Why is higher intelligence associated not only with hindered social ability (autism) but also other disorders such as...

Why is higher intelligence associated not only with hindered social ability (autism) but also other disorders such as problems with sensory processing? This is some conspiracy-tier shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

humans can only get so smart before problems begin occuring

Do you think autistic people are smart?

>Do you think water is wet?

So you agree that they are smart?

It seems that certain sections of the brain are sacrifices for other sections. The social aspect of the brain being the one mostly affected.

Because intelligence, really, is abnormal.
As in, not average.
Therefore, an intelligent mind is wired differently, or, processes information differently than the typical mind.

higher intelligence isn't associated with autism

autists just have superiority complexes because they can't even comprehend what they lack

autists are literal retards who think they are smart because they watched rain man and talk to their moms a lot

I bet you're 'smart but lazy', right OP? Fact of the matter is 99% of you sperg lords are the bottom of the ladder for a reason. The thing about stupid people, is that they often can't introspectively gauge how dumb they really are. Instead they choose to blame outside influences for their failings.

I don't understand this meme. Autism being associated with intelligence is the equivalent of people with free time accomplishing something.

Highly intelligent people are a rarity and not the average. Their minds work differently and they have trouble relating to average people. It's probably because of the different portions of the brain and shit.

We aren't supposed to get too smart. If we were, it would be selected and everyone would be fucking Einstein. Instead what is selected is a more social, outgoing person with just an average intelligence.

Where did I imply I was autistic?

Your entire post screeches projection.

>no reference
Why do you say this user?

This. Motor skills and social graces are deprecated when you're sitting in front of a computer all day

You've been begging the question since the OP

There's no real correlation between autism and intelligence. There are intelligent autists and there are autists like this
youtube.com/watch?v=yTU8WbTbZMI

The only thing autists have in common is social retardation.

Becoming disconnected with the "common" reality is one of the most important things for high intelligence. Autistic people are freed from the restraints of the herd, and are able to make up their own mind as to how the world works.

Autists really don't know how to do some self-reflection and they have no idea how low their emotional intelligence is. People who call themselves intelligent are usually not as smart as they think. They analyze every detail and make their decisions based on logic instead of just following your feelings. Makes them look retarded.

>You've been begging the question since the OP
And the other guy is projecting because his entire post is based off of an assumption and he's using phrases like "introspectively gauge" which scream projection.

But to answer his question, I do not fit into any of the categories he had described. Thanks, leaf.

most of the people you're talking about probably just have mild autism.

i think some people are also just so smart that they can't relate to how people think because their perspective is so much different and more refined than the average person.

like all the basic social functions are there if they actually meet someone who's on their level, but it breaks down when the gap is too large.

take NFL football, for example. football is 11 minutes of canned action and 4 hours of filler and ads. anyone who figures this out isn't going to watch football and therefore won't relate much to a group of people who only truly feel alive during football season.

i'm not saying that football is for idiots, but i do higher intelligence correlates with a dislike of advertising. either that or a knowledge of the existence of adblocking software, but probably both.

t. autist

Think of a computer CPU

It can only process so much before it starts to fuck stuff up

t. projecting
t. ad hominem because no counter argument

>Autists really don't know how to do some self-reflection
You mean to compare oneself to the standards of the masses?
>They analyze every detail and make their decisions based on logic instead of just following your feelings. Makes them look retarded.
What?

Of course he's projecting. He literally said "I bet you are ______"

Why did you feel like you had to tell all of us that he was projecting? Did you think we wouldn't be able to pick up on it? Do you have trouble picking up on things like this?

>they have no idea how low their emotional intelligence is.
Is knowing truly enough though?

What is your argument?
Why does user need a counter argument?

I didn't feel compelled to tell you all he was projecting, I had said that in response to you having claimed I "begged the question".

Why did you feel like you had to tell all of us that I was begging the question? Did you think everyone else wouldn't be able to pick up on it? Do you have trouble picking up on things like this?

