How does Bilbo afford the mortgage for this place

How does Bilbo afford the mortgage for this place

Other urls found in this thread:

greenbuildingelements.com/2008/12/01/hand-build-an-earth-sheltered-house-for-5000/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was the village dealer.

What's the property tax on a hobbit hole? What are the import tolls on fireworks?

JRR Hackien pls respond

Hobbits get tax exemptions on certain crops which makes growing them highly profitable. They are also protected by high tariffs to prevent other races from dumping similar crops for cheap into the Shire.

The eagles pay for it

Earthhomes are cheap as shit to make. You can do it mostly by yourself for less than 5K.

greenbuildingelements.com/2008/12/01/hand-build-an-earth-sheltered-house-for-5000/

Hobbit families inherit their wealth that was built off of slave labor.

>But one young couple in Wales managing on an annual income of just $10,000

is that a typo?

The hobbits jump onto the Buckleberry Ferry without paying a toll. Is it a private enterprise (hence an act of theft) or a public service?
If public, does this mean it's maintained and paid for by Buckland, the Shire, or split between each?

Probably not, the Welsh are poorfags.

Bilbo is old money. He also got a lot of money from that dragon adventure and like a wise hobbit he was, made sure the government had no clue about it.

I'm also sure, he abused the welfare system and used money from that to pay the fees.

How many Hobbits live in The Shire total? Like 3,000?

Is there a more comfy home in fiction?

The apartment from The Fifth Element, perhaps?

He was loaded dude.

Who cares? The focus wasn't on the tax policy of Aragorn, nor the civil rights of the people of Laketown. The focus was on an ancient evil returning and how races from all corners of middle Earth had to rise up to vanquish it. Not every story has to be grounded in realism to the point it reflects real life.

t. brainlet

enjoy your shit fantasy then

There are no Jews in the shire to ruin the housing market with mass immigration and foreign investment.

It's been paid for for generations dumb-dumb

Keep in mind it is his 111th Tax day
He taxes half of them half as much as he would like, and taxes less than half of the them half as much as they deserve

>4 bedrooms
>3 bathrooms
>Massive garden
>3 living rooms

How did Bilbo afford this?

the house market isnt was it was anymore

>Did the people who looted Bilbo's house at the end of the Hobbit have any claim to his property under squatters rights after it had been abandoned for so long?
>What sort of inheritance or land transfer tax did Frodo have to pay after Bilbo left it to him? >Does the Shire's bank accept Mithril garments as payment?

I can't believe Tolkien would leave us to fill in these blanks ourselves?

First of all Hobbit holes are ancestral homes built long ago and expanded upon generationally. They dont buy them. Second of all Bilbo was by far the wealthiest Hobbit by the sake of his Hobbit adventures in which he returns home with a chest filled with gold.

>Just turn your brain of bro

jesus I didnt realise there were so many plot holes

why is bilbo ok with the gentrification of the shire? is he racist?

Im pretty sure a property being empty for a year should present squatters rights and the Sackville-Baggins only lived in Bag End because of Saruman "Sharkey" occupation and not normal Hobbiton law.

Who was paying the orc's wages? Did Sauron provide a pension? Health care? Do orcs even start families? What even motivates them to work? So many unanswered questions.

Do Hobbits even have currency, or is it a barter economy?

Tiny house movement. Self built with a budget of $20k, fits on a trailer.

But the question is what income bracket the chest full of dwarf gold put him in, and what affect it had on that year's return?

I meant SHOULD NOT

Was it were when why is?

they fuck eachother for food and house repairments

For Eru Ilúvatar's sake, we don't even know the millage rate on Bilbo's property! Tolkien was such a garbage writer...

>he doesnt know about taxposting

>[subject]posting
reddit

Only on Thursdays (except the first day of summer, and if the occupant has only harvested a minimum of five legumes)

Ahhhh thanks again before the end chocolate, cheers to Lola

he gave frodo his mithril shirt which is worth more than the shire
guy can afford a nice place like bag end

easy: there are no jews in the shire

Well Im pretty sure the Shire is relatively low income. He also received the Mithril shirt which was said by Gandalf to be worth more then the entirety of the Shire, though whether that is viewed as a gift or one 14th portion of value is debatable. Id have to argue it was counted in his one 14th portion as he definitely did take enough gold to be equal to 14th value of the hoard and mithril is extremely rare and valuable.

Why didn't the eagles just carry a bucket of lava to Frodo?

^This

The Shire offers substantial tax breaks to the wealthy.

I think Bilbo pretty much owned that entire hill, and there's at least 3 families living in Bagshot Row, since Gaffer's hole is number 3. He probably became rich with the rent, Bilbo was a wealthy hobbit even before his adventures.

Also, Bag End doesn't really go back many generations, Bilbo's dad built it with his rich Took wife.

Wouldn't that cause extreme inflation?

/thread

this shit fucking got me

goddamn that looks comfy

If Eru Iluvatar is real, why didn't it stop Sauron?

>compost toilet
How awful does one of these smell? Human shit not submerged in water smells pretty bad normally.

it needs to be magma inside a volcano as soon as it exits the volcano it becomes null and void lava and has no effect

fuckin kek

Was Gandalf encouraging Frodo to commit tax evasion?

How many orcs on welfare do you see living in the shire? There's an extremely low tax rate and public expenses thanks to the lack of (((diversity))) driving up state costs

Tax policy is the fantasy killer

>Gandalf orchestrating tax fraud and organised crime from the days of the dragon quest onwards
>Sauraman moves to the shire, turns everyone against each other and industrialises the landscape destroying most of the shire in the process
>wizards are all deceptive by nature and everyone around them falls into temptations

Are the Wizards all meant to be Jews? What did Tolkien mean by this?

So you people ready to step it up to the superior genre of fantasy?

>"I suppose we truly are The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"
what the fuck?

stormed out of the kinoplex the second I heard this

it's actually ok if you treat it properly.

Wood ash, I believe, is the main thing used to make them not smell. Covered up, with the right composting enzymes, and it smells about equal to cow manure, which isn't that bad, and in a much smaller radius.