And the media erupts with the Zootopia for Oscar hype. Can they hand out the award early so I resume my life?

And the media erupts with the Zootopia for Oscar hype. Can they hand out the award early so I resume my life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Movie was a 6/10

Zootopia had a really solid and satisfying story while Kubo and Moana weren't that good in comparison with their stories.

Kubo was still better in the storytelling than Moana tho

when you think about it, barely anything happened in Moana
Kubo at least had some twists and turns

Moana was booooooooooooooooooring

Ever since the category was invented the Oscar for Best Animated Film has almost always been given to a Disney or Pixar movie. The odds are very safe that Zootopia is going to win.

Kubo was more ambitious, but it was sloppily executed. It just needed one good pass of story editing to keep all the most interesting stuff from happening in the middle of the story.

Your name is going to win though.

I need more zootopia franchise

neither Kubo nor Moana stand a chance. Same for Zootopia. "Lesbian with autism swims around for 90 minutes" is gonna win.

>"Lesbian with autism swims around for 90 minutes"

?

oh, Dory

It's in the bag. We all knew this by April. :^)

history will repeat. i tell ya.

It most likely will happen with Kubo and the Two Stringsbe really pissed if Kubo gets snubbed

the Oscars always make sure to acknowledge American studios

if anything is gonna get snubbed, its gonna be some fucking chinese shit

tired of circlejerking in trash, yea?

shame, this franchise had potential.

>implying the Oscar isn't just gonna go to Finding Dory anyway

as if anyone in the acedemy watches these movies

remember the time Wreck-It Ralph lost to Brave? Fucking Brave probably one of the 5 worst movies Pixar ever made

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

This scene alone is Oscar worthy.

Watch this snipe the Best Animated Film.

>grrl power the movie

yeah, brown princess is gonna get it, cause her movie is more progressive. "look how cool brown people are!"

>Fucking Brave probably one of the 5 worst movies Pixar ever made

Cars, Cars 2, Good Dinosaur... A Bug's Life, Brave, yeah, that checks out. Maybe sixth depending on how much you hate Monsters U.

>People genuinely think Zootopia won't win despite not only being made by Disney but a movie about racism losing in today's political climate
2010's focus on identity politics have caused most first world countries to be in the brink of a race war.

It's pretty obvious it's gonna win.

but is it going to win against a movie about girl power and staring a brown person in today's climate?

nah, Moana might win in some technical or musical categories as it should

but best animated film, will either go to the pro Pixar bias and Finding Dory or Zootopia, which was the actual best animated film of the year, although Kubo isn't far behind

dude, it's about TALKING ANIMALS.

While Dory was, in my opinion, better than Finding Nemo, it didn't feel particularly fresh or interesting. Pixar is really overdoing it with the whole "Uh-oh, prepare for a sad ending... just kidding!" thing.

I know you think you are walking a sensible middle road between films winning due to actual quality and winning because of backdoor agendas, but both sides imply competence. The people who choose don't give a fuck, especially when it comes to children's stuff.

And Toy Story was about talking toys and it was nominated for Best Picture (though I'm 95% sure known of the judges actually saw it and just threw it to please fans)

hope lies within jury's kids.

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

Well we are supposed to be getting a comic and eventually a sequel. Just gotta be patient I guess

Oh shit I forgot that this qualified foreign works too

Is "Your Name" up for nomination? I haven't seen it yet but I hear that was fucking amazing

>sequel

its gonna happen
dont act like Disney's gonna let a cash cow pass them by

i dont see any proofs that they want to do anything more with this movie

For once there's some silver lining, out of all the major animated movies that came out Zootopia deserves it (obviously if it had a chance in hell I'd give it to Kubo, but considering the current industry climate I highly doubt it).

I will be fucking furious if Finding Dory takes it, the movie had absolutely nothing Oscar-worthy about it.

While there are no direct announcements of the sort it would be more surprising if the studio didn't do a sequel.
It was one of the most successful movies ever that wasn't a sequel and didn't have theatrical re-release.

Disney loves sequels again. StarWars, MarvelStudios, Monsters and Dory demonstrate this.

what the fuck!

Be honest, if the movie didn't have talking animals none of you would give a shit.

Kubo had great style but very by the numbers story.

Even with the death of Kubo's parents the Zootopia press conference and the bridge scene pack more of a punch.

if this movie didnt have talking animals it wouldnt even be coherent

I don't recall the same hype for Kung-fu Panda or the recent Sing. It may be a factor but it isn't the end all.