Self awareness is a terror in its own right, particularly when you know that you're not a great person. You know those awkward memories that are so horrible, you have to fucking shout them out of your head? That's a constant for people like that.
The only thing you can really do is booze em up after work.

some colloquialism about eggs and baskets...

They aren't. Reminder that the majority of people seen as intellectual were also socially capable. You're just projecting and trying to explain being such a loser.

Because the mind is set in a way that uses all the other senses better if one is dead. Autistic people cannot function socially, so their brain power is used on intelligence, if that isn't damaged too.

It's like blind people that can hear better than people that can see. Blind people focus on hearing better, when seeing people are more focused on watching where they are going.

This

>I had said that in response to you having claimed I "begged the question".
How does that respond to my accusation that you begged the question?

or, y'know

work on improving yourself

All these people saying autstic people aren't smart.

-Elon Musk
-The guy who made a billion being the first one to predict the housing market collapse

Autistic overlords are coming.

>High IQ
>People think I have autism because I dont socialize much and prefer to be alone
>Dont realize they are just so dumb and brain washed I dont want to talk to them

Think that about sums it up.

Autistic people are a bit smarter on average, but not all smart people are autistic. See

>being sociable means you're dumb and brainwashed

oh my sides, what losers will tell themselves to not feel bad.

Just a leaf.

Anyway when the people around you are liberals who advocate the destruction of white males how the fuck can you relate to them?

Guess only a dumb ass Canadicuck could.

There is something called the autism spectrum
Autism comes in many forms and severities. High functioning autists have higher potential due to increased focus, lack of emotion, attention to detail and specific interests.

I am on the spectrum therefore I want intelligent enough to look it up you dumb motherfucker drink bleach

Autism is associated with higher intelligence in functioning individuals.
Intelligence is not.

Going back to my original post it doesn't because you were addressing a question I had asked that I had forgot I had included in it.

You clearly are autistic, and bitter because you're such a loser. So you associate people that are succesful and social with negative ideas, giving you an air of superiority/logically explaining why you don't associate with them. Naturally, it's all made up bitter generalizations. In fact, you don't associate because you've failed as a human and can't even emotionally connect with others.

>it doesn't because you were addressing a question I had asked that I had forgot I had included in it.
is English your first language?

you're the one arguing with a retard, retard.

woman detected

Are you feeling lonely on campus? There are some things you could do to meet people. Take a look a the young conservatives club, or the Trump thumpers.

If you're not a total sperg, you should be able to explain and defend your views without vomiting your powerlevel all over your peers.

You're not wrong. Unsociable people just have time to reflect on how the world works and hence grow bitterness due to the sour grapes coupled with the realization they can't be happy along with everyone else.

I am just flustered in life because I was born with a sensory processing disorder/anxiety disorder and for whatever reason couldn't integrate well with my peers going back to preschool. And it continues to this day. Now that I have self-awareness though, I have grown bitter with myself moreso than other people because I've definitely missed out on not being able to interact with others even though that's literally ALL I want in life. Now I have a whole bunch of personality disorders caked on because I feel as though my "natural personality" was at odds with my social inhibitions growing up as a child. I just want to know how to break free of the chains of my past, and I started this thread because "hurr durr ooga booga IQ/autism meme" is one of few ways to spark overall discussion in regards to overall sociability issues on Sup Forums

Its survival of the fittest not survival of the whatever the fuck. You don't just evolve for no reason.

I think you might actually be autistic, lad.

I got tested for autism a few years ago

>someone admits they were wrong
>I MUST add fuel to the fire
Come on now.

