/brg/

Blade Runner 2049 General: You guys suck at making new threads edition

For those that wanted more background story and scenes about the blackout and some comfy Sapper

>2022 short where nexus 8 replicants cause the blackout
youtube.com/watch?v=rrZk9sSgRyQ

>2036 short where industrialist Niander Wallace is getting approval for his new nexus 9 replicants
youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ

>2048 following Sapper Morton a veteran of the war on Calantha before the blackout, getting reported
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ9Os8cP_gg

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/q7zfrSJUEbY
youtube.com/watch?v=DRanb5UHDbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kzi5f_0j7YI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

people kept saying "omg the SEX SCENE" "woah this has a controversial and EDGY FUCK threeway scene"
i was quite disappointed that there was only a short prelude with no nudity
it was not a sex scene, only a lead up to one

Still looking for a webm of K's reaction when he finds the wooden horse

>Just fuck my soundtrack up m8

Why do you need a general? Does this come from not being from Sup Forums?

Has anyone read Blade Runner 2: Edge of Human? I just need more Blade Runner in my life. Already seen all publicly released versions of the first film, watched Dangerous Days, and read PKD's original novel. need more pls

Yeah, it was neat and all, but I didn't really get the hype.

it's better than having 7 threads all about the same thing

Wallace talks about "storming eden" through the knowledge that can be had by dissecting ana stelline(Deckard explicits this when he drinks with K), who is the 'key' to lock he has in his possession, in his words, all while being a supplier in his replicant making process and unbeknownst to him being that which he seeks.

When we're first introduced to her, we don't see her but a vibrant forest with a beetle on a leaf, which is quickly shown to be changing its form, in an unrealistic way. We get a reveal that not only is the beetle a projection/hologram/'not real' but are shown that the whole chamber is an empty enclosed space

The only time we get anything close to a 'natural' environment, its a complete simulation that serves as a work bench for the creation of mass produces memories. This is the "Eden" that Wallace either wants to storm, or is more literally attached to the character of Ana Stelline, the paradoxically most 'free' character who is completely closed off from all contact

At the end of the movie, K dies in the snow fall of a brutal world which mass produced him for an existence of killing others like him, while Ana Stelline in her sterilized chamber plays with the physics of artificial snow

Post blade runner memes

A jerk off instruction vid would be wild in imax

youtu.be/q7zfrSJUEbY

>this movie isn't for reddi-

no it's not

Why does everything need a general now?
Is there a weekly blade runner series, reddit?

i lov...

why did i laugh at this

I had never considered the "storming eden" line to be a possible reference to Stelline's chamber, that's really interesting. I still think it's just meant to be a euphemism for taking control of the universe (discovering virgin worlds that can be used as paradises), but that is a solid point.

play the old pc game, it's actually really good

Also one thing I picked up on just watching the movie tonight was the large amount of Korean characters as well as Russian refugees and references. I think that this movie takes place in an alternative universe where the Soviet Union only recently fell apart, since it probably hadn't in the old one, and that's where the influx of refugees is from.

Also Las Vegas is irradiated, possibly due to nuclear fallout and/or dirty bombing commies?

What's he thinking here?

>joi
>jerk off instructor

Is the original worth reading?

holy shit zimmer turbohack confirmed

It's almost completely different, but still good.
youtube.com/watch?v=DRanb5UHDbQ

Play the game if you can get it running. It's not anywhere near GOAT but it's great

What are these webms from?

The sequel novels are all silly as hell that are only good for a laugh, in the third one Deckard gets a movie based upon his adventures in the first film for instance. Only for curiousity's sake.
The 1997 video game was very good and in style of the original film quite well.

