

Has anyone posted the Darth Maul preview? Gotta love seeing Rathars again. Everybody loves Rathtars.

starwars.com/news/exclusive-cullen-bunn-talks-marvels-darth-maul-series-plus-a-first-look-at-new-variant-covers

Reminder that K2 is street certified

is people forgetting the second T a meme or something?

Use this one(the other guide is shit).

*** is Essential

** is Semi-Essential(some really good episodes here)

* is not Essential and can be skipped

>not like doom key hunts and puzzles in your shooters

DELET THIS!

Why the fuck do so many characters in rebels wear shoulder armor? Like, I get that it could be useful for some, like Kanan, but it doesn't make sense on a lot of others.

Minister Tua, Commander Sato, Hera...
Non-combat positions and yet, fucking shoulder armor; why??

Thanks bro!

it's in style

because pauldrons are awesome, and most people shoot in profile, so the pauldron will be facing the enemy and protect you from oncoming fire

Oh fuck. The darkness, the pipework, the diagonas. I remember it all.

This game made a splendid job in putting you in the skin of a mercenary lost in the sewers. The perfect balance of rage and fear.

aw shit it's motherfucking dark forces

I finally got hold the game and finished this level together with a friend, we never managed to finish it back when we were kids

They're transitioning between the PT, which used armor, and the OT which typically didn't for the Rebellion. By season 3 they are close enough to forming the Alliance that the cast transitions into more OT styles.

Sabine still wears Mando style shoulder armor so she is (ironically) the only one who doesn't really change beyond her color scheme.

I thought the rebels just couldnt afford armor, and the old EU mentioned they had heavily armored troops for special occasions

>PT, which used armor
the PT was pretty much exclusively during a fucking war.
>and the OT which typically didn't for the Rebellion.
Because the rebels are supposed to be poor as shit and in dire straits all the time until they blow up the Death Star and really draw people to them, something the TV show does a terrible job of showing

>no MC80s or Nebulon Bs
>no X-wings
>always runs from ISDs
>no strike ability on core worlds

they seem pretty poor to me

If the Rebellion was interested in armor they could just strip it off their enemies, repaint it a bit.

It's a purely stylistic choice. Faceless imperial troopers versus brave rebels armored only in knowing their cause is virtuous. Does it actually protect them? No, only plot armor really protects because even Stormtroopers die with one shot or you can knock them out by punching their helmets/hitting them with a baton. It's like shields for starfighters, in actual on-screen terms shields do absolutely shit.

>Literally every episode throwing away scores of pilots and ships over and over again

it's hard to take the "we need more people/ships" shit if you watch them just fucking blow up all their cruisers and pilots every week.

at least in video games and the tabletop games, shields can actually double your effective toughness

You're confusing in-universe with thematic stylistic choices.

>Because the rebels are supposed to be poor as shit and in dire straits all the time until they blow up the Death Star and really draw people to them
Source?

>something the TV show does a terrible job of showing
Quite the opposite.

>battle of sarif
a single MC75
couldnt destroy the shield generator without quick thinking
>battle of yavin
30 snub fighters
>battle of endor
multiple MC80s
had some degree of confidence in tackling the second death star in a straight fight

you missed my comment on non-combat positions like minister Tua, an ELECTED OFFICIAL!

honestly, this is the best answer I can think of; while some of the pauldron choices seemed retarded, at least they're moving away from them

>not liking puzzles in your star wars doom wads

>this is the best answer I can think of;
It's the answer the Rebels designers told us for the season 3 character changes.

That would be one of those video game mechanic bits that isn't canon

wakka wakka!

well, interior shots of the pilots show lots of flashing against the wind shield, so i guess the shield is working, its just that they didnt have the budget to show it

I'm just making a joke. You know the old bit about how how things work in the video games isn't necessarily canon so you can't just take how certain ships handle as how they handle in-universe?

Or, hell, Battlefront having Vader running around stabbing rebels on Endor and ROTJ Luke on Hoth.

O like lukes RotJ outfie, it seems to be criminally underused in favor of the orange flightsuit or his farmboy outfit

Me too
I don't like the flightsuit or farmboy outfits all that much
Bespin Luke is good too but RotJ will always be top

sadly we never get to see jedi luke in action too much
but him chopping the speeder bike was pretty cool

Hera makes sense since she's a pilot. We don't want shrapnel

Rey, or Jyn?

Jyn

Not even a question.

jyn

What happened?

>the player character's ship in commander is a modified clone shuttle from genndywars
neat.jpg

The texture of his new haircut is so strange. It's slicked back but also like it's trying to be a buzzcut.

