/who/ - Doctor Who General

best doctor edition

previously on /who/:

Other urls found in this thread:

epicmafia.com/game/6241220?password=42f246dacebce485cb99c14fa46ec6ab6b6b23bf
docs.google.com/document/d/1zziCoMr7Ii8J5r4DxupelULQvwZWvT1KAelSK8u963A/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=jvKLhj4xz9w
epicmafia.com/game/6241424?password=5116c28e651a19013822c09e5c70c9fc425a66dc
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Final_Game_(TV_story)
getcomics.info/
epicmafia.com/game/6241465?password=8e545e1c31f91f777c894b3bd2c2e7d7044cc9dd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best book cover edition

nth for moody teenage Thirteen.

"When was the last time you came so hard and so long you forgot where you are?"

- Chris "Better than Shakespeare" Chibnall

i wonder who made this thread

I legitimately don't understand what the problem is here.

hat

epicmafia.com/game/6241220?password=42f246dacebce485cb99c14fa46ec6ab6b6b23bf - I've made a mafia game
Join if you want, I'll be spending some more time writing my paper waiting for people to come

docs.google.com/document/d/1zziCoMr7Ii8J5r4DxupelULQvwZWvT1KAelSK8u963A/edit - guide

кинó

whats wrong?

What would you think of a mini series where the Doctor is dead in the far far future, but is brought back from the dead think 5th element and due to desperate circumstances he's needed. Who his previous dead incarnation was would be left ambiguous he'd be resurrected in a new physical form. The mini series wouldn't contradict the main series, or divulge how the Doctor ended up dying it would just be a once off plot focusing on the last Doctor. But you could keep it open ended too and say the Doctor will always be resurrected/carry on.

>The most dated sounding album of Bowie album
>not never let me down

Let's Dance sounds pretty good still.

>it's the first result on google images
oh no... oh no no no...

>the thought of learning this terrible truth...feels so bad
It's okay, it'll take a long while before it dawns on you.

I'm so excited for you to read these books, you have no idea. You'll love them!

I'm innocent.

Look at the image above "Coleman"

The fact that such a beauty is an Anglo is what's wrong. Shes like winning the lotto, because Anglo women are absolutely disgusting. Must have Irish genes in her.

hint to those that still don't get it: it's an edit

I should clarify that he meant the thing wrong with the picture is an edited picture of Jenna Coleman, not that the picture I posted was an edit.

>tfw to dumb to understand this image

Is it weird to be gay and think Jenna is a mega qt?

Oh, yes. My bad, sorry. Should've been clearer about that!

i have probably seen less than 10 eps of who in my entire life

earlier today there was an ep where karen's doctor ended and morphed tino the older guy for her is this how they doctors always switch?

Yes, it's called regeneration, although the special effects used for it have changed throughout the years:
youtube.com/watch?v=jvKLhj4xz9w

Same basic principle though, which is that the Doctor gets fatally injured, and instead of dying, he gets an entirely new body (and personality, too!)

I think this was so unsaid and implicit that it didn't land the way it could have, but I think Human Nature / The Family of Blood is a huge part of 10's reaction to regeneration in the S4 finale and EOT.

You know how when women give birth they're flooded with a lot of hormones to make them forget how painful it is, a biological imperative to encourage them to have kids again later? I see regeneration as kind of similar, regenerating kind of clears your mind from the pain/any feelings of not wanting to regenerate as the previous doctor regenerated. When you're a new Doctor it's all new and off you go. You can't actively remember the ego death of regenerating.

But 10 did suffer ego death, he did 'die' because he was a separate consciousness, man, John Smith in S3. Like he says at the end of that ep, he can remember it, it's buried down in him but it's part of him. He can remember 'dying', his consciousness being subsumed and swept away and "a new man sauntering off" in its place. That's not natural for a Time Lord. I think it contextualises his fear of regeneration in a big way. He's died without the mercy of forgetting what death is like, so he's even more scared of dying again.

