/BRG/ - Blade Runner 2049 General - tfw no joi edition

Impressions and discussions continued

For those that wanted more background story and scenes about the blackout and some comfy Sapper

>2022 short where nexus 8 replicants cause the blackout
youtube.com/watch?v=rrZk9sSgRyQ

>2036 short where industrialist Niander Wallace is getting approval for his new nexus 9 replicants
youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ

>2048 following Sapper Morton a veteran of the war on Calantha before the blackout, getting reported
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WcLzUZSGT6Q
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507855496159.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why did they register her birth and then declare her dead? It makes no sense.

1st for joi

Why didn't they take K when the took Deckard??

Because Joe isn't special in any way. Just a synth who finished a job.

It was to throw people off the trail. If the kid died you can't go look for them.

Also it just so happens that another kid with the same dna went to an orphanage huh weird

Nope, 2049 comes out 1 week after Geostorm. I'm just thinking total sales will maybe be larger

Also Orient Express releases on 10th, their 'Singles Day' is on 11th where huge amounts of money are spent by men

Was it a horse or broken unicorn?

Will China save it?

inevitable sequel

Remind me, what was the Gaff scene? I can't remember it for the life of me.

Why did they left a trail of breadcrumbs to the location of Deckard?

Why did the rebels told Joe to kill Deckard? Couldn't they do it themselves?

Why did Luv didn't kill Joe when she had the chance?

Why didn't Gosling left Joi in a safe place before fighting?

Why did Luv kiss Joe in the final fight scene? Was she in love with him? That's why she didn't kill him?

If the new Replicants are made obey why Joe was able to disobey orders from the police?

Why didn't Joe killed himself when he learned that he probably was the chosen child? Wasn’t he supposed to obey orders by his programing?

Why did Leto wanted pregnant robots even though his company was easily making millions of robots?

If Replicants are semi-organic then how this is not common knowledge? How does the charade kept in place?

Why did Jared Leto stab a naked replicant lady?

If the Replicants are made to obey then why did they formed a rebellion? And if they can disobey why don't they just create led a revolt that would paralyze the entire economy?

If the blackout wiped out all technology why did Rachel and other Replicants survived?

Did Rachel had a baby because Deckard is also a miracle Replicant or because he isn't?

If they wanted to wipe out the existence of the baby then why didn't they destroyed Rachel bones?

If Deckard wanted to hide the truth for good why didn't he committed sudoku?

If Deckard was in Las Vegas making irradiated wood figurines why did he visited the child to give him the horse?

Wasn't supposed for him to not know? Or did he made the figurine before going to Las Vegas? How did the horse get irradiated?

Why did Rachael die from childbirth? Wouldn't a robot had higher resistance than a human? Wouldnt her vagina be more flexible?

Whyyy did the leader of the rebellion find a random Replicant prostitute to contact Joe? Why did she was asking for help in broad daylight? How did she knew Joi was gonna hire that prostitute specifically?

Wallace had no reason to take K off world?

I read somewhere nudity will be censored for the China release

ESL scum fuck off, movies are for native English and native English ONLY

Honest criticisms?

.The batista "miracle" flashback was done fucking TWICE there was no need to be spoonfed that much.

>Although i understood the rebellion and backstory from the anime the actress was just bad and cringey with the lines like "i suppose you want me to look up and to the left" as well as the building an army bit where people step out of the shadows, fucking seriously denis?

>Also they cut a few scenes like pic related I wanted the movie to actually be even longer.

>Why did Luv kiss Joe in the final fight scene? Was she in love with him? That's why she didn't kill him?

When Wallace inspected the new replicant he cut her open and then kissed her, I guess Luv was trying to imitate her boss (and perhaps is a little jealous of K's love of Joi)

Think.

Why are you reposting this?

Thread theme

>0:44
youtu.be/WcLzUZSGT6Q

Yeah I got a few "wait a minute that card" moments from a few of the flashbacks but it's made for Chads and stacies so what do you expect

It was just a lot of emotion at once. It's supposed to hint at the "more human than human" nature intrinsic to replicants.

Luv did like K when they are watching the old VK of rachel she says its invigorating being asked personal questions and proceeds to ask K one but is shut down

That moment is my favorite.

When they were going to Wallace's chamber and there was the hallway of nude replicants... did the male ones have foreskin or no?

Its a question to others collecting responses

I suppose but at that point Luv had known K for about 15 mins so it would be a bit rapid to start flirting

>movie doesn't have to explain it's lousy logic as long as people come up with made-up explanations themselves

It was trash.

