The Man in The High Castle

I am so terribly sorry to disturb you people here on Sup Forums - Television and Film, this is my first visit and i checked your catalogue and there was no "Man in The High Castle General" Here so i am poening a new thread to both ask a question to you Promethean's in hope that you will grant me fire from the gods, also enjoy your FREE /MiHC/ General.

My question: Do they choose the Regalia/Medals/Badges/Ribbons as part of the characters/extras wearing them or do they choose them just because they look "cool"? I get confused when some high ranking characters choose to wear "Youth Sport Badges" on their finest uniforms and almost everyone has had 100 days of combat in the field fighting partisans by wearing Anti-partisan badges in gold? IF i could i would insert the thinking emoji right HERE.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?t=n&q=matthew broderick car accident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This show needs more Pons and Nazis working together.

Yes i agree, personally the conflict between them is a little strange as they should respect each other and according to the maps seen in the show neither the Reich or Japan are THAT big, half of Africa is Italian and the Soviet's exist in some for or another, either as some Social Democratic state or a Siberian Republic. The Pacific state's trade minister had visitors from the UK in his office in one episode discussing piracy in the sea of java and the malaysian straits around Indonesia, this proves that the UK has it's own merchant fleet and it's own government. So all in all things point to the "Greater Nazi Reich of America" being Germany's only puppet government in the West. Also the whole "South-America" thing is partitioned not directly but in spheres of influence, There should still exist geo-political problems that they are better off co-operating on instead of entertaining the idea of having another war, it's like the USA and the British Commonwealth would consider nuking each other in 1953.

>nazi america is a perfect wonderland

is there a more redpilled show

Thats one WHITE family you got there

If there was only ONE country for white people, i would like to see the emerald city.

You are a good boy Rufus!

Still no answer for the badges, shame.

pls explain the reasoning for Avatar, LOTR and Downfall being on this list. I don't get it.

Theyd castrate both of you.

how do you know so much about nazi badges?
HMM?

I am an European with big historical interest, you can compare it to the people who have en above average interest in the American Civil war, as a European i have huge interest in WW2. Growing up with stories from people who where there and getting both sides of the story really made an imprint on me user.

a world without jews running things would beautiful.

Life was so good in countries before they took over their media to divide nations and cause a divide and their banks. Here in america Jews run something called the FED I found out, no bs or conspiracy.

desu obergruppenfuhrer smith is pretty swarthy. guy is literally the 'bead-eyed anglo' meme, when i saw him i thought he was spanish or some other wog

this show looks awesom! could someone post what it is about?

is it if the nazis won? Imagine how great the world would be if they did win.

Yes the Federal Reserve, i have heard of this organization.

Yes it's about that in a way. We follow several characters who live in alternate universe 1960 where the Axis won the war since the United States never got involved, the Axis gain a tactical victory and gets a good peace with the Allies/Entente and manages to make the Soviet union surrender, in 1947 the combined might of the Axis invade the USA from both sides and drop one atomic bomb on the capital of the US.

Most of the world is either in the Axis camp or neutral and in one countries sphere of influence, In the American continent the Eastern united states is the only direct puppet state of the German Reich, under the name of "Greater Nazi Reich" while the eastern coast is the Pacific States of America.

Only thing between them is a sort of "USA" stuck in the middle only to preserve peace between Japan and Germany who dislikes that white Americans live under Japanese rule.

Show is good but of course it also follows some "resistance" groups as well as the nominal leader of the Eastern United states.

It's a good show.

>Show is good but of course it also follows some "resistance" groups as well as the nominal leader of the Eastern United states.
that sounds like a lot going on for a tv show. I am not knocking the show but I mean how do they fit that in without it becoming confusing? Is the show an hour long because if its only 20 minutes having all those characters sounds like a bit much.

Is this a netflix show or on TV because I have never heard of it or seen one article not even threads about this show. This is literally the first time I am hearing about it, thanks for taking time to give a short summary.

Here is a map that shows who is in the Axis and who are a part of the Japanese alliance, Red is Axis while Blue is Japan's sphere, Gray is neutral.

54 minutes per episode.

