What does Sup Forums thinks about Once Upon A Timer?

What does Sup Forums thinks about Once Upon A Timer?

Since its written by the same guys who did Lost, Im going to guess the plot makes no sense.

never seen Lost.

You'd be correct

That I can believe

I didn't know that.

Also you're right, it doesn't.

Jafar is the sultan's bastard son that the sultan had drowned and thrown out with the garbage. He goes to Wonderland to change the laws of magic so that he can wish the genie (who wants to fuck Alice) to make his father (aforementioned sultan) truly love him so that the sultan knows what it's like to be killed by someone they love.

So you guess right.

First season was good. Should have ended there.

its shit

It's a guilty pleasure of mine that I keep watching even though its objectively shit.

Other than surviving being drowned as a baby and surviving for 30+ years, that actually makes sense.

But it sure smells like something written by LOST writers.

what happened to this guy? I mean you would think with genies and jafar and all that shit he would show up again

It's basically a never ending loop of terrible people who alternately want to fuck and kill each other.

So yeah.

Hades isn't played by James Woods, which disgusts me.

Oh no, he wasn't drowned as a baby. His dying mother pleaded with the sultan to take him as a slave when he was 12.

Daily reminder that Rumple does nothing wrong

and everyone's related

hot

sure the show had some flaws. but we all gotta admit that Grimheart or The Evil Queen is hot as hell.

>James Woods railing on all the overwrought stereotypes

That would be perfect honestly.

>A Disney crossover fanfiction is on television
It was one thing when it was a video game but jesus.

It's a nonsensical soap populated by Disney characters so the writers don't have to try to make people care about the drama

It's about as cynical and terrible as TV gets

>Snow White's daughter & Captain Hook
>Mulan & Aurora
>Alice & the Genie
This has to be a record for the most on screen crack pairings in a legitimate work of fiction.

Lana Parrilla and Georgina Haig are superduper hot

>Boob window
Dropped

>once upon a tumblr

Post yfw Disney runs out of it's own IPs and ropes Kingdom Hearts into Once Upon A Time

Couldn't they have used better makeup for her? I've seen better body paint on 13 year old Homestuck cosplayers.

I'd rather they touch the topic of the very first story ever made.

Watching it because my S.O. is super into the show.

It's got maybe 2 or 3 good episodes per season, and by good, I mean legitimately "Oh hey, this is actually really interesting and thought-provoking stuff!"

Problem is, Seasons are 22 episodes, each 43 minutes long.

And the rest is a tedious sludge of inconsistent character motivations, powers which are brought up and never used again (USE YOUR FUCKING LIE DETECTION ABILITY, EMMA! FOR GOD'S SAKE, WE COULD HAVE ENDED THIS SEASON LIKE 15 EPISODES AGO IF YOU HAD JUST REMEMBERED YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO TELL WHEN PEOPLE ARE LYING!), and revolving-door-morality plot devices.

I think some people will get value out of the show, but for most people, it's definitely not worth watching.

I've never seen it. All I know is that I didn't care about it at first and I certainly hate it now that I know they made Lancalot black.

>S.O.
Just say boyfriend or girlfriend.

Looks like it's a show for middle age women and fat gay guys.

I'd say, judging from how the views having been going down season after season, this season or next will probably be the final one.

Regina muh waifu though

Technically Mulan and Merida are the lesbians. Mulan was just wet for Aurora

So most of ABC?

>Disney tie-in with Big Bads each season
>Use Chernabog as a one-off monster instead of root of all evil and final Big Bad

wew

Wait what's this "Jafar goes to wonderland" business?

Did I miss an episode? I don't remember that this season. Or was that in a promo for the next half?

He's looking rather small

Plugging her for Catwoman in the Sirens/Batman solo film. She is hot AND is age appropriate for Batfleck

Exactly. Though to be fair he can still be imposing at that size. Ganon is about that big

Is that that show with fables living among modern people, like the comic Fables but shitty and everyone having amnesia for reasons?

