It's a "character falls in love with a new character who gets completely derailed in the last five minutes of the...

>it's a "character falls in love with a new character who gets completely derailed in the last five minutes of the episode" episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nJ76nuzDWCk
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EverythingIsAnInstrument
youtube.com/watch?v=FerlXGBwJOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any examples?

Danny Phantom
Grim Advenutures
6Teen

>it's a "boys vs girls episode"
>they act like complete assholes to each other for that one episode.
>every other episode they get along just fine.

Would it be so much to ask for a "boys ally with girls to fight some special snowflake gender" episode?

>Lazily write a plot where the conflict is something new upsets the status quo
>Can't be arsed to create a solution that organically unfolds over the plot
>Just reveal the entire conflict to be bullshit undone in the last second of the show
Fucking Simpsons.

Family Guy's done it twice now. There was the one where Brian married a 50 year old woman who seems normal, but the moment they move in together, she starts using outdated slang and breaks her hip.

Then there's the one where Quagmire moves in with this girl in South Korea, and in the literal last three or so minutes, she goes, "Oh, by the way, all my extended family will be living with us and three of my brothers have frequent night terrors".

thats implying that special snowflake genders are a concept that normies outside of art schools watching the show would understand or have heard about
and that people from art schools weren't the ones working on the cartoon in question

>main character has a new girlfriend
>all of his friends realize she's a terrible person
>"y-you're just jealous of us!"

>It's a "school shooting" episode.
>The shooter is always some nerdy kid who gets bullied
>never a bully on a power trip or a bully from a broken home.

Come on now.

Or
>Character set up as romantic interest in one episode
>Fine for that episode or series of episodes
>Suddenly introduce massive flaw to derail them and get rid of them

Not Sup Forums, but 30 Rock did this all the time to justify Liz being single and "Trying to have it all." It kind of annoyed me because it'd often be without any foreshadowing and the flaws would be huge.

That doesn't ruin the show or anything, but it irks me just the same.

Arrested Development had the decency to foreshadow it in advance and incorporate that as part of the joke MR F.

King of the Hill had a couple episodes like this involving Bill. There was an episode where he dated Kahn's mom, one where he dated the Governor of Texas, and one where he dated the local pastor, and none of them lasted beyond that episode.

That's fair but still is it so much to ask for that awful trope to die? I mean they get along then one thing happens to make them flip their shit

Even worse: "Girls hate boys for no reason" the series.

>It's a "school shooting" episode.
... in a cartoon?

Static Shock did it, though I'm unsure what else.

>it's a "boys vs girls episode"
>girls beat boys in a brains over bronze way

>main character has a new girlfriend
>friends shit on her for reasons that are stupid like "she's tearing apart the group balance!"
>ends up being terrible but not for the reasons the friends thought (like being a literal monster)
>"you guys were right!"

>bronze

>bronze

Usually there's an easy analogue. Bullied kid gets superpowers and has to be talked down from using them to kill the bullies that tormented them. Still places way too much blame on the victims that all of them would wind up vengeful killers rather than trying to help others with their powers. Plus we know if a bully had actual power they'd use it because who gives a damn about anyone else.

That's a valid criticism. Painting all nerds as secret hateful balls of rage is kind of insulting.

Ahem
youtube.com/watch?v=nJ76nuzDWCk

to be fair a lot of them are, I mean have you seen this website?

you mean Steven Universe?

>"Just follow my lead"
>Everyone on the band somehow improvise the exact same song lyrics includedand perfectly orchestrated

>it's a "character falls in love with a new character but it actually works out and they're still together in the end" episode

Hey they just followed his lead.

Describes this episode perfectly.

I have a worse musical trope in mind.
>the band is feeling down
>they don't have access to their instruments
>one of them starts tapping
>then slowly they all start doing something that sounds slightly musical
>everyone around them starts dancing and singing shit.

Truly the worst trope.

Forgot to post pic

that's real life, dawg
>"She's a hooker, man, she's gonna steal all your shit and bolt"
>"NO ME AND HER WILL BE TOGETHER FOREVER WHY DO YOU HATE HER SO MUCH SHE'S NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO YOU"
>5 days later
>"A BLOO BLOO BLOO WHY DID SHE LEAVE ME I LOVED HER SO MUCH AND WHY DID SHE HAVE TO TAKE MY NEW CAR AND MY TV WITH HER"

>Idiotic character
>Is an engineering genius

Has never happened in any form of media

This was retarded pandering. CC Futurama was a mistake.

Zoidberg deserved that win, poor guy kept getting shat on his whole life.

>episode title is taken/based on dad-rock song

>tie up a plot thread with an emotional moment where the outcome is inferred but not stated
>fans constantly ask what happened because they want their headcanon of it happening differently than the implication or hoping for a twist
>series has to then point it out again explicitly later in a clumsy fashion or joke about the confusion ruining the previously emotional moment

what

YOU FUCKER
Well played

The writers had originally intended for Bill to stay with Khan's mom but decided he wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if he were happily married.

The governor one was actually pretty great and played a role in Bill's character development for a while at least.

The pastor one was pure shit though, later KotH at it's worst.

Uh yes it is.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EverythingIsAnInstrument

Giving a character a break is pandering?

Jet

I think he means ATLA -- Jet's not!death

who

>it's to male friends conflicting over new girl
>they're acting like total assholes during the whole episode
>she decides to choose no one
>they apologizing for each other and became friends again

>"let's never fight over girls again"
>immediately a new girl walks by
>"I saw her first!"
>episode ends

>it's a body swap episode
>none of them even consider looking at their own junk

immersion ruined.

