Everything after Return of the Jedi has been a blatant cash grab that cheapens the original trilogy

Everything after Return of the Jedi has been a blatant cash grab that cheapens the original trilogy.

Agree or disagree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

disagree. the prequels far surpass the original series

Everything after Empire Strikes Back has been a blatant cash grab that cheapens the original films.

Agree. You either die a hero or live to see yourself become the villian.

does anakin say that?

I mean, I love ROTJ but it was a cash grab too. Speeder bikes, ewoks, more ships, more aliens, wrapped up in a bow. It's the campy perfect ending and done to milk star wars for the end of time.

Lol seriously?

>star wars

Everything after Empire has been a blatant cash grab

Clone Wars is unironically the best Star Wars product ever produced

Star Wars was always a cash grab if you count its licensing capabilities. But if you look at it from Lucas's heart and autism, even the prequels were something he believed in, even if one debates their quality

I prefer Rebels. I think it's the best thing they ever did with the IP.

episode 3 is better than 5 and if you disagree you're stuck in the past and trying to look cool on reddit for hating le prequels

The Empire Strikes Back is the only reason Star Wars is a cultural icon today.

>Star Wars was always a cash grab if you count its licensing capabilities.
this

that has nothing to do with my statement but thanks

as a star wars film and a standalone film, episode 3 is better than esb

Disagree. Prequels are a cashgrab but not blatant.

Agree, though I don't think the prequel trilogy was a cash grab, Lucas actually did want to expand the universe and tell that story, but it absolutely did cheapen the OT

Empire ruins everything right down to the force, only edgy contrarians like it.

True patricians know ANH is the best movie.

Agreed.

Is Star Wars the only franchise where the offshoots like video games and tv shows are better than their source material? KOTOR 2 and Jedi Knight series pretty much BTFO everything in the OT

>episode 3 is better than esb
How are there actually people this retarded in the world?

>Empire ruins everything right down to the force
Explain in detail.

>Executor started the whole ITS TEH BIGGER AND BADDER THAN PREVIOUS ONE XDDD meme
>Force goes from something spiritual and subtle to blatant mary sue powers like telekinesis
>"that armor is too strong for blasters" gets blown up by blasters just because it fell down
>need kermit and miss piggy's lovechild to star in the movie because they killed off Alec and regret it
>constant quips and humor scenes

>Empire ruins everything right down to the force
The force is shit in A New Hope. Empire is what made the force cool.

>Executor started the whole ITS TEH BIGGER AND BADDER THAN PREVIOUS ONE XDDD meme
No idea what you're referring to.
>Force goes from something spiritual and subtle to blatant mary sue powers like telekinesis
If you honestly think the Force changed from episode 4 to 5 you're an idiot. Ben says in 4 that The Force is a energy field that binds and connects everything and it's what gives the Jedi their power. This is shown when he mind controls the trooper (move along), and when he uses TELEKINESIS to move something to make a noise to distract the troopers on the death star. Also, Luke is shown that he can see the training laser ball and dodge the shots without even using his eyes. The Force was "mary sue powers" from the very beginning.
>"that armor is too strong for blasters" gets blown up by blasters just because it fell down
They shot at a vulnerable spot which became exposed when it collapsed, genius
>need kermit and miss piggy's lovechild to star in the movie because they killed off Alec and regret it
Shitting on Yoda makes completely explicit your absolute plebbery
>constant quips and humor scenes
The same goes for episode 4

Seriously, you're either a troll or a fucking moron.

The force was always deus ex machina bullshit. It only existed in A New Hope so Luke could save the day at the end.

>The Season 5 finale
Star Wars will never again cause me to feel anything close to that

disagree

>Everything after The Empire Strikes Back has been a blatant cash grab that cheapens the original two movies.

There, fixed it for you.

He said, whilst wondering what a boob feels like.

Everything after Return of the Jedi has been equally as good, which is not a good thing seeing as every Star Wars movie sucks.

>move something

He didn't. He made the guards think they heard something.

Prequels still had the spirit of Star Wars in them. New movies don't.

kys

true...but ROTJ was at least done similarly to the first two. evrything else like what the fuck is this are they kidding?

Jedi starts the trend.

Honestly the behind the scenes footage from the prequels is the best thing that ever came out from the Star Wars movies

this is a joke, right? are you mentally challenged?

these movies are for children.

He tried to warn you
youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

Did you see anything move in that scene?

>blatant cash grab
>cash grab
well im sure thats why most people do anything not sure why blatant is an important modifier here

>not sure why blatant is an important modifier here

There is a difference between doing something for money and doing something only for the money

no, because it was a hallway/room outside of where the scene was shot, but I heard it. why the fuck would we, the audience, hear a noise that only existed inside of the storm troopers heads? I guess you really are mentally challenged after all.

>hear a noise that only existed inside of the storm troopers heads?

To make sure brainlets like you get it. Guess you didn't.

ah ok, you're trolling. that's my bad for taking such a retarded claim seriously in the first place I guess

>Obi Wan shown to mess with Stormtroopers' minds
>telekinesis never shown in the whole of ANH

Yeah, right, "I" am trolling

you mean everything after The empire strikes back

Agree. The original trilogy had the right mix of kid friendly stuff, adventure, and darkness.

it doesn't matter what you say, making a very clear and audible noise for the audience to hear when it's actually supposed to be a mind trick that only the storm troopers hear is beyond retarded and completely against reason.
but if we're actually arguing over the original issue of whether the force was shown to give telekinetic powers in episode 4, not only does vader physically choke that guy without touching him, but in the novelization vader levitates a cup from a table up into his hand.

so no matter what, you're wrong and an idiot. keep talking though, I'm sure it will make you look less stupid eventually.

>Kylo flip flopping to hero side in the trailer.
Fuck. Killing his father was a point of no return and yet he is going back now? That meand the killing will be written off as his momental error.
Han fucking Solo. Has died. Because of someone's brief moment of stupidity. It's plain inconsiderate to have a character who has been around for forty years killed off like that.

Yes and Sheev did say that too.

In the new trailer it looks like he'll kill his mother too.

No dumbass, Yoda says it right before Luke leave to go to Bepis

Why was old man Kenobi such a lying piece of shit?

It's Ray that is implied on turning to dark side. TLJ ends with that cliffhanger

I think they're gonna start a romance (because the second film in the trilogy always has romance) and it will be left ambiguous who's switching to what side.

Disagree.