Toonami Ratings for 12/31/16

Dragonball Super will premiere at 8pm starting January 7th. That new weekly episode will then rerun the same night on Toonami at 11:30pm. Toonami expands 30 minutes to accommodate this.

DBZ Kai Buu saga will premiere at midnight starting January 7th.

Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 will replace IBO January 7th at 1am. This means without some unexpected schedule change, Toonami will not see anything new until June at the earliest.

GiTS SAC will replace OPM on February 4th. Just what we need, another rerun that has aired a million times.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, set to premier 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last weeks Christmas marathon did shitty as any reasonable person would expect. But what about a marathon that started right on New Years like we had this week? Well, even DBZ couldn't pull the numbers out of the gutter. I think this will go down as the worst average since the cut. Lots of big changes this week, both for Toonami and AS. Strap in.

12:00a Shelter: The Animation 744 0.30 387
12:05a Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 666 0.28 361
12:30a Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 686 0.31 396
1:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 658 0.30 386

1:30a Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 629 0.28 358
2:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 591 0.27 348
2:30a Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 494 0.23 291
3:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 482 0.23 294

Even regular AS took a hit this week

8:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.34 645 0.26
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.30 504 0.20
9:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.37 630 0.27
9:30 American Dad (r) 0.45 769 0.34

10:00 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.46 804 0.34
10:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.53 874 0.41
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1036 0.52
11:30 Family Guy (r) 1124 0.48

Bit of recovery for the reruns

3:30a American Dad (r) 490 0.22
4:00a Bob’s Burgers (r) 533 0.25
4:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 530 0.25

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 570 0.27
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 587 0.28

Best

>Super comes on before Kai

Shouldn't it be the other way around? I get the selling point of Super but Kai should come on first just based on a series of events. It makes it seem like I just Super flashback.

Is Toonami BACK?

it makes no sense to even be airing kai at all if you`re airing super.
....but i guess if DBZ = views, then more DBZ = more views r-right?

They probably don't want a rerun mid block

IMO they shouldn't be airing Super twice, only reason they are is to stroke their dicks that it's on Toonami.

those ratings remind me of when Toonami aired One Punch Meme. thank God that's over

>mfw it's been 3 years since Space Dandy

Did you remember to stay dandy?

This lineup makes it hard to feel dandy

Literally worse than Home Movies lmao

>DBZ marathon ratings just as bad as the JoJo marathon

Reminder that JoJo's ratings are perfectly fine.

They are actually worse. That said, regular Jojo ratings are shit

>3 years since Space Dandy

Jesus christ where does the time go?

You're an idiot.

>3 years
you're fucking lying

damn, they need to get anything dragonball off of toonami asap based on how badly this did

i'm not serious

Nah, he's right. Dandy was early 2014. Since we're fast approaching 6 years of Toonami, name one show you liked the most, one show you liked the least and one show that you were surprised they ended up getting. I'll start:

Liked:

Space Dandy

Didn't Like:

Tenchi GXP

Surprised:

Hunter x Hunter (especially since most of it is on Netflix)

Kinda weird we're getting Super and Kai at the same time, but we all watched Buu Saga so I guess it's not SO bad.

Just feel sorry for the 5 people who never saw the Buu Saga before.

Hunter X Hunter on Netflix is sub only.

Reminder that normies will turn on Super once they see it's not as serious as Z

Indeed, but who would be bothered by subs at this point?

>tfw you're probably as old as Dandy now and your life is more pathetic than before

No asteroid surfing for me yet it seems

People who only watch dubs, duh.

Speaking of ratings, how long do you think Eric Andre and Space Ghost will be on the weekday schedule?

Yup

>Eric Andre
2 months (aka the time it takes to run every episode) at least. It it does consistently well in the ratings, it could hold a regular spot there for a while.

>Space Ghost
Well, let's look at the stats here. They had Tom Goes to the Mayor listed on the weeknights schedule last summer but pulled it before it started airing and that they pulled 4 AM reruns of Home Movies (which got fine ratings) halfway through season 1. So clearly they don't have much of a tolerance for older shows anymore. Especially if they aren't bringing in huge ratings. And given that neither the Croker memorial airing nor last night's 1:15 airing made the Top 100 programs for the night (when nearly every other AS program did), I'd expected it to be pulled off the schedule before the end of the month.

Look at the Boondocks too which is airing on Sunday nights after midnight. That's the oldest other original AS is currently airing (aside from Aqua Teen, which doesn't really count) and even that hadn't been aired for over a year because its ratings draw was rapidly diminishing. Considering that it only drew 722,000 viewers in its first week and didn't even make the Top 100 this week, it will probably be gone in less than a month once AS finds something to replace it with.

Didn't the Croker memorial do shit because of the poor promos for it

They literally changed it the day it happened, god fucking dammit you're fucking retarded as shit, how much push would they have made when they barely had a day to do it?

I'm so dandy, I eat it too.

>thinks SG will do shit because the Croker memorial did shit
>admits it only did shit because it was literally a last minute change
>promptly rages

i'v never seen a level of faggotry of this caliber, golly you're a cunt

When's Jack?

Ok yes. The Croker thing did shit because it was a last minute change. But this was known a month in advance and is actually listed by cable providers this time. Monday's SG bombed while Eric Andre right before did alright and made the Top 100 for the night.

I wasn't the user you were talking to you bandwagoning faggot.