>emotional intelligence
kill yourself you homo

>it's another "intelligence" thread on Sup Forums
there's never going to be a good measure of intelligence because there's so much invested in looking as such

just another thing to brag about like dick size and a great deal of the time not necessary. do you think a guy with an IQ of 150 is going to do better than 2 guts with an IQ of 140 or 3-4 guys with a group of 120?

it's all social posturing bullshit, i fucking hate the intelligence meme. you can call me a retard if you like, i'll call myself a retard right now. people who take extensive intelligence testing are pretentious fucktards and guaranteed losers so you people right now arguing about it should shut the fuck up

>autists just have superiority complexes because they can't even comprehend what they lack
This is the correct answer. If you cannot comprehend something abstract like a metaphor, an analogy, a generalization, etc. then you are not more intelligent. Autists (and also psychopaths whom they share the whole no empathy thing with) cannot comprehend abstract. They can only think in binary black-white and on-off terms. They fail to see any gray or anything in the middle because that requires abstract thinking which they don't have

This aussie knows whats up.

you're assuming everyone has the same cpu.

neural architecture varies from person to person.

on the topic of autism, autists have a completely different neural architecture than normal people. everyone's is different but theirs is so wildly different it's still evident on observation.

i wonder how they react to LSD.

that's pretty ironic

Plz stop I'm trying not to drink tonight

> tfw autistic enough to be socially awkward but not autistic enough to not be aware of it

So are you for being on this site. shiggy diggy doo!

>and bitter because you're such a loser
>made up bitter generalizations

actual autist here, i think you're projecting pretty hard

for some reason i do not get on well with most people. i have different interests, different morals, different life goals, etc. i can maintain small talk but with most people i can't maintain an actual relationship.

i do not blame anyone, not even myself, for this fact. i am a genetic outlier, so i naturally do not fit in with the normal population that has been selected to have social skills above all else.

that's okay. i don't mind it.

so really, this enraged ad hominem that you're using is just showing that you're insecure about something. why would you care about some random guy on the autism spectrum? what purpose does it have?

survival of the fittest removes negative mutations and traits, it doesn't add positive ones

someone born without legs or completely blinded wouldn't survive in the wilderness, so those traits would get wiped out. someone who can't hold extensive conversation but can still hold a spear and run fast would survive, because there is nothing specifically discriminating against those traits.

social people were selected more than asocial people because social abilities are important for survival. if intelligence was instead needed to survive, people would naturally be hyperintelligent

>said the guy on Sup Forums at 1 PM on a Thursday

come on mate you're just as autistic as the rest of us

If you're so smart you figure out how to get over your social issues. If you just know you're smarter and better than everybody you use that to quit being so fucking awkward. You learn that is better to say nothing than say something awkward, but that its you that makes it awkward, and you learn when to stop when your idgaf attitude reaches its limits and you really do start looking like a retard.

You're smart enough to figure it out or you're a fucking autistic retard.

People probably thought this was demonic possession a few hundred years ago

are you smart?

I know what I must do but I feel hindered because of my past. I still have motor-sensory issues when being instructed, that's a leftover from my childhood. I also become petrified in the face of others. But I hope to change for the better.

FACT: social people can't be intelligent in a true sense because they lack introspection

how can you define smart? i'm not in the position to determine that myself as i'm naturally biased

*puts finger through hole without looking and punches you in the arm*

haha fucking dingus

I don't agree with that.

Introspection is a buzzword meaning time to indulge on your insecurities.

don't you ever crave company? i like some time to myself but i'd go nuts alone all the time.

i think the ideal friends are just people smarter than your coworkers. i mostly work alone in various retail stores so all my coworkers are just store managers. makes it easy.

Most people who brand themselves as intelligent are anything but. The most intelligent people I've met have quite consistently been chill eccentric normies with blue collar jobs. Inversely, most of the least intelligent people I've known have been hyper-dogmatic pseudo-intellectual nu-male libcucks who just bandy about packaged arguments in one giant circle jerk.

dont be a faggot, just say if you think youre smart or not. how good are you at what you do? are you considrably above others? or do you do nothing but wanking? i think answering that question might be enough

our new frog god seems to agree.

why then

"insecurities" is a buzzword

why do fairly intelligent people seem to gather on this website? based on the shitposting you'd think its only regards, but you see way more posts with actual thought and logic behind them than on places like Facebook or tumblr.

Because it's possible to be both social and introspective at the same time.

>just say if you think youre smart or not
lmao is there anybody on earth who thinks themselves to be stupid?

