Who would win?

Who would win?

Other urls found in this thread:

actuabd.com/Albert-Uderzo-Je-n-ai-rien-contre-les-mangas
exhentai.org/g/780093/f49a29a006/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Asterix got this, nigga got a sword.

Plus, he is the shrewdest warrior, and has the blessing of Toutatis.

spinach is easier to come by than potions of strength

If they both have their magical strength item....

Asterix would have the advantage. He's way, way smarter. He wouldn't turn this on a contest of strength, plus the potion makes him invulnerable anyway.

It wouldn't come to a fight.
Asterix would just troll the fuck out of him.

I don't know anything about Asterix, but has he ever fought his own animator and won?

didn't Popeye once will himself back into existence after being erased by an animator or something?

He's fought the entire genre of manga...

Popeye wins hands down.

>Asterix would just troll the fuck out of him
That doesn't work well after Popeye gets tired of his shit.

Every board needs to implement the Flag system that Sup Forums and Sup Forums has because I refuse to believe this many americans know about the Asterix comics

Why they are almost as popular as Tintin here from what I've seen which most people who read comics outside of capeshit seem to love.
Or I could just be lucky and know several others who at least have heard of Asterix's comics.

They would have a fine dandy kefuffle and then decide to team up.

What makes you think he's any smarter than Popeye. They both seem to be really creative fighters.

Listen, kiddo, I'm from Russia, and all my friends love Asterix. They know him from cartoons, not comics though.

>Flag system
You want the shitposting to increase?

Canada here, and i love the shit outta asterix and the goths.

characterization
Asterix has always been 'the cunning one' not just his role in the A&O duo but in the whole village.
and traits get exaggerated in crossovers

>americans
I'm Australian and Asterix & Obelix comics were a huge part of my childhood.

USA here, my family from overseas introduced me to Asterix, god bless them.

Asterix, he's actually a barbarian warrior from Antiquity with a sword, used to daily battles, and not just a sailor who occasionally likes to brawl

My money is on Popeye. Once he decides to fight there's no talking him out of it and he's tough as nails.

It's been forever since I've atched/read Asterisk, is he physically strong at all? Because Popeye knocks out elephants and stuff.

Asterix has global appeal and recognition, like Tintin.

Popeye took about twelve gunshots at point blank range, without his meme veggie. Still managed to clobber his assaliant and survived.

The sword is useless.

>plus the potion makes him invulnerable
It literally doesn't, that's stated in several comics.
It's a strengh and endurance boost.

Popeye has the ability to bend reality by punching it, asterix is pretty screwed anyway you look at it

This begs the question: How tough is Bluto that he can keep tanking Popeye like this?

With the potion he can defeat thousands of men without even trying, even if they all swarm him at once. The only real downsides are that it doesn't last very long.

Obelix ate the Beast.

How Popeye would have handled the situation?

Leave building
Punch Bluto to turn him into the required form

we don't talk about that one around here

Пиздoc

According to the twelve tasks. Asterix can race people on magic potion naturally, and Gladiator shows that he's strong enough to knock somebody out the Circus Maximum naturally.

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums
>I refuse to believe
>>>/tumblr/

It ain't useless; he's just never needed it yet.

Assuming Popeye and Asterix are both similar in strength when hopped up Asterix's sword could be the decider.

Plus he's an Iron-Age Gaulish warrior with a headcount at least in the hundreds, wheras Popeye is a brawling Sailor who did a stint in the navy.

On the face of it though, I'm more inclined to think that they wouldn't fight at all.

I really want to read a Popeye/Asterix crossover now.

crossover you said?

I think Popeye takes it. Asterix has more experience overall, but a lot of that is beating back hoards of mooks. I don't think he's battled strongmen one on one as much as Popeye. Also I think Popeye's feats of strength outpace Asterix's by significant margins. It comes down to whether Asterix can trick Popeye into defeating himself.

What about Obelix? And he's had a drop of the magic potion?

Literally unstoppable until the potion wears off.

>he's had a drop of the magic potion?
that turns him back into a baby

wrong
he get tired with the stairs in the mansion that sent you mad

Keep punching and threatening people until somebody with a self-preservation instinct tells you where the damn form is.

An extra drop will give him a significant boost, its when he takes more than that when it becomes dangerous.
He doesn't turn into a baby, it turns him into stone. He got turned into a baby by Getafix' potion that turned him into flesh and blood again because Getafix screwed up somehow since this was the first time he tried curing this.

I wish I was more fluent in french. All I understood was Micky saying "What a beautiful country! 400 kinds of cheese!"

This duck's not for pressing.

>I really want to read a Popeye/Asterix crossover now.
We did technically get a sort of Asterix/Superman/Mazinger Z crossover. The less we say about it the better.

Hahaha what? Post that shit

Asterix an the falling sky
the episode of the beast

Popeye the sailorman.

Uderzo really hated Manga and did an entire Manga just to mock it.

True, but it makes you resistant to blunt force trauma. Asterix's unvulnerability probably works like Wonder Woman's

I am Croatian and Asterix is a cornerstone of comics here the way Alan Ford and Zagor are.

He picked up a hentai mag by mistake and got triggered.