Friendly reminder that not only is One Piece the best selling comic book in history, but in 2016, the anime was the 16th highest rated television show in the world (that includes live action shows)

I have a feeling that Funimation's contract with Toei regarding both Super and Kai is that they can't release them on BD/DVD until they air on television. So the options were either
1. Delay the Super dub for an entire year to let Final Chapters play out (which would've been a really dumb idea financially and probably would've pissed a lot of people off)
2. Skip to Super and have Final Chapters sit on a shelf indefinitely (meaning whatever time/money they put into that dub would've been wasted, especially since they were the ones who commissioned Final Chapters to be made in the first place)
3. Air both at the same time.
The fact that Toonami gets a full hour of new Dragon Ball content each week out of this situation is just gravy.

>Only 16th
Snore

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FAGGOT

well said user

There are no other animated shows above it. The list includes shows like Mr. Robot, The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones.

Oh, and wish Oda-sensei happy birthday. Our King turned 42 on New Years Day.

Again
>Only 16th

Oh wow, you burned me so hard with your witty riposte.

>mfw Jojo didn't even make the list

>REEE GOT YA WITH MY LAUGHING FACE PIC

good point, user

Get a fucking room, holy shit

Boondocks did shitty because they aired the first half of the episode twice and never the second

Liked: Dandy
Disliked: Shit pudding
Surprised: Kai Buu Saga

I'm hoping they shitcan memeghost and move the double Aqua Teen back to midnight

Care to join us

It won't be back until Jack and Drifters air back to back.

has toonami ratings moved to wednsday?

holidays and such delays a day

whatre you up to right now?

debating on getting one of those silicone sex dolls and a ryuko pre-transformed outfit to fuck while playing that dont lose your way song in the backround on repeat during the ninja and pirate shows

cool

JUST

Holidays always cause the ratings to have a one day delay. Should be back to normal next week

>I'm hoping they shitcan memeghost and move the double Aqua Teen back to midnight

Huh? Double Aqua Teen has never aired at midnight. It's been Robot Chicken for like 6 years now. Double Aqua is at 12:30 so I don't know what you're complaining about and I don't know what taking Space Ghost off has to do with that.

And fuck you Space Ghost is great.

Meant for

Space Ghost needs to go on a blacklist along with Home Movies, The Oblongs, and Tom Goes to Mayor for shows that should be banned from airing on Adult Swim ever again.

>Liked

Black Lagoon

Hellsing Ultimate

Michiko & Hatchin

Inuyasha: The Final Act

>Didn't Like

One Piece

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Thundercats

>Surprised

Samurai Champloo

>GiTS returning to toonami
So, we get to hear the major's voice again

And it's missing the last year of episodes. It just stops in the middle of a story arc without warning.

>No shotaXshota

Liked:

Michiko and Hatchin

Didn't like:

Paul Blart Online

Surprised:

Space Dandy

*blocks your path*

Is everyone ready for the true savior of Toonami?

I'm ready to see her become Generic Doting Anime Wife while simultaneously being reminded of her glory days as a spunky teen.

They bringing back GitS: SAC just before the movie comes out.

>18 ruined
>Videl ruined

Which remotely interesting female characters will Toriyama ruin next?

Anyone who isn't named Bulma

Vados. It's going to happen eventually, so you might as well prepare now.

BUMP FOR

This shit is literally SNK now

STOP LIKING THIS SHIT HOLY FUCK

Will Super and Kai buu bring good ratings?
I feel like the ratings will not change at all.

People here are really starting to turn on it. Sup Forums is purging all their threads and any time it's brought up in an unrelated discussion that person is accused of being a Jojobrony. Good to see people finally taking a stand against cancer

Kai probably won't change much, however it is a brand new dub no one has seen yet. Super will be tough to gauge with its premier way at 8pm then immediately rerunning at 11:30. That could be great or a disaster

Anything DBZ related (outside of this marathon, of course) will do well. Super will be interesting to see since from what I gather during the Saturday threads, the early episodes retell the two most recent movies.

Now, the real question is what happens when Kai: The Final Chapters are over with. Do we restart the show, forever locking away the midnight slot or does something different happen?

>live action stuff
>getting deleted in Sup Forums
>>HAY U GAIZ WE R WINNIN THA WAR

Well thank god Toonami decided to air marathons on the two worst performing Saturday nights of the year.

but what if they hadn't

No, Jojo General threads are being deleted

Well, it's not like Toonami aired the movies so I guess that's new content to casual viewers

Before I'd say Kai reruns, but now that they got Super I'd say they at minimum give it a rest for something fresh. But this is Demarco we are talking about so

>Our king turned 42

Really? He's that young? I could have sworn I read somewhere that he was in his 60's.

>head on over to Sup Forums
>check catalog
>type in "general"
>2 matches
>1 with general in the topic with zero replies
>1 with general in the text
imma dun gunna assume dat them there strings r naught whalecum in over under thar area

But seriously, you are like those people who hate FF7 because people love FF7.

stop being a fags fag, fag.

I feel like we are not going to make it to saturday

I was thinking the same thing. I was under the impression he was at least a decade older and that One Piece was effectively a kind of final opus for him.

He was gay, right?

>42 years old
>still draws shounen schlock with big tits for horny NEETs

Literally Liefeld tier

You first. Mods are finally sick of the cancerous behavior JoJofags bring with them where ever they go. It's a good thing.

If by Liefeld tier you mean living the dream despite a non-conventional artstyle, you are absolutely right.

Not confirmed, but it seems this little "gay" guy is lusting for him

>You first
Im not even a jojo fan because watching on toonami is my first watch and its been boring as shit so far outside of the random tommy gun.

But as I said before, you are being just as big as a faggot as the other faggots and just because you are taking a crusader stance does not make you less then a faggot than you already are.

Now, when I ask you to stop being a fags fag, I mean it, ya fag.