>STILL no that Elizabeth Mitchell webm

Why even bother making this thread?

Honestly? This show is literally every single fan fiction trope you can possibly think of thrown to television.
>bunch of famous characters crossing over
>they all live in one place for slice of life shenanigans and ease of comfort for the writer
>main character is a self insert Mary Sue who is daughter of the most perfect perfect love ever and everyone loves her and she's special and also with the hot captain Hook, who's now a leather clad British bad boy
>writer likes Rumpelstiltskin so Rumpelstiltskin is fucking everyone and everywhere
>plot feels like it was written by a fifteen year old
I could go on all day, but really all you have to do is look up a list of fanfiction tropes, they're pretty much all fucking here.

That being said, because it has to be said, despite all of it I really fucking love this show for some reason. I don't know how they did it, but somehow the confusion and ludicrous nature of it all just adds to the spectacle and I eat up every minute of this shit.

I'm guessing it was the spin off short series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, which I also didn't actually see because I just thought it was a season title and I'd eventually catch up to it when I started.

So it's everything wrong with the CW turned up to 11?

No wart or long nose or any ugliness?

... Does she at least have a good witch laugh? Cause the chick from that 70s show even knew a good witch laugh was needed.

But user, I gave it 3 episodes and literally nothing happens those first 3 episodes. There's no conflict aside from 'THESE PEOPLE ARE VERY EVIL, HATE THEM LOOK HOW DARK THEIR CLOTHING IS' how the fuck did it not get canceled in its first season?

>"Lost" was a hit
>"Once Upon a Time" is a hit
>"Dead of Summer" failed

What went wrong? The twist was actually pretty clever.

>Rumpelstiltskin wants a guy dead
>finds potion to kill said guy
>before verifying it at all, he runs to kill him with it
>he pours the potion on literally the only thing in existence capable of stopping him instead of some random knife
>it's never explained why the fuck he does something so stupid since he's been obsessively careful and protective of that thing for like five fucking seasons now
>knife doesn't work
>Oh no! Bad guy has knife! How could this have happened?
That was the stupidest thing I've seen in a really long time, even as a regular watcher of this show.

>What went wrong?

Well for starters:
>Freeform

What fucking channel is that?

ABC Family rebranded.

They're doing a CLOAK & DAGGER show now.

>Freeform

aka the "YA Lit" channel

Okay, well there's the reason it failed.

Oh, and let's not forget, while I'm here:
>Evil Man breaks into Rumpel's shop and just starts stealing shit in front of him
>Rumpel waves his arms and uses his literal ungodly powerful magic to eradicate him from the face of the planet
>except it doesn't work because Bad Guy is immune to magic for some stupid reason but whatever it makes it slightly interesting
>Rumpel just scowls and lets him steal whatever he wants
>instead of fucking opening a portal and space time and throwing him into the sun
>or poofing him into the center of the fucking earth
>or literally fucking anything
>fuck, he could probably conjure the taser sword they used on him earlier but he just fucking doesn't
>the most conniving, clever character in the show just fucking sits there like an angry statue as this asshole ransacks his store
I'm not going to lie, I fucking loved Hyde as a character, I really did, but they handled him really fucking stupidly.

Not familiar with Freeform's material, but I watched this because I like 80's horror movie throwbacks. First few episodes were pretty bad, but I actually respect that they killed almost everybody AND that the qt was the axe murderer

Out and proud and well-accepted gay and transgender kids in the late 80's still felt weird, tho.

>I'm guessing it was the spin off short series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, which I also didn't actually see because I just thought it was a season title and I'd eventually catch up to it when I started.

Well I guess i'll have to make time to watch that now too

>But user, I gave it 3 episodes and literally nothing happens those first 3 episodes

You're going to have to watch more than just those 3, user.

As much as I hate being the "It doesn't get good till X Episodes in" guy, this is one of those shows that you do actually have to grind through the mediocre to get to the good stuff