>I'm so excited for you to read these books, you have no idea. You'll love them!
Aw, I've been so excited seeing you go through the audios so I know the feeling =) I'm sure I'll love them too! Gonna dive in the film novel after the stream...

ok what what was that big gash of light in the wall that the girl implored to help him and then it went into the sky? lol this show is weird

>I've been so excited seeing you go through the audios so I know the feeling
I feel bad for getting through them so slowly now... but, you know, you're making an effort here with the EDAs, so I suppose I'd better make one with the audios too. It'll be fun to finally be able to discuss each of the series with you!

Hm. In simple terms, it was a split in the fabric of the universe, and on the other side of it is the Doctor's home planet, seen in pic related. The Doctor's people are called the Time Lords, and they all have this regenerative ability too. Normally they can only regenerate a specific amount of times, and the Doctor had reached his maximum amount, so instead of getting a new body, he was dying for real. Clara (the girl) spoke to the Doctor's people through the crack, and asked them to give him more regenerations so that he would survive, which they did. For reasons!

Assuming you watched a significant amount of the episode then, you'll also know that when the Doctor regenerated at that point, it was really explosive and it blew up a lot of spaceships... normally it's not so powerful, as you can see in the video I linked. There's a few in-universe reasons for why that particular regeneration was so destructive, but I won't bore you with those!

Sorry if any of that was confusing, but feel free to ask more questions if you want.

Here's a good game that was floating around earlier in the week.

Series 11 crashes and Chibnall is fired. You're brought in to resurrect and rebrand the show for Series 12.

>What kind of Doctor would you have/who would you cast?

>You've got 10 one hour long episodes to produce. What are their titles?

I'd have my Doctor be rather cold and reserved, but occasionally prone to bursts of passion and fire. Like 12, but a little more reserved. Younger too, maybe mid 30s. Partial to warm cardigans and tea.

Episodes:

>Alpha (Part 1)
>Sense-Fear
>The Fibonacci Principle
>The 99 Theses (Part 1)
>Reformation of the Daleks (Part 2)
>The Ship at the Edge of the Universe
>The Boy Who Ran Away (Part 2)
>War of the Axons
>The Woman Who Came Back (Part 3)
>Omega (Part 4)

no that was a great answer, thanks though i dont normally reply to tripfags

LOL

appreciate it

No problem and no worries, user, it's all good.

Oh I know you're busy (especially with worms and whatnot), don't rush just for my sake!
What EDA are you up to these days?

Tfw everyone's watching Tennant instead of mafia-ing

>10 wins again
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

No, I can sympathise with you there. She's a beautiful woman (probably).

Is there a good collection of high res Classic Who images anywhere? I know Tragical History Tour has lots of nice pics, but they're not always in the best quality.

It's kinda frustrating, 'cus I'd like to be further along by this point but I just have so little time for everything...

>What EDA are you up to these days?
I'm halfway through Parallel 59, which is pretty interesting so far, but it's another story wherein the Doctor gets split up from his companions... which happens a lot, actually. Still, some excellent character moments, and I'm really enjoying it so far!

When the woodlice call, the McGanon has to answer...it's the curse of the book lords...

Ooh that cover actually has McGann on it, I thought most of them avoided that!

Not just woodlice... I have a lab about annelids tomorrow. I think I have to dissect an earthworm.

Also, yeah for the most part, the EDAs don't use pictures of McGann on the cover, but there's a few that do: Demontage, Interference, Parallel 59, The Burning, The Year of Intelligent Tigers, The Slow Empire, Trading Futures, The Crooked World (technically...), History 101 and The Deadstone Memorial, and I think that's it.

reminder that +3 people for mafia

Michelle Gomez was easily one of the best things to happen to this show and she only got about six episodes-worth of screentime and no spin-off when shite like Class exists. Fuck this world.

>>What kind of Doctor would you have/who would you cast?
I would cast Tom Pelphrey and he would be McGann 2.0 to continue the pattern.