Did someone say Charlottesville? More like Chancellorsville.

why does neutral area exist? w

everything is so orderly unlike the chaos jews are creating now using our media. Really shows how good life could have been if the holocaust was real and we got rid of those jews.

I know that sounds racist, but nothing I can do about them living up to their reputation, I used to think it was all conspiracy BS and tin foil about them controlling stuff but its true.
>pic related
perfect example the news which the same people control buried what the Jewish guy did while spamming the other guy who isnt jewish.

One more.

nice screenshot user!

what network or how do I watch this? Does this tie into iron sky at all, is it the same people?

I thought in s1 Sweden was independent?

>Ferris Bueller
>still had no problem getting work
After Glory what was he even in? Election, an indie comedy? Is that it?

To avoid having to defeat the entire United States and to have "some space" between the European Axis and the Japanese, tensions are high because some want war on both sides for some strange reason but it seems more and more that it's a Communist/Democratic conspiracy to get the two biggest boys to destroy eachother. Also all "neutral" countries are in someones sphere of influence, that means that they are "free" but in the same way Burma or Thailand are free to do whatever they want in our timeline. It's just not direct control but they are still kept in line, big stick and soft words.

>After Glory what was he even in? Election, an indie comedy? Is that it?
Maybe stuff we dont watch but IMDB indicates hes been continually working with no break at all which does prove that its true that being jewish means special rights and being protected since they stick together so they can coverup how they sacrifice children like that one jewish one teaches.

The producers adaptation.

Rightists keep using LotR for their shitty memes, think the humans in Avatar were the good guys and Downfall portrayed Hitler sympathetically.

The only time I've seen Matthew Broderick is in these images. Meanwhile Mel Gibson is still shitting up Hollywood with his unintentional comedies.

>tried to bury
lmgtfy.com/?t=n&q=matthew broderick car accident

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that every single person who hates Jews is at best a pathological liar, and at worst completely deranged/sociopathic. Show me a single pol-poster that doesn't lie more often than he tells the truth and I'll show you a purple zebra.

I watch on popcorntime but if you live in the United States of America you can watch it on Amazon TV@trademark, sadly i can't buy it in my country.

It is but Sweden is also a member of the Axis, it's 1960 afterall and the rest of the western world is in the Axis, BUT it's one of only 5 countries in Europe to join the Axis without having been at war with in some way or another against them first :^)

No it's not Iron Sky universe

>think the humans in Avatar were the good guys
I mean, it's not like there were any bad guys.

Sorry i meant to write "Only one of 5 countries in Europe to join the Axis AFTER ww2"

so its an amazon show? i didnt even know amazon made shows, maybe its on HBO?

German here, i still find some really funny shit in most episodes, that Uniforms are old East-German NVA Uniforms (Ein Strich - Kein Strich). Not Wehrmacht or SS. Btw. the Book was way better than the Series so far.

Both sides of the story?
How 'bout those camps, hombre?

It's not on any network or cable television, it's just Amazon Prime.

No sadly since they are competitors.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Avatar, Starship troopers, The dictator, Get out, American history X, Downfall, Lord of the rings, they live, Looks who is back, and The man in the high castle. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

i dont subscribe to either but I would imagine amazon hosts more content than HBO.

Nobody knows about them, all Jews live in Madagascar except those who decided to stay where they where.

Ja it's just to ease production costs and uniform culture changes very little with the years, so not such a stretch. They you know my pain when seeing the badges/ribbons and medals? Sometimes it tells me that "wow this guy is a deep character" and other times i just get confused, who would wear a motorsport badge from highschool on their dinner uniform? Two proficiency crosses of the same grade at the same time?!? What is going on?

Any god dam release date for Season 3 yet!?

isnt it dangerous to let the jews live? Look how the jews have destroyed europe or are ruining america, any place that seems to have jews gets destroyed by them. Its like they cant get along with anyone because their so racist they just like to control people, its fucking psycho.

With all the replies, you just sound like a amazon PR person. At least make a little bit more subtle.

I guess there might be something that we don't know about but hey man i am just repeating what the state told me about the jews, their all in Mada-gas-car and that's the end of it! No more questions about (((Them)))

I wish i could get a job where all i do is posting about better worlds on the internet

gotcha so no episodes yet about them. Or maybe that shows their dealt with very interesting.