That scene where luv hold that general or whatever head to search by k and them after the computer recognize her face just instantly drop her head on the table like meat, this scene was fucking hilarious

This interview:
youtube.com/watch?v=kzi5f_0j7YI

>I think that this movie takes place in an alternative universe where the Soviet Union only recently fell apart, since it probably hadn't in the old one

People need to remember that the setting of this movie is directly based on the 1982 film. In the early 80s, everyone thought two things with regards to geopolitics:

Japan's economy is currently booming and they will become an absolute powerhouse in the 21st century. At the time Japan was quickly overtaking the US in automobiles, computer hardware, early robotics, etc. But then in the 90s their economy tanked and they went back to being a relevant but not dominant economy.

The USSR was a powerful force and would not fall apart any time soon, mainly because of their military might. Of course only a decade later the soviet empire fell apart, but in the early 80s they looked as strong as ever from an American perspective.

Also, the US economy in the early 80s was looking pretty rocky. Wasn't till a few years into the Reagan administration that things turned around (not saying that it turned around because of his policies, just saying)

Those views are why the original Blade Runner world looked the way it did and why the 2049 world looks the way it does.

I'm confused;

Why did the prostitutes wanted to kill Deckard?

How the fuck did The Child's memories end up on K? I thought she didn't use her own memories because it was illegal or some shit.

I'd say for sure that it is, precisely because of the irony of working/contracting with/for Wallace while him, in spite of being a total 'god' because of his power, not being able to see that she is what he wants.

In the beginning we are shown sapper morton in his "protein farm" in which he breeds a creature solely for their efficiency as a source of protein in an environment he himself cannot naturally live in. We get a shot where the liquid's surface is a mirror out of which Sapper pulls out these creatures that he cultivates.

This is mirrored in the final shot of the movie, where through a glass screen Deckard looks at his 'creation', who is completely isolated to ensure the opposite of the fate of those worms, all while still being literally a resource of industry

>tfw no custom replicant waifu

That entire album plagiarized Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works, Vol. 2. I don't think that track though

She used her own memories
It's not like anyone would find out

Did Goose die at the end of BR 2049?

the prostitutes wanted deckard dead because he knew too much now or at least thats my understanding

>its illegal or some shit
deckard and probably some other people werethe ones who did the memory swapping and who cares if its illegal

ye

How do I deal with the stress and pain of stupid friends saying this film is shit? I'm genuinely having anxiety and problems now

Is legal to date replicants? Wouldn't a bad break-up or tense feelings of love throw them off their baseline? Will people judge me for fucking a skinjob?

Why? He survived the stabbing and stayed conscious long enough to drive all the way to the lab.

>tfw no armitage gf

>come home to shitty LA apartment after shitty day at work
>make my lights pink
>turn on aromatizer for that extra Japanese influence
>tell Alexa to play asthetic music
>pretend I’m living in blade runner until I fall asleep and repeat the same shit again tomorrow
this movie is the only thing keeping me going, bros

>inb4 user is 2cool for the old PC game
Seriously try it if you can. The prerendered backgrounds are straight from the film so you're literally moving through the game's sets

Dude, just buy one

What i would like to know is, where do the replicants think they got their forest memory? No one has seen fucking wood in ages. Or is it just fun/practice from the girl?

I saw it and I didn't see anything special about it, it's the Ron Paul of films, quite irrational most of the time, shallow as fuck but veiled under the guise of muh philosophy, and incredibly overvalued by a minority of people who are into this niche, mainly redditors and waifufags from Sup Forums.

If you show it to average people they will think it's a retarded pedantic movie

If you show a masterpiece like terminator to an average person, they will instantly love it

The film is nothing more than fanservice and reddit: the movie

fuck their shit up. they are the ones giving the movie bad reviews and the ones discouraging other people to watch it.

Get better friends,
or stop giving a fuck what normies think

that looks comfy user

jeez get a better chair

kys

tears in rain starts playing.
and not about having survived it. i think he succumbed to his wounds and let death take him willingly. he reflected on his life and he had a good life. a life, better than most humans could ever imagine. he lived a good life. it was time to go

Very interesting, thanks

Yes, I'd think so

Haha, now I want to know what the fuck goes through his head at 1:42. He literally looks like he just realized he doesn't know where he is.

today we talked with my gf and she went to see BR 2049 and loved it, did i find a keeper?