He got older.

Trauma induced maturity.

Blue milk. It does a body good.

It's called puberty. You'll experience it soon.

>he went from "nice to meet you, sir" to "your Padawan calls me Master, too"

Too much fucking Conflict!

>falling for Galactic Pharma's tricks

when is he going to turn to the Dark Side?

I have a feeling Kanan will die (probably by fault of Ezra) and Ezra will turn then and probably go into hiding like Maul

Idk if Rebels will kill them both off just to have the "last if the Jedi" be Luke in Return

Love that label, shit's tight.

I would hate to have them die, maybe they just end up becoming not real jedi

Guilt.

Why, cause she's a girl?

>maybe they just end up becoming not real jedi
that's such a cop out

You leave Phasma's momma out of this! She makes the bulk of the galaxy's blue milk herself! From her own teats!

JERK!

>jerk
bet your sweet ass I'm doing it

i feel like just killing them would be a pretty big waste too

How can they become Jedi when the Jedi Order is gone? When they have no former Jedi Masters training them?

Kanan was, at best, a Padawan officially. His "knighting" took place in his mind, through the force, not through official Jedi Order means.

We all are, user. We just don't draw attention to it like you do.

>Idk if Rebels will kill them both off just to have the "last if the Jedi" be Luke in Return

They'll kill off Kanan at the least. Ezra can still live and walk away from the Jedi path. Which I could see happening with Kanan dying. Without Kanan, as far as he knows, he can't proceed and he'll obviously never find where Kenobi is either.

starwars.com/news/interview-dave-filoni-on-star-wars-rebels-part-2

>StarWars.com: I have a bit of a continuity challenge for you. In Return of the Jedi, Yoda tells Luke, “When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be.” But now he knows that Kanan and Ezra are out there. We obviously don’t know at this point what will happen to them, but is that something you’re aware of?

>Dave Filoni: I don’t see it as a challenge at all. It’s what the Sith call an absolute. When Obi-Wan says to Luke, “Your father was the greatest starfighter pilot in the galaxy,” is that true? Or is that something you tell a kid because you want him to believe his father was great? It doesn’t have to be empirical or absolutely true. Saying Luke is “the last,” is that a singular thing, or is he the last of a group? I don’t know.

>It definitely is something that comes up, and we discuss that moment all the time for what it could mean. It is possible to interpret it as, Luke is the last person that’s following the path as laid out by the Jedi Order, which we knew. The way of the Jedi is not the only way to use the light side of the Force. Luke is taught by Obi-Wan and Yoda, who very much followed the dogma of the day. So, he is the last of that line for sure. That’s absolutely true. But you don’t have to be a Jedi to use the Force. You don’t have to be a Sith to use the dark side.

I'm figuring they won't go the route that every other Jedi seems to go, especially since it would just be a rehash of what happened to Kanan. My bet is that they'll die together saving the rest of the Ghost crew.

I would like to think that kanan and ezra survive to get knighted after the jedi orderis founded, and become teachers

that way luke is the last jedi, kanan and ezra survive, and somebody with experience gets to be his teachers

the idea that luke was the only teacher always bothers me

if you don't kill them off by the time Ep IV hits there's a plot hole as to why they never showed up to train Luke in the OT, as Jedi are among the most powerful and important people in the whole Rebellion

> His "knighting" took place in his mind
Through visions, though not really in his head.

>not through official Jedi Order means.

He was knighted by the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. Granted, the rest of the council wasn't present. But if anyone has the authority to take it upon them self to Knight someone, it's Yoda.

That's not a plot hole.

they could show him some lightsaber tricks, but they never got the spiritual side of being a jedi, and luke was busy being a AoR character not a FaD character, only in EPV did he feel the need to exercise his jedi lineage, but he had yoda by then

>I would like to think that kanan and ezra survive to get knighted after the jedi orderis founded, and become teachers

But Kanan was already Knighted. He IS a Jedi.

>that way luke is the last jedi

Only if Kanan walks away or dies.

"""knighted"""

Best I could find on short notice:

>The style of the characters are starting to line up the style of how characters look in A New Hope and Rogue One as we’re getting closer in to that timeline. For example, Zeb has less armor now and a style that fits in more with aliens from the original trilogy.

slashfilm.com/star-wars-rebels-season-3-panel/

The Celebration panel is nearly an hour long, and though it's awesome shit I don't have time at the moment to rewatch and see if it was said in the panel or of the author of the article added that bit.

Because Yoda's clearly so worthy as to decide that after 800+ years of being rused.

If I pulled off that mask, would he die?

Not as stupid as your face.