THE FUTURE OF FOX/MARVEL

- Bryan Singer is no longer the director, but will remain as a producer and creative consultant.

- Singer didn't want to direct X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, but Fox convinced him to do it. He originally viewed X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST as the "natural end" of the series.

- Fox doesn't consider X-MEN: APOCALYPSE a flop, but it definitely underperformed, and they're aware that the audience hasn't reacted positively to the new cast. This, coupled with Singer's departure and James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult reaching the end of their contracts, has led to Fox shelving plans for another direct sequel for the time being.

- McAvoy is already in final talks to sign a new contract to play Xavier, now that Patrick Stewart is retiring from the role.

- There's interest in bringing Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult back as well, but none of them are as enthusiastic as McAvoy, who genuinely enjoys the role. Besides, they have a wider timetable to renegotiate their contracts since Magneto, Mystique and Beast wouldn't be used again for the next three years at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodlife.com/2016/05/20/jennifer-lawrence-x-men-cast-pact-returning-more-sequels/
vimeo.com/192895230
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based McAvoy.

- LOGAN was been very well-received by test-audiences and is projected to be a box office hit.

- Ellen Page makes an uncredited appearance in the movie as an older Kitty Pryde.

- There's no Deadpool cameo as previously reported.

- Hugh Jackman decided to retire due to his health, as he no longer feel capable of maintaining the rigorous training regime to achieve his Wolverine physique, but Fox is trying to change his mind, and he's now leaning towards coming back at least one more time for a proposed WOLVERINE/DEADPOOL crossover, as he truly loves the characters and is good friends with Ryan Reynolds.

This is starting to sound like Sony before they made the Marvel deal...

- Tim Miller left DEADPOOL 2 due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds over tone and budget. Miller wanted the movie to be slightly darker and more serious, and wanted a budget increse to roughly $115 million. Reynolds preferred to maintain the irreverent tone and fairly low budget, which is projected to be of roughly $100 million.

- Cable and Domino will appear in the movie. Liam Neeson is Fox's top choice to play Cable, but an offer hasn't been made yet. Actresses are currently auditioning for Domino, with Sofia Boutella, Mackenzie Davis and Kelly Rohrbach as the frontrunners.

- Morena Baccarin, J.T. Miller and Leslie Uggams will return.

- T-Ray will be the main villain and lead a team of mutant mercenaries that includes Garrison Kane, Amelia Voght, Wyre, Sluggo and Slayback.

- The movie will be released on June 29, 2018

- Fox is moving forward with X-MEN: THE NEW MUTANTS, directed by Josh Boone. Depending on the audience's reaction, they might even replace the characters introduced in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE as the franchise's young leads.

- The movie set in the 1980's and features Mirage, Sunspot, Cannonball, Magik, Wolfsbane and Warlock battling Demon Bear. Professor Charles Xavier will appear.

- Casting is underway, with Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams and Nat Wolff in advanced talks for Magik, Wolfsbane and Sunspot.

- Tyler Posey and Noel Fisher have been approached by Boone for Sunspot and Warlock, but there are no negotiations yet.

- Boone is interested in Naomi Scott for Mirage, but there'll be an audition process in the coming months. Mirage is the lead character, and Fox wants an actress with true Native American descendency for the role.

- Warlock and Demon Bear will be CGI creations, created through motion-capture and prosthetics. Fox wants a notable actor to voice Demon Bear, such as Idris Elba, who was previously in talks for Apocalypse.

- The movie's budget is of roughly $125 million and the release date is March 2, 2017.

- GAMBIT is still in development and Channing Tatum is still attached to star and produce, but Lea Seydoux has dropped out due to production delays. The script is being revised to scale down the budget, which was projected to be of roughly $150 million. Fox is currently scouting directors, with Reuben Flescher and Chad Stahelski as early frontrunners. There are plans to release the movie on February 15, 2019.

- DEADPOOL 3 is already in early development, but David Leitch won't return to direct. Cable and Domino are expected to return and the movie will feature the X-Force being assembled ahead of a potential spin-off headlined by Cable.

- Fox really wants the WOLVERINE/DEADPOOL crossover to happen, if they are able to convince Hugh Jackman, but are still figuring out if they'd have a standalone movie or just feature Wolverine in DEADPOOL 3.

- More mainline X-MEN movies depend on the public's reception to NEW MUTANTS and how the negotiations with Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult go. If it doesn't pan out, Fox will simply add fan-favorite characters such as Quicksilver, Nightcrawler and Storm to the New Mutants in further sequels.

>Mackenzie Davis
Fuck me! My penis will explode!

- Fox is studying their options to revamp the Fantastic Four in the movies after Josh Trank's movie flopped. Whichever they decide to do, they'll skip the origin and jump straight into the Fantastic Four as an established institution. They're aiming for a high-concept, adventurous GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY-esque movie now.

