youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The sequel looks like transformers, the robots don't have weight anymore
so no
I hope it makes giant robots mainstream though

>ugly protag
>PS2 tier CGI
Nope.

Not really but then again the first one was meh.

A'yo holup senpai....

WE wuz WWAAAR RAYYYDEY N SHIETEE NIGGUH. FINNA B̝͖͚͖̫̮͢͝ GETIT ON tillIDIE

The red one's head looks like Unit-02's.

See for yourself

now compare that to

Friendly reminder that if you don't watch every Ooga Boyega film you are a biggot.

do before a

It would be better if they did the Untold Tales of Cherno Alpha.

Hol up hol up, so you be sayin...We wuz Jaegars N shiet?

It's obvious that this movie has been fast-tracked (i.e. rushed) to capitalize on the Chinese market. Like nobody even heard about this until a few months ago and it's already almost out? That's a bad sign for a movie like this. I think Scott Eastwood is better than Charlie Hunnam, but it's obvious that Eastwood is being sidelined into Boyega's sidekick.

The script was written by a woman so the teen girl in the Jaeger is going to save everybody. You know it's true.

fucking this

They mentioned a Multi-Jaeger op in the backstory. Yet they haven't had a double event until the movie. That had to have been some story.

Holy shit that looks awful

If Mako lives for another sequel I'll be happy, if they kill her off in the first battle scene, fuck everything about this movie.

The original got saved by China.

Now that the main lead is a Black guy, China won't care about the movie.

Some unknown nigger main actor, no Guillermo del Toro and some CGI infested eye cancer.

Do we even need to ask?

I doubt she'll even battle. All they've shown of her so far is walking around in business suits with a clipboard. The focus this time is on "THE NEXT GENERATION" even though the previous movie only came out a few years ago.

my melted communist-fu

>EEELBOW ROCKET

pretty sick desu

Where's the weight? Where's the weapons that you actually can suspend your disbelief? Where is the gritty atmosphere?

If anything, they'll probably have Raleigh be killed in between movies since they couldn't get the actor.

youtube.com/watch?v=W7qxId4sH6U
IS IT WRONG THAT
THE SEQUEL'S GONNA BOMB TIL I DIE

>capitalize on the Chinese market
Then why cast Boyega as the lead?
They hate blacks, hell many bitched about Star Wars because of him

>Implying they died

>For the Chinese market
Something I've been wondering: why does nobody bring up the fact that Legendary Pictures is chink property by now?

If the drop in box office between transformers 4 and 5 is any indication it's fucked, especially in China. Boyega being the lead won't help any there plus it might be coming out too close to Black Panther to be the black event movie of the season

Fucking hell. That looks worse than those fucking Gillette adverts where the razors would turn into robots

BLACKED

>it makes even more money and we get four more sequels

I'm surprised we got this sequel at all

nah, looks like shit. Also we will compare everything from a movie made with lots of love for detail to this piece of shit that looks like a cheap power ranger knock off
For fuck sake, as a lot of anons pointed out every Jaeger look like a chinese knock off of Gipsy Danger or Striker Eureka. Only one of the Kaijus designs looks decent rest is depressing

>it has the same budget as Warcraft yet looks so much worse
Where the fuck is all that money going?

Actually being able to see the Jaegers instead of the originals CAN'T SEE SHIT rainy nighttime scenes for absolutely everything? Yes, I will see it.

Maybe the Jaeger team also won't fucking die in their very first scene thing time around too.

Hmm

Turn up the brightness on your tv

I liked the first one. This looks just like a low budget power rangers movie.

would still prefer that over plastic looking jaegers

No i cant stand Ogabooga nigger and nigger soundtracks.

The first one barley made its total budget back with a solid filmmaker at the helm. This one is fast tracked and filled with literally who’s.

It’s gonna bomb hard.

Shit happened. Chinese overlords, less budget, Del Toro is not the director, the cinematographer is different, and the star wars diversity hire is a producer for some reason.

>First one barely made any money, thanks to China saving the day
>Cast the niggest nog to be the main character, cancelling out the Chinese audience
>Everyone’s got the initial novelty of “Live action Evangelion” out of their systems
>Seemingly change the tone to be more for the Power Rangers crowd
>Cut together an awful trailer

This fucker is going to flop hard, and it’s a shame, because I kind of liked the first one.

>Budget of 180m
>Total gross of over 400m

What did he mean by this

>underrated

>casting Boyega as obvious Ilba replacement to deliver a rousing speech

He doesn't cut it.

All they had to do to make the sequel a lot better is to bring back the jaegers that didn't get to do enough before getting taken down in the first movie.