Who reads tintin though?

Yeah, poster id's would be better anyways. Kills samefagging and people pretending to be each other.

...why would there be a winner? Wouldn't they get into a brawl just for the sake of fun? Big smoke cloud for a couple panels. Next panel is Popeye and Asterix happily sharing a drink looking roughed up. Maybe it starts with a debate over sailing techniques?

Script wise...I think I imagine Bluto and Popeye sailing together and arguing themselves lost. Winding up on Gaul. Where Bluto winds up helping the Romans and popeye the gauls. Classic crossover hero teamup vs villian team up. Though I'm not totally sure how Bluto would get along with the romans.

Actually could change the script and have Bluto get arrested by the romans. So Popeye has to rescue him with the aid of the Gauls. That'd be crossover weird.

Seriously? What does Hentai have to do with Giant Robots though?

Peoples with good tastes.

I think Asterix with potion could stand up to Popeye with spinach, his intelligence and experience giving him the edge to do so.
But in a pitched battle to the death Popeye would win the moment he pulled out the reality warping.

But really is what would actually happen in a crossover.

He painted all anime/manga with the same brush.

This was on the book's wiki entry for years:

>Uderzo has admitted: "I don't know manga well. I bought some in a Neuilly library. And I was baffled when I discovered, amongst the comics piles, one about sex education. Mentioning everything about it! And yet, in Neuilly, it is not something to kid with. It makes a kid lose his virginity!" It was obvious to some fans that he fell on Futari Ecchi, a manga that is forbidden for those under 15 in France.

I'm not French so I can't find the actual interview, but it seems plausible.

A Mexican chick

But seriously, it's great, everyone should read it.

I fucking hate candians

According to this interview here, Uderzo claimed he did it because he was butthurt when some reporter said that Manga were the future and Francobelgian comics were doomed.
>actuabd.com/Albert-Uderzo-Je-n-ai-rien-contre-les-mangas

US here, the local library has Asterix and Tintin but if not for me being a hardcore comic guy and my Dad being from overseas I might not have ever picked them up.

Not with potion.
When he gets a drop he destroys buildings at will.

What's the Popeye cartoon where the animator erases Popeye?

>Popeye
exhentai.org/g/780093/f49a29a006/

Now I'm more interested in Obelix vs Popeye

Popeye has superhuman abilities even without spinach, and with Spinach he can blow up planets and stars. If it came down to brute force, he'd win.

But if it was a contest of smarts, Asterix would have an edge.

If Asterix has Obelix with him I don't think Popeye has any chance, they really complement the abilities of each other.

If Asterix is solo, then Popeye propably wins.

Then again, they inhabit somewhat different mediums. Popeye is known for short animated films (I know he has comics as well) with creative animation focusing on absurd, surreal fights. Adterix has somewhat more complicated, longer and tad more serious plots, and focus less on fights themselves.

RIP Gotlib

He would propably walk out, go next to a the building wall and grab it from bottom, lift it and shake it until all the forms, furniture and bureocrats would be shaken to the street.

Then it would be only matter of an easy search for the form.

You are missing out man.

>easy search for the form.

Amalgamation, he read an hentai manga once and he didn't like it so all manga were shit for him.
Also during the end of the 1980's and early 1990's when anime became big in France they were seen as violent and had a bad reputation but that was because people had the animated=for children mentality so TV channel difused Fist of the north star just after Candy Candy the morning.

Manga is better now than any currently running French comic tho

>punched a lion into a leopard skin coat
>not even a lion skin coat, but a leopard skin coat

gets me every time.

Yeah, I remember someone mentioning that Fist of the North Star was so violent, that the French voice actors refused to read their script, and ad libbed a lot of hilarious bullshit instead to tone down the violence.

I don't think I've read this one, can somebody please storytime it if possible?

It's not a real volume.

Wish it was, though.

Yes, the french dubs of fist of the north star and some other like city hunter is hilarious because of that.

Well he wouldn't have to waltz around the different rooms or speak to self-absorbed busybodies who "work" there. The challenge isn't about finding the form, it's about bureocrasy.

Oh that sucks, that's actually a premise that Hergé could have done

>That cliffhanger in Tintin and the red room where he enters the black lodge to confront Agent Cooper

That feel when Hergé actually wanted to do more surreal stories.

This is kind of funny since we know that an alien race very similar in intentions to the Great Race exists in Tintin canon (Flight 714)

I'd buy all of these if they were real.

He was starting to get more experimental in his work near the end, but it never came to fruition since he died while still working on TinTin.

In the 60's he actually had a story planned about an experimental atomic pill which is invented to help people survive a nuclear war. Tintin is in a minor car accident and the only injured person slips something in his pocket. A few days later everyone involved in the accident has had their homes robbed by mysterious figures. It turns out the man gave Tintin the formula to the atomic pills and now various foreign agents are after him.

Herge never decided what the pills actually did: they might have made a person immune to radiation, turned them into a monster, or they might have been intended as a trap which killed whoever took them. Another draft of the story changes it from pills to a new type of powerful bomb.

But he ended up abandoning the storyline, in part because it was too dark for his younger readers.