- Fox has regretted letting go of Daredevil to keep Galactus and the Silver Surfer, given how they've enjoyed a resurgence in the genre in lower-budger, R-rated movies, many of them period pieces, just as Joe Carnahan had proposed his DAREDEVIL project to be in the early 2010's.

- Fox indeed planned for a X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR crossover with the versions created by Singer and Trank, but that idea has since been scrapped, and they've made the decision to keep the two properties separated when they reboot the Fantastic Four (again) in the near-future.

>no movie where quicksilver defeats the villain within the first 20 minutes and spends the rest of the movie relaxing and romancing a cute boy.
Come on Fox-men.

>they'll skip the origin and jump straight into the Fantastic Four as an established institution. They're aiming for a high-concept, adventurous GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY-esque movie now.
This already sounds better than every single other F4 film.

>Mirage is the lead character

>FOX realizing who best New Mutant is

honestly this makes me think all your news is fake

and Nat Wolff is white as fuck, he cannot be Bobby

I messed up. Wolff is up for Cannonball.

Lol this is all complete bullshit

>McAvoy is already in final talks to sign a new contract to play Xavier, now that Patrick Stewart is retiring from the role.
>There's interest in bringing Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult back as well, but none of them are as enthusiastic as McAvoy, who genuinely enjoys the role.

McAvoy, Lawrence and Fassbender had a group contract that they signed for First Class. If one renews all three have to.

Fuck off with your fake rumor attention whoring.

Tyler Posey and Noel Fisher are also both super white.

All of this sounds really uninteresting. Like, there is no coherent planning between any of this. It's like they're trying to squeeze out everything they can out of this franchise.

>We may actually get a New Mutants book

wew

>The movie set in the 1980's
Can they please just keep the films set in modern times? It makes later films so much easier to figure out.

>casting white as fuck actors for Sunspot
>cast a dot indian as Dani

fucking top kek

Wrong.

I'm not saying OP is right, but there is no such contract, that's an asinine business model, especially considering all of them were no-names when they did "First Class".

>Depending on the audience's reaction, they might even replace the characters introduced in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE as the franchise's young leads.
That would be mighty ironic.

All of them being no-names is the reason they have such an awful contract

Posey seems ethnic enough from the pics I've googled.

And Fisher would be mo-capping for Warlock anyway.

Just give the fucking F4 back to Disney. They are shit anyway

But that's an awful contract from the studio's standpoint. You can't honestly believe it exists.

Besides all three have discussed their prospective renewals multiple times and such a contract never even came up. The closest was J-Law saying she was done after APOCALYPSE and later changing their tune and saying she'd come back if McAvoy and Fassbender decide to come back as well.

Just going to ask here, what's the New Mutants reading order? There's a few annuals that I'm not sure of where they go.

>We may actually get a New Mutants book

Sam and Bobby are in the Avengers book and Magik is a big player in the Xmen books. If you put Dani in a book you got all your niggas back

>T-Ray

Are they going to do the whole "Real Wade Wilson" thing?

FOX always fucks them up because they are scared of actually reading a FF comic.

just give the rights back to Marvel

they're the only people who can ever make a good movie at this point

Just give me the onslaught saga set in the 90's and a fight between wolvie and omega red

PFFT HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

Yeah, I can't wait for them to add in a painfully unfunny comedian as a made-for-the-movie character who just rambles and eats up screen time for things I actually want to see.

>Ryan didn't want the darker tone
>Lliam as Cable
>T-Ray is in the billing

This in really concerning.

the only way a deadpool wolverine thing will work is if that wolverine is more comic accurate, has no ties to the fox cu wolverine, and doesn't have a major role.

I can't see this being good.

Nothing really ever progresses in the X universe does it? Seems like nearly every movie is the team forming or rebooting.
Just it go you greedy fucks! Last thing I want is FOX's half assed GotG spin on Fantastic Four. Didnt pan out for WB with Suicide Squad

t. Foxshills

Marvel Studios actually treat their characters with respect and actually know how to make a GOOD Superhero movie.

Fox literally butchered Cyclops and Apocalypse.

Fuck Fox. They are as bad as WB.

#FreeX-MenfromFox

>they're aware that the audience hasn't reacted

I mean if we're being honest here we barely even saw the new cast to establish any connection to them since a large chunk of their scenes were apparently taken out. I say this completely unironically: The movie would have benefited from keeping the mall scene in.

>Fassbender, Lawrence, and Hoult

Fuck Lawrence. Hoult would be welcome. Love Fassbender but he did(and for that matter said) next to nothing in Apocalypse. He was basically just there in the background and it's like they started running out of ideas for Magneto(which is a problem as he's the most prominent antagonist/unwilling ally at times)

Also Singer was right. DoFP's ending would have made sense as the franchise end for the main X movies.