It has happened in cartoons too fuckwit.

Will they ever learn?!?!

Also
>character finds new girlfriend
>friends are bitching about her and doesn't trust her
>she sacrificed herself during some boss fight/disaster
>everyone feel sorry for a character
>he says it's not a big deal, but kept some reminder and watched when no one around

CAUSE I'M SAVED BY THE BELL

>body swap episode between guy and girl
>guy in girl's body continues to flirt with or date her boyfriend despite weirdness to keep up appearances
>still convinces himself it's not weird that he's being forward with another guy

Still don't get why people think that stuff is straight but think becoming another dude and macking on his girl is gay.

Meh, it may be cancerous but it's still a good resource for referencing certain tropes and where they appear.

Speak english

Hurrr Durrrr Puffy Vagina

>characters are suspicious about girlfriend but won't talk to her
>inevitable fallout occurs
>one friend actually confronts her and has it out with her on her shitiness

I loved when this happened between Raven and Terra in Teen Titans. Was probably the best fight in the series because of how pissed Raven was despite usually staying out of the way.

>dad-rock
>hating good music because your father liked it

He's not contesting that, he's telling you to go back to tvtropes.

That's not even why they weren't together in the end, Morty thought that didn't sound bad at all.

I can't. This language is too barbaric.
>pretty girl team-mate always trying to get closer to some dark, mysterious guy
>he goes full tsundere and talking about duty, mission and holy crusade.
>still can't hold his defence
God, I love this so much.

Not that guy but they always pick the same ones that everyone know about instead of picking some more obscure titles

It's not gay if he's in a girls body, technically speaking.

>It's a "boy has to cross dress to spy/get something back from the girls" episode
>Doesn't get caught out
>Gets treated better by the girls.
>Still gets the info/object and goes back to the boys
>reveals himself later to the girls, they are mad despite having a good time.
>the boys continue giving him shit for it despite them forcing him to do it.
>doesn't join the girls all the time because they are better friends.

Fucking why?

>male character sees character that is VERY obviously just their friend in drag
>"Oh my god.....You are the sexiest woman I have ever seen in my life!"

It was the first link I found give me a break.

Are we posting "tropes that arouse you" now?

>despise Dadrock
>but love Jojos

>character gets kidnapped
>hands tied in front
>gagged with a cloth without any kind of stuffing
Maybe they're just into bondage (?)

>character sees villain that looks almost exactly like them
>"Who are you, you evil yet gorgeous stranger?!"
or
>"HEY UGLY"

No, if that was the case I would've said girls pampering a willing boy into beautiful formal wear.

Clear difference.

Meh.

My fetishes are not that retardedly specific. If there's a cute boy in a dress I'll hit.

>tfw I'll never be pampered like princess at a slumber party.

Oh well...

That's possible if they have studied well the genre of music they are supposed to play.

It'd be so much funnier if they all played different songs at once.

>episode guest stars country music singer
>everyone suddenly likes country music

I always got the feeling that Rick just didn't think Morty should get his sloppy seconds...now if it were Jerry in the exact same position he would let things run their course.

Well, you just have shit taste all around.

Why hasn't anyone done this already?

maybe, but that wouldn't advance/conclude the plot.

R O B B I E R O T T E N ? !

>it's a "everyone loves whatever C-list celebrity they managed to get to appear" episode

>they all play different songs
>the songs mashed up sounds like the song they where meant to play anyway

Now that would be a funny trope.

and how would you be able to tell between what you propose and what complains about, exactly?

I always liked when they do that in Home Movies

>friend ends up raping crossdresser friend
>"i always knew it was you"
Every fucking time!

this thread goes to show, that in shows with little or even outright negative continuity, they really shouldn't ever do any plots that even attempt to look like they'll change the staus quo, cause we all know at this point that more often than not nothing will end up happening, and any changes will be undone in the laziest fashion that often retroactively ruins the rest of the episode(Animated "Adult" Sitcoms are especially bad about this)

Each person would play their song by themselves at first, the music director would get mad then they'd all play at once catching the director off guard.

You'd think the bulge would be a dead giveaway.

Maybe you just don't notice the more obscure songs being referenced?

youtube.com/watch?v=FerlXGBwJOU

That seems needlessly complicated for a 5 second gag. And, realistically, it would actually required more pre-planning and coordination.

I never said i knew about every single old rock song

>Recognizing that bulge

Didn't they eventually have Bill get back together with Lenore? Like for real?

>instead of picking some more obscure titles

Don't you have a Neutral Milk Hotel album cover to jack off to, Sup Forums?

When he was dating governor Ann Richards, Lenore tried to be the "other woman", but when he broke it off with Ann to be with Lenore again, she decided she didn't want anything to do with him anymore

Is pushing "Robbie Rotten" as the new lazytown meme instead of Stephanie a liberal agenda?

>it's a "MC (+optional secondary characters) join a sports team" episode
>baseball: MC's team gets blown the fuck out in the first half of the game, but recovers in the second half because [plot reason] and it's up to the MC themselves to get a home run to win
>basketball: same deal as in baseball, but the MC needs to get a slam dunk to win in under ~5 seconds to win
>football: incorrectly depicted as fast paced and exciting, writers may or may not even know how the game is even played
>golf: obligatory t;dw cuts of the balls getting putted in until the 18th hole

~For British eyes only! ~
What did you think of season 4 btw?

>idiotic character
>is a genius
Even more infuriating meeting them in real life

>it's a "dumb kid becomes a super genius" episode.
>They become autistic assholes stating every little tiny fact about something.