Wondy Thread

Is there any hope for the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bm-MLEcon80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is there any hope for the movie?

Nope. But Wonder Woman is still pretty cool.

>Wonder Woman thread
>on a board that hates the character and steadfastly refuses to read her books outside of Azzarello's garbage
Hey, OP, if you just go right ahead and kill yourself for being retarded as hell, that'd be great.

Absolutely.
God bless the Dceu.

Really desperately hope the Greek Gods appear. And that David Thewlis is playing Ares and does battle Diana in armor.
Please god.

Jason Fabok does the best Wonder Woman IMO

chill out bud

Honestly? Probably.

They were smart to copy the Lynda Carter's TV show, which is what normies remember her for.

The movie will be a romance and it star a stronk female protagonist. The critics will probably go easy on it due that.

Also, even if the movie fails it'll have some influence on the comics and how they portrayal the character. I'm saying this mostly to mention Steve Trevor. The movie will raise awareness about his existence. Since he's going to be portrayed by Chris Pine, who's usually shown as a charming rogue, maybe that portrayal will carry over to the comics giving comics Trevor a bit of character.

So yeah, good things are to follow.

Oh, yeah. And Etta Candy. The movie will bring the fun back to Etta or just remember editors and writers that Etta is someone that exists.

The bottom-line here is that the movie will do wonders for Wonder Woman's supporting cast in the years that will follow.

>chill out
Fuck off, I've had to put up with Sup Forums's Wondy related bullshit for years. I ain't in the fuckin' mood today, so just delete this thread or jump off a fucking cliff.

>writers ever giving a shit about Diana's supporting cast
You're a naive twat.

Thanks for the bumps friend, now go calm down

>Jason Fabok does the best Wonder Woman IMO
Probably.
Sharp is currently doing really great work tho.
And Lee Bermejos here is phemneonal.

>writers ever giving a shit about Diana's supporting cast
You're a naive twat.
Bruh Trevor & Etta are being used notably in the current run.

Steve has had a pretty strong push in general since Nu52 dropped.

>Bruh Trevor & Etta are being used notably in the current run.

They suck, though. Rucka writers Trevor as a blander Batman and Etta as the generic bossy black woman.

Not in a good way, though.

>and Etta as the generic bossy black woman.
That is better then being generic fat sidekick comedy relief cringedreck.

Post-Crisis Etta Candy was good.

youtube.com/watch?v=bm-MLEcon80

I'm hopeful that the movie will improve her modern comics at least. Like said, Etta and Trevor appearing on the big-screen (and seemingly decently portrayed) could finally give Wondy a supporting cast that isn't wiped away by the next writer. We can finally stop re-exploring her backstory now that it'll be common knowledge to casuals. With what looks like Doctor Poison in the movie, comic writers might finally remember that Wondy actually does have rogues. And, from the interviews at least, they seem aware that Wondy is supposed to be compassionate and loving and not just a stronk warrior womyn. Who knows if they'll manage to strike the right balance but the comic writers certainly need all the help they can get and if the movie sets a decent example I can forgive pretty much any flaws it might have.

>generic bossy black woman is better than classic Etta

lmao
And I find classic Etta annoying

Well aren't you a ray of fucken sunshine.
Go play in traffic.

It's the same guy that once said "I'm the only person here who cares about Wonder Woman"

Pretty pathetic tbqh

>The movie will be a romance and it star a stronk female protagonist. The critics will probably go easy on it due that.

I have a feeling the critics won't go easy on it exactly because of that. "The protagonist is female so you make it a love story? C'MON, IT'S 2017!"

The fact that it was confirmed that Trevor will take Wonder Woman's virginity in a "beautiful" scene will probably raise some ire.

kek
source on that?

Sounds dubious. Superhero films have been pretty sexless so far.

I refuse to believe that is actually true

It's totally plausible though

>romantic scene
>they start making out
>lay on bed
>fade to black
>careless whisper starts playing

Female-led action movies have been successful and franchised a handful of times.
This won't be one of those times. The lead actress isn't known for strong dramatic performances OR standout appearances in the action genre.
On top of this, it's opening in a very tough Summer slot, hedged in on all sides by franchises lead by popular action stars.