I'm glad Logan is getting positive feedback though. The trailer looked good(although this often means nothing) and I'm pretty hyped. And having Kitty appear only reinforces my hype. If I had to take a guess she's probably the person whose grave we see Logan drinking at in the trailer.

do not forget Jennifer Lawrence is trying to get the fans to force fox to renew her contract with her new larger salary because no one is really hiring her anymore and she wants that guaranteed money

I hope not I hope they do what
joe kelly initially wanted for him, which was sort of a punishment "Wade needs to understand what he's done to so many" character.

The way they've aranged Deadpool though, he can't have the coconut speech.

Havimg just reread it, Morrison's New X-Men would make a great kumping of point for a new set of films, though God Loves Man Kills is pretty much perfect for an adaptation.

FOX can keep the mutants/X Men, the real issue here is the F4. And there are times where it feels like FOX employees are actually posting on here. There was a thread once that was "make a plot for F4 without reverting back" and the guy got super pissed when no one wanted it

and thats only because she realized she can get a better pay cut and gt guaranteed 3 films

>but Fox convinced him to do it.
>convinced
They just threw enough money at him and probably promised more twinks for his private collection.

After Apocalypse it's definitely time for a reboot if nothing else. There's just no coming back from the shit Magneto pulled

>Didnt pan out for WB with Suicide Squad
But it did. It made a lot of money.

>Released in August to go against fucking nothing
>Didnt make nearly the amount WB wanted despite the shit ton of advertising and Joker push
>A good portion of viewers call out their shitty attempt to do a GotG like movie
By "lot" you mean enough to keep the DCEU afloat for the time being

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

If Ewing was writing I'd cum buckets.

>Fox literally Rapes and Ruins Cyclops (aka Rightclops) Again and Again and Again
>don't even try to fix his character
>just throw him to the side
>replace him
>More Muh Wolverine
>More Muh Deadpool
I wish everyone at Fox would die a horrible death.

Right because SS did so fucking well didnt it?

just reboot the franchise already

and give ff back to marvel

>before August 5tg: look at these movies thats gonna make SS flop. No one likes Will Smith. No China no money
>After August 5th: well money doesnt mean its good. Those other movies were never any competition . Everyone loves Will Smith!!!

Never fucking change/ co/

>March 2, 2017.

That's 2 months away...

>has led to Fox shelving plans for another direct sequel for the time being.
>tfw no 90s movie feat. Onslaught

> Liam Neeson Cable

That sounds like an awful idea. Got your ideal Cable casting right here.

They should go full First Class with Fantastic Four and make it a period piece in the 1950s/1960s.

it's almost like he's full of shit

>Namefag: Spoiler
>Occupation: Resident autist, and white knight to WB/DCEU.
Well it was only a matter of time I suppose. I hope you're getting paid for this

>e. Depending on the audience's reaction, they might even replace the characters introduced in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE as the franchise's young leads.
kek
>no Doug/Cypher
K E K

>Fox wants a notable actor to voice Demon Bear, such as Idris Elba

Liam is too damn small to be Cable. Also not the right tone as a character. Cable is the larger than life Bombastic "Hero of Mutant Kind."

>Fox is studying their options to revamp the Fantastic Four
BOOOOOOOOO
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>McAvoy, Lawrence and Fassbender had a group contract that they signed for First Class. If one renews all three have to.

Stop spreading this rumor you dumb piece of shit. Good lord. It was dumb thing Lawrence said and isn't a legally binding contract

hollywoodlife.com/2016/05/20/jennifer-lawrence-x-men-cast-pact-returning-more-sequels/

We don't need utter horse spread around here. Knock it off.

Cypher is the gayest X-Man though.

How would it require him to have no ties to the other Fox movies? It's been explicitly said many times that Deadpool takes place in the same universe as the X-Men movies.

Can we take a moment to appreciate presuming any of it is true, just noticed OP didn't provided a source link that the New Mutants will actually be the next gen future-of-the-franchise they're supposed to be for once?
I really like that. S'Poetic.

If Lawrence's movies keep bombing, she may try to crawl back to X-Men.

Exactly. Which is why they passed on him.
The lol he's useless jokes actually paid off to the fullest.

She wants Mystique to appear in GotG and gorilla from nuGhostbusters wants to be in Deadpool 2.

Fantastic Four are camp as shit.

Fox tried to make it too serious in the recent one, and not camp enough in the 2000's ones.

Which is why the ashcan Corman movie is technically the best of the four because it's more camp than a place where Jason decapitates teenagers.

ignore that user. He's just mcu memeing.