Is there a UN or anything like that in this universe where the other countries meet to discuss things?

So far from what I have read in the thread the show contains stories revolving around a family, some resistance groups, anything about like the leader or president not sure what it would be called.

What's your IQ? Seems to be around 60-70.

Just like with prices, if you have to ask then its too high for you.
Im not Jewish so not inbred enough to have that low of an IQ. Sorry you get so mad when people tell the truth but you should really leave your basement once in awhile.

I just love how Juliana is ruining EVERYBODY's life, every single man she has been in contact with is either dead or destroyed. Still she insists on trying, why God?

And she is STILL surprised when the resistance kills people who she has helped them find, it's just priceless

>truth
Everything you've posted in this thread so far as been a lie, and you've also made numerous grammatical errors that would be unacceptable even if you were a retarded child.

go back to Sup Forums stop derailing the thread please because you cant handle the truth.

And most of the Guys running around with a "Bandenkampfabzeichen", must have been a hard time after the Big Bombs came down. But to be serious, i watched the 2 seasons with two friends and we got some WTF? Moments at almost each episode, so many Details that absolutly make no sense. My theorie is : Its simple Popcorn-Kino for US Americans or some kind of "Soft Horror". For me and the most People i know its some crazy comedy, i cant take that show serious. Maybe Season 3 gets better.

when does season 3 start?

if this show is only on amazon how can we tell if its popular or not since no ratings?

Mozart in the Jungle is great

How does China still exist with Japan.

How does the USSR still exist without Moscow.

Why does every country adopt some literal edgelord swastika flag, that would never happen even if Germany won.

Also, Japanese control of fucking Ecuador, what the fuck? This is so dumb, the vast majority of those countries would still be independent states with relations to Nazi Germany / Japan, etc. Not client states / under occupation / control.

It's about Nazi's ofcourse it is popular.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing, on top of that you have almost every person has it in Gold, that's 100 days of it. Strangely nobody has the wounded badge or the close quarter combat badge! What ticks me off the most is the campaign shields, i like the idea but how can somebody who was in the UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES that has a medal from the Solomons campaign against the Japanese have the Kuban shield from 1942?????????????????????? APOLOGIZE DIRECTOR!

I'm pretty sure virtually no one who watches the show, even those who study a lot of history, have any idea what most of the badges are. I'm pretty sure even the people who make it may have like one consultant for these matters.... and if that consultant doesn't know much no one else even knows enough to correct him.

For me, even if the badges guys wear make no sense it is still one of the finest dramas on tv. I like how all sides really have that human element. There's good honorable people working for the Nazis and Japanese just as there's scum working for the resistance. This is really one of the few dramas based in world war 2 that really gets the human element right and is not just a very generic heroes vs villains plot.

But yeah, it sounds like you're correct about the badges thing. The reason no one is really participating in your conversation is because maybe .0001% of the population knows anything at all about Nazi badges. I mean I can identify a lot of nazi insignias like the various emblems associated with the different branches of the military etc.... but I really don't know the badges well outside of a few of the main ones like the wounded badge or the mother's cross.

I doubt it would really break the immersion for anyone as I think most of the attention to detail is pretty great in this show.

Just look at all the maps bro, it's a mix of new countries and spheres of influence.

Thank you for your kind response! You are correct in your statement that it is a fine show and a good one ontop of that, yes i suspect that you are right on the badges and thank you, i was really curios about how it worked and by only having one consultant it's very possible.

Some badges and stuff is rather easy as they have the year on them, imagine if NATO had the same system, participated in desert storm II? Here is your special commemorative badge.

But others are more tricky as there are grades in them but general rule is that DO NOT WEAR TWO OF THE SAME DESPITE IT BEING DIFFERENT GRADES. Just like you don't wear two purple hearts lol.

Once again thanks for the reply.

>reddit spacing
at least try to hide your origins

N-nani?

Marx wasn't even a Jew lol

Wrong, his Daddy was a Rabbi.

2018 sometime.

The answer is that you have severe autism