Episodes:

>Bannerman Road
>Curse of the Chumbleys
>Death to the Slitheen!
>Temple (Part 1)
>Noble (Part 2)
>Rani
>Child's Play (Part 1)
>Whatever Happened to the Doctor? (Part 2)
>The World (Part 3 )
>Made in War (Part 4)

The official BBC episode guide has a few nice ones.

Quality over quantity, imo. I hate this idea of extending everything indefinitely just because it's good. Missy's ending is the most kino thing about her.

Wow, there are still enough earthworms around to dissect? I thought they'd all been wiped out from global worming

>using a pun while flirting.
Step up your game senpai

server bugged
reconnect

dunno about earthworms but i've dissected a rat, luckily it was dead before hand, though i did have to squeeze all the preservative fluid out of it, was more interesting than it was gross, it's liver was like flower petals, the only bad thing about it is i had the smell of the preservative fluid stuck in my nose all day.

well there's my two cents

>I'm so excited for you to read these books, you have no idea.
>Aw, I've been so excited seeing you go through the audios so I know the feeling =)

guys i cant even, youre so fucking cute i swear

>global worming
oh neo, neo, neo...

You don't have to relink it, it's okay. It just pops you back into the lobby and you can hit reconnect from there!

I got to watch a rat dissection in first year, never actually did it myself. My class was too big and they wanted to minimise the loss of life, naturally. I did get to dissect a heart and lungs, though. Or, rather, I sat back and let my partner do it while I tried to hold my breath against the smell. It's not a very pleasant business. I dissected a snail today, had to cut its shell off with bone shears, and check its tummy for parasites. Sorry, this isn't very pleasant information, is it? How about that Doctor Who, eh?

Missy was kino when she was murdering people for a laugh. Like all Moffat women she ended up falling in love with the Doctor, ruining her character.

>she ended up falling in love with the Doctor,
When? The Master was always like that

I dissected a rat back in school days, trying to remember what else...a sheep heart, I remember that. Probably some things I'm forgetting. Very fascinating but also pretty gross!

I meant to spoiler tag the "o" but messed up :Z

She called the Doctor 'her boyfriend' in literally her very first scene

The guards look like the robots from the Viking episode.

was it kino?

silly neo

>She called the Doctor 'her boyfriend' in literally her very first scene
That was a joke.

What's it like to have photo evidence of literally the greatest moment of your life

The Master never even considered turning good until Missy. And he certainly never stabbed himself in the back for the Doctor. Michelle should've just been allowed to play a proper villain, like all the male Master actors were.

I hate that line. But it was one line. And Missy did plenty of nefarious shit in Series 8 to make up for it.

Link new mafia.

one more MAYBe?

You guys playing mafia? Ring me up when you start a new game!

>The Master never even considered turning good until Missy

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Final_Game_(TV_story)

You know what wasn't silly? That slick as hell move in your screencap.

>urning good until Missy. And he certainly never stabbed himself in the back for the Doctor.
That's what made her one of the better masters.
Do really want another "Le drums dinnertime!!!" Simm or a complete joke like Ainley?

We need ppl get in

It's pretty fucking good, user.

I'm shocked it paid off so well, honestly. If it hadn't been the disguiser, nobody would've known for sure whether or not I'd managed to kill one of the mafia.

Anyways, must sleep. Goodnight /who/!

The worst Master is Roberts hands down.

Night you!

>No mention of Tipple
user...

Good night!

>a story that literally never happened which was meant to kill off the character for good

No and no. The bored-immortal-psychopath-with-a-sense-of-humour that we got in Series 8, and to a lesser extent Series 9, was working really well for her.

>One second late
Existence is pain

Are you the user who kept arguing about wanting the classic Daleks back?

will probably be another

No that's me.

No. Unless I'm lying.

>she ended up falling in love with the Doctor, ruining her character.
You might be retarded.
Anyone else agreeing with this is also retarded. Moffat made it very clear how he was writing 12 and Missy's relationship in TMA, sorry you all forgot. They are friends.
There is not a single moment in S10 which suggests she has "fallen in love with the Doctor".

where's a good place to read/dl the dr. who comics?
I want to keep up with the lost dimension event happening now but RCO is 2 issues behind on it.

getcomics.info/ for Download

Do you guys think there was any sort of romance between the Master and the Doctor back on Gallifrey? I know I'm probably just being a retarded shipper and they were probably just homies but for all we know, the Master's second through twelve bodies all could have been ladies

No, I agree with you user. The nature of the relationship was explained in S9 and then fleshed out in S10. I don't think Missy was in love with the Doctor at all. This shit cray.