>Fox will be millions of dollars on the New Mutants carrying the X-Men franchise.

They make some dumb mistakes in Apocalypse, but I don't think the company is THAT stupid.

>New Mutants movie coming out in two months

Wh-where's the trailer?

>Kitty Pryde makes a cameo

She never even hung out with Wolverine.

They had no dialogue with each other.

Most movie audiences don't know or remember who the fuck she is.

>Logan: Look, popcorn eaters! It's that chick who walks through walls! Remender her from that terrible third movie and her very very very very tiny cameos in X1&2? We have an emotional connection.

It's a bit late to bring this bridge up, Fox.

Yeah fuck Fox for giving people more of the things that are received well.

They tried to kill the Deadpool movie (the movie that made them 800mil and is their highest grossing X-Men film).

They ruined Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, and the Pheonix.

They shilled JLaw mystique as a main character and tried to make her ther Black Widow in Apocalypse (a movie she spent most of the movie not Blue).

They made Magneto the big villain for like eight movies and even pushed Apocalyse aside (IN HIS OWN MOVIE) for Magneto shitty family storyline.

They are THAT BAD and you should be worried. Unless it's a really really really really good director (and even then Fox and step in an ruin anything).

Fuck you, Fox Employer. Your studio is as cancerous as WB. Kill yourselves. Or give the X-Men Fantastic Four rights back to Marvel (and then kill yourselves). It would be the Morally right thing to do.

I can do this too OP

- Disney and Fox are finalizing a deal worth $1.5B to bring the X-men into the MCU starting with The New Mutants in September of 2017

It's 2018.

FF sucks tho? whatever has been done in it has been refined and done better elsewhere in comics.

No one cares about Cyclops besides the loud and obnoxious minority on the message boards.

Hush. This is a thread for X-Men fans.

>stop spreding rumors idiots!!!
>posts the stupidest rumor of them all

At this stage I just want Fox to ditch the pretense of continuity and make it an explicit multiverse so every flick can do what it wants.

Have the New Mutants go forward in their own 80s-centric timeline with maybea few core characters like Storm get added over time, have Deadpool stuff in a modern day universe that may or may not be after the 'good' end of DoFP, and let Logan and whatever else they do be standalone 'what if' scenarios.

Though I'd be fine with Gambit being put in the NM or DP universe, too.

>hating Based Rightclops
>implying TRUE X-Men fans hate Cyclops
Shouldn't you be busy molesting underage boys hmmmm, Singer?

*mic drop*

New Mutants is probably first time I am hyped for Fox's comic book movie since X2.

Here's allegedly leaked animatic: vimeo.com/192895230

I imagine Fox at the time was like:
>"Psh, Mahbel can have Daredevil, if we failed to make him awesome on screen, what can THEY do!"

What are your other favorite X-Men? Specifically the female ones?

inb4 >Emma and Magik

>Magik has become popular choice
T-thanks, Benis and Lemire!

I remember when she was patrician's taste such as myself.

>Wolverine x Deadpool
That would be nice.

>multiverse

exiles movies when

also isn't it already a multiverse? I thought it was said that F4 was connected but that they weren't the same universe. Not that it matters since it seems we all agree it should be thrown into a dumpster fire.

>cursory google image search
>no results

Assuming you are user I was talking to before, my apologies. You are 1 of a very few.

>they're aware that the audience hasn't reacted positively to the new cast.

Wrong end of the wrong stick. JLaw is the only one most people dont' like, and that's because she hates the fucking films because they aren't paying her as much as she thinks she's worth.

I don't see Lliam working as Cable either, but I don't think Deadpool needs a darker tone unless they're going to go full Good, Bad, Ugly on us, which seems like something that might be better suited for a third film, where Deadpool goes through hell and then comes out with a good end.

>Liam Neeson

Forget the Fantastic Four. They are but background characters for the greatest star of the marvel universe.

I would be interested to see Marvel do an Emperor Doom film or something as one of their post-Avengers team movies, assuming they get the F4 rights. Bring Tennant back as Purple Man somehow, maybe just in a flashback where Doom harvests his cells.

I have the solution. Marvel trades all rights - publishing, merch, etc, to Deadpool in exchange for the X/FF film rights back. Only drawback is no more DP in the Marvel universe. DP is self-contained, and I woudn't miss him. Also: could be an interesting final arc where he actually dies...

>>Magik has become popular choice
>T-thanks, Benis and Lemire!

It's all Gillen's fault anyway. Bendis wouldn't know who she is if Gillen hadn't stuffed her onto the Extinction team as the taxi

>make a plot for F4 without reverting back

Like, askng anons for ideas?.

Yes, and he's part of the FF rights. Same problem!

Maybe I could have bought in before Spider-Man Homecoming.