Bimbos Initiation

A 1931 animated Fleischer Studios short that features forgotten character "Bimbo", in which he is trapped by Mickey Mouse and initiated into an occult secret society that mirrors masonic initiation rituals

youtube.com/watch?v=gua71Ia7rAU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcSp2ej2S00
youtube.com/watch?v=FxnO8SXQmpo
vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/bimbos-initiation-an-old-cartoon-about-masonic-initiation-video/
youtu.be/wlLHZruDCAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That animation seemed a little to fluid to be from 1931.

Fluid was kind of the Fleischers' thing, back then.

I really thought this was gonna be some kind of creepy pasta video from that description, but it pretty much hits the nail on the head. What the fuck is this cartoon.

>Cartoonist does something in the mix between of bizarre and silly with the intention of being funny
>Normies dump three tons of videos making theories and sayng that the creator was on drugs

The Fleischer superman shorts were never that fluid and clean. Unless I'm thinking of a different studio. Also those colors have held up pretty damn good for 80+ years. I don't think even a remasterd steam boat Willey looks that good.

You've never heard of Fleischer Studios? The guys who made the OG Superman cartoon? And Betty Boop? Popeye?

Some of McKay's stuff is fluid as fuck and it goes back twenty years earlier.
youtube.com/watch?v=kcSp2ej2S00
Skip to 8:10

I already saw it but in bad quality.
Thanks, user.

That's bullshit, thats clearly the purgatory, they are trying to show subliminal messages to our children

Wanna be a member~ wanna be a member~

Oh no, I'm familiar with it. I was specifically saying "What the fuck is this cartoon that I just watched."

I know they were always very strange in their work, but this one in particular felt just so offbase to me. I just kinda sat looking like pic related the whole time I watched it. It's not even THAT weird thinking on it, but it just comes off as stranger than their usual stuff to me. Or maybe it's just been too long since I saw a Fleischer cartoon.

>sayng that the creator was on drugs
Nonsense. This as clearly the result of occult demonic influence.

hm... I only knew it from someone editing it into a Modest Mouse AMV for Sugar Boats.
youtube.com/watch?v=FxnO8SXQmpo

Nnnooo!

vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/bimbos-initiation-an-old-cartoon-about-masonic-initiation-video/

People forgot how to animate things well when TV was invented, user. They call it the golden age of animation for a reason.

It's not so much that they forgot, but they were only ever funded for shoestrings, used shoestrings, for TV animation.

Which is why Flash is a thing. A terrible, terrible thing.

Give me a huuug man.

Did he die after doing that like Kubrick?

Bullshit, this is not an actual toon from the 30's user. This is some kind of student work.

pre-80's era cartoons were twitchy as fuck and never looked as smooth as this.

No more hugs Will

Moral: join cults, and you will be fucked by many beautiful women at once.

God damn how does it feel to be so willingly stupid?

Bitches love cults.

Absolves them of responsibility for their life AND gives them a strong sense of community and belonging.

>person is funny and/or creative
>DUDE WHAT DRUGS DID YOU TAKE LOL
every time

I always wanted to join the freemasons. There was a lodge in the town where I used to live and I always considered writing them an E-Mail asking if I might visit it but I never got around to it.

But then they're probably not as exciting as I imagine.

That table perspective triggers me something fierce.

Joining a secret society sounds like a hoot, but I'm an Atheist, and I wouldn't be able to go along with their quasi-deistic thing. If the Illuminati was actually what it used originally was, that might be fun, but most groups calling themselves that now seem to just be using the meme version of the Illuminati, with eye-and-pyramid symbol crap and stuff they learned from Dan Brown novels.

How is this anything like a mason ritual?

back_in_my_day_the_word_bait_actually_meant_something.png

Damn

>I'm a mason who takes my ass slapping WASP social club too seriously

Hey, someone's got to keep the metric system down.

You fuckers have been slacking on the Steve Guttenburg front though.

Look at these foreshadows

I wish Bimbo had starred in more cartoons, he was great

What is this cancer?

An essay explaining the episode for those, like myself, who didn't want to watch a video.
Some of us prefer to read, I know, shocking. If you ever want me no not pay attention to something and just close the window instantly claim a fucking youtube video is an "article". Fuck that. Reading is more efficient way to get information than listening to some faggot on youtube blither on for an unreasonable amount of time for extra internet bucks from his retarded ads targeted at queers.

>tfw this is your upload
Hi, Sup Forums. It's nice to see you.

I think he was referring to the site itself, which seems a bit... tinfoil hatty.

You're full of shit fella.

i.e animation student

>I'd rather read someone's take on a piece of art than see it myself

Not exactly. I prefer to skim an article rathar then sit through something that would take longer. This isn't the best example because it's the actual video in question but I do hate vlogs in disguise as real articles.

Hays Office killed him off, not because of the shipping with Betty but because Bimbo = Stupid Blond Woman and what went through the Hays Office can't have everyone in the picture say Bimbo all the time.

what the fuck

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog's animators and writers loved old cartoons

They also love Rod Scribner as well.

not "fire boss"

When you watch AoStH with the mind that many of the creators would go on to work on 'The Twisted Tails of Felix the Cat' then you suddenly gain a new appreciation for it.

For 5 episodes that was not the case as those episodes were done by a different team all together.

>Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog's animators and writers loved old cartoons

Thats kind of fitting. The entire concept of Sonic the Hedgehog's design was obviously inspired by Fleicher cartoons in the first place.

I saw someone on tumblr say they had tried to draw Sonic using the style of Preston Blair and they pretty much came up with AoStH Sonic.

There was a funny thread here on Sup Forums where somebody took official art of Felix the Cat, erased features and then started redrawing them as Sonic the Hedgehog.

>somebody took official art of Felix the Cat, erased features and then started redrawing them as Sonic the Hedgehog.
This was done with Mickey/Minnie as well.

Oh man, I remember this.

>You wanna be a member? Wanna be a member?

youtu.be/wlLHZruDCAA

This is just a regular Betty Boop cartoon, surrealism and weirdness are very common on them.