>Expressionless performances across the board
>Rabbi Zimmer trying to be Vangelis
>3 fucking hours long with hardly any plot

Do people just like this because they want to fuck the Goose or what?

Never seen the original. I thought this was supposed to be a reboot. Had NO idea what the fuck was going on. I literally dozed off at one point, and this was in imax.

Saw it for a second time today and it was better than first. Way more emotional and meaningful when you know the full picture.

You don't get out much do you?

>When Wallace inspected the new replicant he cut her open and then kissed her, I guess Luv was trying to imitate her boss

That makes some sense actually. Although it doesn't justify that she didn't finish him off.

REAL

Fascinating story.

i'll bring some binoculars to my third viewing and let you know

/r/ing all your Joi

you got me :)

Alright lads I did it, my magnum opus

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507855496159.webm

Thanks dude. I'll stay posted.

>do you sometimes dream of being ryan gosling? interlinked.

>The batista "miracle" flashback was done fucking TWICE there was no need to be spoonfed that much.
this is the only valid criticism, hope the official /brg/ fanedit corrects this when it comes out on blu ray

Luv loved him. It was the same kind of base model love that isn't special but shows that replicants are something more, K had it with Joi. The kiss was unrequited love being reconciled while Luv lives up to her "best one" thing.

did anyone see this both in 2D and 3D? verdicts?

I just talked to my roommate about the movie and how good it was
His exact response:
>"Fuck man, I really want to go see it but (Insert girlfriends name) says it looks stupid
I think I'm seeing a trend here

That's it. I'm rewatching drive

8.4 on Douban despite being about 10 days away from release

Is K a personification of user?

Anyone have some nice wallpapers?

why didn't they get vangelis?

The movie flopped because it only appeals to a very small audience, it did nothing to try to appeal to women and younger people.

Douban?

>Anyone have some nice wallpapers?
No watermark

go see it again with him

Its like Chinese IMDb. It has 4000 reviews already, probably from chinese diaspora

I was alone in the theater. Pretty spooky feeling 2bh.

Goose appeals to women.

supposedly he was difficult to work with. Also Denis gave a collaborator of his a shot and he bomed, zimmer came in at 11th hour and fixed it.

based foreign market saving kino

Why did this film get taken up by the generalfag? Is it because /tpg/ died so he's moved on to his newest interest?

Most people watching it were alone where I am

Noice.

Why register her birth at all?

Redditors can't handle the Sup Forums format and were upset that people are saying this movie is trash

fuck man Chinese box office is getting big

>2009, top film made $68m (2012)
>2013, $196m (Chinese)
>2014: $320m (Transformers)
>2015: $390m (Furious 7)
>2016: $526m (Chinese)
>2017: $853m (Chinese)

I hope this film gets a nice fat chunk

In a different genre.

I hope there and japan give it a bump, I feel like they might be able to understand the movie better than Western culture

I meant that I was the only one there user. There was not a single person in that theater beside me.

>expressionless performances
Actually they were perfectly low-key. I think you may just have trouble reading facial expressions. That is a symptom of autism.

I saw mother with one other dude, it was a chill experience but I wish there were more, I wanted to see people get triggered.

Same. Was just me and some fat middle-aged looking guys near the front

They will certainly understand Joi a lot better given the east is big into animism

This is one of the bigger shifts of new Sup Forums. We didn't do generals before. Sure we had threads on certain topics almost every day but it wasn't a guarantee that you'd find that thread. Reddit migrated and they will make a general for something even if it only gets a dozen unique posts. Then, remake when it dies. This is more evident on other boards. Bizarre behavior.

SK is a larger market than Japan, Japanese don't seem to be too enthusiastic about film judging by what I've seen on Box Office Mojo

For example, Interstellar made about 7x more gross $ in SK despite Japan having a population 2x larger

Should've live posted it here, then you won't be alone :)

I was the only person when i went as well, user. It really helped with the immersion and nobody to see me get choked up.

Inevitable flops, chinks don't like boring movies.

It makes it easier for marketers too

this is gonna sound dumb but how bright is the movie?

I'm gonna be seeing it for the first time tomorrow but my nearest screen is really dim, so if it's a dark movie like Arrival was then I'm not gonna bother.

>This is more evident on other boards
This is what ruined Sup Forums.

>transfivers five

Japan is one step ahead.

