LEGION

This was rather lovecraftian, unironically

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6AfE3TDJwHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There was nothing lovecraftian about that. Great show, though.

I mean, they specifically said it was a mutant, but it had that cosmic entity vibe all over it.

the waifest of all waifus

this modafuka reminded me of Pennywise

That show was the defintion of try-hard. Try-hard acting, try-hard writing, try-hard directing, try-hard set pieces - absolutely tasteless. Got the same vibe from American Gods.

pleb

So they tried hard and they succeeded? This criticism seems to stem off more from your own awkward and pretentious mental state than from issues with the show.

yep, I couldn't last more than a couple episodes. it wasn't bad; in fact I would say it's objectively "good," but it had that feeling like you describe

What IS lovecraftian, anyway?

i want to fuck syd

Worlds angirest boy in the world.

David i just LE QUIRKY YOUNG TALENTED MAN. He doesn't finish even half of the sentences he starts.

really liking all these new cape shit shows.
inhumans and the gifted look good so far too.

They did say it was a mutant but I thought all those references to "what did the stars say" implied it was a psychic parasite from outer space, kinda disappointed about how banal it turned out

Something resembling the works of H.P. Lovecraft.
>LE QUIRKY YOUNG TALENTED MAN
This is what passes as criticism among the tards on the board. This kid is also probably deeply entrenched in a brand war between marvel and DC or some other bullshit.

Lynchian, dare I say

I interpreted it as David actually listening thoughts of ayy lmaos across the galaxy. I'm glad it wasn't that, I admit it is retarded.

The sound, music, acting and effects were stupendous. It was masterfully, MASTERFULLY directed.... But all of this talent was wasted on a capeshit storyline. The fact it was about some c-list X-men was the worst things about it.

Do you think they will use MacAvoy on this shit? David kind of looks like him.

Yeah it felt like the show was sucking its own dick a lot, not that that's a bad thing, I just didn't like Dan Stevens much in this role because he comes off as a punished-chad type character when he's supposed to be a mentally unstable shut-in type. It didn't really ever gel for me.

I also didn't like that both protagonists were white and blonde. I'm white myself and have pride in my own race, it just felt like an odd match up, like pressing the same-charged sides of two magnets together. I wish one of them had been brunette or at least red head, because it seemed like there was an odd tension between them.

Uh, I was saying the opposite
Accidentally contacting an alien parasite would've been lovecraftian and good
Actually the parasite being just some dumbass mutant was banal and disappointing

Genuinely enjoyed this show

I don't know what it is about her. She's not very attractive, but she's somehow really sexy in this show.

>What IS lovecraftian, anyway?

Me too, I just can't Barret.

I think the showrunner said something about keeping Legion to itself. I hope I'm wrong though.

Post Syd's butt

All her lines were written for a middle aged guy, and then they hired her and didn't change the script. So she comes across as an aggressive, predatory lesbian who just wents to get high and fuck bitches with you

Villainfu

there are always the rumors about Patrick Stewart being in it

They used an actual Professor X wheelchair from the movies

test

>alien parasite

Yeah that would have been great

>But all of this talent was wasted on a capeshit storyline
And then that's your own prejudice against a medium that you perceive as inferior, probably due to peer pressure. Until you have superheroes flying around, saving the world, you don't get to call it capeshit.
If it is, then A History of Violence and The Walking Dead are also capeshit.

ayy lmaos are always a good thing

>The Walking Dead

Same level as capeshit

>A History of Violence

Don't mess with that yo

youtube.com/watch?v=6AfE3TDJwHs

hnnnngh

Can we agree yet that Syd and the Summerland crew are delusional split personalities (that can nonetheless be real existing people thanks to the rules of his power) and Clockworks and Summerland are dreamscapes?

Think about the dense forest they seem to have to travel through to reach anywhere. And what happened to all the "students" that were filling up Summerland when we first saw it? Suddenly the place was empty.

probably just lazy writing user

also, ¿how in hell did he had such a great condo if he was just a loser

>My imaginary powerlevels are an objective measure of anything
Go play in traffic, kid.

His gf probably had a job

You don't HONESTLY think TWD is any good, right?

No, it's probably the worst acting I've ever seen.
I don't see what that has to do with the subject, though.

>Something resembling the works of H.P. Lovecraft.

So...is

lovecraftian=cosmic horror

or is there something else about it?

Big word + literary reference. Make me feel smart

Why would I want to appear smart on Sup Forums? I'm honestly curious.

For me, the show started very strong but midway through until the finale it seemed to meander and become stale.
Hopefully they fix this for the next season or I'll drop it

I found it annoying that David got stronger every episode with barely any training shown. Like he can suddenly levitate out of nowhere.

try-hard contrarian (you)

I dunno I thought it was all great up until the last episode which was a bit of a letdown. the whole 3 episode arc of going to the house and getting trapped in the "mental hospital" was great and had amazing payoff

It's more inter-dimensional and bodily horror, isn't it? I tried to read the necronomicon once and it made me nap.

i think grimdark, spooky, and sometimes steampunkish (Nemo-ish) and tentacle mosnster resemblances

they literally trained him from episode to episode

look it like that, ep 8 is an epilogue and prologue to s2 (and s3? as Lenny got away)

BIG tongue!

>they literally trained him from episode to episode

They called it "memory work" and "talk work", neither of which made him a better telepath. Suddenly he can havoc shit up without being angry.

They're mind powers.
Having him run around the compound won't make him better.

>i think grimdark, spooky, and sometimes steampunkish (Nemo-ish) and tentacle mosnster resemblances
Not even close. It's the unknown, and unknowable cosmic horror.

for you

>Probably disliked hannibal too for "try harding"
>pathetic.jpg

the last episode sucked shit, the rest was good.

bump