Worth watching or just old peoples meme?

worth watching or just old peoples meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTsg9i6lvqU
youtube.com/watch?v=ElgrXyJ-Huo
youtube.com/watch?v=VBk79X3rMyc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's great but most people probably don't have the attention span for a slow old movie like this.

Does it matter? You're not going to watch it.

It's pretty good.

It's worth watching most movies that are in popular culture so you can understand references. Some are good on their own and some are good to have seen anyway.

This. It might be hard to get into them at first but there are some that still hold up today. Wages of Fear and 12 Angry Men are two that I'm thinking of rn

It's decent. Nothing more nothing less. But it's the first le old movie for many so they exalt it beyond that.
That said Bogart is the fucking man in this.

Worth watching for Bogey, but as a romance it's not that good and not only because it's old

it's pretty good but treasure of sierra madre is a better bogey flick.

Probably the most meme "classic". At least Citizen Kane was innovative. This is just a bunch of people hanging out in Casablanca and nothing really happens.

The Caine Mutiny is cool as well

>nothing happens

stop

Its fun movie and holds pretty well

It's worth watching.

>Here's looking at you kid
WTF? I thought she was an adult?? IS BOGART A PEDOPHILE???

Jimmy Stewart > Bogey

youtube.com/watch?v=KTsg9i6lvqU
If you can see this scene and not feel a burning passion in your soul, you don't belong on this board.
Casablanca I would trade for any romantic movie made after 2007

Movies where the good guys lose?

Definition of kino

Absolutely 100% worth watching

yesyesyesy I understand the Nazi sympathy.
but haha no faggot lol

god damn the girl at :57 is gorgeous

To Have and Have Not >>> Casablanca

I'm sorry, but it's gonna take a lot more than some people singing to give me a burning passion in my soul.

My mom hated it but when I saw it, it immediately became one of my top 10 movies.

Ingrid Bergman

fantastic film.

it's shit.
Even most of the 'classic lines' are bad and cringey at best. No idea how they became popular.
Very much a meme 'classic'

the more movies i watch the more i find this to be true

jimbo was and is the perfect american

What's that line everybody goes apeshit over? "I'm looking at you" or something.

This. Treasure of Sierra madre is fucking goat bogey.

here's looking at you kid

>Forget about her boss, we'll get drunk and go driving.
Wouldn't have a line like that these days, also
>Don't forget this gun is pointed straight at your heart
>Thankfully that's my least vulnerable spot.
It's a very quotable movie.

It's
>muh EBUL NAAAHZIS
core.

Such a quotable movie
>you had me at hello
>frankly my dear I don't give a damn
>shuffle of your mortal coil
>the horror, the horror
>your a big guy
and many more

Those lines aren't from Casablanca tho.

The fuck does that even mean?

You know it was made during the war right?

yes they are

that's the quote. probably needs to be in the context. he is leaving her or something i dunno I've never seen it.

So?

I honestly like it very much

The absolute state of television & film in 2017

But it doesn't even make grammatical sense.

its a contraction and I should have put a comma before kid

here is looking at you, kid

its one of those things that doesn't make sense if you dont speak english natively probably

You are a fucking pleb or a 5 year old if you haven’t seen this movie yet.

He's only wrong about Citizen Kane
Touch of evil >>>> Kane

On the whole, Bogart has a wider, more consistent body of work. Stewart at his best was the best, though.

>Bogart has a wider, more consistent body of work.

Sure, if you ignore all the B-list shit he made between the Petrified Forest and Maltese Falcon.

Gone With The Wind is actually an amazing classic movie that holds up,it's still impressive especially the first half

This....I don't see it as such. Watched it, forgot about it.

no, they really should have made it with Ronald Reagan as Rick
:snigger:

"Play Le Marseillaise. Play eet!"

My ex's favourite movie, and a pretty good movie all in all. Hard to watch now because of ex feels.

>Losing a girl who doesn't want you

He won, really. We all have feelings for girls who aren't right, but when they go we don't lose anything, it wasn't going to work out anyway, it was just fun.

When youre talking to a girl you dont have to make sense, you just have to make her feel

It just means goodbye in a cheeky sort of way

Be cheeky to your bitch, don't give her literal things all the time, give her things that confuse her and don't even make sense

I like Rick as a character a lot more than I like the actual film. I felt like I spent a small time in purgatory stuck in that bar listening to people sing

Rick is based

youtube.com/watch?v=ElgrXyJ-Huo

Def between red and black pilled

>based
>red and black pilled

People like you can't form or have opinions worth heeding.

This is the same kind of person who will praise blade meme 2049 as a masterpiece

Faggots like you never amount to shit because you're afraid to consider other viewpoints or express them so you only get as far in life as the herd

>Impling blade runner 2049 wasnt kino
Fuck off, reddit

>ur a sheep and im not while i only speak in memes

>the herd

That's quite droll from a regurgitator of expressions like "based" and "redpilled".

yeah good one faggot clever

None of the important characters are jewish, they only hold down bit parts, so yes it is worth watching.
Sidney Greenstreet and Claude Rains steal the show.

because the herd is so often speaking about red pills arent they? not just limited to microcosms on the internet away from 99.99% of the population?

were you born this fucking stupid or did you make a real go at it

It wasn't

You have to go back

>because the herd is so often speaking about red pills arent they?

No flies on you, user. When you're in a hole your wisest course of action's generally to *stop* digging.

The classic lines people remember are shit. ("play it again", "i'm looking at you kid".)
The classic lines people don't remember are great, stuff like:
"I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here."
"Your winning's sir."
"Oh thank you very much, everybody out at once."

It's pretty great overall: well plotted, and the dialogue is sharp and witty. However people overplay the supposed "chemistry" between Bogart and Bergman, when there really wasn't any.

If you want to see on-screen chemistry, watch pic related. It's pretty much a remake of Casablanca.

When I saw it this was exactly what I felt.

I really think is overrated, people talk about like is the best romance movie ever, but totally not.

But watch it, at least you get some popular culture from it.

I just watched my fair lady and it was legit the best movie I have seen in years.

>Was you ever bit by a dead bee?

One of my favorite movies of all time.

He never actually says "play it again sam" in the movie.

Rick is such a cuck. Besides that, it's a good movie.

Why?

>tfw I literally don't know how to whistle

youtube.com/watch?v=VBk79X3rMyc

Watch the movie. Or don't talk about it

Yeah I know, thing is I can't even remember the original line it's that memorable.

holds up, still very watchable which is more than you can say about most classics eg citizen kane