If the movie didn't have animals it wouldn't be fucking Zootopia. Half of the jokes wouldn't make sense and it wouldn't have the impressive fur rendering effects applied.

oh, you want to call us furfags, right?

guess what, even the creator of this movie is a fucking furfag, no need to shame us~!

that's because disney makes the lewd anthro while other people make the normal anthro.

merch first, there must be demand for more zootopia in any form, if it won't sell then there's no Z2

I'm usually into furry shit and I didn't like it, kubo was better but then again it's disney against literally no one.

I am pretty sure they are selling well enough considering they bare releasing new merchandise months after the movie was a surprise hit.

Who the hell still cares about the Oscars, especially the animation category?

Shrek, Rango, and Wallace and Grommit won at points.

Whoops, missed your almost.

Wreck-It Ralph is getting a sequel and it made less than half as much at the box office.

Maybe. I hope not but she's had a lot of her hollywood friends pushing for her to get best actress.

Frankly, Zootopia deserves it. None of the other animated films were quite up to par, and neither did they drop at exactly the right time while exploring exactly the right issues. Thought Moana might steal it's thunder because "diversity," but the movie was only okay.

The more Liberal/Democratic/Leftist a piece of media is? The more easily it wins the award. That's all you need to do.

If Disney made a movie about a woman becoming a trans-man? And beating men at intellectual and physical feats? Boom instant Oscar.

If they made a movie about women being oppressed in the West? Boom instant Oscar.

If they made a movie about women seeing how awful Western Men are in not liking Muslim Refugees and women defying men and proving that Muslims are A-OK? Boom instant Oscar.

All you need to win an Oscar is Women Are Saints and Western Men are Garbage. Boom, instant acclaim and recognition.

>musical categories
But all of Moana's songs were pretty forgettable and/or poorly constructed.

But the female was the real villain in the movie

The irony is that the Polynesians themselves weren't happy with Moana (because they didn't like Maui being portrayed as a bullying oaf apparently).

Honestly let's address the elephant in the room, does ANYONE actually give a shit about cultural Disney movies like Moana? If you're going to think outside the box, do it with interesting cultures. Who gives a fuck about backwater islanders? The reason Lilo and Stitch saved itself was because it wasn't about Hawaii, but about family a general concept....with aliens.

But to pretend that blatantly outdated and minuscule cultures are intriguing? Get out, the box office numbers don't lie. Moana is doing worse than Wreck It Ralph.

I think Zootopia's greatest strength in terms of Oscar material is, despite it having a pretty sane message in a day and age full of identity politics, anyone concerned with diversity can read whatever the hell they want into it to make themselves feel good.

Silly user, women are never villains. Only if they're ugly are they villains. If they're pretty they can kill people's pets for fun and molest kids and still be perfectly innocent. That's how the real world works anyway.

Thou shalt not ever villify pretty pussy. Meh most men are pathetic, no wonder the native women lust for foreign cock.

>sane message

The message in Zootopia is not sane. Multiculturalism flatly doesn't work. And once the USA goes bankrupt with political correction, trust me it's not cheap to uphold it in society's pillars like academia and media, the first thing to disappear is diversity programs and stuff of the sort will also begone from media. People don't want to hear about political correction while likely out of a job or even if they're employed hear about faulty ideologies that helped bankrupt a country.

Only the Japanese seem to know how to handle this issue. And even with their poor birthrates they don't run the fear of their country being taken over by multiculturalism and the minorities it brought in. That's not their problem, but it is the problem of the USA, Germany, France, etc.

>Get out, the box office numbers don't lie. Moana is doing worse than Wreck It Ralph.

It's done considerably better in six weeks than Wreck-It Ralph did in twenty-six in the United States and hasn't been released yet in a few markets that Disney films usually do well in.

By the time it's said and done, Moana will have at least earned roughly the same as Wreck-It Ralph worldwide but Disney will get a better return on the former since more of it was at the domestic box office.

Not possible. Plenty of Disney films for them to just check the box without viewing anything else.

>The irony is that the Polynesians themselves weren't happy with Moana (because they didn't like Maui being portrayed as a bullying oaf apparently).

Many iterations of him and there is always some minority that will bitch about that stuff.

Congrats on totally missing the point of the movie, user. And for also proving my point.

Whoa, what's with all the deletion?

Judging by the responses, it was probably Sup Forums bait

Might as well delete my posts, I was engaging in the conversation too.

Come guys, let's stop caring about the Oscars. If I can do it, you can do it!

Will they give an honorary mention to Trump?

Didn't Shrek win the first animated Oscar?