VK has quite a few, but I'm not sure how recent they are.

I just don't see that hinted at anywhere in their relationship. It's far more likely they're siblings rather than lovers.

epicmafia.com/game/6241465?password=8e545e1c31f91f777c894b3bd2c2e7d7044cc9dd

new (probably last) game
join

I think they have some strong feelings for each other, but I don't think it's romantic love.

They have been each others constants for so long, so I think there's some sort of appreciation and friendship?

Them being brothers would be too cheesy (and yes I say this as hoping they had a romantic past whatever), and they kinda shot that idea down in The Sound of Drums. Unless Briggs reveals that they were always brothers in the 1DAs

I was always fine with the Doctor and the Master just being classmates - is this just me who thinks this or am I insane?

>Be doctor cibber
>Jack reveals himself as party host
>Mafia move to kill the revealed villy
>I protect the guy
>Repeat
>Meteor lands and kills everyone because noone was dying
>mfw

2 more for mafia

Before Delgado died, the Master was going to be revealed as the Doctor's secret twin brother. Of course, after Delgado's death, the idea (and the character) were abandoned. They eventually brought the Master back with Beevers and Ainely but left the brother idea buried because they thought it was too cheesy as well. I just don't think it fits with the nature of their relationship, but your headcanon is whatever you want it to be.

doesn't seem to have it unless I'm an idiot and/or the search function is lying.
VK is only one issue behind so that's at least better than RCO.

Ah yeah. How recent is the latest issue? Sometimes it takes them close to a month before someone gets it up.

She certainly acted like she was in love with him. Like River Song and Tasha Lem, and probably other characters I'm forgetting, she was a "bad girl" that the Doctor turned to the Light Side with his love/compassion. Although in Missy's case perhaps Stockholm Syndrome is a better description.

Do you honestly think that the Master would have been written so uncharacteristically soft and vulnerable, crying in ever other episode of Series 10, if the character was still played by a man?

Braxiatel is a much better character to have as the Doctor's brother, anyways. An evil twin is too much, but a gallifreyan political traditionalist? perfect.

Yeah I know about that, I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it though. If done right it (especially with the Master sacrificing himself for the Doctor) would've been kino, but then we would've missed out on a bunch of kino Master stories later on

I think that.

Nothing more.

Try, nano-brain, to rise above the reproductive frenzy of your noisy little food chain, and contemplate friendship. A friendship older than your civilisation, and infinitely more complex.

>Do you honestly think that the Master would have been written so uncharacteristically soft and vulnerable, crying in ever other episode of Series 10, if the character was still played by a man?

Different user, but I actually had the same thought, and that I realized that while this is definitely the arc I wanted from the Master, it does speak to Moffat's woman tropes that it only happens when the Master is a woman. Despite that gripe though, I like the arc and think it makes sense, and if there is any romantic interaction between the two, it's implied that it started far before she became, well, she.

Was supposed to be 2 days ago but I just finished reading the latest available one and the next issue has been delayed until the 18th. This event is full of delays so I can't say that I'm surprised.

>It's a get killed immediately episode

They have to have cared about each other in some way prior to our first seeing them, otherwise it doesn't make sense that the Delgado Master's greatest fear is being laughed at by the Doctor.

I'd always viewed that it was more of an ego thing personally with The Master seeing himself as superior to the Doctor and suddenly finding a literally towering version of the Doctor laughing at him - a sudden role reversal / inferiority-complex perhaps?

The Caves of Androzani?

mafia

Ok so I don't normally mind mafia stuff being posted, but this is seriously going over the top now when the thread has like 20 posts begging people to join. Make a discord or something.