Americans will defend this

freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2016/09/14/mexico-ford-shiftng-us-car-production-mexico/90355146/

>Ford plans to eventually shift all North American small-car production from the U.S. to Mexico, CEO Mark Fields told investors Tuesday, even though the company's production investments in Mexico have become a lightning rod for controversy in the presidential election.

>"Over the next two to three years, we will have migrated all of our small-car production to Mexico and out of the United States," Fields said at a daylong investor conference in Dearborn.

Other urls found in this thread:

freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2016/09/14/mexico-ford-shiftng-us-car-production-mexico/90355146/
news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/04/fords-2016-ford-ranger-will-not-come-to-us.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You stole that pic from me in thread be4

U will payy

Reminder that Toyota is most American company

Actually no I didn't, uts been there since last year

i remember when this pic was not my reality

I blame consumers. Why don't they want to pay $43,000 for a Ford Fusion?

They're international actually. It's a necessity for them because of Japans trade policies.

>UAW workers demand high wages and gold-plated pensions
>company builds factory somewhere else and staffs it with cheaper labor

I see nothing wrong with this. Especially since you're a fool if you buy one of the lemons the Big Three make anyway

>America will defend this

No, Australia. I don't think that most Americans actually like when thousands of jobs disappear from our economy. We generally understand in some way or another that families can be destroyed by globalization.

Whats a good car to buy?

Because illegal immigrants drove their wages down.

Um no. People demand like 60$ an hour and pension and whatever.

Japanese, South Korean, or German. Toyota's been slipping since they moved more production to the US though. What a shock.

But if you want higher wages, you gotta pay the consequences

Mnimum wage has not increased by much relative to inflation since 1956, and peaked in 1999, and I partly blame the massive influx of illegal workers in the past few decades.

That has nothing to do with car production.

Here's a video and article.

I'm not really surprised. Although Trump claims he will pressure Ford into building its factories in the US or they will suffer a 20% tax, Ford seems to be holding firm in building factories in Mexico.

Its not a bad idea for Ford to do this. Its bad for the US workers, but not Ford. Paying the import tax will still end up cheaper than having to pay American wages and comply with American laws. Americans aren't the only people buying cars in the world either. Ford could very well change its strategy to focus on other markets.

I personally think Trump's tariffs won't intimidate companies like Ford from moving to Mexico. I think Trump's policies will result in another recession for the US. But I still plan on voting for him.

>tfw UAW gets their come-uppance

It's no small shock that most of Turd's best selling cars as of late are captive imports and "international" models.

Now when do we get rid of the ridiculous 25% chicken tax on imported light trucks? The American car industry is in its death throes already, there's no point pretending protectionism will save it.

Every Turd Connect that's sold in the US is made in Turkey as a Passenger vehicle, then imported to the US to be converted into a commercial vehicle. Think of the chilluns and the environment and shit when they just send all those countless carpets and passenger seats to the landfills.

news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/04/fords-2016-ford-ranger-will-not-come-to-us.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger

Ford has discontinued the Ranger in the US as of 2012, and doesn't plan on bringing the Ranger back the the US. Which is a shame, sine the Ranger was previously very popular in the US, there is demand for smaller sized pickups, and they are better for city driving than the F series is. Most of the small pickups I see on the road are older trucks that have been maintained to last a while.

Ford has been planning on focusing on the international market for some time now. If they were confident in the US market, they wouldn't have discontinued the Ranger in 2012.

I doubt that the Ford executives are worried about Trump. They can afford to pay the tariff fees in the US and spend their energy focusing on foreign markets. Trump's presidency will last only 4-8 years (If he's elected.) And the next president might repeal those import tariffs anyway. If I were a Ford executive, I'd build in Mexico and not be all too worried about Trump.

So will democrat run auto unions actually lobby for factories to be moved to Mexico to spite Trump?

Unions care about the union. So no, I doubt they will lobby for removing their own jobs just so they can spite Trump.

Unions are part of the reason why Ford would rather deal with the Mexican workers than American workers. If I were a Ford executive, I wouldn't want to deal with whining union members constantly threatening my factory and demanding more money and benefits.

I'd rather pay the 25% import tariff and shift market focus to other parts of the world. Ford will still probably end up gaining more money and shareholder value by moving to Mexico, where it will save a lot of money in legal and labor costs.

That tariff wouldn't last forever anyway, it will probably just be repealed with the next president after Trump. And Trump isn't guaranteed to impose the tariff either. A lot of Americans will be unhappy too with Trump's tariffs. And his tariffs have a large chance of backfiring.