They could even be like "OK the main characters in the first movie are gone for some reason, so here's the adventures of Cherno Alpha and friends" and while it may suffer from Del Toro being gone and the other stuff, it would still probably be an okay sequel full of more dumb fun cool giant robot fights. Like at least give the few people who liked the first movie more of what they wanted from the first movie.

>marketing and jew tax

If I wanted power rangers I'd watch the tv show.
First film never had that power rangers shit

Nah, especially with all the leaks that came out
>super kiddified and aimed at younger audiences
>Ender's Game-esque
>no kaiju until the end, all fights until then are training sims and one fight with the edgy evil Jaeger
>plot fucking blows and the action isn't even good

This makes me sad...
I mean, what could they do since they killed off their best actors? Idris and that guy from The Unit.

Link?

It was an user from way before the trailer came out that pretty much got proved right by it. Apparently saw a test screening.

what's
>ender's game-esque

that its presented as simulation but really it was real?

I think they implied that its a bunch of young people in a sci-fi scenario/situation. Could be that though, the leaker wasn't very specific when he said it was "ender's game meets pacific rim".

>GIT IT AWNH

Is this the new Bionicles movie?

oh ok, I didn't even know there were leaks on this movie already.
well that sounds pretty uninspired if its true.

#bringbackdeltoro

why didn't they use real black ... all looks grey and contrasts are complete shit

>The sequel looks like transformers
>so no

Bottom looks offensively bad.

The camera movement is somehow the most offensive thing in this clip.

My man.

Can anyone answer where all the budget is going into?

Not the movie, obviously.

Hmm

Who could possibly be laundering money?

I'm genuinely curious

Realistically they need 100 mil or so to actually make it. That includes advertisements, toys, nigger cast etc. Basically what they're doing is they're over inflating the budget in case of a flop. If the movie doesn't make back its money, the production company can write it off on taxes and essentially be ultra Jews.

The money used to over inflate goes back into production companies owners pockets. See, you can't just take money from a company and give it to yourself, but if you're accredited on a movie you can pay yourself whatever the fuck you want. This is basically just a cool 50 million that legally goes back into the production company executives pockets legally, as it would be considered fraud to just take money out of the company. They could probably get away with it, but typical merchant tricks.

>generic "everyone pose for the camera and look cool before the fight starts" anime scene but with giant robots
Fucking disgusting

Is just a little seriousness too much to ask? These giant fuck you robots are being deployed to protect the city against an alien menace that threatens to end the fucking world. This whole posing shit is just so fucking out of place, unnecessary and cringeworthy.

To extrapolate further. This system works due to the logic that a film will "eventually" be in the black through dvd sales, tv broadcast rights, ect.

damn it Striker...

what the hell happened to the girl?

that whole movie built up to her and now shes a nigger?

Aliens fear anime poses. Trust me, I used to fight them when I was younger.

That looks really fucking terrible

Why are good things always ruined?

I'm still not sure what it was about the first one that I liked so much. I spent most of the movie thinking about how shit it was, but I was enjoying it at the same time.

WAR READY
WAAAAAR READY

What the fuck?
How do you drift so much from the original vision?

jesus christ

hmm
is this an actual thing?

>How do you drift so much from the original vision?
Completely different team. Is just a cashgrab fueled by name recognition. "Remember how cool was PR? Well, now watch a sequel with Boyega, you bigot!".

They followed the rabbit.

>first movie with epic soundtrack
>second is some hiphop rap bullshit with a nigger lead

WE WUZ ROBOTZ AND SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET NIGGA

Of course not, goyim!

There should never have been a sequel. They stopped the monsters. Why can't Hollywood just let films be one shots?

>Why can't Hollywood just let films be one shots?
Because they are beyond the "creative bankrupt", so nos is all sequels, adaptations and remakes.

How does Boyega live with himself, knowing he's a blight upon films and only given roles for the purpose of diversity.

He's swimming in money while fucking white bitches. I don't think he cares.

Do you think a dumb negro would realize that? He probably thinks he's hot shit and believe their own PR bullshit.

Pacific Rim definitely deserved a sequel. Better than the Transformers movies.

He's famous, he's rich, he does what he loves for a living, he has more sex than all 67 people in this thread combined. I don't think he has any problem sleeping.

>Ender's Game-esque
As an extra on that, it feels bad that the final result disappointed.

This shit will bomb oml

How hard is it to put the weight and momentum that the first PR's giant robots and monsters had? That was one of the things that made it's fight sequences stand out.

This is clearly a tax scheme.

It will only bomb if we bomb China first.

Tbh, he was one of the best things about TFA

>The sequel looks like transformers

no, it looks worse, it looks like Power Rangers