>dont be a faggot, just say if you think youre smart or not
i told you i'm biased. everyone thinks they're smart. i doubt i'm anything above average logically though.

>how good are you at what you do
pretty good. if i get into the swing of things stuff comes kinda easily.

> are you considrably above others
in grades, yes, in wealth, i'm about average for my age, relationships no i'm worse than most people

>do you do nothing but wanking
once a week

Less social distractions to hinder the learning process I suppose. Social wealth in this world is literally useless.

Now I'm curious. Who are the smartest super-outgoing people? Presumably these people would be well-known in society both for being fun to be around AND being wicked smaht. So who?

Do you think I wouldn't kill to be a normie in exchange for """introspection"""?

Where the fuck has """introspection""" gotten you over the years? Fucking nowhere I'd assume.

ITT:

>I'm not asocial because I'm a loser, I'm asocial because I'm just too smart and special for everybody else!

You can sugarcoat it and I get it, but ultimately it boils down to same as above

sorry user, I don't mean to shitpost

Social isolation can be hard. I grappled with anxiety and isolation for a couple years in undergrad, but I was lucky enough to turn it around after I got out of the suffocating post-secondary atmosphere. Bitterness isn't the way to go, but it can be extremely hard to let go of it.

I found that the best way to go about disarming socially people is with humor. There's a formula to it like everything else. You create (or gauge) an exception and then subvert it in a way that still follows logically.

i never said that. i said i lack social skills due to a disorder and that naturally separates me from most people. you're the one assuming i think i'm some special snowflake.

Depends on the person.
Michio kaku is considered a genius bit he is a very awkward person. I consider myself smart, but only because others have told me so. I like being alone but I have no trouble being a normie and making friends.

Most people with autism have mental retardation.

fuck this post cracked me up

There IS nothing stopping you from being social. Yeah whatever the psychologists tell me "hurr durr u got da condition xD" but it's a load of bullshit led on by shit parenting. There is no condition stopping you from being social it is all made up/excuses. faster you accept this faster you'll be social. i am getting more social by the week

>You can sugarcoat it and I get it, but ultimately it boils down to same as above
I spend every second of every day telling myself I'm no different than the average normie and am the way I am now because of differing circumstances. I tend to think I'm smarter than others sometimes, but who DOESN'T? Don't tell me you're an exception. I just don't let it get to my head anymore. There was a time where I did but that was a time of patheticness.

what psychedelics have you tried?

at the very least you should try ecstasy and mushrooms.

also, you should befriend people who are worse off than you. not only would it give you tons of practice, but you'd be making the world a better place. give what you seek to get.

I think I'm smarter than average too yes but why even mention that? everyone thinks they're better than others. its a standard/common ground that is utterly redundant/pointless to mention.

> i doubt i'm anything above average logically though.

thats a better answer. "im biased" "everyone thinks theyre smart". no, saying these kind of shit is the new kind of smartass. if you think youre demostrably above others dont hide under false humility fags

that physics dude feinstein or was it feindude

I have a tough time on weed as is, but am interested in psychedelics. I'm just frightened my life will become an eternal bad trip, you know? I have pent-up negativity inside me and I feel as if though I'm one bad event away from becoming schizophrenic; I have family history.

being social is harder as an intelligent person because social interaction is all about making people feel good and playing with emotions rather than discussing logic or less comfortable things

in this way you sort of have to "become the normie" and think on their level, train yourself to work with how they operate. you can turn it into a game this way

bypassing how they work and forcing autism on them only turns them off, so if you can't learn, the best way to fit in is to be relatively quiet

you have no proof of that. but if you actually thought about it, you'd realize that social people lack the self-awareness that non-social people have

there really are none. social people just get through life by being sociable and connecting with others. they're playing life on easy-mode

do you even know what introspection is. because the way you're handling yourself seems to indicate a severe lacking of it

well yes, you and me both agree that it's normal. but I also understand what you meant in and I just don't fit into there anymore. I'm not asocial I'm just a frightened child who hasn't had his issues resolved. Of course, I'm trying to change.