Wrong. Think.

Yeah it's on the list. I'm cheap as fuck.

>Ron Paul of films
stopped reading right there

Replicants are known to kill humans that are no longer useful to them.

That's just the autism

Well... w-which model do you think I should get?

Can someone post all the relevant details from the anime short?

the wound that was superbad and kept bleeding was the gun one, he wasnt going to recover from that.

The very first 'natural' thing we see is a dead tree, in front of sapper morton's house, where he has set up closed off toxic environments for the cultivation of protein

i don't remember any replicants having any memories of 'forests'. only later on, after K has acquired the horse and the realization of that memory being 'real' that the question of the source of the wood comes up and drives the movie forward.

this again, is another tie to Ana Stelline and her being able to imagine and create these things in her chamber, life that literally does not exist on the planet anymore

havent seen the anime short, but saw the 2 movies, is it good?

Honestly, yes

This may in fact become the epitome of pleb normie litmus test

I don't know. It's on YouTube.

HOLD DOES IT FEEL TO HOLD THE HAND OF A LOVED ONE?CELLS

or you could watch it?
it's only 15mins

It's exactly like the animatrix anime except the robots detonate an emp, not enslave humanity

>i don't remember any replicants having any memories of 'forests'

Deckard's unicorn dream is set in a lush green forest in the 1982 film. Although some would not consider that canon, I guess.

Would being enslaved really be that bad?

So the replicants Wallace inputs Ana's nature memories in never question the source of the memory? They just say "Hey, when i was a child i went to a forest" "What's a forest?"

THE CGI WAS SO FUCKING GOOD SOOOO FUCKING GOOD AAAAAAAAAAAA

i literally couldnt believe my eyes. it wasnt CGI anymore, i couldnt tell what was real and what was CGI, everything was blended so good. i encourage everyone to watch it again at the cinema. the ones that havent done and dont plan to do it might as well kill themselves.

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT IF YOU THINK YOU CAN EVER BE INTERLINKED. INTERLINKED.

It's like a flat title with a face drawn on by a person who has heard of human beings but never saw one.

Replicants that had been fighting on neptune escape and launch an emp and destroy the back ups for everything because people are hunting replicants based on the databases

It's just anime

Don't be so critical

She has pretty eyes

DO THEY PUT YOU ON A CELL WHEN THEY DON'T NEED YOU?CELLS

Tile

THEY REVIVED FUCKING SEAN YOUNG FROM 35 YEARS AGO.

90% of the movie was practical effect. Like all the pink you see in he waifu scene is real lightning. Best CGI part is Rachel.

From the beginning, through K, it's shown that all replicants have implanted memories as part of how they're made

That is exactly the question that K goes through in the movie, being lead on to believe that a memory of his is real, only to eventually realize that its not even his
i don't remember anything about memories of childhood and forests, unless its something that someone talked about only in context of them thinking of it as another implant, which yes goes right back into the narrative of the movie

Do all animes look like that?

Did you have a stroke?

>mfw the scene with the giant Joi wasn't CGI

english is sometimes a second language user

I don't know I don't actually watch them

... but I want my replicant waifu

How was that scene hilarious. Are you a psycho? Are you chinese?

That's what i was talking about. It's not shown in the movie, but implied from the memories Ana is making. Isn't it counterproductive to create a memory of something so blatantly fake?

It's as if I had a memory where i'm the crusades and someone pierces me with an arrow. It should be obvious i haven't lived that long.

This is literally a reference to both Blade Runner and Drive

I actually thought that was an actor and the makeup was perfect. It's even more astonishing to know it's actual CGI.

My theater giggled a bit at it and I did take it as a little bit of levity in the film

i wasn't even that user but there is obviously comedic merit to that scene

not him but the way the female general fall from the table to the ground is almost too robotic. I wonder if it was intentional or not giving the nuance theme of the movie all over the place

the way it was filmed was to ellicit a comical reaction. the head fucking bounced in the desk.