Add a Director who's not known for big action/sfx films, and I seriously don't see how this isn't another Elektra.

You forgot to mention that

>Plot by Snyder and Johns' friend who has only done romcom soap operas like Sex and the City and Grey's Anatomy, whose run on the Wonder Woman comic was mediocre at best
>Script being entirely rewritten during production by Johns, Heinberg and Patty
>They are not sure about the tone of the movie, it was supposed to be dark and now it's "like Donner's Superman", but still has to be dark because of the whole "abandoning mankind" situation that Snyder put them in

Has Rucka explained why/how/who is behind Wonder Woman once again being retconned heavily?

They will also make one of the 1st season costume and the wetsuit

I'm happy that they finally did a top notch collectible of her. Those by DC Direct were meh.

Godwatch
Knowing his shit, it's probably Dr. Psycho under Veronica Cale's orders or something like that

Sigourney Weaver always had great ensemble casts and solid action/horror directors

Resident Evil and Underworld kept their budgets very modest.

Hunger Games followed a red hot book series and actually bothered to appeal to female fans with content.

Kill Bill had Tarantino's name a rep behind it.

Wonder Woman has none of these things. Plus Snyder has probably lent his "creative vision" to it. Remember Snyder's last female-driven action film? I'd rather not.

The whole WW1 setting is his idea (not coincidentally, one of the settings in Sucker Punch)
And you can just look at the trailers to see how the action scenes are mimicking 300

I expect Wonder Woman to have the sort of profit margins and reviews not seen since Ultraviolet, at the least.

Is Snyder planning to remake his failures til we like them in some horrible quest for redemption?

Yes
Affleck will bail out of directing The Batman and Snyder will take his place, making it an adaptation of Court of Owls

The idea for that is because they're playing safe and following the Lynda Carter's TV show plot.

But since Captain America already came out and did WWII, they went with WWI.

I said that because it's the truth.

It may have influence on the decision, but Snyder called the shots on that and he has a WWI fetish

Remember when MacLaren dropped out, and some reports said that it was because she disagreed about the setting (even though the claims were that Snyder wanted it to be set in the Crimeian war while MacLaren wanted it to be in WWI, but it was most likely the other way around, seeing as what ended up happening)

Besides, even though Patty and Allan Heinberg are fans of the show, I doubt Snyder cares at all about it
If they wanted to play safe about that, they would either do it in WWII or not do it a period piece at all.

>Besides, even though Patty and Allan Heinberg are fans of the show, I doubt Snyder cares at all about it
>If they wanted to play safe about that, they would either do it in WWII or not do it a period piece at all.

Other than the WWI thing they're absorbing a lot of things from the show, user. It's not just Wonder Woman being immortal and meeting Steve Trevor in a past world war.

Some things, but that doesn't affect the setting

They're just changing one war for another where the setting is concerned.

And that already makes it different enough from the TV show, SPECIALLY because of their intent of "showing the horrors of mankind so Diana stops being WW for 100 years"

>Is there any hope
user, the movie is the only hope.

*different enough to be "safe"

But otherwise I know for a fact that WB in general tended to have pitches for the WW movie that followed the show's steps

In the 2000s there was one that was in WW2, and another one that was actually Donna becoming Wonder Woman following Diana's retirement who was Wonder Woman in the 70s

Yes

The TV show is the only thing she's really known for. Well, other than the comics and the cartoons, but nobody read her comics and the cartoons rarely explore her background.

Hulk, before the movies, faced a similar problem. People only knew Hulk thanks to his old TV series. Heck, even the MCU movie borrowed heavily from the TV show.

if there was no hope whatsoever, you wouldn't be here, asking that question.

Seamless CGI

She looks just fine in the WW costume as referenced in that picture.

ok

Yeah I'm sure that's how it's gonna end up looking in the final cut dummy.

My mom still likes old Hulk better

I'm sure it won't, hence: seamless CGI

SWOLE