Why not just end social security?

It's all just a ponzi scheme, and the only ones who'd get shafted by ending it are those that had the chance to end it already and didn't take it. Why keep propping up one of F.D.R.'s shittiest (and that's really saying something) policies?

The Boomers want to keep social security around only until they die.

The problem with repealing social security is that it drastically changes the vision that people will have of their retirement. The current view is that the government will take care of people in their old age. The classic view was that the children will take care of the elderly. And life expectancy was much lower in FDR's year.

Life expectancy past childhood was close to what life expectancy is now, FDR knew damn well the whole thing was a scam and would eat itself eventually.

The main problem is that there isn't a healthy idea of when to start palliative care in developed societies.

Every nation regardless of culture or religion will slow its population growth as the quality of life improves. Strange if you ask me but it's a fact of life. I guess being poor makes you stupid.

This is why programs like SS cannot and will not ever work for more than a century.

This is partially why boomers across the world are trying to flood nations with shitkins. Pure and simple greed.

people built their lives assuming they'll always have free money form the government, so we have the childless, degenerate west.

I mean, hell, that's what I'm banking on (I take the long view). There's no way it's going to last long enough for me (or anyone here) to retire, it would just minimize the damage if it stops now.

>when you realize part of the reason illegal Mexicans were brought in was to keep ss propped up

Thanks boomers

because they forced me to pay when i didn't want to,they forced me to buy insurance for decades.
now it's time to pay me back so pay up faggots!

I think it's known that 3rd world migrants will not be productive nor contribute to anyone's retirement payouts. but if people can be sold the idea of using migrants to "backfill" for the fewer native births, then the scam can continue for just a couple of more generations.

Oh for fuck's sake, I hadn't even thought of that

WTF I hate old people now. I guess I'm a #retardedmillennialthatthinksoldpeopleareracistandsetintheirwaysandshouldjustdiebecausetheyhavedifferentopinianstomyself

The very idea of retirement is very deviant from how humans lived through most of its existence.

Old people in the past usually lived fairly healthy lives and then died suddenly in accidents, war, or because of disease. Now, people live very unhealthy lives are wither away, trying to prolong death for as long as possible. Spending their last years suffering and costing a lot of money, energy, and time in medical costs.

I wouldn't mind legalizing old age suicide as a retirement plan. It sounds bad, but its I think its still more humane to both the patient, society and family than prolonging death for as long as possible.

Who needs to legalize suicide? Guns are still legal here.
Me? I plan to spend my last years playing vidya, shot so full of painkillers that I can't feel my ass in my chair, and that's assuming that we don't get replacement organs figured out by then.
I just figure that death is the least "healthy" thing possible, and if I want to blow all my savings prolonging my life, that's nobody's business but my own.

>Old people in the past usually lived fairly healthy lives and then died suddenly in accidents, war, or because of disease.

If you're talking about hunter gatherer past, sure. Getting to a hundred was no biggie unless accidentell, war or diseases got you.
We're not hunter gatherer, we're post industrialists numbering in our billions. But even in our early farmer state, old people were a burdon because age sapped their vitality

Because literally no politician advocating for the repeal of social security would have the slightest chance of getting elected, it'd be career suicide on par with yelling GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW on live television. Boomers are still politically relevant, like it or not, and when they die off they'll be replaced by another generation of people that want free shit even if it means crashing society even harder.

>Me? I plan to spend my last years playing vidya
Just kill yourself now

you haven't paid shit beaner

The number one problem is that people paid into it, and the government can't afford to give them their money back. Otherwise, as 54 year old male, I'd say get rid of it. But give me my money back.
But they can't, because SS just like the FDIC, is a cookie jar full of IOUs.

Then he would have indeed spent his last years playing vidya :^)

Bitch all you want like Bayn Fland and fucken steal it later anyways

Daaa
>and that's saying something
>term limits exist because of him

So what if Trump came out in December saying that 17 and under would not pay into ss, and that's where it ends?

I think that would be the best, because you can't give back the money that everyone else has paid in, but it has to end somewhere.

>So what if Trump came out in December saying that 17 and under would not pay into ss, and that's where it ends?

That's so far from everything his campaign has been about, he's more likely to repeal the NFA and legalize weed than do that. And it's political suicide. There's already no money in social security and Medicaid, not paying into the system anymore AND a cash payout for people that are paying into it would bankrupt it even more.
Most people retiring in the next few years won't see social security payouts if congress passes a sensible budget, they won't, but the money is almost gone as it is. Saying the new work force won't pay anymore would see a million wheelchair wheel fest on DC. Even the most fiscally conservative congressman don't touch social security, Medicare, and Medicaid, it's political suicide.