>Why did they left a trail of breadcrumbs to the location of Deckard?
There was no trail, K made actual detective work
>Why did Luv kiss Joe in the final fight scene? Was she in love with him? That's why she didn't kill him?
She legit has a crush on him after seeing his evolution
>If the new Replicants are made obey why Joe was able to disobey orders from the police?
He is breaking the conditioning
>Why didn't Joe killed himself when he learned that he probably was the chosen child? Wasn’t he supposed to obey orders by his programing?
Look above
>Why did Leto wanted pregnant robots even though his company was easily making millions of robots?
He thinks his replicants will at some point be superior to humans and wants them to colonize the stars
>If Replicants are semi-organic then how this is not common knowledge? How does the charade kept in place?
Replicants are organic
>Why did Jared Leto stab a naked replicant lady?
His god complex makes him deal with frustration inappropriately
>If the Replicants are made to obey then why did they formed a rebellion?
Same way K woke up, some are Nexus, the movie tells you that life finds a way and that their genetic coding can be broken
>If the blackout wiped out all technology why did Rachel and other Replicants survived?
They are organic
>Did Rachel had a baby because Deckard is also a miracle Replicant or because he isn't?
Both performed the miracle, miracles can't be explained and probably the second Rachel would be unable to get pregnant from Deckard.
>If they wanted to wipe out the existence of the baby then why didn't they destroyed Rachel bones?
They want to be proper humans, the most ancestral human rite in existence and arguably what makes us human is buring your dead.

If I you don't find an answer it was a dumb question.

I'd say like 70% dark lighting

There are some pretty dark scenes.

Transformers is constant mindless action. That's the kind of movies that are popular in Chinaland.

fuck. guess I better drive to a better screen this weekend. thanks for saving me the $

and a real otakuuuuuu
a real NEEEEET

Can replicants be real heroes if they aren't real human beans?

Inception made $68m gross there when the market was much smaller. Interstellar made $120m

>Why did they left a trail of breadcrumbs to the location of Deckard?
they didn't
>Why did the rebels told Joe to kill Deckard? Couldn't they do it themselves?
No he was the most capable, being a blade runner
>Why did Luv didn't kill Joe when she had the chance?
she thought she did
>Why didn't Gosling left Joi in a safe place before fighting?
always keep your waifu near your heart
she wanted to be like Wallace, "I'm the best one"
>If the new Replicants are made obey why Joe was able to disobey orders from the police?
They obey as long as they stick to baseline, when he found the horse his emotions took over
>Why didn't Joe killed himself when he learned that he probably was the chosen child? Wasn’t he supposed to obey orders by his programing?
He's off baseline
>Why did Leto wanted pregnant robots even though his company was easily making millions of robots?
Making them isn't as efficient. Breeding is like having a million walking replicant factories
>If Replicants are semi-organic then how this is not common knowledge? How does the charade kept in place?
What?
>Why did Jared Leto stab a naked replicant lady?
It's like smashing a broken toy when you're mad it doesn't work
>If the Replicants are made to obey then why did they formed a rebellion? And if they can disobey why don't they just create led a revolt that would paralyze the entire economy?
Why did the Titantic sink when it was made to be unsinkable? And that's what they're doing
>If the blackout wiped out all technology why did Rachel and other Replicants survived?
They're not technology they're organisms
>Did Rachel had a baby because Deckard is also a miracle Replicant or because he isn't?
Left for the fans to decide

>can relate to [the] driver in his attempts at being a real human bean
>can relate to k in his attempts at feeling loved and too being a real human bean
is this what it feels to be autistic?

>If they wanted to wipe out the existence of the baby then why didn't they destroyed Rachel bones?
They probably would have soon after K wrapped up the case, Luv got there before that though
>If Deckard wanted to hide the truth for good why didn't he committed sudoku?
He'd rather live with his doggo alone then fucking die
>If Deckard was in Las Vegas making irradiated wood figurines why did he visited the child to give him the horse?
He gave it to the resistance lady who gave it to the child
>Wasn't supposed for him to not know? Or did he made the figurine before going to Las Vegas? How did the horse get irradiated?
explained above
>Why did Rachael die from childbirth? Wouldn't a robot had higher resistance than a human? Wouldnt her vagina be more flexible?
Not a robot, her vag wasn't wide enough so they cut the baby out and she died
>Whyyy did the leader of the rebellion find a random Replicant prostitute to contact Joe? Why did she was asking for help in broad daylight? How did she knew Joi was gonna hire that prostitute specifically?
She was recruiting replicants, she thought he could help their cause

The more you really think about the details the more stupid it all feels.

Oh shit, it does look like a unicorn with its horn broken off.

Should've made it with a white rock or something

You're thinking of yourself, not the movie.