Rod, Todd, and Maude all rhyme

Rod, Todd, and Maude all rhyme

Wow! I never noticed that!

No grass is grown under your feet, Mr. Frog!

They also rhyme with God

>Rodd and Todd
>rhyme with Maude
Huh. American accents are strange things.

With my accent they don't.

Well Rod/Todd/God, but not Maude.

Literally nobody cares about you or your accent

It's the accent they use in the show that matters.

I wasn't trying to make it about me, but if I just said "they don't rhyme" some cunt would say "uh yeah they do" like there's a universal answer.

Was just pointing out that it varies.

Mod, Rod, and Todd all rhyme

In the show I don't think they pronounce it "Mod" though either, or at least not every character does. I don't think even Flanders says it like "Mod."

I'm sure the names are deliberate and that they rhyme according to someone; it just doesn't seem like they typically do even in the show.

If only Ned's first name was Nod

Stupid Flanders

The worlds first vibrator was a small container filled with bees.

They could have been Red, Ted, and Dead

>Rod, Todd, and Maude all die

FIFY

There is a universal answer. You're just a dumbass pronouncing it wrong.

Not really.

I'd say it like "Mawd," the characters in the show seem to say it that way too, but with some accents it'd sound more like "Mod," which is the subject of this thread, and that'd also be correct.

>Mawd
>Mod
Those are pronounced the same, you dumbfuck.

For me it's different. "Aw" vs. "ah."

That's what I was trying to get at; that with accents it varies and doesn't always rhyme the way Rod and Todd do.

They do. That's how it's pronounced in General American English, which the show uses.

I hear it in the show as "Mawd," not "Mod," but that's hard to represent in text.

I'm also American and I don't think the show pronounces it differently than how I say it, but going by the responses in this thread apparently everyone hears it as "Mod."

>"Aw" vs. "ah"
Are you some retarded foreigner? Those are pronounced the same.

They're not, but the thing is, they sound so similar that it's a non-issue in a discussion about rhyming. You might as well argue about Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

>They're not
What's the difference then?

Well, the "w" in "aw" brings your cheeks closer together, while "ah" is more relaxed. I'm no linguist, so I don't remember the exact words for these, and it does vary from place to place because the US has quite a few accents. But going by General American, it's right.