Javier Bardem staring at the mother for days

Javier Bardem staring at the mother for days
>people at the theater laughing
then THAT scene happens
>cinema went dead silent

damn son, did anyone else saw this reaction while watching it?

This movie was objectively shit.

there weren't enough people at my showing to notice their reactions

I saw the trailer before It and it was like "this movie will change your life" and I cringed, but everything I see about it on Sup Forums makes me really want to see it.

This is one of those movies you have to watch in the theater or with a good sound system. I went in not knowing anything about the movie and was really happy when I left. I liked it better than blade runner.

it wont change your life but its pretty fucking good

The movie was shit but it was entertaining
Also why didn't she just leave the house?

she was the house lmao!

But she was trying to leave near the end

>did anyone else saw this reaction while watching it?
The biblical allegories were painfully in your face by then, so yeah. I did, so did my mom.

this is the get thread now

No, when I went there was no crowd.

it was her house, she put her heart and soul into it

she is mother earth the house represents heaven(Bardem's workplace), earth(grass level) and hell (basement)

i really don't think Aronofsky gave a shit about making it a mystery what the movie is about. It's not designed to be an ultra deep allegory, what the movie is about is blatantly obvious and only serves to illustrate the narrative from the mothers viewpoint.

what is the medicine?

Yeah, but at least the first part wasn't as overt. Yeah, yeah. Adam, rib, Eve, disobey Bardem and get exiled, and so on. It was obvious, but still worked as a story. I chuckled a bit when Bardem gives Ed Harris's son a "mark" on his forehead after he kills his brother. Even my mom caught the deluge parallel, and she's a sweet 64 year old lady who doesn't watch too many movies.

beaner teenagers clapped at the end. it was obvious they had no idea what they watched. yall need to go back to your shithole.

Because that would destroy the allegory. She does try to leave at one point, but her ACTUALLY leaving would miss the point. It's not grounded in temporal reality. There isn't anything beyond the house in the parameters of the film's purpose.

That's not to say I think the film is a profound masterwork, though. I think it's alright.

I found the movie to be quite interesting but having JL in the main role hurts the movie.

It would be much better received and taken in if it was someone less famous

I felt the same way about Portman in Black Swan